The Michael Plan

Home Forums Urantia Book General Discussions The Michael Plan

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 152 total)
  • Author
    elise
    Participant

I just read the Michael Plan .  What’s the status?

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

Greetings Elise – “The Michael Plan” does not originate in the Urantia Papers actually.  What I could find seems to be authored by someone claiming Reservist (Reserve Corps of Destiny) status – which by itself and on its own merit contradicts the UB.  Having said that,  there is much speculation by some portions of the readership about current planetary status within the sequence and evolution of the Mortal Epochs, especially, it seems, regarding the status of universe circuits and planetary leadership.

Perhaps there is some specific text so related that you’d like to discuss?  Based only on my personal reading and understanding of the text these past decades, I find no reason to believe those who claim to special status, information, or communication with celestials regarding these affairs that are managed quite ably by The Most Highs and the extensive celestial leadership in charge of our affairs and every planet’s affairs.  Our principal concern, as I understand it, is the individual and personal transition from material attachments to spiritual progress and identification.  People live and die far too quickly to become overly concerned with the “status” of planetary evolution and progress.  While there are beings which inhabit our world and every world for great expanses of time, for us this is just the place of birth and mortality.

We will begin a journey then toward a process of enlightenment and progression in spirit that leads in the direction of Paradise based on the free will choices we make here and hereafter.  We are told to fear not and worry not about that which Diety rules and is control of.  But rather to learn to love God and one another and live a life of choosing based on that truth.  While there are some among us (always) who claim special standing, purpose, power, and mission – the Urantia Book teaches that all who make such claims are, by definition, fraudulent.  And further, that those who predict the time of any epochal event either in heaven or on earth are, by definition, incorrect and delusional (or charlatans).

So, my plan, is to live each day as though it were the next day in an eternal adventure of discovery and sharing truth, beauty, and goodness with my fellows and to get closer and closer to the God fragment and spirit within, with little regard for headlines whether they be earth sourced or “other” sourced as claimed by those “in the know”.  Our true home or destiny is also our true source and abides within each of us and guides each of us on a wonderful, unique, personal path homeward.  Or so it goes for those who listen to the small still voice within, our pilot and guide in the spirit.

What’s your plan?  Peace.

elise
    Participant

Bradly,

Thanks for replying. However, I was referring to “Michael’s Plan” as set forth on this website under Study and Resource materials. Here’s the link:

http://urantia-association.org/documents/mplan/index.html

Is it your opinion that this is a fraudulent plan?

Elise

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

Actually no, I’d not seen this.  I googled Michael Plan and came up with a treatise by Paul Bond.  My apologies for the misunderstanding.  Thanks for the link and some very interesting names associated.  It appears the plan you refer to is the mortal fellowship of readers and its organizational purpose and current standing.  I’ll read more and come back while now attentive to your question.

I certainly agree that our movement has experienced significant fragmentation over the 40 years I’ve been associated with it and many momentous conflicts have led to the current situation and status of the material/mortal elements of Divinity’s plan for Urantia.  I have very conflicted feelings as to whether it has been good or bad or both in its way nor would I pretend to know what to do or how to do what in any case regarding the movement and growing readership.  My ministry is to simply support the distribution of the Revelation as quickly as possible and the dissemination of its teachings by uniting with others so minded to provide this gift I received to as many others as possible and ……..see what happens next.

So sorry for the misunderstanding.  I look forward to your views on how best to serve truth, beauty, and goodness….now and in the days to come.  Peace.

elise
    Participant

Bradly,

I am inclined to agree with what I read in “Michael’s Plan.”  That is something I could get behind.  But it seems that the Urantia community has given up on the possibilities associated with the Plan.  Perhaps I am mistaken, I hope I am.  Surely there is still someone who sees the importance of following the ministry plan that Christ Michael started while on Urantia. He identified himself as “the way,” therefore, it seems to me that it is Michael’s will that 21st century Urantians follow his “way” as initially outlined in the Fourth Revelation., unless it is the view of the Urantia community that Michael abandoned the plan that the personality Jesus started in the 1st century. I, of course, am not of that mind and I certainly hope I am not alone in this view.  But so far, I have not seen any ministerial activities by any Urantia group.  Am I way off course here?

Elise

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

Hello Elise.  I guess it depends on how you define ministry.  There are thousands of students and believers working around the world today in over a dozen languages and many countries to distribute books, form study groups, sponsor conferences and symposiums, and connect the growing student body in many ways.  Some are more organized than others.  Some organizations are larger than others.  But there is plenty of work being done and plenty more to do in this form of service – outreach and organization of connectivity and mission.

It is true that the Revelation presents many universal patterns for us to discern and utilize in our individual lives and our group efforts both.  I cannot comment on the “Michael Plan” due to lack of knowledge (ignorance) but I am reminded how the Master required the apostles and disciples to work out their own organizational issues and disagreements and left the “keys” of ministry management in the hands of believers.  And there is no Michael Plan presented in text….except by example and pattern for our reference today.  I certainly do believe there is a planetary upliftment plan – epochal progress is not haphazard or accidental to be sure.

I do not, and none do not, speak for the movement so we must each and all determine for ourselves how to pursue our own progress in spirit by our free will and, similarly, how best to serve our fellows as we pass by.  Alignment of will with God’s way is the best and most fruitful choice.  But I must confess more confusion in the how and the what of that challenge and think it rather unique to each of us.  And it remains personal choice and not mortal leadership direction or authority that determines the role for each of us.  There are many ways to engage in personal ministry and many options available for organizational team work today.  And with the digital age upon us, that work includes far more people in far more places than ever in the brief history of the movement.  But the movement is in motion and has been since the first forumite passed the first UB to another and the first study group was formed outside the original.  We witness a time of great acceleration and growth in this movement today.

There can be no doubt that Michael will have his way by God’s will and no mortal can prevent it nor is responsible for its success.  We may choose to help in our way…. or not….but the Master Son/Creator Son of Nebadon will certainly prevail here, the Shrine of Nebadon and World of the Cross.  Of that I have no doubt.  Peace.

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

By the way, this website is one example of ministry.  Here’s the Links page on this site which demonstrates a cooperative endeavor to find unity without uniformity:

http://urantia-association.org/about-uai/website-links/

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

Perhaps the moderators here would consider moving this thread to General Discussion?  As this has nothing to do with Support & Suggestions or Study Aids & Resources.

I think the topic though is worthy of consideration, comment, and context by the UB itself.  There is no “Michael Plan” within the book, however there is some plan, obviously, in planetary epochal evolution.  And the current status of that progress is of great interest to many.

Thank you.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Perhaps the moderators here would consider moving this thread to General Discussion? As this has nothing to do with Support & Suggestions or Study Aids & Resources.

I think the topic though is worthy of consideration, comment, and context by the UB itself. There is no “Michael Plan” within the book, however there is some plan, obviously, in planetary epochal evolution. And the current status of that progress is of great interest to many. Thank you.

Bradly, you are correct, in that this topic should be moved, however, I’ve been researching this forum “freeware” (software) and there may be issues with what users think may be available and there may not be that many upgrades and add-ons  available over time, since it was designed mainly for text entries and blog type web-sites.  I’m sorry to say that this is actually two steps backward and has many limitations to be sure, just my opinion, but I can see an overall decline in usage.

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

Hello Midi – I’ve copied your post to the Suggestions site for response.  I want to keep this topic on point for Elise.  Thanks.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

I just read most of the Michael Plan, all I could stand of it.  I couldn’t really wrap my mind around it.  It does not resonate with me.  It sounds like a push for orthodoxy and churchification, which comes down to politics and power in my judgment.  I think it takes a lot of chutzpah to think you know what Michael’s plan is. It sounds like a bunch of angry, almost militant, people who think they know what Michael wants.  Last I heard, Michael asked to be allowed to do his own work.  Our jobs are simply to put the leaven of truth into old beliefs.

It seems to me that after 6 years, if the so-called Michael Plan hasn’t been acted out, it probably isn’t true.  Maybe that’s why it sounds so angry and frustrated. There’s nothing wrong with being zealous, but zealotry is usually counterproductive in the long run and this so-called plan comes across as avid activism.  All this fuss seems to be about purely human problems of no lasting significance.  It almost seems like a retrogression to me with so much emphasis on the past and the “one true” truth of yesterday.

Personally, I think Michael would prefer to have an individual relationship with everyone in order to lead them to truth wherever it may lie ,so they can live it out, book or no book.  Michael is the living truth, moving, growing and progressing.  His plan is God’s plan, and God’s plan is very simple: Be perfect, even as he is perfect.  I don’t think you need an organization for that.  In fact, organizations tend to get in the way, don’t you think?

I absolutely cannot understand why all the hullabaloo about something of so little importance.  It really doesn’t matter how many social mistakes we make as long as our goal remains to do God’s will, and that is an entirely a personal matter.  These social problems are symptoms of the current status of evolution of the inner life.  With more emphasis on progress of the inner life, these social issues will follow suit, particularly if we allow the Spirit of Truth (Michael) to do his own work.

Well, that’s my opinion, for what it’s worth.  I know it will upset many, but I stand firm in my refusal to be swayed by what I see as petty power struggles.  Pshaw!

Anonymous
    Inactive

(34.3) 2:1.4 The Father constantly and unfailingly meets the need of the differential of demand for himself as  it changes from time to time in various sections of his master universe. The great God knows and understands himself; he is infinitely self-conscious of all his primal attributes of perfection. God is not a cosmic accident; neither is he a universe experimenter. The Universe Sovereigns may engage in adventure; the Constellation Fathers may experiment; the system heads may practice; but the Universal Father sees the end from the beginning, and his divine plan and eternal purpose actually embrace and comprehend all the experiments and all the adventures of all his subordinates in every world, system, and constellation in every universe of his vast domains.

From the quote above it would seem that “the plan” is our Father’s plan, therefore, those who interpret “the plan” as Micheal’s Plan might be misinterpreting the plan overall, but then, how does a universal plan compare to a local plan as presented on Urantia?  If the great God, is self-conscious, then would it not stand to reason that “the plan” might change from time to time, depending on past evolution to the present and therefore, setting up the future to re-rail back to the original plan, on a day by day basis?  Therefore, tomorrows plan may be different than today’s plan based on what our Father see’s and how free-will effects the present, using the past as a guide, or standard bearer.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

Great point Midi.  I like the quote, and since this forum doesn’t have a “like” button, I thought I’d let you know. Thanks.

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

Agreed….excellent points by both of you.  Evolutionary progress is a constant re-adjustment to Plan B!!  From mortal lemons, the celestials make divine lemonade.  Michael’s Plan, as best I can tell from text, is for mortals to handle mortal issues related to group process and mortal ministries.  What’s our plan?  The centralized authoritarian plan failed….for some very good reasons.  Are we to “go backwards” from here or progress based on experience?  No putting that genie back in the bottle.  Time to move on and get on with the work at hand.  Plenty to do and many hands already on deck and fully engaged.  The movement moves….and waits on no one and nothing.  Thanks Bonita and Midi.  Excellent observations.  Peace.

elise
    Participant

Interesting responses. Is there anyone who is in favor of the Michael Plan? Or who sees any benefit in pursuing its objectives?

Elise

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 152 total)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.