Undying Hope

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 112 total)
  • Author
    Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

What is the source of all our insecurities and uncertainties during our mortal lives?

It’s a real shame more people aren’t interested in this topic.  There’s so much to discuss.  As I see it, the source of most insecurities and uncertainties boil down to immaturity and imperfection.  All of us must pass through uncertainties as we shift our identity from the transient and fluctuating material world to the more stable and reliable spiritual reality indwelling our souls.

159:3.7 Forewarn all believers regarding the fringe of conflict which must be traversed by all who pass from the life as it is lived in the flesh to the higher life as it is lived in the spirit. To those who live quite wholly within either realm, there is little conflict or confusion, but all are doomed to experience more or less uncertainty during the times of transition between the two levels of living. In entering the kingdom, you cannot escape its responsibilities or avoid its obligations, but remember: The gospel yoke is easy and the burden of truth is light.

André
    André
    Participant

Perfection processus. #28154

As I see it, the source of most insecurities and uncertainties boil down to immaturity and imperfection.  #28221

I’m doing an outloud reflection here.

Imperfection domain (cause) contains unpreventable facts. i.e. insecurities, uncertainties, immaturity, ignorance.

All those “facts” are the fonding of Kingdom of men. Must be consequences in mind from the Adjutant Mind-Spirits ministrie. Till a better responding impulse from and with T/A.

When mens answered God’s will, they begin from fonding animal/men humbliest reality to ascending an expansion of their a/m mind state. An everlasting unfolding God consciencious.

In this processus, temporary scaffold give place to an actualization, updating of Reality.

André

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

I agree André.  The adjutants definitely urge the human mind in the direction of the superhuman mind.  Fear is an early adjutant reaction to uncertainty, yet fear is what made it possible for humans to revere, then to worship. On the superhuman level man learns to change his fear to trust in the face of uncertainty.  Uncertainty doesn’t go away, but the way we deal with uncertainty changes with maturity, which is an increasingly perfected attitude toward reality.

Gene
    Participant

As opposed to thinking about the source of uncertainty, what about the source of hope?? Also, what is it that we hope for??

From paper 101:3 Your deepest nature—the divine Adjuster—creates within you a hunger and thirst for righteousness, a certain craving for divine perfection. Religion is the faith act of the recognition of this inner urge to divine attainment; and thus is brought about that soul trust and assurance of which you become conscious as the way of salvation, the technique of the survival of personality and all those values which you have come to look upon as being true and good.

isnt this the basis of our hope for personality survival?

isnt this the most basic revelation that gives us hope for personality survival?

isnt it curious how relatively simple it is for the Adjuster to impress this hunger and thirst within us while considering the difficulties the book talks about that the adjuster has with getting through to us?? it appears that most of humanity feels this urge without a problem.

Mara
    Mara
    Participant

. . . about the source of uncertainty, what about the source of hope?

Something you said made me think of the word *overcoming*which led me to this one about hope.

4:4.9  The consciousness of a victorious human life on earth is born of that creature faith which dares to challenge each recurring episode of existence when confronted with the awful spectacle of human limitations, by the unfailing declaration: Even if I cannot do this, there lives in me one who can and will do it, a part of the Father-Absolute of the universe of universes. And that is “the victory which overcomes the world, even your faith.”
    Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

A wonderful topic and so many good posts and points related thereto.  To take the ‘trust’ point further, I would submit that whatever its source (and many good quotes and opinions here on that), undying hope leads to striving – the expression of our own efforts to realize hope’s promise.  I think striving, or to strive, is the expression of faith.  Faith is an action.  Faith + trust is to strive.  It is in the striving that we face uncertainty-in-the-moments of choice but with confidence in ultimate outcomes for all choices/decisions made by faith and trust.

key word search for “strive”:

https://urantia-association.org/search/?zoom_sort=2&zoom_query=strive&zoom_per_page=50&zoom_and=0&zoom_cat%5B%5D=-1

key word search for “striving”:

https://urantia-association.org/search/?zoom_sort=2&zoom_query=striving&zoom_per_page=50&zoom_and=0&zoom_cat%5B%5D=-1

Me:  Uncertainty and disappointment are more easily faced with hope, trust, and faith in that and whom are greater than ourselves.

16:7.5 [Part I]
    When man fails to discriminate the ends of his mortal striving, he finds himself functioning on the animal level of existence. He has failed to avail himself of the superior advantages of that material acumen, moral discrimination, and spiritual insight which are an integral part of his cosmic-mind endowment as a personal being.

Me:  The striving for perfection is an inherent universe reality that appears to go even beyond personality, although personality is required to appreciate, focus, and integrate this yearning and striving into experience and wisdom.

65:6.2 [Part III]
    There is original endowment of adaptation in living things and beings. In every living plant or animal cell, in every living organism — material or spiritual — there is an insatiable craving for the attainment of ever-increasing perfection of environmental adjustment, organismal adaptation, and augmented life realization. These interminable efforts of all living things evidence the existence within them of an innate striving for perfection.

Me:  Isn’t hope a personal reflection of ideals?   Don’t we hope FOR something that we believe ourselves and others are currently lacking or needing to achieve some form of ideal?  Can one hope without ideals to lead such hope into prayer, motivation, purpose, intention, priority, and strategy in our philosophy for our daily walk?

103:5.7 [Part III]
    The pursuit of the ideal — the striving to be Godlike — is a continuous effort before death and after. The life after death is no different in the essentials than the mortal existence. Everything we do in this life which is good contributes directly to the enhancement of the future life. Real religion does not foster moral indolence and spiritual laziness by encouraging the vain hope of having all the virtues of a noble character bestowed upon one as a result of passing through the portals of natural death. True religion does not belittle man’s efforts to progress during the mortal lease on life. Every mortal gain is a direct contribution to the enrichment of the first stages of the immortal survival experience.

Me:  I wonder if trust and hope and faith demonstrate a humility – of one’s smallness and youthfulness and dependence in regard to the whole and God within?

137:8.8 [Part IV]
    “Those who first seek to enter the kingdom, thus beginning to strive for a nobility of character like that of my Father, shall presently possess all else that is needful. But I say to you in all sincerity: Unless you seek entrance into the kingdom with the faith and trusting dependence of a little child, you shall in no wise gain admission.

Thanks everyone!!   :-)

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

As opposed to thinking about the source of uncertainty, what about the source of hope?? Also, what is it that we hope for??

I thought we covered this with the quote which states that the Thought Adjuster is the source of undying hope imprisoned in our minds?

108:6.7 The Monitors are the prisoners of undying hope, the founts of everlasting progression.

Doesn’t every sane person hope for meaningful life that survives into eternity?  Aren’t the Adjusters the source of meaning and value, and also the source of our eternal identity?

5.6.7  The material self has personality and identity, temporal identity; the prepersonal spirit Adjuster also has identity, eternal identity. This material personality and this spirit prepersonality are capable of so uniting their creative attributes as to bring into existence the surviving identity of the immortal soul.

196:3.14 Human survival is in great measure dependent on consecrating the human will to the choosing of those values selected by this spirit-value sorter — the indwelling interpreter and unifier.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

Me:  Isn’t hope a personal reflection of ideals?   Don’t we hope FOR something that we believe ourselves and others are currently lacking or needing to achieve some form of ideal?  Can one hope without ideals to lead such hope into prayer, motivation, purpose, intention, priority, and strategy in our philosophy for our daily walk?

Interesting! Without ideals, isn’t hoping really just wishing? Hope is lead by a higher compass than mere wishing, I would think.  Yet even with those higher ideals driving our hopes, without making actual decisions to move ourselves in their direction, it all falls back to wishful thinking or dreaming.  I think that’s why they say faith is the inspiration of the spiritized creative imagination.  Hope is linked to faith, and faith which relies on inspiration from a source higher than just day dreaming (wishing).

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

Yes Bonita….very interesting.  Funny how concepts of truth link one to another in a chain of consideration and reflection!

You say “…faith is the inspiration of…..”.  YEA!!

Undying hope should lead to faith and hope and ideals worthy of striving for and toward, and those deliver inspiration….motivation, intention, direction, purpose, objectives!  All fed in an endless but growing-in-power feedback loop of energy and results and experience and wisdom!  Such hope is endlessly rewarded and reinforced.

key word search for “inspire”:

https://urantia-association.org/search/?zoom_sort=2&zoom_query=inspire&zoom_per_page=100&zoom_and=0&zoom_cat%5B%5D=-1

key word search for “inspired”:

https://urantia-association.org/search/?zoom_sort=2&zoom_query=inspired&zoom_per_page=100&zoom_and=0&zoom_cat%5B%5D=-1

“inspires”:

https://urantia-association.org/search/?zoom_sort=2&zoom_query=inspires&zoom_per_page=100&zoom_and=0&zoom_cat%5B%5D=-1

99:7.3 [Part III]
    Religion inspires man to live courageously and joyfully on the face of the earth; it joins patience with passion, insight to zeal, sympathy with power, and ideals with energy.

Gene
    Participant

I thought we covered this with the quote which states that the Thought Adjuster is the source of undying hope imprisoned in our minds?

108:6.7 The Monitors are the prisoners of undying hope, the founts of everlasting progression.

Doesn’t every sane person hope for meaningful life that survives into eternity? Aren’t the Adjusters the source of meaning and value, and also the source of our eternal identity?

yes we did and redundancy was not intended

what grabbed my attention is how easily it appears for the Adjuster to impress our minds with that thirst for righteousness which leads to hope for survival among other rewarding feedback.

the urge to find God is so fundamental to most of humanity.

other Adjuster mind impressions are apparently not so ubiquitous and easy to respond to

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

the urge to find God is so fundamental to most of humanity. other Adjuster mind impressions are apparently not so ubiquitous and easy to respond to

I would think that the basic urge to find God, which comes from the Adjuster himself, can also be called hope.  Think about it . . . God is living in our heads, he has found us, and because he has found us we’re all atwitter with hope to find him too.  That feeling of hope is because somewhere inside of us (the soul) there is a consciousness of his actual presence. Our meager little material minds keep hoping to cut through its dense fog in order to see him better.  But to do so requires a willingness to accept the existence of the soul which feels the divine presence, that higher consciousness which is capable of eternal existence in the direct company of God.

God’s presence is so powerful, it naturally leaves an impression on consciousness, but material intellect has no idea what to do with it, for the most part.  That’s the zone of uncertainty where some folks, maybe most folks, get tangled up and confused.  There’s little to go on in the dense fog until you find that light . . . that glorious light  . . . which may come and go, but does give you hope . . .  hope you might find it again; hope for the moment you can hold onto it and never let it go.

That’s when you realize you’re looking and hoping for a person, not just an idea, and persons relate to one another best through trust.  The best relationships are based on trust. At first it’s mostly faith, then when you finally grab that light and hold on, when you reach that first jubilee of intention, it becomes mostly trust from thereout . . . still faith, but now it’s a real personal relationship with the Adjuster and trust is paramount.  And . . . as you move higher in the psychic circles, the fog begins to clear, the light shines ever brighter, the joy ever greater . . . and still there’s hope, because the adventure never ends.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

Undying hope should lead to faith and hope and ideals worthy of striving for and toward, and those deliver inspiration….motivation, intention, direction, purpose, objectives!  All fed in an endless but growing-in-power feedback loop of energy and results and experience and wisdom!  Such hope is endlessly rewarded and reinforced.

Isn’t that what the ministry of grace is all about?  You know, that which so few of us draw upon as part of our personality credits?

(53.6) 3:6.8 God the Father loves men; God the Son serves men; God the Spirit inspires the children of the universe to the ever-ascending adventure of finding God the Father by the ways ordained by God the Sons through the ministry of the grace of God the Spirit.

Gene
    Participant

the urge to find God is so fundamental to most of humanity. other Adjuster mind impressions are apparently not so ubiquitous and easy to respond to

I would think that the basic urge to find God, which comes from the Adjuster himself, can also be called hope. Think about it . . . God is living in our heads, he has found us, and because he has found us we’re all atwitter with hope to find him too. That feeling of hope is because somewhere inside of us (the soul) there is a consciousness of his actual presence. Our meager little material minds keep hoping to cut through its dense fog in order to see him better. But to do so requires a willingness to accept the existence of the soul which feels the divine presence, that higher consciousness which is capable of eternal existence in the direct company of God. God’s presence is so powerful, it naturally leaves an impression on consciousness, but material intellect has no idea what to do with it, for the most part. That’s the zone of uncertainty where some folks, maybe most folks, get tangled up and confused. There’s little to go on in the dense fog until you find that light . . . that glorious light . . . which may come and go, but does give you hope . . . hope you might find it again; hope for the moment you can hold onto it and never let it go. That’s when you realize you’re looking and hoping for a person, not just an idea, and persons relate to one another best through trust. The best relationships are based on trust. At first it’s mostly faith, then when you finally grab that light and hold on, when you reach that first jubilee of intention, it becomes mostly trust from thereout . . . still faith, but now it’s a real personal relationship with the Adjuster and trust is paramount. And . . . as you move higher in the psychic circles, the fog begins to clear, the light shines ever brighter, the joy ever greater . . . and still there’s hope, because the adventure never ends.

and the human Jesus demonstrated the possibilities for us in regard to more direct communication with our adjusters.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

and the human Jesus demonstrated the possibilities for us in regard to more direct communication with our adjusters.

He not only showed us the possibilities, he showed us how to get the job done.  Then, in case that wasn’t enough, he sent the spirit of himself and his Father to live in our souls.  This is HUGE!  The Adjuster is a pre-personality and as such it is hard for the foggy material mind to make LIGHT of it.  I say IT, because that’s what God’s light seems like without a personality to relate to.  Jesus’ presence as a personality in our minds makes the light personal.  Not just any old generalized personal, but personal in the way that God relates to each individual person, one-at-a-time.  It’s the one-at-a-time thing that’s so HUGE.  That’s the face-to-face thing we all crave!

In a way, it’s Jesus who makes it possible to have direct communication with the Adjuster.  How many times did he say that if we live in him and his words live in us that we will be able to commune freely with him?(180:2.1)  We live in him and the Word (and its meanings) lives in us.  I can’t tell you how HUGE that is! The mind of Jesus is right there within a tiny faith-leap of trust.  We already know the guy intimately, why not live with him and IN him?  It’s a no-brainer.  He’s in the soul . . . no brain necessary (said tongue-in-cheek).  All we have to do is talk to him, beginning with that alter-ego approach we’ve been told about. Communicating eventually becomes the norm, the continuous fruitful connection to the vine becomes the only way of living, the WAY that makes sense, that makes joy, that is stable, that is filled with hope and bursting with love.  HUGE!  Can’t tell you how HUGE! And you don’t have to be a first-circler to do it either; a caveman can do it.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

How has religion historically addressed this struggle between human desires and uncertainty, and faith in the unseen God?

Primitive thinking portrayed God as the great punisher, which gave rise to the doctrine of original sin. We’re still suffering from this myth. Apparently we don’t get what we want because we don’t deserve it.  Therefore, it’s best not to want anything and to suffer whatever comes. It’s a negative way to look at life, I think.  It’s definitely not positive. Hope is positive which gives it the advantage.  If organized religion is to succeed, I would think it should fill folks with hope.

(1125.2) 102:6.7 Belief may not be able to resist doubt and withstand fear, but faith is always triumphant over doubting, for faith is both positive and living. The positive always has the advantage over the negative, truth over error, experience over theory, spiritual realities over the isolated facts of time and space.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 112 total)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.