Ugly Bags of Mostly Water

Home Forums Urantia Book General Discussions Ugly Bags of Mostly Water

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant
    Bradly wrote:  Bonita – I have no idea why anyone would report your last post as inappropriate.

It’s because I made mention of the troll.  So I’ll mention him again.  So glad he’s gone.  So very, very, very glad.  And thank you again Moderator 2 for making sure that he doesn’t show up under a pseudonym to start trolling again.  I truly am grateful.  From my heart.   Great job!

Ramblon
    Participant

Bonita

I chose “General Topics” because I do not really want to get to involved. I do not want to spend time looking for posts  The connection that brought me here was a recent “Google” in regards to Jesus not intending to start an new Church. That was enough for me to have a look at your forum. It is yours and you can do as you please. Edit posts, ban memberships, whatever. If you want to make decisions in regards to appropriate locations for posts, then I guess I am out, We all have lives to attend to anyway. If this becomes work rather than a place to exchange personal revelations then I will save my old fingers for other matters.

The “assigned values” (IMO) here include Characters as do all belief systems. If humans do not see a God, they will always invent one. Every culture in every time has done this. God either blesses them, ignores them, or punishes them. The requirement for Blood sacrifice even found it’s way into the Bible.

I am in no way trying to discredit the Urantia Book. Most certainly there would be a structure of Entities between us and the infinite. At this time, I am the center of my universe. You are a part of it. Everyone here is a part of it. It may be a short encounter, I don’t know.

I am 65 years of age and I spent at least 40 years getting to this point. Is there more for me. Maybe.

If I preached at all, I would have to follow the Christian format. I am not a hypocrite, so I cannot do that. Still, if there heart is good, any religious group will serve the followers well.

I am tired. The world doesn’t need saving. It is and will continue to unfold no matter what human beliefs we choose to follow.  I have lived alone since leaving the US Army, but I am never alone.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant
    Ramblon wrote: God either blesses them, ignores them, or punishes them.

I know you’re talking about religions, but religions are made up of religionists. I don’t think God ignores anyone or their thoughts, and I’m positive he never punishes anyone for their religious beliefs.  God is love.  He cannot ignore anyone or anything.  He’s all in.  He goes the distance for every single personality.  Every personality is cherished and valuable.  And we know that he works nonstop to adjuster erroneous thinking, which is why he lives in our heads. In fact, part of our mansion world experience is to help us get rid of the bad habit of ignoring things and people, which is the same as procrastination and reality avoidance.  It’s something humans do, but God does not do.

12:7.9 The love of the Father absolutely individualizes each personality as a unique child of the Universal Father, a child without duplicate in infinity, a will creature irreplaceable in all eternity. The Father’s love glorifies each child of God, illuminating each member of the celestial family, sharply silhouetting the unique nature of each personal being against the impersonal levels that lie outside the fraternal circuit of the Father of all. The love of God strikingly portrays the transcendent value of each will creature, unmistakably reveals the high value which the Universal Father has placed upon each and every one of his children from the highest creator personality of Paradise status to the lowest personality of will dignity among the savage tribes of men in the dawn of the human species on some evolutionary world of time and space.

117:7.2 May I admonish you to heed the distant echo of the Adjuster’s faithful call to your soul? The indwelling Adjuster cannot stop or even materially alter your career struggle of time; the Adjuster cannot lessen the hardships of life as you journey on through this world of toil. The divine indweller can only patiently forbear while you fight the battle of life as it is lived on your planet; but you could, if you only would — as you work and worry, as you fight and toil — permit the valiant Adjuster to fight with you and for you. You could be so comforted and inspired, so enthralled and intrigued, if you would only allow the Adjuster constantly to bring forth the pictures of the real motive, the final aim, and the eternal purpose of all this difficult, uphill struggle with the commonplace problems of your present material world.

Ramblon
    Participant

Early on, someone wrote that “your claim belittles and besmerches the revelation of the Urantia an he relevators. IMO

I could have come back with just the opposite. There are thousands of theologions that see reality other ways.

It really doesn’t matter. We are human animals. In many cases, fearful ones at that. Fear of death, fear of not being loved, fear of illness. Like thay say, “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. When lonely humans feel that no one cares, they are “prey” for he Church that comforts them. Unfortunately, we have so many false prophets. Still, some truely believe what they preach and show true love. I read a little more each day of the Urantia Book. To me, it follows a pattern found in many revelations. Most certainly, God would use a “chain of  command, rather than micro manage the universe. We find that in dozens of belief systems, just not so specific.

It is in the first book of the Bible that states that everything is good and finished. This did precede the creation of the first human being.

Few people get into the details of Religions. I have. Many of them (and not just reading),

Compared to more advanced beings, we are ignorant. Creatng a Hiarchy of beings in detail is not what will enlighten anyone. They can if  be happy and perhaps ignorant, so what!

“I sing because I’m happy,

I sing because I’m free,

For His Eye is on the sparrow,

Ann I know He Watches Me.”

Nigel Nunn
    Participant

Hi Ramblon – keep in mind, at least two things are involved here:  individual personality assurance, and communal planetary progress.  The plot thickens when we engage both  :good:

Ramblon
    Participant

Nigel

“Salvation from intellectual bondage”.

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

Ramblon say above:  “Early on, someone wrote that “your claim belittles and besmerches the revelation of the Urantia an he relevators.”

Me here:  That was me Ramblon and I regret the words posted.  None may belittle or besmirch what one has not even read nor by any disagreement with what is read.  My bad.  While I went on to say that none here requires or requests that  any student of the UB also believes its claims, the above certainly contradicts that sentiment.

I hope your reading will continue and that you find much within the text that confirms prior convictions of truth.  I hope that those teachings which may conflict with preconception bring illumination to your path.  It may interest you to know that the disagreements between theologians is one of the reasons cited by the UB for its presentations of the facts regarding universe reality to help reduce such confusions and errors based on the lack of such facts as given.  While the hierarchy elements are important, I always found the middle of the book the most interesting to me – the Papers on religion.  Here we learn of the spirit and mind circuitry we are each connected to and are given instruction on the dual nature of mortals and how to live with these two realities by harmonization techniques I have found to be very helpful and fruitful over the decades.

The UB claims that fear and prejudice (the love of and loyalty to one’s own opinions and perspective and importance) are powerful mind poisons which offer great obstacles to spirit progress and the transfer of the seat of our identity.   Those who can transcend their prejudices in favor of truth discovery find great inspiration and guidance in the Papers.  The view of the universe of universes is exponentially expanded in scale and volume and activity with a very specific emphasis on the progressive ascension of all experiential beings in time and space.  What an adventure!

Apologies again for the inappropriate and false accusation.  The truth never suffers from serious examination.   = )

Anonymous
    Inactive

It may interest you to know that the disagreements between theologians is one of the reasons cited by the UB for its presentations of the facts regarding universe reality to help reduce such confusions and errors based on the lack of such facts as given.

Bradly, your statement above seems a little confusing in more than one way, I’m not sure of your meaning “the facts regarding universe reality” in that are you indicating that what has been presented regarding the reality of the universe, outside of the reality which we assume is present on Urantia, can be verified as “fact”, based only on its presentation in the UB?  Then to say “based on the lack of such facts as given”, where, are you indicating that “the lack of such facts” are from the UB’s presentation, or a reference back to “the disagreements between theologians”?  Can you clarify your statement so that is is a little less confusing?

The UB claims that fear and prejudice (the love of and loyalty to one’s own opinions and perspective and importance) are powerful mind poisons which offer great obstacles to spirit progress and the transfer of the seat of our identity.

Also, are you defining “that fear and prejudice” can be associated to the ego, and how does “love of” or “loyalty” have anything to do with “one’s own opinions” if that opinion is based on an understanding of what might be retained from reading the UB, or “perspective and importance” as referred back to the love of oneself, which is generally implied as I read it, when directed to opinion or loyalty of self?  Can you provide the UB text where you believe that it describes what you presented, because I’m not sure that I understand it this way?

Those who can transcend their prejudices in favor of truth discovery find great inspiration and guidance in the Papers. The view of the universe of universes is exponentially expanded in scale and volume and activity with a very specific emphasis on the progressive ascension of all experiential beings in time and space. What an adventure!

I think I understand what you are saying here, but again when you say “The view of the universes of universes is exponentially expanded in scale and volume”, which would seem to not be likely depending on everyone’s intake of the information presented within the UB, or like saying that infinity can be viewed?  Then when you indicate “the progressive ascension of all experiential beings” would, by my understanding be opinion and/or loyalty, to what the UB has presented in text, yet not verifiable until after death?  This I can understand as faith or belief in what is written in the UB, but as fact, can only be understood as opinion until proved?

Ramblon
    Participant

Bradly

I found information in Wikipedia as good as anything so far in looking at Dr. Sadler’s life and his relationships with others. He evolved as we all do. We never start at the same place. Among his many writings, I believe he addressed Eugenics at one time. Though your position and mine are at this time on different pages, I pondered the possibilities of developing a better human being. You see, I do believe that spirits were created in the image of  God.(from of course Genesis) Further, if this is so, then this “image” could have a better human vehicle to work with. Any present day advocate of Christianity would reject this very quickly. They would give it about the same consideration as they do the Urantia Book.

I wondered a bit about any legal copyrights that the publishers would take to court in regards to whether or not the Book is public domain. Who would care. No one is going to get rich selling this book. (I doubt Bible retailers are wealthy even with the Bible being the book most printed).

I found it interesting that students of Phineas Parkhearst Quimby were sued successfully by Mary Baker Eddy even though they received their ideas from the same man. My studies in this area preceded the computer generation) Quimby’s family would not release his transcripts to the public. If you ever get the chance to look over Quimby’s writings, you will see that he was not very literate. He did not care anyway. There was no terminology available to him anyway. He claimed to heal as Jesus did. He blamed the Religions of the day to create the guilt that made people sick, and the Medical Doctors for giving the illnesses names.

No too shabby for a man living in the 1800’s. He is one of many that had enough truth and faith to affect matter.

My quest actually started in with an interest in “Mental Healing”. It never seemed to matter if Religion was involved. I has to do with Faith.

Christian Science was my next study. This is how I was led to Quimby. I think his incomplete knowledge led to an early physical death in 1866. For want of better words, I call Mary Baker Eddy a “nutball”. As did Mark Twain. He thought Christian Science to be evil. He had a broken leg, and had a choice between a horse doctor or a Christian Science Practitioner. Imagine a healer trying to convince Mark Twain that his leg was not really broken.

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

It may interest you to know that the disagreements between theologians is one of the reasons cited by the UB for its presentations of the facts regarding universe reality to help reduce such confusions and errors based on the lack of such facts as given.

Midi:  Bradly, your statement above seems a little confusing in more than one way, I’m not sure of your meaning “the facts regarding universe reality” in that are you indicating that what has been presented regarding the reality of the universe, outside of the reality which we assume is present on Urantia, can be verified as “fact”, based only on its presentation in the UB? Then to say “based on the lack of such facts as given”, where, are you indicating that “the lack of such facts” are from the UB’s presentation, or a reference back to “the disagreements between theologians”? Can you clarify your statement so that is is a little less confusing?

The UB claims that fear and prejudice (the love of and loyalty to one’s own opinions and perspective and importance) are powerful mind poisons which offer great obstacles to spirit progress and the transfer of the seat of our identity.

Midi:  Also, are you defining “that fear and prejudice” can be associated to the ego, and how does “love of” or “loyalty” have anything to do with “one’s own opinions” if that opinion is based on an understanding of what might be retained from reading the UB, or “perspective and importance” as referred back to the love of oneself, which is generally implied as I read it, when directed to opinion or loyalty of self? Can you provide the UB text where you believe that it describes what you presented, because I’m not sure that I understand it this way?

Those who can transcend their prejudices in favor of truth discovery find great inspiration and guidance in the Papers. The view of the universe of universes is exponentially expanded in scale and volume and activity with a very specific emphasis on the progressive ascension of all experiential beings in time and space. What an adventure!

Midi:  I think I understand what you are saying here, but again when you say “The view of the universes of universes is exponentially expanded in scale and volume”, which would seem to not be likely depending on everyone’s intake of the information presented within the UB, or like saying that infinity can be viewed? Then when you indicate “the progressive ascension of all experiential beings” would, by my understanding be opinion and/or loyalty, to what the UB has presented in text, yet not verifiable until after death? This I can understand as faith or belief in what is written in the UB, but as fact, can only be understood as opinion until proved?

Sorry for your confusions Midi.  I attempted to say that the UB is a gift of facts for those without facts (especially religionists and theologians as well as philosophers and scientists!) regarding creation, our world’s history, the mind and personality and spirit circuits, the never ending adventure of ascendance and experiential progress, the 4 prior epochal revelations, and especially the mission and ministry of Michael.  The Papers say that their importance is, in one way, related to the reduction of confusions and elimination of errors from all perspectives.

As to the loyalty to and love of one’s own opinions/perspectives, reading the UB does not inherently eliminate this mind poison of prejudice….but it certainly is a challenge to such prejudice!  One shared trait of most truth seekers is the ability to set aside preconception or it is if one is to remain a truth seeker!!

And yes, I meant to say that for those who read the Papers, their lense or view of reality is expanded beyond any prior conceptualizations or so I have heard from others and is my own experience.  In size alone, time and space is stupendous and, yet, is but a fraction now of its future size still to come.  Consider 7 trillion worlds breeding finaliters for that next level of time and space creation to come and all the spirits, angels, and Sons who attend this creation and those trillions of trillions (gazillions!) of ascenders and are themselves also ascendant beings with a forever future filled with fun and adventure.

There is that which is not “verifiable” until experienced I suppose.  But then, a witness or many such witnesses to such a reality might make a compelling case for the existence of that seen and experienced?  Thus, we are given the Papers.  To give us a factual presentation of universe reality so that such a view might spark enthusiasm and give courage to live loyally in God’s friendly universe.  Indeed, all 4 prior epochal revelations were such witnesses and gave such testimony and created great schools to teach and then to disseminate the facts of universe reality.  This book is version 5.0!  I believe the very word “faith” is to believe without seeing or prior verification by personal experience is it not?  I’ve long had such faith….but now I have a book of facts to further embolden and illuminate such an inspiring hope and faith as we may share without requiring personal “verifications”….signs, wonders, miracles, etc. are not what creates Agondonters as you know.  But even mortals born on a world in light and life still must have faith…faith in the ONE within and faith in Father’s love and mercy and his friendly universe.  Faith does not wait for its verification Midi or it is not faith at all.

160:1.13 (1774.5) Prejudice blinds the soul to the recognition of truth, and prejudice can be removed only by the sincere devotion of the soul to the adoration of a cause that is all-embracing and all-inclusive of one’s fellow men. Prejudice is inseparably linked to selfishness. Prejudice can be eliminated only by the abandonment of self-seeking and by substituting therefor the quest of the satisfaction of the service of a cause that is not only greater than self, but one that is even greater than all humanity — the search for God, the attainment of divinity. The evidence of maturity of personality consists in the transformation of human desire so that it constantly seeks for the realization of those values which are highest and most divinely real.

160:2.7 (1776.1) 2. Union of souls — the mobilization of wisdom. Every human being sooner or later acquires a certain concept of this world and a certain vision of the next. Now it is possible, through personality association, to unite these views of temporal existence and eternal prospects. Thus does the mind of one augment its spiritual values by gaining much of the insight of the other. In this way men enrich the soul by pooling their respective spiritual possessions. Likewise, in this same way, man is enabled to avoid that ever-present tendency to fall victim to distortion of vision, prejudice of viewpoint, and narrowness of judgment. Fear, envy, and conceit can be prevented only by intimate contact with other minds. I call your attention to the fact that the Master never sends you out alone to labor for the extension of the kingdom; he always sends you out two and two. And since wisdom is superknowledge, it follows that, in the union of wisdom, the social group, small or large, mutually shares all knowledge.

100:1.2 (1094.4) Some persons are too busy to grow and are therefore in grave danger of spiritual fixation. Provision must be made for growth of meanings at differing ages, in successive cultures, and in the passing stages of advancing civilization. The chief inhibitors of growth are prejudice and ignorance.

170:2.20 (1861.2) Jesus taught that, by faith, the believer enters the kingdom now. In the various discourses he taught that two things are essential to faith-entrance into the kingdom:

170:2.21 (1861.3) 1. Faith, sincerity. To come as a little child, to receive the bestowal of sonship as a gift; to submit to the doing of the Father’s will without questioning and in the full confidence and genuine trustfulness of the Father’s wisdom; to come into the kingdom free from prejudice and preconception; to be open-minded and teachable like an unspoiled child.

170:2.22 (1861.4) 2. Truth hunger. The thirst for righteousness, a change of mind, the acquirement of the motive to be like God and to find God.

132:3.4 (1459.4) Revealed truth, personally discovered truth, is the supreme delight of the human soul; it is the joint creation of the material mind and the indwelling spirit. The eternal salvation of this truth-discerning and beauty-loving soul is assured by that hunger and thirst for goodness which leads this mortal to develop a singleness of purpose to do the Father’s will, to find God and to become like him. There is never conflict between true knowledge and truth. There may be conflict between knowledge and human beliefs, beliefs colored with prejudice, distorted by fear, and dominated by the dread of facing new facts of material discovery or spiritual progress.

132:3.5 (1459.5) But truth can never become man’s possession without the exercise of faith. This is true because man’s thoughts, wisdom, ethics, and ideals will never rise higher than his faith, his sublime hope. And all such true faith is predicated on profound reflection, sincere self-criticism, and uncompromising moral consciousness. Faith is the inspiration of the spiritized creative imagination.

132:3.6 (1459.6) Faith acts to release the superhuman activities of the divine spark, the immortal germ, that lives within the mind of man, and which is the potential of eternal survival. Plants and animals survive in time by the technique of passing on from one generation to another identical particles of themselves. The human soul (personality) of man survives mortal death by identity association with this indwelling spark of divinity, which is immortal, and which functions to perpetuate the human personality upon a continuing and higher level of progressive universe existence. The concealed seed of the human soul is an immortal spirit. The second generation of the soul is the first of a succession of personality manifestations of spiritual and progressing existences, terminating only when this divine entity attains the source of its existence, the personal source of all existence, God, the Universal Father.

Van Amadon
    Van Amadon
    Participant

Ramblon,

Try to avoid letting so called common sense keep you wondering about how the Urantia Book came to be and thereby be completely distracted from what the Urantia Book is. It’s obvious it’s source is higher than human. No man could write such a thing as the Urantia Book. When you finish reading all of it you’ll know this too. Besides, what if what you think you’re sure of (that the Urantia Book is fraudulently authored by a man) ends up being nothing but a trap of wasted time that could have been better spent advancing what you haven’t doubt about, to become even more than certain of that and in addition, much much more? Nothing that isn’t true can be lost, except time.

Ramblon
    Participant

Van,

I don’t know why you would feel that looking for origins of writing as distracting. Since I fine myself involved in this temporal existence I find it easy to use this “internet” to locate information that took many years of “my given time line” to extract. I have not really done any particular “seeking” for many year. Even when I did, it was because one particular “theology” could spark my interest due to (usually) a partial universal truth. These things are somehow presented to me without looking for them. The Urantia Book seems to contain a lot of information that I would not even have taken any interest in had it not been for the universal truths I see in it. I can appreciate the intelligence of you long time readers. Your responses Make sense to me. Forty years ago, they would not have. Rather than worrying about ascension in regards to existence. The important part of temporal existence is to be happy. With or without explanations  or revelations. Mankind invented Religion and if we took it all away, they would create another. Science is also dependent on a linear time frame. The more it discovers, the greater the mystery.

Like it or not, the Urantia Book exists within a time line too. The origins exist in a time line. We can accept the Book only within that time line. No written text can explain time or the nature of physical reality. The Urantia Book may be the closest linear time explanation I will ever discover. I don’t think it will make me live longer be happier, or give me the means to impart this wisdom to others.

I did not seek you out. You presented yourself to me. How, I don’t know.

I may need the Book, perhaps it needs me. I don’t know.

I had thought about your Trinity. I never did like that term. We are either believe in One God, not Three in One. Certainly, the readers here will enlighten me on this topic. Dualism as far as body/soul is okay so far. Krishna found His Middle path. One  foot in the spiritual and one in the world. Being in this world and knowing that the temporal was constructed in order for “pain pleasure devices” to function is fine. The Universal Field of Information gets temporal input. The God that is looks through our eyes, hears through our ears, and feels temporal love. (or other emotions).

Some of these creatures need to study books to be happy. Some do not. Me? Let’s just say that after one of his lectures, Depak Chopra was asked. “if livf is what you say it is, why bother at all?”

He answered, “it’s so interesting, why not?

Van Amadon
    Van Amadon
    Participant

Ramblon,

The internet is full of misinformation. The method that produced the Urantia Book will never be known. Dr. Sadler did not write the Urantia Book. All that will ever be known for sure about the origin of the Urantia Book is found within its own pages. The fact that all this is true, validates its authority.

Jesus, looking down upon them, said, “Neither will I tell you by what authority I do these things.”

Van Amadon
    Van Amadon
    Participant

The following was written by Dr William Sadler and is transcribed from the photo copies of the original manuscript dated Dec 1, 1958.

I can testify that the Urantia Papers were not the product of automatic writing or any other technique of psychic legerdemain known to me.

While we are not at liberty to tell you the little we know about the technique of the production of the Urantia Papers, we are not forbidden to tell you how we did not get these documents.

UNUSUAL ACTIVITIES OF THE MARGINAL CONSCIOUSNESS. (The subconscious mind)

1. Automatic Writing

2. Automatic Talking
    a. Speaking with “tongues.”
    b. Trance Mediums.
    c. Spirit Mediums.
    d. Catalepsy.

3. Automatic Hearing — Clairaudience.
    Hearing “voices.”

4. Automatic Seeing.
    a. Dream States — Twilight Mentation
    b. Visions — Automatic Dramatization.
    c. Hallucinations. (Shifty “Reality” Feelings)

5. Automatic Thinking.
    a. Automatic Fearing — Anxiety Neurosis.
    b. Automatic Ideation — Mental Compulsions.
    c. Automatic Judgements — Intuitions, “Hunches.”
    d. Automatic Association of Ideas — Premonitions.
    e. Automatic Guessing – E.S.P. Extra-Sensory Perception.
    f. Automatic Deductions — Delusions — Paranoia.
    g. Dominance by Marginal Consciousness — Dreams and Hypnosis.

6. Automatic Remembering.
    a. Clairvoyance — Automatic Memory Associations.
    b. Telepathy – Mind Reading (?)
    c. Fortune Telling (Largely Fraudulent).
    d. Musical and Mathematical Marvels.

7. Automatic Acting.
    a. Automatic Behavior — (Major Hysteria. Witchcraft.)
    b. Automatic Motion — Motor Compulsions.
    c. Automatic Overdrives — Manic Episodes.
    d. Automatic Walking — Somnambulism.

8. Automatic Personalization.
    a. Automatic Forgetting — Amnesia.
    b. Automatic Dissociation — Double and Multiple Personality
    c. Schizophrenia — Split Personality.

9. Combined and Associated Psychic States

Note:
    The technique of the reception of the Urantia Book in English in no way parallels or impinges upon any of the above phenomenon of the marginal consciousness.

Ramblon
    Participant

Van

As I am sure you realize, the internet is not the only source of misinformation. Readers here continue to believe that I am triying to discredit Dr. Sadler and the Urantia Book. I am not. I find it very impressive and as you have said no one man could have produced it. The same could probably be said about every theological or scientific volume of writing. It is the individual and personal responsibility of the human being to accept what he can him or herself validate. (according to the data that their brains can comprehend).

The Social Structure be it Theological or Humanistic will always come into play. Whichever it is, it will affect this “structure” or habitat we are born into. This changes throughout the history of our human civilization. All of us here would be deemed “heretics” by any of the current “Abrahamic” Churches. There is no harm or threat to any written text if we choose to use the timeline now in effect.

As a young High School student I hated history. Later in life, I felt the need to know where information was coming from. I may find issues in the Urantia Book worth discussion. I do believe that it is superior (to date) than any conclusions or opinions that I came to accept. Misconceptions or not. There could be some human error. Some things do not and never will explain human existence or any need to prove what writings are relevant. I am thankful for your existence because I can learn more in discussions here than by just reading through the entire Book. The Internet is filled with “want to be” spiritual leaders. I found  “Conversations with God” (Neal Donald Walsch) an interesting example of a man asking God to explain Himself. (Joseph Smith did this and produced the Book of Mormon). At any rate, as usual, Walsh found a need to have an organization. I think he called it Recreation. It  has been so long and not being a follower I have no idea what happened to him and  I don’t care.

Mankind does have a propensity to challenge social structures. It is often Politically motivated. For example, the “Scopes Monkey Trials”. This was apparently a “test” set up by the ACLU (about 1925). Tennessee Law prohibited any teaching of evolution. Scopes agreed to be the defendant. I was amuse by the movies that used this story. In the trial Clarence Darrow questioned William Jennings Bryant about time. Bryant stated that he was more interested in “rock of ages” than the “age of rocks” Most people (at that time supported Creation) and many still do. The point is that Darrow pinned down Bryant on the time issue. How long is a day to God? Could it be years, thousands of years, or what? That one stung him and made him look a bit silly.

The law of course found Scopes guilty. Still it was a victory for the politicians. Scopes was fined and eventually the whole thing blew over. Governments proclaiming Democracy condemn Theocracy. Democracy stinks too. I provides for a majority of people to make rules all citizens. The U.S of course invented the electoral college. Without it, all Presidents would be elected by just the most populated states,

I am satisfied to have the freedom to choose to have a Religion or none at all. Preachers are happy because they can make money that cannot be taxed,

With this system in regards to money, the US is violating a Biblical principle. Credit. Lending money and collecting interest. The collapse of this system is clear to most “thinkers” spiritual of not.

Can we back our paper and cyber money with Gold. (Nixon took care of that problem in 1971.) France of course (and probably the rest of Europe wanted their Gold. Do we have enough pay anyone? Our Vietnam war and our “trip to the moon” brought into question whether or not America could pay back anyone.

Ugly Bags of Mostly Water do like their politics. Some of us do not care. We realize that the infinite nature of reality will win out over any human structures. We can meditate and go within ourselves regardless of Government. We last, they don’t.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 45 total)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.