Can errors in one's way be carried over to the Mansions?

Home Forums Urantia Book General Discussions Can errors in one's way be carried over to the Mansions?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    Brooklyn_born
    Brooklyn_born
    Participant

132:2.6 As you ascend the universe scale of creature development, you will find increasing goodness and diminishing evil in perfect accordance with your capacity for goodness-experience and truth-discernment. The ability to entertain error or experience evil will not be fully lost until the ascending human soul achieves final spirit levels.

One can expect to see those human vices (theft, murder, violence, hate, anger, jealousy, gluttony, etc) in the mansion world.

BB

Keryn
    Participant

I don’t think murder or violence will be possible in the mansion worlds.  But yes, in general, error,personality flaws, spiritual weaknesses, and bad judgment will certainly be part of the mansion world experience.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

How does an immortal being get murdered on the mansion worlds?  Makes no sense.  Nobody can kill another person there.  People can only kill themselves on the mansion worlds.  Don’t forget that violence is an animal behavior.  We leave the ANIMAL behind.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

If you go back to my very first post on this thread, you will see that I already posted quote 132:2.6.  It’s not NEW information.

Brooklyn_born
    Brooklyn_born
    Participant

You may not carry fleshly bodies to the mansion world, but the behavior driven by fleshly bodies persists; animal mind continues. And the morontial bodies we use as vehicles in the initial mansion worlds are not immortal in the classical sense.

47:8.7 During the sojourn on world number six the mansion world students achieve a status which is comparable with the exalted development characterizing those evolutionary worlds which have normally progressed beyond the initial stage of light and life. The organization of society on this mansonia is of a high order. The shadow of the mortal nature grows less and less as these worlds are ascended one by one. You are becoming more and more adorable as you leave behind the coarse vestiges of planetary animal origin. “Coming up through great tribulation” serves to make glorified mortals very kind and understanding, very sympathetic and tolerant.

50:3.3 The Life Carriers, the architects of form, provide such volunteers with new physical bodies, which they occupy for the periods of their planetary sojourn. These personality forms, while exempt from the ordinary diseases of the realms, are, like the early morontia bodies, subject to certain accidents of a mechanical nature.

BB

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

I don’t think murder or violence will be possible in the mansion worlds.  But yes, in general, error,personality flaws, spiritual weaknesses, and bad judgment will certainly be part of the mansion world experience.

Thank you Keryn.  Looks like you posted while I was composing mine.  I agree with you.  Violence is the law of nature, meaning physical nature.  On the mansion worlds we are no longer physical.  We’re morontial.

70:1.1 Violence is the law of nature, hostility the automatic reaction of the children of nature, while war is but these same activities carried on collectively. And wherever and whenever the fabric of civilization becomes stressed by the complications of society’s advancement, there is always an immediate and ruinous reversion to these early methods of violent adjustment of the irritations of human interassociations.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

but the behavior driven by fleshly bodies persists. And the morontial bodies we use as vehicles in the initial mansion worlds are not immortal in the classical sense.

What is the classical sense of immortality?  For that matter, what’s the non-classical sense?

Also, it should be noted that only our behavior which resulted in birth and growth of the soul survives, the new character of our personality, persists on the mansion worlds.

So, what type of behavior gives rise to the soul and promotes its growth?  Behavior which is GOD’S WILL.  Nothing evil, sinful or iniquitous about GOD’S WILL, is there? The character we create by our decisions which are in line with GOD’S WILL is the soul we take with us.  Everything else gets left behind.

The ability to entertain error and experience evil has to do with NEW decisions on the mansion worlds that may not be entirely in line with GOD’S WILL.  Error and evil don’t go away until we’re fully perfected, and that happens well after we become finaliters.  Finaliters are only sixth stage spirits.  It’s not our final stage, even though it sounds final.

17:6.10We are mindful that, when finaliters attain what appears to be their final destiny of mortal ascension, they are of record as entering upon the career of sixth-stage spirits.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

Here’s the definition of the soul again:

0:5.10 4. Soul. The soul of man is an experiential acquirement. As a mortal creature chooses to “do the will of the Father in heaven,” so the indwelling spirit becomes the father of a new reality in human experience. The mortal and material mind is the mother of this same emerging reality. The substance of this new reality is neither material nor spiritual — it is morontial. This is the emerging and immortal soul which is destined to survive mortal death and begin the Paradise ascension.

By my count, there are 53 entries in TUB mentioning the immortal soul.  But what makes the soul immortal?  It’s the Adjuster.  Anytime prior to fusion the soul can refuse the Adjuster.  If the Adjuster should leave the soul, it dies.  But all that was true, beautiful and good in the character of that soul is retained as part of the experience of the Adjuster.  The soul itself no longer exists.  Only the spiritual values that were once part of it continue to exist as immortal.

So . . . is this what BB means by the soul not being immortal in the classical sense?  Perhaps, I don’t know.  But I do know that no one murders it.  It dies from lack of nourishment, from starvation . . . being disconnected from the vine of reality.

Other people cannot do that to you.  You do that to yourself.

Brooklyn_born
    Brooklyn_born
    Participant
    The answer is right there in your response.  The morontia soul can die under certain conditions. Thus, in the classical sense, it is not immortal

Here’s the definition of the soul again:

0:5.10 4. Soul. The soul of man is an experiential acquirement. As a mortal creature chooses to “do the will of the Father in heaven,” so the indwelling spirit becomes the father of a new reality in human experience. The mortal and material mind is the mother of this same emerging reality. The substance of this new reality is neither material nor spiritual — it is morontial. This is the emerging and immortal soul which is destined to survive mortal death and begin the Paradise ascension.

By my count, there are 53 entries in TUB mentioning the immortal soul. But what makes the soul immortal? It’s the Adjuster. Anytime prior to fusion the soul can refuse the Adjuster. If the Adjuster should leave the soul, it dies. But all that was true, beautiful and good in the character of that soul is retained as part of the experience of the Adjuster. The soul itself no longer exists. Only the spiritual values that were once part of it continue to exist as immortal. So . . . is this what BB means by the soul not being immortal in the classical sense? Perhaps, I don’t know. But I do know that no one murders it. It dies from lack of nourishment, from starvation . . . being disconnected from the vine of reality. Other people cannot do that to you. You do that to yourself.

BB

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

You may not carry fleshly bodies to the mansion world, but the behavior driven by fleshly bodies persists; animal mind continues.

I’m pretty sure TUB specifically states that the animal mind does NOT continue in the next life.  The animal mind is a material level ministry.  Mind on the mansion worlds is a morontia level ministry.  They are quite different.

The animal mind is ministered to by the adjutant mind spirits.  The adjutant mind spirits do not function on the mansion worlds. The immortal soul, which survives material death, is superadjutant.  Although the soul retains the character which it developed during material life, that character has two parents, the adjutant ministries and Adjuster ministry.

112:6.10 When a creature leaves his native planet, he leaves the adjutant ministry behind and becomes solely dependent on morontia intellect.

117:5.7 The great circuits of energy, mind, and spirit are never the permanent possessions of ascending personality; these ministries remain forever a part of Supremacy. In the mortal experience the human intellect resides in the rhythmic pulsations of the adjutant mind-spirits and effects its decisions within the arena produced by encircuitment within this ministry. Upon mortal death the human self is everlastingly divorced from the adjutant circuit. While these adjutants never seem to transmit experience from one personality to another, they can and do transmit the impersonal repercussions of decision-action through God the Sevenfold to God the Supreme. (At least this is true of the adjutants of worship and wisdom.)

This means that the character of the soul is also a morontia level reality, a union of the two ministries.  If the Adjuster had anything to do with the development of the character of the soul, that character must be true, beautiful and good, remembering that those three values are living values, and thus relative to the reality level on which they exist.  Relative and living values are growing values, subject to improving change, i.e. greater perfection.

More later on the character of the soul.

Nigel Nunn
    Participant

Bonita – thanks for your recent set of beautifully expressed contributions to various threads.

I’ll add to George’s “Light and Life cosmology” in a day or so,

Nigel

Van Amadon
    Van Amadon
    Participant

Bonita – thanks for your recent set of beautifully expressed contributions to various threads.

Ditto

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

Thanks guys.

I’ll add to George’s “Light and Life cosmology” in a day or so . . .

Oh good!  I will avoid George’s topic in order to give him space.  I know he thinks I’m a know-it-all, so it would be great if someone other than me contributes.  Not that I don’t want to, mind you, because I do.  I just don’t want to cause further irritation by offering my 2¢.

Speaking of further irritation.  I’m thinking of discussing the character of the soul on a separate thread.  It is directly related to BB’s question about error being carried over to the mansion worlds, but the character of the soul is such a vast topic, it might derail this one.  Does anyone have an opinion on that? Or, perhaps it’s possible that no one is interested in the topic . . . that would be good to know too since it requires tons of work.

Nigel Nunn
    Participant

Bonita – clarifying the phenomenon of soul-growth would be a wonderful topic!

With regard to what the UB actually reveals about the nature and purpose of our soul, many of us students suffer simple misunderstandings;  some of us even cling to preconceptions.

But if you do “dare to launch (103:9.7)“, leading us into this essential exploration, please allow yourself to enjoy the moment, and take your time.  This is not defending a thesis, more a sharing of the overflow   :good:

thanks – Nigel

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

This is not defending a thesis, more a sharing of the overflow

Everything I post here is a sharing of the overflow.  There’s just so much overflowing . . . .

Thanks.  I’ll take my time and think about it.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 52 total)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.