Adjutant Mind-Spirits

Home Forums Urantia Book General Discussions Adjutant Mind-Spirits

Viewing 14 posts - 136 through 149 (of 149 total)
  • Author
    Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

The seven adjutants, when unified under the direction of the spirit of wisdom, are tutors of truth, beauty and goodness(112:6.9).  Under their tutelage, the material intellect discovers and recognizes; the soul interprets, and then the personality has the opportunity to choose either the enlightened or unenlightened path.  In this way the psychic circles are traveled until finally reaching the first circle.  At this point there is a superimposition of morontia mind UPON adjutant mind (112:6.9).  There are many first circles alive on this planet (110:7.1) able to utilize morontia mind of the soul and adjutant mind. Imagine that!.  It’s remarkable to have the potential to be able to think clearly with two minds, divine and human, one up and on the other.

130.4.3  The highest level to which a finite creature can progress is the recognition of the Universal Father and the knowing of the Supreme. And even then such beings of finality destiny go on experiencing change in the motions of the physical world and in its material phenomena. Likewise do they remain aware of selfhood progression in their continuing ascension of the spiritual universe and of growing consciousness in their deepening appreciation of, and response to, the intellectual cosmos. Only in the perfection, harmony, and unanimity of will can the creature become as one with the Creator; and such a state of divinity is attained and maintained only by the creature’s continuing to live in time and eternity by consistently conforming his finite personal will to the divine will of the Creator. Always must the desire to do the Father’s will be supreme in the soul and dominant over the mind of an ascending son of God.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

I was reading this quote the other day and got to thinking that the spirit of worship may be involved in prompting the mortal conscience.

101:5.10 Evolutionary religion is the outworking of the endowment of the local universe mind adjutant charged with the creation and fostering of the worship trait in evolving man. Such primitive religions are directly concerned with ethics and morals, the sense of human duty. Such religions are predicated on the assurance of conscience and result in the stabilization of relatively ethical civilizations.

We know that the mortal conscience is not a higher mind function; it does not arise from the Adjuster or the soul level of consciousness.  It seems to be purely adjutant in nature.

p1207:7  110:5.1  Do not confuse and confound the mission and influence of the Adjuster with what is commonly called conscience; they are not directly related. Conscience is a human and purely psychic reaction. It is not to be despised, but it is hardly the voice of God to the soul, which indeed the Adjuster’s would be if such a voice could be heard. Conscience, rightly, admonishes you to do right; but the Adjuster, in addition, endeavors to tell you what truly is right; that is, when and as you are able to perceive the Monitor’s leading.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

103:9.8 Science (knowledge) is founded on the inherent (adjutant spirit) assumption that reason is valid, that the universe can be comprehended. Philosophy (co-ordinate comprehension) is founded on the inherent (spirit of wisdom) assumption that wisdom is valid, that the material universe can be co-ordinated with the spiritual. Religion (the truth of personal spiritual experience) is founded on the inherent (Thought Adjuster) assumption that faith is valid, that God can be known and attained.

I interpret this quote to mean that scientific thinking is an adjutant level of thinking, mostly the lower five.  Once a person makes contact with the spirit of wisdom, philosophical thinking is possible.  But for religious thinking, the supermind of the Holy Spirit must be present in order for the Thought Adjuster to function.

Personally, I get really irritated with people who only think at the scientific level and it’s always concerned me that I do.  Now I know why.  I don’t think it’s healthy to only think with the lower adjutant mind.  Philosophical and religious thinking have to become integrated with scientific thinking in order to allow the entire mind to function at its best.  (It’s about that tri-fold, elliptical thinking fostered by the cosmic mind and its intuitions.) It’s mentally unbalanced to only think scientifically, which is one reason why people like Hawking exhibit thinking that is full of black holes.

Nigel Nunn
    Participant

Bonita wrote:

[B] “Personally, I get really irritated with people who only think at the scientific level and it’s always concerned me that I do.  Now I know why.  I don’t think it’s healthy to only think with the lower adjutant mind.  Philosophical and religious thinking have to become integrated with scientific thinking in order to allow the entire mind to function at its best.”

Agreed.  This was the idea I tried to catch with [this pic] over in [this thread].

Nigel

Nigel Nunn
    Participant

PS: Bonita, thanks for taking the time to criticise this [ trivial glyph ].  I’d be thrilled if you could assist with this challenge of exploring the actual technique of adjutant-animal interaction.

The problem:  The Life Carriers fostered the evolution of something  that allows the adjutant circuits of the Divine Minister to animate the animals whose evolution those Life Carriers fostered.

What is that something?  What phenomenon could possibly enable a purely spiritual drive (the adjutant level of consciousness of the Divine Minister) to turn a biochemical mechanism?  Why did each adjutant need independently to seek “receptivity capacity for manifestation[ 401.6, 36:5.2 ]. Does this imply 7 variations on a psycho-somatic theme?

Given the complexity of what must be involved, any attempt we make to imagine or to describe this phenomenon must be deeply erroneous.  But those of us who “take delight in cultivating” (192.5, 16:6.9) such intuitive speculation need eventually to take a first step;  hence that trivial sketch.  Think of that as an attempted placeholder upon which to hang experimental ideas.  Bonita, if you could adjust the implied ideas, or suggest a better placeholder, that would be great!

Nigel

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant
    Nigel Nunn wrote:  The problem:  The Life Carriers fostered the evolution of something  that allows the adjutant circuits of the Divine Minister to animate the animals whose evolution those Life Carriers fostered. What is that something?

A physical energy system derived from

Nigel Nunn wrote:What phenomenon could possibly enable a purely spiritual drive (the adjutant level of consciousness of the Divine Minister) to turn a biochemical mechanism?  Why did each adjutant need independently to seek “receptivity capacity for manifestation” [ 401.6, 36:5.2 ].

The adjutants are not spiritual; they are mind ministers.  Mind always intercedes between physical energy systems and spiritual energy systems.(116:5.10; 116:66.7)  The purpose of mind is to coordinate and unify spirit causations with energy reactions.(116:3.4).  The urge may have a spirit origin, but on the ground level, that spiritual urge is mediated by the appropriate mind ministry capable of eliciting the desired physical energy reaction.

Each adjutant is responsible  for a given urge, or set of urges, and then seeks to contact a physical energy source capable of reacting to it. The adjutants, through urges, lures and desires, gently mold physical energy systems toward their individual limit of perfection. The adjutants are called the spirits of promise because they impel and propel evolution forward. They are like tools or instruments of evolution. If you are trying to build a perfect house you don’t use a blow torch to put your 2 x 4’s together, you don’t use wire nuts to connect your plumbing, nor do you use nails to complete your electrical circuits.  In like manner, you wouldn’t use the spirit of worship to urge an amoeba to evolve to the point where it can consume a human pathogenic gram negative bacillus. There are certain genes within the amoeba DNA that need to be activated in order for that evolutional event to occur and the lower, or probably the lowest, adjutant has the appropriate tools available to urge a nonthinking organism to evolve DNA.  How it does so, I could not say with any certainty.

But remember, all of evolution is already built into the original ancestral code of the life plasm; it’s a matter of when, where and how it is activated and utilized. The adjutants are the activators, that is their job, creating the circumstances which are ripe for new life expressions of the original life plasm. (36:2.17)  I’ve often wondered if the “spark of life” supplied by the Creative Spirit, which “enlivens the body and presages the mind” (36:3.4) is the beacon which attracts the adjutants to begin their work.  Life and some level of mind go hand in hand, I think.

Nigel Nunn wrote:  Does this imply 7 variations on a psycho-somatic theme?

Psycho?? Do amoebas, plants, animals and insects have psyches?  Maybe you could develop your meaning of psycho-somatic a little?  Are you referring only to humans?

Nigel Nunn wrote:  Bonita, if you could adjust the implied ideas, or suggest a better placeholder, that would be great!

1. I think that the soul and the Adjuster should be in intimate contact with one another.  I see the Adjuster as the center, or near the center of the soul, unfused and fully separable, yet intimately a part of  the relationship.  That is my own personal image, however.

2.  Why is the overlap of the conscious mind with the superconscious mind so large?  Doesn’t the conscious mind delicately touch the soul and its superconscious center? (111:1.5)  You do have to go through the soul to reach the superconscious, but I don’t think they mean go through the soul and come out the other side.  I think they mean go through to the center, the core, the nucleus, the heart.

3.  I think that spiritual urges and lures come from within the soul.

4.  What is meant by “urges” “desires” “lures” on the bottom?  They are just hanging there.

5.  What’s with the feeling/emotion loop all about?  You say it is a stimulus, but a stimulus for what?

6.  How exactly would you resist an adjutant?   Mind imbalance comes from resisting the spiritual influence of the Adjuster, not the adjutants . . .  far as I can tell.  Then again, if you are Borg, resistance is futile.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

I’d be thrilled if you could assist with this challenge of exploring the actual technique of adjutant-animal interaction.

So you would be thrilled if I could assist with this challenge huh?  Well what about you?  When are you going to reply?  It’s supposed to be a conversation, an exploration of ideas.  This cannot happen if it takes you weeks and months to respond. If you’re still thinking, then at least post an image of the smoke coming out of your ears. And, I don’t think it’s fair for you to ask me to help you explore when you’re not willing to go on the expedition with me.  It seems that these so-called conversations are always one sided, and personally I find it rather colorless.  I spend a lot of time developing these ideas and writing them out for you and what do I get?  Crickets.  Thanks, but crickets are boring.

Nigel Nunn
    Participant

Hi Bonita,

This idea of adjutants as “mind ministers” is worth a closer look. So too the distinction between our “mind” and “human intellect”.

As mind ministers, are the seven adjutants “ministering to” a pre-existing system we can call human mind, or does their overlay and interplay quite literally create the personal utility we experience as human intellect (exploiting the neurobiochemistry fostered by the Life carriers)?

(403.1, 36:5.13) “… is to a certain extent essential to the function of all seven as human intellect.”

(1286.5, 117:5.7) “In the mortal experience the human intellect resides in the rhythmic pulsations of the adjutant mind-spirits and effects its decisions within the arena produced by encircuitment within this ministry.”

Regarding the relationship between our will, our soul, and our Adjuster, a better version of this glyph would depict the Adjuster simultaneously in at least two ways. First (from our experiential point of view) as a point of perfection within, and second, from Michael’s point of view, as (1226.13, 112:1.9) a subinfinite absolute penetration of the finite nature of an ascending Nebadon native.  That current place-holder pic is skewed toward the second perspective.

Regarding how the Adjutants interact with animals, I wrote:

[NN]:  The Life Carriers fostered the evolution of something that allows the adjutant circuits of the Divine Minister to animate the animals whose evolution those Life Carriers fostered.  What is that something? What phenomenon could possibly enable a purely spiritual drive (the adjutant level of consciousness of the Divine Minister) to turn a biochemical mechanism?  Why did each adjutant need independently to seek “receptivity capacity for manifestation” (401.6, 36:5.2)?  Does this imply 7 variations on a psycho-somatic theme?

By psycho-somatic, here I mean simply “mind-body”.  So “7 variations on a psycho-somatic theme” is meant to imply 7 similar but distinct interfaces between adjutant urge and animal biology.

(378.4, 34:4.10) “These mind-spirits are similar in character but diverse in power, and all partake alike of the nature of the Universe Spirit, …”

Regarding a “purely spiritual drive” turning a biochemical mechanism, I was thinking that while the adjutants are “mind ministers”, they themselves are (circuit-like) spiritual phenomena:

(401.5, 36:5.1) “Wherever and whenever such mind is manifest, these spirits are variously functioning.”

(378.4, 34:4.10) “…, and all partake alike of the nature of the Universe Spirit, …”

(1405.4, 127:6.12) “He has very nearly mastered the technique of utilizing the energy of the spiritual drive to turn the mechanism of material achievement.”

Regarding whether “amoebas, plants, animals and insects have psyches”, I have always imagined adjutant-animal interaction not really getting under way until mammals appeared.  In fact, I like to think of mammals literally as finger exercises by the Life Carriers for enabling and tuning adjutant animation.

(739.1, 65:7.5) The seven adjutant spirits do not make contact with the purely mechanical orders of organismal environmental response. Such preintelligent responses of living organisms pertain purely to the energy domains of the power centers, the physical controllers, and their associates.

Regarding adjusting various elements in that [glyph], I’ll address your helpful comments this week.

PS: Worth mentioning that this discussion of the adjutants serves nicely as a zoom into the first part of [this attempt ] to explore aspects of human mind. As a reminder, here are links to fig. 1 and fig. 2 from that presentation.

Thanks for your patience!

Nigel

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

Nigel Nunn wrote:  As mind ministers, are the seven adjutants “ministering to” a pre-existing system we can call human mind, or does their overlay and interplay quite literally create the personal utility we experience as human intellect (exploiting the neurobiochemistry fostered by the Life carriers)?

We are told that the mind of man is an individualized circuit of the cosmic mind as bestowed by the Creative Spirit (9:5.4).  Individualized means unique to a given individual, which I surmise is because of the presence of personality.   The adjutant mind spirits are not individualized circuits; they are ministers who work in liaison with the individualized circuit of cosmic mind (42:12.11).  That’s how I see it.

(1286.5, 117:5.7) “In the mortal experience the human intellect resides in the rhythmic pulsations of the adjutant mind-spirits and effects its decisions within the arena produced by encircuitment within this ministry.”

The human intellect, in order to reside IN the rhythmic pulsations, must be its own entity, otherwise the quote would say that the human mind IS the rhythmic pulsation of the adjutant mind spirits.  But the quote says “resides in” which means that it takes up residence within those circuits and uses that arena for decision making.  In order to take up residence IN these pulsating circuits, it must be a separate, or individualized entity apart from the circuit it resides in. (I reside in NJ but I am not NJ and NJ is not me.) Moreover, if the human mind IS the adjutants, how could it be weaned from them without ceasing to exist?

Nigel Nunn wrote:Regarding the relationship between our will, our soul, and our Adjuster, a better version of this glyph would depict the Adjuster simultaneously in at least two ways. First (from our experiential point of view) as a point of perfection within, and second, from Michael’s point of view, as (1226.13, 112:1.9) a subinfinite absolute penetration of the finite nature of an ascending Nebadon native.
    No wait!  Michael’s point of view toward our “finalized” personality would be the seventh totality dimension of subinfinite penetration of the absolute. In that case, there would be no distinction between Adjuster and mortal.  How can your glyph be representing that when the two are completely separate?  Not following at all . . . not making sense . ..  does not compute.
    Nigel Nunn wrote:  By psycho-somatic, here I mean simply “mind-body”.  So “7 variations on a psycho-somatic theme” is meant to imply 7 similar but distinct interfaces between adjutant urge and animal biology.

Well this concept denies the phenomena of overlapping ministries and overlapping cognition, the integrated functioning of both body and mind.  I do NOT believe there are distinct interfaces between adjutant and physical neuro-electrochemistry.  However, there is a differential in terms of power over the physical mechanism.  Some of the higher adjutants require a higher, or more specialized, physical function in order to exercise its power. And by power I mean sovereignty, or authority over physical function (mind over matter).

Nigel Nunn wrote: Regarding a “purely spiritual drive” turning a biochemical mechanism, I was thinking that while the adjutants are “mind ministers”, they themselves are (circuit-like) spiritual phenomena:

I’m not sure how circuit-like and spiritual phenomena are alike.  The adjutants are mind.  Mind responds to mind gravity of the Infinite Spirit.  Spirit is spirit, something different from mind.  Spirit responds to the spirit gravity of the Son.  I wouldn’t confound the two unless you want to make a conceptual mess.  Spirit and circuit are not the same thing . . . far as I can tell. The adjutants are mind circuits, not spirit circuits.  Although they partake alike of the NATURE of the Creative Spirit, they are not spirit; they are part of her consciousness (36:5.4) because they are mind circuits.  The nature of the Creative Spirit is like the nature of the Seventh Master Spirit, which is like the Supreme (16:1.2; 16:3.5; 16:3.7; 16:3.8; 16:3.19; 26:6.3; 116:4.2.

16:5.3 The Seven Master Spirits do not directly invade the material minds of the individual creatures on the evolutionary worlds of space. The mortals of Urantia do not experience the personal presence of the mind-spirit influence of the Master Spirit of Orvonton. If this Master Spirit does attain any sort of contact with the individual mortal mind during the earlier evolutionary ages of an inhabited world, it must occur through the ministry of the local universe Creative Spirit, the consort and associate of the Creator Son of God who presides over the destinies of each local creation. But this very Creative Mother Spirit is, in nature and character, quite like the Master Spirit of Orvonton.

25:2.4 Each of the seven supercreations is actually pervaded by that one of the Master Spirits who presides over its destinies. Each superuniverse thus becomes like a gigantic mirror reflecting the nature and character of the supervising Master Spirit, and all of this is further continued in every subsidiary local universe by the presence and function of the Creative Mother Spirits. The effect of such an environment upon evolutionary growth is so profound that in their postsuperuniverse careers the conciliators collectively manifest forty-nine experiential viewpoints, or insights, each angular — hence incomplete — but all mutually compensatory and together tending to encompass the circle of Supremacy.

(1405.4, 127:6.12) “He has very nearly mastered the technique of utilizing the energy of the spiritual drive to turn the mechanism of material achievement.”

This quote is about Jesus.  Mastering the technique of utilizing the energy of the spiritual drive is synonymous with the concept of utilizing the soul powers of the personality to dominate the material level.  Spirit over mind, mind over mater.  The quote is not talking about the adjutants as a spiritual drive.  Jesus’ spiritual drive came from his Adjuster and was made conscious in his soul, which he then applied to living.  This is exactly what the Spirit of Truth does in our minds today, the mind of Jesus . . .  the only mechanism for achievement on any level.

Regarding whether “amoebas, plants, animals and insects have psyches”, I have always imagined adjutant-animal interaction not really getting under way until mammals appeared.  In fact, I like to think of mammals literally as finger exercises by the Life Carriers for enabling and tuning adjutant animation.

But adjutant-animal interaction was well underway with the frogs, who gave rise to the amphibians, birds and other non-mammals.  If it wasn’t for the adjutants encouraging evolution of the frog, mammals would never have surfaced from the brine.  I would say that the fourth adjutant started functioning with the appearance of the mammals and the presence of even higher mammals brought the last of the lower five adjutants, the spirit of counsel.  That means that the other three adjutants were present long before mammals appeared. (62:6.3)  The sixth and seventh appeared with the arrival of personality and self-consciousness.

Nigel Nunn
    Participant

Hi Bonita,

Thanks for your helpful comments!

Regarding what the Life Carriers fostered, and what the adjutants provide, what do you make of that paragraph you pointed us to:

(483.11, 42:12.11) “The liaison of the cosmic mind and the ministry of the adjutant mind-spirits evolve a suitable physical tabernacle for the evolving human being.”

Here are some more thoughts. Paper 65:7 states that,

(738.6, 65:7.3) “The seven adjutant spirits are more circuitlike than entitylike, … “

If, as you point out, our mind is a system distinct from the 7 adjutants, should we think of the adjutant circuits literally as “mind” in some sense, or as a spiritual ministry “to our mind”?  In your reply above, you suggest the former, but I’m still pondering relationships:  how do those 7 distinct adjutant urges actually and factually impinge on our mind arena of choice?

Also, getting down to the nitty gritty, how does mind (actually and factually) connect up with what the Life Carriers evolved?  I think we can assume human mind is accommodated by and overlaid onto whatever structures the Life Carriers fostered.  But given that our intellect resides in those “rhythmic pulsations”, what relationship does this “intellect” and those “pulsations” have with our consciousness, resting “gently upon the electrochemical mechanism below…” (1216.6, 111:1.5) ?

Regarding how to depict an Adjuster in a glyph, you wrote:

[B:] “No wait! Michael’s point of view toward our “finalized” personality…”

Sorry to confuse. I was talking about Michael’s objective view of the “subinfinite absolute Adjuster who has penetrated Nebadon airspace” vs. our personal experience of this internal point of perfection.

more soon!

Nigel

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

I was talking about Michael’s objective view of the “subinfinite absolute Adjuster who has penetrated Nebadon airspace”

This statement is meaningless to me.  The Adjusters are not subinfinite absolute; they are qualified absolute and existentially infinite.  Penetrating airspace??  You mean like a UFO?  Are we getting back to the Borg thing here?

107:0.6 The Adjuster is an absolute essence of an infinite being imprisoned within the mind of a finite creature which,  . . .

107:1.4 . . . like God himself, these fragments of his unfathomable nature may be existentially infinite.

107:4.2  The actual source of the Adjuster must be infinite, and before fusion with the immortal soul of an evolving mortal, the reality of the Adjuster must border on absoluteness. Adjusters are not absolutes in the universal sense, in the Deity sense, but they are probably true absolutes within the potentialities of their fragmented nature. They are qualified as to universality but not as to nature; in extensiveness they are limited, but in intensiveness of meaning, value, and fact they are absolute. For this reason we sometimes denominate the divine gifts as the qualified absolute fragments of the Father.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

If, as you point out, our mind is a system distinct from the 7 adjutants, should we think of the adjutant circuits literally as “mind” in some sense, or as a spiritual ministry “to our mind”?

The adjutants are part the cosmic mind and a level of the consciousness of the Creative Spirit.  They belong to the Creative Spirit, not to us.  We borrow them, use them and then leave them behind.  The adjutants, as a level of Deity consciousness, ministers to, contacts with, assists, prods, motivates and entices individual mortal mind.  The ministry is mindal, NOT spiritual.  Spiritual ministry is from the SON.

how do those 7 distinct adjutant urges actually and factually impinge on our mind arena of choice?

I think the text is rather clear on that.  The adjutants make contact with the physical system.  Adjutant ONE contacts nonteachable parts of the brain, that part which is responsible for primitive reflex reactions that do not require higher mind function.  Those reflexes are at the level of the spinal cord, brain stem and perhaps cerebellum.  Obviously, Adjutant TWO, the coordinator of automatic idea association, must make contact with the CNS above the spinal cord since ideas and knowledge involve the cortex.  Adjutant THREE makes contact with character, therefore it must also involve the cortex and the limbic system.  Adjutant FOUR supplies the urge to coordinate experience for growth.  Because it has to do with learning, memory and language, the temporal lobe would be in contact with it.  Adjutant FIVE is a social urge which would be the frontal lobe.

Nigel Nunn
    Participant

Bonita wrote:

[B:]  “I think the text is rather clear on that. The adjutants make contact with the physical system. Adjutant ONE contacts nonteachable parts of the brain, that part which is responsible for primitive reflex reactions that do not require higher mind function. Those reflexes are at the level of the spinal cord, brain stem and perhaps cerebellum. Obviously, Adjutant TWO, the coordinator of automatic idea association, must make contact with the CNS above the spinal cord since ideas and knowledge involve the cortex. Adjutant THREE makes contact with character, therefore it must also involve the cortex and the limbic system. Adjutant FOUR supplies the urge to coordinate experience for growth. Because it has to do with learning, memory and language, the temporal lobe would be in contact with it. Adjutant FIVE is a social urge which would be the frontal lobe.”

Thanks Bonita, that’s as good as any description I’ve heard about what the adjutants are interacting with.  So getting back to my question:  how do they actually do this?  What subtle system could serve as interface between the activity of these “circuitlike” (738.6, 65:7.3) spirits and the animals subject to their urge?

PS: when I referred to the way Jesus learned to use the energy of a spiritual drive to turn material mechanism,

I had in mind the way the adjutants serve like practice for this technique.  Think what it means for the Spirit of Courage to turn a youth to face fear head on;  for the Spirit of Counsel to foster feelings of fellowship;  for the Spirit of Knowledge to trigger insatiable curiosity…

It struck me that by responding to the adjutants in the way intended, we are learning (by taking small steps) how to use the energy of non-material ministry to drive our material mechanism.  What do you think?

Nigel

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

So getting back to my question:  how do they actually do this?  What subtle system could serve as interface between the activity of these “circuitlike” (738.6, 65:7.3) spirits and the animals subject to their urge?

The interface is between mind ministry and the energy of the electrochemical substrate of the CNS on which it gently rests.  We know a lot about neurological electrochemistry, but we know very little about mind, except that it responds to mind gravity.  We do know that mind is that which provides consciousness (including sub and super-consciousness) to the physical energy system. We also know that the particular pattern of mind configures its activity.  When mind and electrochemical energy interact, there must be some level of physical energy conforming to the original mind pattern.

65:7.6 They are the source and pattern for the otherwise more or less mysterious behavior and incompletely understood quick reactions of mind to the material environment.

What I need to know is if  you are asking about how mind affects physical energy on the electrochemical level: or, are you asking about the effects of this action in terms of attentiveness, cognition, consciousness and resulting behavior?  I’m not sure which direction to take this. I don’t want to spend hours writing this up if doesn’t really answer your question. So let me know precisely what direction you want this discussion to go.

It struck me that by responding to the adjutants in the way intended, we are learning (by taking small steps) how to use the energy of non-material ministry to drive our material mechanism.  What do you think?

By non-material do you mean mind or spirit?  Not sure what you are referring to here.  We are dual minded personalities, which makes things interesting.  Yes, I think that most of what we accomplish in regards to transference of dominance is by small steps, although we are told that occasionally large steps can occur in certain psychic environments. Generally, this evolution is unconscious though, despite moments of remarkable clarity or revelation of the Original Pattern.

Viewing 14 posts - 136 through 149 (of 149 total)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.