Can errors in one's way be carried over to the Mansions?

Home Forums Urantia Book General Discussions Can errors in one's way be carried over to the Mansions?

Viewing 7 posts - 46 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

Oh, I forgot to include these quotes about personality and character:

p1287:4 117:5.13 What man himself takes with him as a personality possession are the character consequences of the experience of having used the mind and spirit circuits of the grand universe in his Paradise ascent. When man decides, and when he consummates this decision in action, man experiences, and the meanings and the values of this experience are forever a part of his eternal character on all levels, from the finite to the final. Cosmically moral and divinely spiritual character represents the creature’s capital accumulation of personal decisions which have been illuminated by sincere worship, glorified by intelligent love, and consummated in brotherly service.

140:4.7 Personality is basically changeless; that which changes–grows–is the moral character.

Van Amadon
    Van Amadon
    Participant

I like all of that a lot Bonita. You too Bradly. How about we forget about the amends Bradly and just get down to being friends once and for all. We can take care of that too at TB. Isn’t friendship the hallmark of everything we’ve learned about God and how that grows character?

This community is to valuable for bickering. There’s too much to do. Too much to care about rather than who’s right.

Besides, your boots taste awful.  :-)

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

I think Jesus most ‘suffered’ from his compassion for others who are suffering – but not so much the mortal trials and tribulations which he endured and triumphed over.  I think it obvious the Creator Sons all thusly ‘suffer’….an inaccurate portrayal and description IMO of such enduring love and compassion and understanding.

I’m not sure I agree that Jesus didn’t personally suffer from his trials and tribulations.  I think he suffered horribly and therefore has a very personal and intimate knowledge of human suffering because of it.  That’s one of the things which makes him so endearing.  He’s not witnessing our suffering from a lofty place, but from having actually gone through it himself as a human, having felt it, touched it, processed it, and dealt with it.  He feels our pain as he felt it himself, there’s no doubt.  He himself has cried.  Anyone who has led a life of suffering can take refuge in him.  I know, because without his personal help, I myself would never have endured my own suffering. When I cry, he cries with me.  He is my rock!

128:1.5 It is forever and gloriously true: “We have a high ruler who can be touched with the feeling of our infirmities. We have a Sovereign who was in all points tested and tempted like as we are, yet without sin.” And since he himself has suffered, being tested and tried, he is abundantly able to understand and minister to those who are confused and distressed.

182:3.7  While no mortal can presume to understand the thoughts and feelings of the incarnate Son of God at such a time as this, we know that he endured great anguish and suffered untold sorrow, for the perspiration rolled off his face in great drops.

3:6.6 Does the Paradise Father suffer? I do not know. The Creator Sons most certainly can and sometimes do, even as do mortals. 

Anonymous
    Inactive

I think the Mansion Worlds are transitionary, transitory, rehabilitative, educational, and inspirational. It is the time between the material mind and the fused morontial mind. I’ve read nothing in the Papers that make me even suspect that animal fear and its attendant poisons have any mechanism for survival or “…be carried over to the Mansions”.

I find it interesting how many assume that when they arrive on the mansion world, that everything changes; well I would say that it may be the start of change or rehabilitation but, based on the following UB quote, which has always intrigued me, and very pertinent to this topic, in that if the mortal survivors continue their life where they left off at the time of death, with one physical perceived exception, it would imply that, that which is brought with the person is all that which they left with.  This being the case also would fit into the rehabilitation concept, in that how can one change that which one does not know that requires changing, if not carried over?

(532.7) 47:3.1 On the mansion worlds the resurrected mortal survivors resume their lives just where they left off when overtaken by death. When you go from Urantia to the first mansion world, you will notice considerable change, but if you had come from a more normal and progressive sphere of time, you would hardly notice the difference except for the fact that you were in possession of a different body; the tabernacle of flesh and blood has been left behind on the world of nativity.

It might be considered that realizing that one is “in possession of a different body”, could also indicate that if one died as an older person, that this new body is merely a manifestation of a younger body or self, with the full realization of the older self’s needs or issues which need changing.  Otherwise, it would have little meaning as for rehabilitation.  Those things which the self may realize that is in need of being changed, prior to death, and the inability or refusal to make those changes, currently would be needed on the mansion world to have any constructive affect for the future being.

Keryn
    Participant

Midi,
    What is your interpretation of the parts of the quote you used above, which I have highlighted in red below:

(532.7) 47:3.1 On the mansion worlds the resurrected mortal survivors resume their lives just where they left off when overtaken by death. [b]When you go from Urantia to the first mansion world, you will notice considerable change, but if you had come from a more normal and progressive sphere of time, you would hardly notice the difference[/b] except for the fact that you were in possession of a different body; the tabernacle of flesh and blood has been left behind on the world of nativity.

Because we come from a world that has experienced extraordinary rebellion and default, we are not as spiritually evolved as those from other worlds when we arrive on the first Mansion World.  So, we will notice a difference.  Now consider this quote:

47:4.5 (535.1) Your Adjuster memory remains fully intact as you ascend the morontia life. Those mental associations that were purely animalistic and wholly material naturally perished with the physical brain, but everything in your mental life which was worth while, and which had survival value, was counterparted by the Adjuster and is retained as a part of personal memory all the way through the ascendant career. You will be conscious of all your worth-while experiences as you advance from one mansion world to another and from one section of the universe to another — even to Paradise.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

The question at hand is:  What constitutes a worthwhile experience?  What experiences have survival value?  What experiences are essential to the universe career?  Being as “unfinished” as I am, I can’t trust myself to know for sure what I will “carry over” and what will stay behind.  But I am sure that any problems I have with other personalities will go with me . . .  which is why I try to solve them here if possible. Sometimes it’s not possible . . .

112:5.22 The Thought Adjuster will recall and rehearse for you only those memories and experiences which are a part of, and essential to, your universe career. If the Adjuster has been a partner in the evolution of aught in the human mind, then will these worth-while experiences survive in the eternal consciousness of the Adjuster. But much of your past life and its memories, having neither spiritual meaning nor morontia value, will perish with the material brain; much of material experience will pass away as onetime scaffolding which, having bridged you over to the morontia level, no longer serves a purpose in the universe. But personality and the relationships between personalities are never scaffolding; mortal memory of personality relationships has cosmic value and will persist. On the mansion worlds you will know and be known, and more, you will remember, and be remembered by, your onetime associates in the short but intriguing life on Urantia.

Anonymous
    Inactive

What is your interpretation of the parts of the quote you used above, which I have highlighted in red below:

(532.7) 47:3.1 On the mansion worlds the resurrected mortal survivors resume their lives just where they left off when overtaken by death. When you go from Urantia to the first mansion world, you will notice considerable change, but if you had come from a more normal and progressive sphere of time, you would hardly notice the difference except for the fact that you were in possession of a different body; the tabernacle of flesh and blood has been left behind on the world of nativity.

It would be difficult to say but, a “more normal” “sphere of time”, might indicate that on Urantia, there are variations in time, which might be more noticeable on the first Mansion World, or that the changes that may be noticed on the Mansion World, would or could indicate that any realization of time distortion could imply that one is on the Mansion World verses Urantia.  Therefore, implying that one has passed on in life.  However, assuming that we continue on, with minor differences in our realization of this or that reality could be speculative.

Because we come from a world that has experienced extraordinary rebellion and default, we are not as spiritually evolved as those from other worlds when we arrive on the first Mansion World. So, we will notice a difference. Now consider this quote:

47:4.5 (535.1) Your Adjuster memory remains fully intact as you ascend the morontia life. Those mental associations that were purely animalistic and wholly material naturally perished with the physical brain, but everything in your mental life which was worth while, and which had survival value, was counterparted by the Adjuster and is retained as a part of personal memory all the way through the ascendant career. You will be conscious of all your worth-while experiences as you advance from one mansion world to another and from one section of the universe to another — even to Paradise.

As indicated that which is “purely animalistic” perishes “with the physical brain,” however, those “animalistic” “mental associations” that are or may be “worth-while” may be “retained as a part of personal memory”, in that these memories might be pertinent in order to associate with others who may be encountered throughout the ascension process.  Coming from a world that experienced rebellion does not automatically conclude that one has not “spiritually evolved”, however as is indicated, we often progress in groups, whereby some may need additional sleep periods before actualizing on the Mansion World, where not everyone passes on from life at the same time, which may be the reason that our memories of “animalistic” behavior may need to sync up with those in our groups which we travel with? This might indicate that as a group, we may be helpful in any rehabilitation needed by any one or all members of a group?

Viewing 7 posts - 46 through 52 (of 52 total)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.