Undying Hope

Viewing 7 posts - 106 through 112 (of 112 total)
  • Author
    Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

I always thought these inclinations were adjutant mind-spirit derived, and as well, the individual might be tapping into prior experience of a similar situation that resulted afterwords in the recognition of a misjudgement or error on the part of the individual, as VanAmadon suggested.

So what’s the difference between wisdom and Adjuster attunement?  Is there a difference?

Mara
    Mara
    Participant

So what’s the difference between wisdom and Adjuster attunement?  Is there a difference?

I do think there is a difference.  The first difference is source.  And the second difference is purpose.  (I used the word *purpose* but maybe that’s not the right word.)

Going right back to the source, the possibility of gaining wisdom occurs via the Infinite Spirit the bestower of mind. ( 9:5.2 )  No mind, no wisdom.  Interesting that the 6th and 7th adjutants have to function to get a TA bestowal.  The source of the person’s TA is the First Father and this TA functions within the human mind.  No functioning 7th adjutant, no TA.  Wisdom is an aquirement.  More experience, more wisdom.  Wisdom alone will not get you far in terms of personality survival.

Here are several complementary references.

5:3.5   When you deal with the practical affairs of your daily life, you are in the hands of the spirit personalities having origin in the Third Source and Center; you are co-operating with the agencies of the Conjoint Actor. And so it is: You worship God; pray to, and commune with, the Son; and work out the details of your earthly sojourn in connection with the intelligences of the Infinite Spirit operating on your world and throughout your universe.

110:1.4  Adjusters are interested in, and concerned with, your daily doings and the manifold details of your life just to the extent that these are influential in the determination of your significant temporal choices and vital spiritual decisions and, hence, are factors in the solution of your problem of soul survival and eternal progress. The Adjuster, while passive regarding purely temporal welfare, is divinely active concerning all the affairs of your eternal future.
    Regarding purpose, the TA is the will of God in the human mind or intellect.  We are to cooperate with, not resist, the will of God.  The TA is the parent of the real you, the you that is Paradise-bound.
    108:6.6   . . . so is the Adjuster the divine parent of the real you, your higher and advancing self, your better morontial and future spiritual self. And it is this evolving morontial soul that the judges and censors discern when they decree your survival and pass you upward to new worlds and never-ending existence in eternal liaison with your faithful partner — God, the Adjuster.
    The purpose of the Infinite Spirit? In terms of wisdom, I think the ministrations of the God of Action help mortals bring expression to their best thought-plans.  We get wisdom through experience ourselves and also by observing others.  I think wisdom and insight are related.  We will get improved versions of mind as we head to Paradise.
    105:3.5   4. The Third Source and Center. Third Person of Deity, the Conjoint Actor; infinite integrator of Paradise cosmic energies with the spirit energies of the Eternal Son; perfect co-ordinator of the motives of will and the mechanics of force; unifier of all actual and actualizing reality. Through the ministrations of his manifold children the Infinite Spirit reveals the mercy of the Eternal Son while at the same time functioning as the infinite manipulator, forever weaving the pattern of Paradise into the energies of space. This selfsame Conjoint Actor, this God of Action, is the perfect expression of the limitless plans and purposes of the Father-Son while functioning himself as the source of mind and the bestower of intellect upon the creatures of a far-flung cosmos.
    Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

Do you recall the three reality reflexes of the cosmic mind?  One is about facts on the material level, the second is about wisdom and the third is spiritual insight.  All three have to work together and in balance.  Wisdom is in the middle, and it ties together the facts of material existence with the truth of spiritual existence.  Wisdom is defined as knowledge directed by experiential reason and illuminated by divine revelation (92:2.1), which I presume can be either personal or epochal, but probably, in this case, mostly personal. So it seems that wisdom does have a role in divinity attunement.  I think it directionalizes the mind.  That’s why I call the spirits of worship and wisdom the gateway  to the soul.  I don’t think wisdom and attunement are the same thing, but they apparently work together.

Mara
    Mara
    Participant

Wisdom is in the middle, and it ties together the facts of material existence with the truth of spiritual existence.  Wisdom is defined as knowledge directed by experiential reason and illuminated by divine revelation (92:2.1). . . .

Isn’t the *tying* all about understanding? Or comprehension? Isn’t it all about meaning? The mediation of mind where spirit struggles for mastery? ( 116:6.1 )  Don’t they say it is through mind that we live or die?

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

Isn’t the *tying* all about understanding? Or comprehension?

Isn’t the goal to unify those three levels of reality in experience by the technique of personal revelation? by personality realization?  Understanding and comprehension have to do with mind, but mind is the go-between.  The goal is to coordinate the three levels of reality then unify them with personality.  Is personal revelation a type of understanding or comprehension? I think it’s more.  I think it’s experiential, meaning it involves the whole self: mind, body, soul (spirit) and personality.

p1219:7  111:4.1 Recognition is the intellectual process of fitting the sensory impressions received from the external world into the memory patterns of the individual. Understanding connotes that these recognized sensory impressions and their associated memory patterns have become integrated or organized into a dynamic network of principles.

p1220:1  111:4.2 Meanings are derived from a combination of recognition and understanding. Meanings are nonexistent in a wholly sensory or material world. Meanings and values are only perceived in the inner or supermaterial spheres of human experience.

Isn’t it all about meaning?

I think it’s more than meaning.  I think it’s about both meanings and values.  Values are in the soul, not the material mind.

p1219:4  111:3.5 The mortal career, the soul’s evolution, is not so much a probation as an education. Faith in the survival of supreme values is the core of religion; genuine religious experience consists in the union of supreme values and cosmic meanings as a realization of universal reality.

Mara
    Mara
    Participant

I think it’s more than meaning.

I think it is more than meaning too. I was thinking in terms of fact, meaning and value where in that particular triad, meanings-comprehensions-understandings are grasped by one’s mind.  It’s where you say, “Oh, I get that!” or, “That makes sense to me.”

3:5.16   [. . .]  Mortal man earns even his status as an ascension candidate by his own faith and hope. Everything divine which the human mind grasps and the human soul acquires is an experiential attainment; it is a reality of personal experience and is therefore a unique possession in contrast to the inherent goodness and righteousness of the inerrant personalities of Havona.

It is by mind that we live or die.

111:1.4   [. . .] But into your hands, subject to your own decisions, has been given mind, and it is by mind that you live or die. It is within this mind and with this mind that you make those moral decisions which enable you to achieve Adjusterlikeness, and that is Godlikeness.

. . , which reminds me of this one. . .

155:6.13  [. . .] While the mind is not the seat of the spiritual nature, it is indeed the gateway thereto.

I feel like I live in my mind.  I’m not conscious of anything else.  When I read the words *soul-consciousness* for example, I think, “Well, that sounds pretty cool!” but I do not really know what soul-consciousness is because I cannot separate it from that of which I am conscious.  And for me, this is where faith and hope come into my picture. . . .

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

When I read the words *soul-consciousness* for example, I think, “Well, that sounds pretty cool!”

It is cool, and I’m sure you are conscious of your soul, which is half of what soul-consciousness is about.  If you’re aware of the presence of God in your mind, then you are conscious of your soul.  It’s not mystical or magical.  If you worship, then you have soul-consciousness.

Viewing 7 posts - 106 through 112 (of 112 total)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.