Creative/critical reading as an approach to comprehending UB

Home Forums Urantia Book General Discussions Creative/critical reading as an approach to comprehending UB

Viewing 11 posts - 61 through 71 (of 71 total)
  • Author
    Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

But that reply was made to hit back at Bradly’s snide remarks  *shrugs*.   . . . .  I now give up when I see hostility encroaching. Rather than get into a heated debate, I bow out. This is my new approach on the website since my return.

Wait a minute! How is hitting back (at Bradly’s snide remarks) bowing out?  Hitting back is not bowing out!

Brooklyn_born
    Brooklyn_born
    Participant
    Keryn I am trying to understand why you cite it in reference to my reply.  I have read that paper already.

30:4.11-15

BB

Brooklyn_born
    Brooklyn_born
    Participant
    Lol! Bonita! :-)

But that reply was made to hit back at Bradly’s snide remarks *shrugs*. . . . . I now give up when I see hostility encroaching. Rather than get into a heated debate, I bow out. This is my new approach on the website since my return.

Wait a minute! How is hitting back (at Bradly’s snide remarks) bowing out? Hitting back is not bowing out!

BB

Keryn
    Participant
    Keryn I am trying to understand why you cite it in reference to my reply. I have read that paper already.

I wasn’t citing that specifically in response to your reply – it just happens to be within the selection of text that I wanted to share with you about the sleeping survivors.  The main point I was making is that sleeping survivors are not on the mansion world.  (You had asked ‘how do sleeping survivors know they are on the mansion world?’ and my point was that they are not there yet.  They are in an unconscious state and have not yet been resurrected which occurs on the mansion world.

Brooklyn_born
    Brooklyn_born
    Participant
    Ah! Okay. I misunderstood the purpose of the citation. Thanks for the clarification.
    Keryn I am trying to understand why you cite it in reference to my reply. I have read that paper already.

I wasn’t citing that specifically in response to your reply – it just happens to be within the selection of text that I wanted to share with you about the sleeping survivors.

BB

Anonymous
    Inactive

The Urantia Book isn’t saying they are captives, it is referencing another work that made the statement “He led a great multitude of captives,”.

Yes I understand, in that that which was in quotes was from another source but then it states:

. . . And these captives were the sleeping survivors from the days of Adam to the day of the Master’s resurrection on Urantia. (30:4.11)

Where this is not part of the quoted part but an acknowledgement as to the quote it self, within the narrative.  Thereby would seem to validate the statement.

Brooklyn_born
    Brooklyn_born
    Participant

Keryn, sleeping survivors are on the mansion world.  They are re-personalized when resurrected. Here is the quote:

30:4.4 2. Sleeping Survivors. All mortals of survival status, in the custody of personal guardians of destiny, pass through the portals of natural death and, on the third period, personalize on the mansion worlds.
     …..
    Are they classified as sleeping survivors once they reach the mansion world and start a new life? No but they are still sleeping survivors. The title merely changes.  It’s like you enter this world as a baby, grow to infancy and continue progressing through the different stages of physical, emotional and mental maturity.  When I said they were on the mansion world, I was speaking in a general sense. If you want to be technical with the language then they are called Mansion world students after the translation process completes and the new life is underway for the soul. So I stand corrected since technically they are classified as MWS.

I wasn’t citing that specifically in response to your reply – it just happens to be within the selection of text that I wanted to share with you about the sleeping survivors. The main point I was making is that sleeping survivors are not on the mansion world. (You had asked ‘how do sleeping survivors know they are on the mansion world?’ and my point was that they are not there yet. They are in an unconscious state and have not yet been resurrected which occurs on the mansion world.

BB

Keryn
    Participant

Keryn, sleeping survivors are on the mansion world. They are re-personalized when resurrected. Here is the quote:

30:4.4 2. Sleeping Survivors. All mortals of survival status, in the custody of personal guardians of destiny, pass through the portals of natural death and, on the third period, personalize on the mansion worlds.
    …..
    Are they classified as sleeping survivors once they reach the mansion world and start a new life? No but they are still sleeping survivors. The title merely changes. It’s like you enter this world as a baby, grow to infancy and continue progressing through the different stages of physical, emotional and mental maturity. When I said they were on the mansion world, I was speaking in a general sense. If you want to be technical with the language then they are called Mansion world students after the translation process completes and the new life is underway for the soul. So I stand corrected since technically they are classified as MWS.
    Oh, okay.  So your question back a couple of pages then was to ask whether survivors, who have been resurrected, will know they are on the mansion world or would they maybe think they are still on earth.  Well, I guess the presence of the Resurrection Halls would do it.  As it says in paper 47, “The very center of all activities on the first mansion world is the resurrection hall, the enormous temple of personality assembly. This gigantic structure consists of the central rendezvous of the seraphic destiny guardians …”  That would be pretty hard to miss, don’t you think?!  There’s nothing like that here on earth.
    You take this further and speculate, ” I think just because you are in the mansion world does not necessarily mean you are aware of it or will accept or believe it though you are told!”  The survivors will also be greeted by a Morontia Companion.  Do you think there are people who will meet these beautiful and charming guides and think, ‘Meh.  Must be some deranged homeless person.  I’m still on earth.’  LOL.
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Well, I guess the presence of the Resurrection Halls would do it. As it says in paper 47, “The very center of all activities on the first mansion world is the resurrection hall, the enormous temple of personality assembly. This gigantic structure consists of the central rendezvous of the seraphic destiny guardians …” That would be pretty hard to miss, don’t you think?!

In my review of paper 47, there are a few situations which might augment our understanding of whether a survivor would be conscious or not of their surroundings. Where in some of the narration it refers to “post-Adamic dispensation” and it also refers to “normal post-Adamic worlds.” The narration in paper 47, might indicate what would be a normal process, should we from or on Urantia, not have experienced an out of sequence process, where we have pasted the “Post-Bestowal Son Man” planetary epoch.  Being that the majority of paper 47 is a reference to the “post-Adamic Man” epoch, how much might be changed with survivors after this epoch.

(533.3) 47:3.5 From the Temple of New Life there extend seven radial wings, the resurrection halls of the mortal races. Each of these structures is devoted to the assembly of one of the seven races of time. There are one hundred thousand personal resurrection chambers in each of these seven wings terminating in the circular class assembly halls, which serve as the awakening chambers for as many as one million individuals. These halls are surrounded by the personality assembly chambers of the blended races of the normal post-Adamic worlds. Regardless of the technique which may be employed on the individual worlds of time in connection with special or dispensational resurrections, the real and conscious reassembly of actual and complete personality takes place in the resurrection halls of mansonia number one. Throughout all eternity you will recall the profound memory impressions of your first witnessing of these resurrection mornings.

So, can these narrations in paper 47, be in reference to a normal planetary process, and if so, would Urantia, be subject to a slightly different procedure or process which may not actual be representative of this papers narration?  There are other interesting narrations in this paper which would tend to support an altered hypothesis.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

While sleeping survivors are waiting to personalize on the mansion worlds they are in no one particular place.  That is because they are in pieces.   Their parts are in multiple places. Souls are with the guardian angel, mortal-mind transcripts and active creature-memory patterns which have been spiritized are with the Adjuster,  records of personality constitution are with the archangels . . .  but personality itself? . . . no one knows where that is while potential survivors sleep.  It’s a mystery.

112:5.15 During the transit of surviving mortals from the world of origin to the mansion worlds, whether they experience personality reassembly on the third period or ascend at the time of a group resurrection, the record of personality constitution is faithfully preserved by the archangels on their worlds of special activities. These beings are not the custodians of personality (as the guardian seraphim are of the soul), but it is nonetheless true that every identifiable factor of personality is effectually safeguarded in the custody of these dependable trustees of mortal survival. As to the exact whereabouts of mortal personality during the time intervening between death and survival, we do not know.

Brooklyn_born
    Brooklyn_born
    Participant
    Then it goes back to what I stated– that what we are told of the events in those halls of awakening to me is experienced within a religious context; and there is no guarantee you will accept it as truth. Most sleeping survivors have yet to fuse with their adjuster immediately after the resurrection. So all the ideas recounted to us in these resurrection chambers, for example, we just came from a ‘sleep-stasis’ caused by mortality in another world called Earth (Urantia), is not really fact or fiction in the Mansion world.  It is a “Belief.”  You get to choose whether or not you accept it as fact or fiction.

Keryn, sleeping survivors are on the mansion world. They are re-personalized when resurrected. Here is the quote:

…..
    Are they classified as sleeping survivors once they reach the mansion world and start a new life? No but they are still sleeping survivors. The title merely changes. It’s like you enter this world as a baby, grow to infancy and continue progressing through the different stages of physical, emotional and mental maturity. When I said they were on the mansion world, I was speaking in a general sense. If you want to be technical with the language then they are called Mansion world students after the translation process completes and the new life is underway for the soul. So I stand corrected since technically they are classified as MWS.
    Oh, okay. So your question back a couple of pages then was to ask whether survivors, who have been resurrected, will know they are on the mansion world or would they maybe think they are still on earth. Well, I guess the presence of the Resurrection Halls would do it. As it says in paper 47, “The very center of all activities on the first mansion world is the resurrection hall, the enormous temple of personality assembly. This gigantic structure consists of the central rendezvous of the seraphic destiny guardians …” That would be pretty hard to miss, don’t you think?! There’s nothing like that here on earth.
    You take this further and speculate, ” I think just because you are in the mansion world does not necessarily mean you are aware of it or will accept or believe it though you are told!” The survivors will also be greeted by a Morontia Companion. Do you think there are people who will meet these beautiful and charming guides and think, ‘Meh. Must be some deranged homeless person. I’m still on earth.’ LOL.

BB

Viewing 11 posts - 61 through 71 (of 71 total)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.