Ugly Bags of Mostly Water

Home Forums Urantia Book General Discussions Ugly Bags of Mostly Water

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    Van Amadon
    Van Amadon
    Participant

Van, what do you mean by: You have it already. Are you saying that Ramblon is enlightened? How are you defining enlightenment?

When you’ve studied the Urantia Book many years like you have Bonita, you become very familiar with what it says, rather intimately. Certainly long time readers have had a life time to incorporate the Urantia Book’s teachings, to overcome pre-UB religious indoctrination and other youthful preconceptions. I’m guessing you were quite young, like I was, when you started studying the Urantia Book. But I think it’s safe to say the older you are when beginning to incorporate the Urantia Book’s teachings, the harder it is to supplant long held religious ideas, regardless of the degree of enlightenment one may posses when discovering the Urantia Book.

Spiritual enlightenment does not require one to read books telling about spiritual things, I’m sure you’d agree. But sincere seeking combined with the Urantia Book’s discovery is the definition of enlightenment, in my opinion.

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

The question posed by Ramblon (well selected by the way!) was:  “World enlightenment would be nice in our time or do we have it already?”

If enlightenment means to enlighten rather to BE in a state of enlightenment which will not truly occur until finality (if then) – then, the proper form of the word would be enlightening (or to enlighten).

The world has been enlightening since Andon and Fonta by the Holy Spirit and the Adjutant circuits.  The world and each inhabitant has been enlightening by the agents of our Thought Adjusters and the Son’s Spirit of Truth for the past 80 generations of their combined ministry in mind.  In addition, the Supreme is enlightening at an exponential rate due to the time/space experiential spiritization and wisdom growth by all minds/personalities in creation.  This is not to mention the Angels of Progress and the midwayers efforts to guide the world forward through the mortal planetary epochs.

The addition of a factual presentation of universe reality should certainly energize and focus the enlightening process of sincere religionists already dedicated to our own spiritization in our daily walk.  So I would agree with VanAmadon that we all and each have everything for enlightening and have it within, regardless of a fullness or drought of facts.   Such facts as given in the Revelation offer no value or truth to that reader which does not employ facts to adjust paradigms and perceptions into a working and harmonious philosophy of living whereby God is loved and that love becomes a love for all God’s children in creation.

Enlightening requires, I think, some accuracy in one’s view of reality which is why the UB was gifted to our world and at this time.  Science and personal religion really need to be unified and harmonized and the “apparent” conflicts between them need resolution for the mortals of our world to move forward in enlightening beyond the “either or” choice which does not truly exist.  There is only one reality, regardless of all the personal constructs which deform reality by the perspective and experience of each of us which truly limits the ability for enlightening.

I certainly agree (as does the UB) that prejudice or the love and embrace of our current knowledge/understanding/belief (more like a death grip actually by some) certainly retards and may even prevent enlightening….which is the very process of transcending such a grip and such prior conceptions…preconceptions and misconceptions.  One who is truly enlightening is always a little suspicious of their own current understandings and well knows that the more one knows that the more there is still to know!  Some of that may be learned by education and facts – knowledge of how things work, what’s what, who’s who, etc. – but the most important enlightening is a result of hope and faith and the making of choices with sincerity of motive and purity of intent and the confidence of a faither!

Mind is a ministry….a most elaborate and effective ministry.  The notion that I have always been here and we are now where we will be when we die belies and belittles the UB’s description of our origin and our destiny.  “I” did not exist before I was born on this world and I will be someone and something very different upon fusion.  Such fundamental befuddlements of the UB seems out of place here and contradictory to the purpose here to share and study the Revelation of cosmological facts regarding origin and destiny.  The UB clearly utilizes the phrase “modern man” in very specific and important ways.  Seems farfetched to deny one million years of progressive evolution of humanity at the hands of all of those charged with that specific task and the multiple epochs of progress and infusion of newer and greater forms of personal and planetary ministry.

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

Ramblon says above:  “There is no war in Me. People are entitled to their opinions and if it makes them happy that is fine. Even here, at this Website, we will find those that believe they are the ones that understand. They come not to learn but to convince others that they have “figured out” the purpose of human existence. I need not concern myself with this. It is only my conclusions that matter to me. (as are yours).

The Book of Urantia may be the best explanation of all. I do believe that the world is unfolding as it should. It does’t need me or written text. Mortal death is a certainty. Eternity is not something that we discover at physical death. The truth in regards to immorality is that we already are. This, of course is my perception. We are a result of our circumstance of our birth, our experience, and our personal power of reasoning.”

An interesting perspective….but not one derived from the UB certainly.  As students of the UB in this community we study that text, which is not ancient at all.  After 4+ years here and other UB study group sites, I am of the opinion that many people come to this site to study and learn and thereby to also teach others what the UB says and what it does not say.  Not all who post are sincere students to be sure; some come to “share” their most treasured misconceptions; others to “save” the poor UB students from damnation; some come to herald the universe news and warnings they “receive” from unworldly sources; some simply like to argue with or intimidate others; and their may be a few who are more than willing to “convince” others of their own perspective on the UB and other matters of a more material nature.  Some actually are straightforward enough to simply disagree with the UB and seek some illumination as to what it says that appears to conflict with prior belief.

Now one may believe or not the words written in the UB, that does not truly matter nor is it required or requested of any student and truth seeker.  But the UB is quite clear about “the purpose of human experience” if one were truly seeking such an answer to this most basic question which sparks the journey of discovery for many a philosopher and religionist.  Most students are able to make the claim that they “understand” what the UB says as it is written in a way which is quite articulate and redundant in its eloquence of presentation regarding the facts of cosmology and our source and destiny.  Yet there are tens of thousands of facts presented which allow for a long and in depth study in order to collate and integrate these facts into a harmonious tapestry of universe perspective which can unleash whole new perspectives, reasons for living, and methods of approaching the daily walk with God….and humanity.  So we read and we study and we share.  Simple.

The authors would disagree with the notion that there is no need for the UB or written text….else it would not be here.  YOU may not “need” it and the UB itself asserts no specific knowledge is required for faith, hope, love, truth, beauty, goodness and the spirit ministries within to propel such a believer into eternity.  Knowledge without faith fails whereas faith without knowledge succeeds; but to combine both faith and facts in a balanced view of reality is certainly better than either of the prior options.  Thus this gift of reality perspective and cosmological facts to reduce confusions and eliminate error.  Your claim belittles and besmirches the Revelation and the revelators IMO.

We are not already immortal either.  Nothing that is “me” may become immortal either simply by experiencing physical/mortal death.  Death solves nothing nor does it make destiny inevitable.  It will take eternity to discover eternity, although we are assured of eternity upon fusion with the God fragment or TA.  If we are only a “result of our circumstance of our birth, our experience, and our personal power of reasoning.”, then we have failed to attain our potential in this life. For it is possible to transcend all of those things to become a faith child bearing substantial fruits of the spirit and be happy and joyful. Our birth, experience, and reason will not deliver contentment and happiness as those may only come by the spirit and the spirit only comes to those who recognize and respond to the spirit in ways which separate the animal and spirit natures we are inherently born with. It takes will and effort to transfer the seat of our identity. It is neither accidental or automatic. Or so we are told.  We cannot “reason” our way into eternity.  Not if the UB is credible on the topic.

I look forward to further discussion and examination of the text on any topic you may wish to explore.  Best wishes.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant
    Ramblon wrote: Hope? I don’t have any. No need for it.

Personally, I’m filled with hope.  But maybe that’s because I don’t consider myself a perfect being stuck dealing with a human experience.  Like Bradly, I prefer the tadpole analogy.  I have every hope of becoming a full grown frog someday. But meanwhile, being a tadpole is wonderful.

As for faith, I have need of that too.  Hope and faith are a package.  Faith and trust in God, faith and trust in my own sonship, faith and trust in a friendly universe, and faith and trust of an eternity of service are all part of my hope.  I think hope is essential.

Ramblon wrote:  Where do we go when we die” We are already there.

Only the soul can be considered as potentially participating in the morontia life.  If we live your lives entirely at the soul level, then yeah, we’re there.  But few actually do that.

48:6.2 You should understand that the morontia life of an ascending mortal is really initiated on the inhabited worlds at the conception of the soul, at that moment when the creature mind of moral status is indwelt by the spirit Adjuster. And from that moment on, the mortal soul has potential capacity for supermortal function, even for recognition on the higher levels of the morontia spheres of the local universe.

It’s called an after life for a reason.  It’s a life after this life.  As long as we’re utilizing the adjutant mind spirits, we’re pre-morontial.  After achieving the first psychic circle, we have the potential to begin our morontial career in which the adjutants no longer play a role. So no, we are not really already there, but our souls are.   As long as we’re thinking with an adjutant mind, we are still here and here matters. It matters a lot.  Of course, it’s okay to hope with all your heart and mind to gain the divine wisdom to get “there”.  There’s nothing wrong with that.

Ramblon wrote: Remember that Jesus was asked, “Are you Abraham”. He said “before Abraham, I AM”.
    I’m sorry, I don’t understand what your point is by mentioning this.  Are you comparing yourself to Jesus?  Are you saying that you too existed before Abraham?  It’s not making a lot of sense to me.  Jesus existed before Abraham, but none of us have. Neither have our souls. On the other hand, our Adjusters definitely existed before Abraham.  That’s for sure.

Ramblon wrote:  Mind is a “ministry”? If so, it is not working properly.

Sure it is. It’s not mind ministry that malfunctions, it’s the free will of the individual which abuses the ministry that causes all the problems.  The cosmic mind never fails.  It’s the individual using mind who fails in coordinating and integrating according to universe reality.

p1217:1 111:1.6 Mind is the cosmic instrument on which the human will can play the discords of destruction, or upon which this same human will can bring forth the exquisite melodies of God identification and consequent eternal survival. The Adjuster bestowed upon man is, in the last analysis, impervious to evil and incapable of sin, but mortal mind can actually be twisted, distorted, and rendered evil and ugly by the sinful machinations of a perverse and self-seeking human will. Likewise can this mind be made noble, beautiful, true, and good—actually great—in accordance with the spirit-illuminated will of a God-knowing human being.

Ramblon
    Participant

Bradly,

When something draws my interest, such as The Urantia Book, these things have a way of finding me. I am not seeking knowledge, theology, or an  explanation of the nature of reality. It might be true that ignorance can be blissful. As I mentioned much earlier, A Family, a home with dog in the yard, Church on Sunday etc, might be enough to please a Creator/God. It might be enough for a human being to play the cards given. No more, no less. If in some spiritual sense a fractal of the creator may well have purposely “forgotten” what it really is in order to act out this existence……Birth, life, reproduction, death. Like the song say’s “don’t worry, be happy”. I think what messes this up is the fear of death and the unknown. Should we be happy morons unhappy “thinkers” who have to answer the “why are we here” question? In our quest to find out what we are, we may very well be limited by the very substance that we are.

We are not only a character in a painting, we are also the observer of the painting. That could be enough.

I think perhaps we need to define some of the language I find here. Calling the Mind a ministry may be a misconception of the reader. The definition of “ministry” is either a “holy spiritual leader or a government agency”.  Is someone lacking a word or symbol in regards to describing the Urantia Book definition of Mind? (just asking). Is there a truly qualified living person validate that assigned value.

Again, I will try to explain my own “substance”. Everything is One. There is nothing outside of the Creator/God.

Pre-existance? Yes. a fertilized human female egg does not produce a spirit. If you would be so kind, (and excuse me for resorting to my Bible days), God created everthing. (Us in His image). Adam did not come along right away. God took the dust and breathed life into Adam and he became a living soul. According to these ancient scriptures, the only reason he lost his immortality is because of sin.

The Christian Scientist will tell you that both sin and disease are man’s errors. After all, God said that everything was perfect. So, we pay the “Practioner” to admit that we did not break our leg. (Ask Mark Twain about that one).

So, I hope to remain your friend and at times we can agree to disagree. Sooner or later, we might yet agree.

One last thing. I write “off the top of my head”. I don’t think a lot about what I say. And yes my username is appropriate I do indeed “Ramble on”. That’s my job. Jay Leno got paid for it.

I have to read my own posts most of the time. As soon as I let them go, I let them go.

We,  (IMO) are not ‘thought generators” We choose them.

Try not thinking. You can’t do it. At least not for very long. I find mediation interesting. Breath control is involved.  Most of our bodily functions work automatically. Only one is easy to control….Our Breathing. The very thing that keeps us alive in this shallow atmosphere of earth.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant
    Ramblon wrote:  No more, no less. If in some spiritual sense a fractal of the creator may well have purposely “forgotten” what it really is in order to act out this existence……In our quest to find out what we are, we may very well be limited by the very substance that we are.

What does this mean?  Are you saying that you are a fractal of the creator?  Are you saying that you somehow have forgotten that you are a fractal of the creator and need to remember it?  I don’t know if you realize it, but that is Gnosticism.  Do you believe you’ve been duped by the Demiurge and have forgotten the Pleroma?  If not, what do fractals have to do with spirituality?

Ramblon wrote:Calling the Mind a ministry may be a misconception of the reader. The definition of “ministry” is either a “holy spiritual leader or a government agency”.  Is someone lacking a word or symbol in regards to describing the Urantia Book definition of Mind? (just asking). Is there a truly qualified living person validate that assigned value.
    I must have a different dictionary than you.  My dictionary defines ministry as the act of ministering.  Ministering is defined as providing something that is necessary and helpful.  You ask if there is a living person involved.  Yes.  Mind originates from the Infinite Spirit, the Third Person of Deity. From her, cosmic mind is distributed to the seven superuniverses through the seven Master Spirits who are persons.  Our individual minds are provided by a daughter of the Infinite Spirit, the local universe Creative Spirit, also a person.
    9:5.2 The realms of creature mind are of exclusive origin in the Third Source and Center; he is the bestower of mind.
    9:4.3  These Master Spirits distribute mind to the grand universe as the cosmic mind, and your local universe is pervaded by the Nebadon variant of the Orvonton type of cosmic mind.
    9:5.4 . . . and the mind of man is an individualized circuit, an impersonal portion, of that cosmic mind as it is bestowed in a local universe by a Creative Daughter of the Third Source and Center.
    Ramblon wrote: Pre-existance? Yes. a fertilized human female egg does not produce a spirit.

So, what you’re really saying is life is pre-existent.  Yes, life is a gift of the Third Person of Deity, the Third Source and Center of the Trinity, who is existential, meaning always was and always will be.  Life is provided by the Infinite Spirit, so it can produce a spirit. A fertilized human egg has life, otherwise it would not grow, therefore it has spirit potential.

The spirit that stimulates growth and evolution is adjutant mind ministry.  Mind ministry is sufficient to produce the body.  Mind ministry urges evolution toward spirit.  Mind is a spirit ministry which accompanies the presence of life.

36:5.1 It is the presence of the seven adjutant mind-spirits on the primitive worlds that conditions the course of organic evolution; that explains why evolution is purposeful and not accidental. These adjutants represent that function of the mind ministry of the Infinite Spirit which is extended to the lower orders of intelligent life through the operations of a local universe Mother Spirit. The adjutants are the children of the Universe Mother Spirit and constitute her personal ministry to the material minds of the realms. Wherever and whenever such mind is manifest, these spirits are variously functioning.

But a human being can only become a “spirit” if it  has a spirit nucleus.  When all seven adjutants make contact, the individual is provided with a spirit nucleus, called the Holy Spirit.  On Urantia, we also get the Spirit of Truth and the Thought Adjuster as part of our spirit nucleus.  All three spirit influences within us have pre-existence.  Even our personalities are derived from the First Person of Deity, the Universal Father who pre-exists.  But personalities are only patterns without life, without experience, and without mind, body or spirit so there is nothing to remember.

Personality is provided by the Universal Father to a living and minded system produced by the Creative Spirit.  Personality is the pattern that unifies all the parts of selfhood into a whole according to its pattern.  Personality brings with it the power to choose and the ability to be come self-aware, to use mind ministries to relate to the reality of self and the reality of other-than-self.  Personality recognizes other personality, and there you have what we call a human.

p483:9 42:12.2 Mind is always creative. The mind endowment of an individual animal, mortal, morontian, spirit ascender, or finality attainer is always competent to produce a suitable and serviceable body for the living creature identity. But the presence phenomenon of a personality or the pattern of an identity, as such, is not a manifestation of energy, either physical, mindal, or spiritual. The personality form is the pattern aspect of a living being; it connotes the arrangement of energies, and this, plus life and motion, is the mechanism of creature existence.

p71:1 5:6.6 Capacity for divine personality is inherent in the prepersonal Adjuster; capacity for human personality is potential in the cosmic-mind endowment of the human being. But the experiential personality of mortal man is not observable as an active and functional reality until after the material life vehicle of the mortal creature has been touched by the liberating divinity of the Universal Father, being thus launched upon the seas of experience as a self-conscious and a (relatively) self-determinative and self-creative personality. The material self is truly and unqualifiedly personal.

Ramblon wrote: After all, God said that everything was perfect.
    When did he say that?  The worlds of time and space were never created perfect.  Only the Central Universe is perfect.  The rest of us are in the process of perfecting.  We won’t be perfect until the God the Supreme emerges, a time when all seven superuniverses will simultaneously become perfected. The creations and creatures of time and space are incomplete and are therefore not perfect, which is why they must evolve and why mind ministry assists in that evolution, the evolution of becoming perfected.
    105:5.9 These, then, are the two original manifestations: the constitutively perfect and the evolutionally perfected. The two are co-ordinate in eternity relationships, but within the limits of time they are seemingly different. A time factor means growth to that which grows; secondary finites grow; hence those that are growing must appear as incomplete in time. But these differences, which are so important this side of Paradise, are nonexistent in eternity.
    Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

Ramblon says above:  “So, I hope to remain your friend and at times we can agree to disagree. Sooner or later, we might yet agree.”

I hope so too.  Kingdom believers and fellow children of God need to get along whether we agree on the particulars or not.  Your lack of confidence in or agreement with the UB’s presentation on reality does not diminish our shared source and destiny.  Still, the Papers are what we study at this study group of the Papers, so I hope you will not be offended when others here offer the apparent contrast between your construct of reality and that presented in the UB…..as we agree to disagree!

Always good to hear from another faither!!

Best wishes….Bradly  = )

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant
    Bradly wrote:  I hope you will not be offended when others here offer the apparent contrast between your construct of reality and that presented in the UB

Why would anyone coming here be offended by being reminded about what’s in TUB?  Or, if never read or comprehended, having it explained?  If that causes offense, then why come here?  Why should I be here?  I don’t get it.  The only reason to post here, if it’s not to learn more about TUB or share what you’ve learned from TUB, is to evangelize your own personal religion.   I don’t think this is the place to do that.  Is it?   If it is, then why isn’t there a subforum for sharing that sort of thing which has nothing to do with TUB?  Isn’t this the Urantia Book General Discussion subforum?  So many come here to sell their personal religion, why not give them a safe place to do that?  Just sayin’.

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

Agree!!!  Perhaps “Personal Experiences” is that place?

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

Good idea Bradly. It could  be renamed “Personal Religion” .  Another thing, why don’t  new readers post in the new reader sub forum?  If they’re  afraid of being informed as to what’s really in the book, that’s supposed to be a safe place to post. I promise  I’ll never go there.  All those easily offended might find comfort in that.

Ramblon
    Participant

Bradly,

Offending me here is impossible. Bonita (who I like) seems to think that since this is a forum of those that accept the Urantia Book that anyone else has no business here. I have not finished my examinations of the writings. So far, I do not see great gaps in regards to my own studies or conclusions. Something brought me here. Can we not consider the possibility that I came to get the forum “fired up”. It certainly seemed like an inactive group when I first looked in. It must have been weeks before I even stirred anyone up.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

This reply has been reported for inappropriate content.

Ramblon wrote: Bonita (who I like) seems to think that since this is a forum of those that accept the Urantia Book that anyone else has no business here.

You read me wrong Ramblon.  You can certainly post your belief system, but I think it would be more appropriate on the Personal Experience forum. After all, we are supposed to familiarize ourselves with all the different belief systems in the world, so feel free to share your belief system over on that forum.  If your belief system doesn’t jive with what is written in TUB, then expect something to be said about it if you post on this forum which is titled “Urantia Book General Discussions”.  If you have no interest in what TUB has to say about reincarnation and pre-existence, then you probably don’t belong here, that I will say.  As long as you’re interested in hearing and learning about what’s actually written in TUB, then you’re in the right place and I certainly welcome anyone with a sincere interest in TUB.

Ramblon wrote: Can we not consider the possibility that I came to get the forum “fired up”. It certainly seemed like an inactive group when I first looked in. It must have been weeks before I even stirred anyone up.
    Whenever someone comes here with ideas that cannot be found anywhere in the revelation, I personally get fired up.  Your coming here didn’t get my attention, your claim to pre-existence did.  I have to speak up when I read things like that.  But there is nothing wrong with a quiet forum.  I admit that it did bother me in the past, but no longer.  If it’s quiet here that means people are busy living, and that’s a good thing too.  And it’s soooooo much nicer here now that the troll is gone. Quiet can be a good thing.  Thank you moderator 2.
    Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

Bradly, Offending me here is impossible. Bonita (who I like) seems to think that since this is a forum of those that accept the Urantia Book that anyone else has no business here. I have not finished my examinations of the writings. So far, I do not see great gaps in regards to my own studies or conclusions. Something brought me here. Can we not consider the possibility that I came to get the forum “fired up”. It certainly seemed like an inactive group when I first looked in. It must have been weeks before I even stirred anyone up.

I haven’t noticed anyone attempting to offend you here Ramblon.  And I can assure you that you are quite mistaken in your claim that this discussion and study group site requires that you or any other reader/student “accept the Urantia Book”.  This is definitely not the case at all.  The Urantia Papers’ student body is far bigger than the subset which includes those of us who have come to conclude that we believe the claims of the authors of the Papers.  All of us who do so believe those claims of authenticity and authority were certainly once readers/students who did NOT so believe/conclude until much study and many readings later.

So, we are not a Urantia Book believers group, we are a Urantia Book study group which does include those who also believe the UB to be what it says it is.  And in that subset, there are many that focus on their favorite parts of the book – science geeks (sorry Nigel but it is what it is…hahahaha!), philosophy nerds (that’s me), Jesus stories lovers, history nuts, etc.  Some become very well rounded scholars on all topics presented and are treasured teachers within the student body….while maintaining their status as students too.

No student should require any oaths or loyalties to creeds, dogmas, ceremonies, beliefs, etc. who is a true student of the UB.   The student body is not a religion or religious group nor are any of the major organizations dedicated to dissemination of the UB and its teachings.  We are a group of sincere religionists however, each striving to live a life based on a shared belief in God and the family of creation.  We study the Urantia Papers together to discover what it says about all manner of important questions and issues every human being asks and faces in their mortal life.

It is the teachings of the UB that unites this and other student bodies and study groups.  We study, learn, ask, and teach what has been presented in the UB….regardless of one’s belief or agreement with those Papers.  So it is inherently appropriate that those who post at a UB study group and discussion site be willing and able to actually discuss the Papers or to ask specific questions regarding them.  It is inappropriate to use such a site to make pronouncements and pontifications of personal beliefs which contradict that which we study here together.   It would be advisable to ask questions or post text and comment on that within the text….whether you agree with it or understand it is not relevant or important.  But it is the keystone to our community….the common link upon which we share together.

Our group is hardly inactive here.  Over the years there have been tens of thousands of posts and far more views at the 3 Forums sponsored by the Association (this being the third generation and but two years old with over 7000 posts so far!).  Attendance does ebb and flow over time and today, there are far more virtual study groups with members around the world who skype by topic and/or language.  There are also multiple schools providing study by curriculum on-line and dozens of social media groups….all growing exponentially.  So perhaps this format fades in popularity for the newer audience?  I don’t know.

But the movement is on fire today, thanks in large part to the digital age of instant/global communication capabilities unknown to my generation who found the UB decades ago.  Perhaps we are becoming “quaint” in our antiquity here?  And yet, this type of group is important still and we remain quite rigorous in our age and quite dedicated to sharing with and caring about new students and veterans alike who wish to learn together in a free form environment where any question and any topic is welcome….so long as it has some connection to the UB.

So….what is it about the Urantia Papers that interests you most?  What confirmations of prior concepts have you discovered?  Which preconceptions held which conflict with the Papers offer the most challenge to you?  Is there something you’d like to discuss, ask, or offer some personal insights on related to the UB?  All of that is most welcome here!  We don’t need “fired up”, thanks anyway.  But we certainly would enjoy ever more actual students of the UB who sincerely desire to learn and understand more about this amazing work.

Bonita – I have no idea why anyone would report your last post as inappropriate.  Bad call.  The mods really need to be able to review and invalidate these personal attacks by some malcontents who visit us here time to time.  I once posted 4 quotes….only the text itself….and it still reads “reported for inappropriate content”….you mean the UB has inappropriate content????  Hahahaha….oh well.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Bonita – I have no idea why anyone would report your last post as inappropriate. Bad call. The mods really need to be able to review and invalidate these personal attacks by some malcontents who visit us here time to time. I once posted 4 quotes….only the text itself….and it still reads “reported for inappropriate content”….you mean the UB has inappropriate content???? Hahahaha….oh well.

I don’t know for sure but it would seem after reading all of Bonita’s most resent posts, seems to be telling specific posters to go somewhere else, and not post here?  That’s how I read into some of her posts lately?  But that’s my opinion and I really don’t disagree with the “report” made.  It would seem that much is being presented about what Jesus said and did, as well as how we should treat our fellow brothers and sisters, but I have noticed it is not being practiced here, and that Bonita is a little more agitated of late.  But she seems to be most passionate about the UB, which is her prerogative, but to state that if someone posts something that she thinks is wrong as she sees it, all hell brakes out, as if, if you don’t see it my way, then hit the road?  Also, why bring up the troll issue if she did mean to imply another troll present?  Or, so I think.

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

I have no idea what you mean Midi.  I thought Bonita’s reply both gracious and on point – she replied: “You read me wrong Ramblon. You can certainly post your belief system, but I think it would be more appropriate on the Personal Experience forum. After all, we are supposed to familiarize ourselves with all the different belief systems in the world, so feel free to share your belief system over on that forum. If your belief system doesn’t jive with what is written in TUB, then expect something to be said about it if you post on this forum which is titled “Urantia Book General Discussions”. If you have no interest in what TUB has to say about reincarnation and pre-existence, then you probably don’t belong here, that I will say. As long as you’re interested in hearing and learning about what’s actually written in TUB, then you’re in the right place and I certainly welcome anyone with a sincere interest in TUB.”

I believe the troll in question has a name which begins with “L” and you know very well about whom the comment was directed; oh yeah, there was also “Z”….those who come to merely disrupt and derail with their pontifications of their own superior knowledge.  I heard her say thank you to the mods, not accuse anyone.  But that’s just me!  You, of course, are entitled to your opinion but it is known here that you don’t have a favorable one toward Bonita which makes your comments pretty personal.  Just sayin’……  Perhaps I’ll “earn” another “inappropriate” too?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 45 total)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.