Agondonters

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 425 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

This reply has been reported for inappropriate content.

Andre, I don’t know who tagged your post as inappropriate, but I think whoever did that is acting inappropriately.

For your information, regarding Andre’s post and the tag as being inappropriate, it was I.  I found it offensive and an attack against me personally, where it would seem that many here, on this forum, think themselves as brothers and sisters to those who study TUB but do not participate in its teachings, however that being said, it is their opinion and they are entitled to it, and I am entitled to mine.

It is this type of attitude that has promoted many others to stop posting or contributing on this forum, because they have been insulted through wording which is underhandedly placed through their hypocrisy towards others who think differently or have another opinion.  They speak of brotherhood, only to the point that if you are not with us, you are against us.  Therefore, the so called family atmosphere being projected here is not one that would support the fact that one can choose their friends but cannot choose their family.  In this case I choose neither, because actions speak louder then words.  If this is the family you wish to support, then you can count me out, because for most here, they speak of love but it is only a word, and the meaning behind that word is what it implies to them, which is a falsehood by their action.

Van Amadon
    Van Amadon
    Participant

Remember:

(194:3.12) Pentecost endowed mortal man with the power to forgive personal injuries, to keep sweet in the midst of the gravest injustice, to remain unmoved in the face of appalling danger, and to challenge the evils of hate and anger by the fearless acts of love and forbearance. Urantia has passed through the ravages of great and destructive wars in its history. All participants in these terrible struggles met with defeat. There was but one victor; there was only one who came out of these embittered struggles with an enhanced reputation—that was Jesus of Nazareth and his gospel of overcoming evil with good. The secret of a better civilization is bound up in the Master’s teachings of the brotherhood of man, the good will of love and mutual trust.

Van Amadon
    Van Amadon
    Participant

Agony.

nelsong
    Participant

Andre, I don’t know who tagged your post as inappropriate, but I think whoever did that is acting inappropriately.

For your information, regarding Andre’s post and the tag as being inappropriate, it was I. I found it offensive and an attack against me personally, where it would seem that many here, on this forum, think themselves as brothers and sisters to those who study TUB but do not participate in its teachings, however that being said, it is their opinion and they are entitled to it, and I am entitled to mine. It is this type of attitude that has promoted many others to stop posting or contributing on this forum, because they have been insulted through wording which is underhandedly placed through their hypocrisy towards others who think differently or have another opinion. They speak of brotherhood, only to the point that if you are not with us, you are against us. Therefore, the so called family atmosphere being projected here is not one that would support the fact that one can choose their friends but cannot choose their family. In this case I choose neither, because actions speak louder then words. If this is the family you wish to support, then you can count me out, because for most here, they speak of love but it is only a word, and the meaning behind that word is what it implies to them, which is a falsehood by their action.

Oh brother. Were you educated at UC Berserkley, where that indoctrinate students to pay so close attention to their feelings and attempt to shape laws to prevent such travesty that would hurt them?

I really do not know why you would hang around and read stuff that you cant sort past the level of feelings.

Not meant to be offensive but I know it will be taken that way.

Moderator-1
    Moderator-1

Dear Forum users,

Rarely do Moderators reply to a conversation.  Moderators expect users to listen to their better natures when posting comments.  Each one of you know when you fall short of your better nature   You know especially when you go back and reread comments you put up that are unkind, unfair, disrespectful or completely irrelevant to the topic, such as what school a user went to.  If you blurt out something against another user, Edit it yourself.  Learn how to better express yourself.  Your Edit demonstrates to the public that you can rise above the tendency to be critical of your fellow student of The Urantia Book.  All of us are students.  None of us are perfect.  Forebear the imperfections of your fellows.  Take the mote out of your own eye.

Rules

• Be kind, fair, respectful and courteous at all times.
    • Please abide by the purpose of this Forum which is dedicated to the in-depth study of The Urantia Book and the dissemination of its teachings.

Cultivate the aroma of friendliness which emanates from a love-saturated soul.

Sincerely,

Moderator-1

nelsong
    Participant

Dear Forum users, Rarely do Moderators reply to a conversation. Moderators expect users to listen to their better natures when posting comments. Each one of you know when you fall short of your better nature You know especially when you go back and reread comments you put up that are unkind, unfair, disrespectful or completely irrelevant to the topic, such as what school a user went to. If you blurt out something against another user, Edit it yourself. Learn how to better express yourself. Your Edit demonstrates to the public that you can rise above the tendency to be critical of your fellow student of The Urantia Book. All of us are students. None of us are perfect. Forebear the imperfections of your fellows. Take the mote out of your own eye.

Rules

• Be kind, fair, respectful and courteous at all times.
    • Please abide by the purpose of this Forum which is dedicated to the in-depth study of The Urantia Book and the dissemination of its teachings.

Cultivate the aroma of friendliness which emanates from a love-saturated soul. Sincerely, Moderator-1

Did the edit.

It was me who precipitated an apporpriate moderator rebuke and I appologize for being the reactionary that I am.

Reaction is the key word, I did not start this.

Cant help what I am but I can keep my fingers off of the keyboard and I will.

Again, I appologize for what its worth.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

I see no need for you to apologize Nelson.  None at all.  Thank you for your input.

Van Amadon
    Van Amadon
    Participant

(131:4.5) We crave forgiveness from the Lord for all of our trespasses against our fellows;

(108:5.9) When it comes to the sharp and well-defined conflicts between the higher and lower tendencies of the races, between what really is right or wrong (not merely what you may call right and wrong), you can depend upon it that the Adjuster will always participate in some definite and active manner in such experiences.

(131:2.8) God will bring every man’s work to judgment with every secret thing, whether it be good or evil. As a man thinks in his heart, so is he.

Mara
    Mara
    Participant

(108:5.9) When it comes to the sharp and well-defined conflicts between the higher and lower tendencies of the races, between what really is right or wrong (not merely what you may call right and wrong), you can depend upon it that the Adjuster will always participate in some definite and active manner in such experiences.

This is a good one Van.   The topic of personality and will came up in study group recently. I had a question about this. I explained that at times I experience a sort of discord when, for example, I want things to go my way. I want *my will* to be done. The more I want *my will* the more discord I have. On the other hand I am devoted to doing God’s will. So my question was, “Do I have two wills?” This question was answered for me by a member of study group who referred us to this paragraph, as recounted by a seraphim “in extenuation of the difficulties of ministering to her mortal subject.”

111:7.5[Part III]
    “Much of my difficulty was due to the unending conflict between the two natures of my subject: the urge of ambition opposed by animal indolence; the ideals of a superior people crossed by the instincts of an inferior race; the high purposes of a great mind antagonized by the urge of a primitive inheritance; the long-distance view of a far-seeing Monitor counteracted by the nearsightedness of a creature of time; the progressive plans of an ascending being modified by the desires and longings of a material nature; the flashes of universe intelligence cancelled by the chemical-energy mandates of the evolving race; the urge of angels opposed by the emotions of an animal; the training of an intellect annulled by the tendencies of instinct; the experience of the individual opposed by the accumulated propensities of the race; the aims of the best overshadowed by the drift of the worst; the flight of genius neutralized by the gravity of mediocrity; the progress of the good retarded by the inertia of the bad; the art of the beautiful besmirched by the presence of evil; the buoyancy of health neutralized by the debility of disease; the fountain of faith polluted by the poisons of fear; the spring of joy embittered by the waters of sorrow; the gladness of anticipation disillusioned by the bitterness of realization; the joys of living ever threatened by the sorrows of death. Such a life on such a planet! And yet, because of the ever-present help and urge of the Thought Adjuster, this soul did achieve a fair degree of happiness and success and has even now ascended to the judgment halls of mansonia.”
    Such a life!  Such a planet!
    Van Amadon
    Van Amadon
    Participant

Yes it is! And let me add to it this:

(109:5.4) The great problem of life is the adjustment of the ancestral tendencies of living to the demands of the spiritual urges initiated by the divine presence of the Mystery Monitor. While in the universe and superuniverse careers no man can serve two masters, in the life you now live on Urantia every man must perforce serve two masters. He must become adept in the art of a continuous human temporal compromise while he yields spiritual allegiance to but one master; and this is why so many falter and fail, grow weary and succumb to the stress of the evolutionary struggle.

(102:6.1) the God of worship claims all allegiance or none.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant
    Mara wrote: “So my question was, “Do I have two wills?”
    LOL.  Sorry, that really cracked me up.  Don’t be offended.
    Each personality has only one will, which is why the Adjuster’s pre-will is so dependent upon it.  No . . . we are not dual-willed beings.  We are dual-natured beings.  Big difference.  We have only one will that must choose between two natures: human and divine.

34:6.9  In every mortal there exists a dual nature: the inheritance of animal tendencies and the high urge of spirit endowment. During the short life you live on Urantia, these two diverse and opposing urges can seldom be fully reconciled; they can hardly be harmonized and unified; but throughout your lifetime the combined Spirit ever ministers to assist you in subjecting the flesh more and more to the leading of the Spirit. Even though you must live your material life through, even though you cannot escape the body and its necessities, nonetheless, in purpose and ideals you are empowered increasingly to subject the animal nature to the mastery of the Spirit. There truly exists within you a conspiracy of spiritual forces, a confederation of divine powers, whose exclusive purpose is to effect your final deliverance from material bondage and finite handicaps.

nelsong
    Participant

(131:4.5) We crave forgiveness from the Lord for all of our trespasses against our fellows; (108:5.9) When it comes to the sharp and well-defined conflicts between the higher and lower tendencies of the races, between what really is right or wrong (not merely what you may call right and wrong), you can depend upon it that the Adjuster will always participate in some definite and active manner in such experiences. (131:2.8) God will bring every man’s work to judgment with every secret thing, whether it be good or evil. As a man thinks in his heart, so is he.

Great quote and it applies here, maybe especially to me and if so, my apology for singling out a university by name was moderator appeasement, I really don’t want to get banned. When it comes to the lower tendencies of my race – I like it (its the fault of the higher and lower Adjutants) – and within that context I will say this:  “Its always better to beg for forgiveness than it is to ask for permission”. There is a right and a wrong on both levels, high and low and I embrace and persue both wholeheartedly. May God forgive me and judge me fairly.

Van Amadon
    Van Amadon
    Participant
    When it comes to the lower tendencies of my race – I like it (its the fault of the higher and lower Adjutants)
    You have a sense of humor I can identify with nelsong. That’s pretty funny.
    (131:3.1) Ganid was shocked to discover how near Buddhism came to being a great and beautiful religion without God
    (131:3.3) “Unrighteousness is contemptible; sin is despicable. Evil is degrading, whether held in thought or wrought out in deeds. Pain and sorrow follow in the path of evil as the dust follows the wind. Happiness and peace of mind follow pure thinking and virtuous living as the shadow follows the substance of material things. Evil is the fruit of wrongly directed thinking. It is evil to see sin where there is no sin; to see no sin where there is sin. Evil is the path of false doctrines. Those who avoid evil by seeing things as they are gain joy by thus embracing the truth. Make an end of your misery by loathing sin. When you look up to the Noble One, turn away from sin with a whole heart. Make no apology for evil; make no excuse for sin. By your efforts to make amends for past sins you acquire strength to resist future tendencies thereto. Restraint is born of repentance. Leave no fault unconfessed to the Noble One.
    Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

Thanks to all who have helped overcome another stroke into the weeds!!  For ascendant candidates, it is the response that is measured more than what happened which brings the response – response-ability!!  Emotional stability and maturity are important traits for us tadpoles….how we respond to hurt feelings, anger, grief, and all other emotion-responses is something we all have control over and make decision-choices about.

Now, back to the topic.  I find the discussion of the role of personality to be very helpful.  To understand the Agondonter, we must first consider all ascender’s potential (resources and obstacles) and future fusion and finality and how faith works in conjunction with belief and the love response and the ministering Spirits.  Like Andon and Fonta, many mortals ascend without all the Spirits at work within.  We are blessed with all the Spirits engaged on Urantia today (and now 2000 years) which helps to overcome the effects of rebellion within us each and also on a planetary basis as well.  I am amazed that even the most primitive of minds experience the reality of the dual natures and their integration into personal reality experience which is responsive to the Spirit, gives birth to soul, and grows this soul/mid-mind and morontial reality with eternal potential and growing faith.

103:9.8 (1141.6) Science (knowledge) is founded on the inherent (adjutant spirit) assumption that reason is valid, that the universe can be comprehended. Philosophy (co-ordinate comprehension) is founded on the inherent (spirit of wisdom) assumption that wisdom is valid, that the material universe can be co-ordinated with the spiritual. Religion (the truth of personal spiritual experience) is founded on the inherent (Thought Adjuster) assumption that faith is valid, that God can be known and attained.

103:9.9 (1141.7) The full realization of the reality of mortal life consists in a progressive willingness to believe these assumptions of reason, wisdom, and faith. Such a life is one motivated by truth and dominated by love; and these are the ideals of objective cosmic reality whose existence cannot be materially demonstrated.

103:9.10 (1142.1) When reason once recognizes right and wrong, it exhibits wisdom; when wisdom chooses between right and wrong, truth and error, it demonstrates spirit leading. And thus are the functions of mind, soul, and spirit ever closely united and functionally interassociated. Reason deals with factual knowledge; wisdom, with philosophy and revelation; faith, with living spiritual experience. Through truth man attains beauty and by spiritual love ascends to goodness.

103:9.11 (1142.2) Faith leads to knowing God, not merely to a mystical feeling of the divine presence. Faith must not be overmuch influenced by its emotional consequences. True religion is an experience of believing and knowing as well as a satisfaction of feeling.

103:9.12 (1142.3) There is a reality in religious experience that is proportional to the spiritual content, and such a reality is transcendent to reason, science, philosophy, wisdom, and all other human achievements. The convictions of such an experience are unassailable; the logic of religious living is incontrovertible; the certainty of such knowledge is superhuman; the satisfactions are superbly divine, the courage indomitable, the devotions unquestioning, the loyalties supreme, and the destinies final — eternal, ultimate, and universal.

Gene
    Participant

There is this interesting quote from paper 9.1.8 the last sentence: the universe of your origin is being forged out between the anvil of justice and the hammer of suffering; but those who wield the hammer are the children of mercy, the spirit offspring of the Infinite Spirit.

now don’t that sound like this could be the basis of the  agondonter challenge (or should I say mandate) that is built into the master  plan coming from the master manipulator, the master mind, the third person himself??

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 425 total)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.