The Kingdom of Heaven

Home Forums Urantia Book General Discussions The Kingdom of Heaven

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 255 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Like I said, TUB gives us direction. It doesn’t tell us exactly what to do about any one particular problem, but it definitely gives us direction. It is meant to reorient us toward reality while on this backward world.

Yes, agreed, but there are some who read the UB and assume that these directions are what needs to be done, just because they have been presented there.  Not much different that what some think has been presented in the Bible.

Keryn
    Participant

Midi,

Honestly, if you don’t think the direction and content of TUB is superior to that found in the Bible I really wonder why you bother to participate in our study of TUB here on this forum?  If you honestly believe that TUB provides ‘directions’ that are unnecessary or not worth our time, why do you spend so much time asking questions and offering your perspectives about the Urantia Book?  TUB does not ‘direct’ us to do anything; it offers insight and spiritual enrichment that can be used to increase one’s wisdom and discernment so as to set their *own* direction toward true north (inward and Godward).

Naturally, mindless adherence to rote platitudes and creeds is not desirable; but The Urantia  Book contains none of these.

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

MidiChlorian wrote:
    Also, I am not warring with Bradly, just debating his attempt to dominate his thoughts over mine, when it comes to an individuals personal understanding of the context within the UB. Yes, I do find many of the things he presents, repeatedly, as part of his character trait, but in the same sense, repetition does not make it so, or true. He has many times indicated that he is only attempting to protect the students coming to these forums, from me, where I cannot express the many expressions he has used to describe me or my contributions, and even saying that they were Satanic in nature. Okay, that is his opinion, but based on this type of attitude towards or against me, it has become evident that he has a different definition of friendship or being friendly, so even if there was an attempt or invitation to friendship, it seems to be not mutual. So, I leave it at a debate, which he once told me that he will not debate me, and has told me as much here as well here recently.

Well Midi….an interesting conflagration of half truths and falsehood indeed! Indeed, over the past 5+ years on multiple forums, many students of the UB (including me) have sought to “…protect the students coming to these forums…” – not from you but from the misstatements, misrepresentations, twisting, and tormenting of the Papers. Actually, it is my opinion that I and all other serious students who have been privileged to read your many, many posts over the years have benefited by the obvious contrast, conflict, and endless contradictions to the Papers that you have endlessly posted….and then defended.  And it is true that in your many attacks against my person (rather than my presentments), there has been a definite lack of “friendship” or friendliness offered.

You not only chose to post as Calagastia but have proven yourself lacking in understanding of the text as well as defiant to any and all who point out the obvious. You do not appear to be sharing or learning but demonstrate an agenda of distortion and doubt….hardly a friendly position or posture. An attitude and rhetoric that was rewarded with the boot by the mods at TB.

Some of your more notable declarations, claims, and “debate” propositions regarding the Kingdom of Heaven:

1. You have declared that the Satania rebellion began on Urantia (it did not).

2. You have stated that the rebellion was begun by Life Carriers (it was not) and Adam and Eve were sent purposely to fail by the intent of System/Universe rulers.

3. You have said that the story of the rebellion and its termination proves there is no free will (not true).

4. More lately, you have declared that the Supreme is contaminated by and corrupted with sin and evil by mortals and celestials. (oh dear)

5. And that the TA’s are also so corrupted and may make people do sinful and evil things by such corruption.

6. And that there are “alternative” universes and realities created by either God or by the Michael Sons where darkness, danger, and sin rule.

There are far more examples Midi/Cali that demonstrate your dark views of reality. As the UB was given to inspire, guide, and reduce confusion and error, you seem hell bent to scare, alarm, create doubts, cast suspicions, and insert fear and anxiety you feel personally onto all others.

It’s not just your lack of friendliness Midi/Cali, but it is your whole perspective of reality that requires the response of the student body to protest and correct such negativity. You might ask yourself what the purpose of the Papers actually is and what the overarching message is and why some believers are happy, and confident, and trusting, and positive about their religious experience while others are so dark and gloomy….all the time.

It would help if a student were curious as to the contents rather than so intent on unreasonably injecting mortal fears and doubts about our Creator and the Michaels, etc. If you were a new student sincerely exploring the text and personal preconceptions, that’s one thing. But I have endured, as have so many others, your pointless tormenting of the Papers we are here to study together. It matters not to me who believes what the UB says, but it matters to many students that the Papers speak for themselves and not be dismembered by those with an agenda to disrupt, confuse, and confound the rest of us.

It seems you seek an audience rather than a study group. People to perform your psychobabble to which never seems to change in content or in flavor or by aroma. But please make yourself welcome….for error is designed to be that contrast to truth, beauty, and goodness for all of us to learn thereby.  May we all learn by and benefit from your perspective….if not be swayed by it.

;-)

Anonymous
    Inactive

Some of your more notable declarations, claims, and “debate” propositions regarding the Kingdom of Heaven:
    2. You have stated that the rebellion was begun by Life Carriers (it was not) and Adam and Eve were sent purposely to fail by the intent of System/Universe rulers.
    3. You have said that the story of the rebellion and its termination proves there is no free will (not true).
    4. More lately, you have declared that the Supreme is contaminated by and corrupted with sin and evil by mortals and celestials. (oh dear)
    5. And that the TA’s are also so corrupted and may make people do sinful and evil things by such corruption.
    6. And that there are “alternative” universes and realities created by either God or by the Michael Sons where darkness, danger, and sin rule.

Bradly, some things cannot go without a response, there are many but it is clear to me that you have distorted the facts in favor of your opinion and confusion, not only of what I have written or posted in the past not only on this forum but on many others.  You post above your misunderstanding of my many posts, which based on what you write above are down write lies based on your own dislike for me, and others I might say, where I am not alone as to your slander.  You have made statements of what I have said or written in order to twist my words and motives in your favor, which in my opinion goes against what Jesus taught.  You have said a lot of false things which were meant to hurt you opponents, and it is that which I hate but in keeping with “hate the sin, and love the sinner” it is difficult in some cases to “love the sinner”, nevertheless I judge you not for your opinion, that is someone else job, even though you have judged me many times.

To quote the UB, from Jesus:

(1712.5) 153:3.5 Jesus then directed his remarks to all present. He said: “But hearken to me, all of you. It is not that which enters into the mouth that spiritually defiles the man, but rather that which proceeds out of the mouth and from the heart.” But even the apostles failed fully to grasp the meaning of his words, for Simon Peter also asked him: “Lest some of your hearers be unnecessarily offended, would you explain to us the meaning of these words?” And then said Jesus to Peter: “Are you also hard of understanding? Know you not that every plant which my heavenly Father has not planted shall be rooted up? Turn now your attention to those who would know the truth. You cannot compel men to love the truth. Many of these teachers are blind guides. And you know that, if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the pit. But hearken while I tell you the truth concerning those things which morally defile and spiritually contaminate men. I declare it is not that which enters the body by the mouth or gains access to the mind through the eyes and ears, that defiles the man. Man is only defiled by that evil which may originate within the heart, and which finds expression in the words and deeds of such unholy persons. Do you not know it is from the heart that there come forth evil thoughts, wicked projects of murder, theft, and adulteries, together with jealousy, pride, anger, revenge, railings, and false witness? And it is just such things that defile men, and not that they eat bread with ceremonially unclean hands.”

This site is still entitled as a “forum” even though some see it as a “study group”, where a forum is defined as”

1. the marketplace or public square of an ancient Roman city, the center of judicial and business affairs and a place of assembly for the people.
    2. a court or tribunal: the forum of public opinion.
    3. an assembly, meeting place, television program, etc., for the discussion of questions of public interest.
    4. Also called online forum, Internet forum, Web forum. message board.
    5. the Forum, the forum in the ancient city of Rome.

message board
    noun
    1. a website or section of a website that is used for public discussion of a specific topic and on which users can submit or read messages: You should post your questions on a parenting message board and get support from other parents.
    2. an online discussion group that is maintained on such a website: To participate in the message board, you must be a registered user.

Keryn
    Participant

Forum Rules for this specific forum include the following:

Please abide by the purpose of this Forum which is dedicated to the in-depth study of The Urantia Book and the dissemination of its teachings.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

Yes, agreed, but there are some who read the UB and assume that these directions are what needs to be done, just because they have been presented there.  Not much different that what some think has been presented in the Bible.

And what directions people take is your business because?

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

Yes Midi/Cali, I agree….being called a liar shall not pass.  Indeed.  If you were to ask my advice, I would recommend letting sleeping dogs lie and to not poke the bear.  Instead you insult me and call me a liar.  Okay dude.  Have it your way.  A liar I’m not.  Let the record show your words and those to speak for themselves, shall we?

Warning:  the following link to a specific topic started at TruthBook by Midi/Caligastia, which ultimately led to his termination as a member of that student body, is filled with ugly darkness and a very twisted view of the universe of universes – The Kingdom of Heaven.  You will witness Caligastia’s defense of Caligastia and the accusation that Van was instrumental in starting the rebellion and the Devil is innocent of all except following orders….and oh, lots more to boot.  This topic is over 2 years old but Cal’s words sound exactly like 5 years ago and like today as well.  Beware the wolf in sheep’s clothing with gnashing teeth.  One needs courage and tenacity to keep the ankle biters and wolves at bay.  Of course we are to learn patience and how to be gracious.  Learning well patience, struggling with the gracious thing….when insincerity and mockery are heaved my way.  Oh well…so much for a tadpole to learn.  = )

Apologies Bonita….but the link does indeed demonstrate many different views on the Kingdom…and Midi/Caligastia’s sticks out like a sore thumb in its total isolation and twisted presentations of falsehood compared to many other students.

Contrast.  A good thing really.  Helps the tadpole, like me, to more quickly determine the value of another’s opinions and discern the meanings within one’s motives and agenda.  A great topic with lots of facets to admire and reflect upon.  Thank you Sister.

http://truthbook.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=5110    :-(   :-(

For those who may not know….Bradly here is aka fanofVan at TB.  ;-)

BTW…I’m no victim….and neither is Caligastia….either one of them!

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

Apologies Bonita….but the link does indeed demonstrate many different views on the Kingdom

Hey!  NO PROBLEM  . . .  as long as you don’t mind that I don’t go there and read it.  Have better things to do.

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

Hahahahahahhaha!!!!

Oh dear!  Same for everybody….hope you have something better to do….like just stay here and join in the conversation of discovery about The Kingdom of Heaven!

I gave fair warning….and I meant it….that link goes to some dark places in the mind tormented by doubts, fears, confusions, and philosophic prejudice.  But the student body is often infected by such a virus of delusion….best we become inoculated to its poisons.

Thanks again Bonita.  And like others here I have not tried to post a single “Submit” here for a long time without first copying the entire post first.  Just so the mods know, my “Chat now” feature is also not working for a long, long time so I never know who’s online here.  No big deal as I am no big fan of IM or chatting offline anyway….but if you’ve tried to reach me that way, I’m not ignoring you!  = )

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

Just so the mods know, my “Chat now” feature is also not working for a long, long time so I never know who’s online here

Ditto.  I thought I was banned from person-to-person conversations, so said nothing.

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

Just posted a plea for help to stabilize the site features.  Let us be patient…and copy our posts prior to hitting the Submit button – or the “I don’t think so button”!

I have thought more than once some angel was silencing my voice….selectively….hahahaha….I should be so important!

;-)

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yes Midi/Cali, I agree….being called a liar shall not pass. Indeed. If you were to ask my advice, I would recommend letting sleeping dogs lie and to not poke the bear. Instead you insult me and call me a liar. Okay dude. Have it your way. A liar I’m not. Let the record show your words and those to speak for themselves, shall we?

I would look forward to to my vindication based on the text.  However, I still stand by statement that you have lied.

The lead in to you statement above indicates and implies that, the 6 point which follow refer to “the Kingdom of Heaven:”

#1 – It was inferred that the rebellion started on Urantia, based on what “Van” did, which based on the time line, was prior to the actions applied to Urantia, read it again.  You didn’t get it the first time but you retained you own opinion.

#2 – Again not as you state but based on presented UB text and based on theoretical applying the context to the text.

#3 – Don’t really know what you said, but seems to be your interpretation of ???. However the premise behind not having free-will is that if one’s choices are limited to only specific choices that may not apply, and if one must choose, then the choice made cannot be free-will, unless one can create their own choice.  At least get it right.

#4 – again your opinion, not what was said, where much of the text was formed as questions, and in this case, later reassessed.  It would seem that it is your intent to change the meaning of posts to suit your understanding of them, in order to present defamation.  This is what I call “wordsmith-ing” – which actually implies to a reader a falsehood or lie, if you will.

#5 – Again your wording, where you misstate the original intent, in order to defame, not to mention that you have accused others of not answering questions, but in this case, your so-called answer, twists the question to your favor which comes across as an attack against the contributor.  And if not an attack, surely not friendly.

#6 – The main subject of what you place in this statement seems to be beyond your capacity to comprehend so, it would seem if you cannot understand something you automatically reject it.  In things that relate to some form of science, you rarely inject pertinent information, where what you do interject is of a religious nature, and not always related to the immediate subject.  But to add at the end of number 6, “darkness, danger, and sin rule”, is added fluff which changes the entire statement to something else entirely.  Although, you did not specify a lead in to that statement, so one could also assume that you left to a readers implication as to who said what, because it was not pre-qualified, otherwise.

It is fascinating that it seems that you do not see words like “if” or “maybe” especially when a sentence is ended with a question-mark “?”. Where the last time I understood it, a question-mark required a response or implied an uncertainty but, based on most of your responses you are blind to these markers, and turn them around to imply a twisted form of you understanding.

and the definition of “lie”:

noun
    1. a false statement made with deliberate intent to deceive; an intentional untruth; a falsehood. – Synonyms: prevarication, falsification.   –  Antonyms: truth.
    2. something intended or serving to convey a false impression; imposture: His flashy car was a lie that deceived no one.
    3. an inaccurate or false statement; a falsehood.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

Just posted a plea for help to stabilize the site features. Let us be patient…and copy our posts prior to hitting the Submit button – or the “I don’t think so button”! I have thought more than once some angel was silencing my voice….selectively….hahahaha….I should be so important! ;-)

Thanks Bradly.  I’m still upset.  I’ve complained about this many times and no one seems to be listening?  I figured it’s unfixable.  If they can’t fix it, can they install a stopwatch to let you know how much more “keep me signed in” time you actually have?  Or change the button to read: “keep me signed in for 24 hours” or whatever.   How about a warning beneath it saying “this button puts you into another time dimension.” Or how about this warning:  We choose to define the word KEEP in whatever way we choose and it’s definition is subject to change without notice.  Click this button at your own risk  . . .  argh.

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

Out of respect to the discussion and topic I give you the final word Caligastia. I have nothing else to say on the matter.

André
    André
    Participant

Dear Bonita,

I do want to mull over alllll  questions, all the more concerning relative reality.

That is why I do not read any answered questions after I red your intro.

Brotherhood.
    Comfort, happiness, and well-being of personality is enhanced through the mutual assistance and association of a body of individuals working together for a common cause.

The brotherhood of men is founded on the fatherhood of God. The family of God is derived from the love of God — God is love. God the Father divinely loves his children, all of them.
    ~ The Urantia Book, (131:4.1)

What do you think they mean by “exclusively spiritual brotherhood” and why do you think they include only “God-knowing individuals”✘✘ ?

✘ Exclusively because the nature of the Cause is spiritual in essence.
    103:6.3 It is therefore true that, viewed exclusively from the insideness of personality experience, all creation appears to be spiritual in nature.

✘✘ God-consciousness – awareness results through faith. Faith is experimented to all personality in seven Universes. From Michaël, Avonals, angels and humans et cetera.
    196:3.34 … the assurance of sonship is the experience of faith.

Certainly those folks shouldn’t be ostracized but illuminated in some way . . . right?
    ➤ Wrong.
    [def … to exclude from a group by common consent.]
    Satania system ostracization [quarantine and isolation] 46:8.4 … the law of deliberately nourished evil is universally and unerringly executed.
    There is wisdom 1.01 resulting in such way to do things.
    Ample occasions [illumination] to turn from the wrong self-annihilation direction is offered to the attention of such rebellious individuals. 2:6.9 The goodness of God rests at the bottom of the divine free- willness—the universal tendency to love, show mercy, manifest patience and minister forgiveness.

How does belonging to this family enrich us and renew us?
    ➤ … The enrichment process from all members of that Family. 111:5.1 Sharing is Godlike — divine as dear Mara often tells us.
    The spiritual renewal of each of us specific process from our Father.
    143:2.4 … you are first transformed by the Spirit of Truth and thereby strengthened in your inner soul by the constant spiritual renewing of your mind.

We’ve been told that this world has never seriously tried the kingdom of heaven idea . . . where have we gone wrong?
    ➤ … Which avenue Bonita would you like to take ? We have the embarrassment of choices.
    Seriously … gone the “wrong way” is inherent facts belonging to a universe of time and space. Keeping the wrong way, knowing otherwise, here you have pernicious direction. There are numerous unwise, ignorant, immature state originate from our perturbed, beloved planet Urantia. Even Michaël under freewill right observance couldn’t oblige such a correction.
    3:5.15 . The only evolutionary world without error (the possibility of unwise judgment) would be a world without free intelligence. … evolving man must be fallible if he is to be free. Free and inexperienced intelligence cannot possibly at first be uniformly wise.

Thanks Bonita.

Brotherly,

André

p.s.  … where the avatar beautiful flower is gone ?

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 255 total)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.