The Dangers of Democracy

Home Forums Urantia Book General Discussions The Dangers of Democracy

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 114 total)
  • Author
    Van Amadon
    Van Amadon
    Participant

The ordinary people of America are not protesting.

They’re standing up to mindlessness though thank God.

Keryn
    Participant

The ordinary people of America are not protesting. They’re standing up to mindlessness though thank God.

Oh, really.  How do you define “ordinary people”?  How about people who were born here (in the U.S., I mean), who are not wealthy, perhaps veterans, and those who hold down jobs and raise families?  Are those “ordinary people” in your view?

Also, I’m just curious; what is the difference between “protesting” and “standing up to” in your mind?  Obviously, you see one as bad and other as good.  How so?  This same group of “ordinary people” as you call them, are ‘not protesting’ but they are ‘standing up to’.  Huh.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

Interesting!  This phrase, “The ordinary people of China U.S. are protesting over several contentious issues concerning land, labor and environment. The government has been destroying farmland, increasing pollution and abusing workers.” applies as much to the U.S. right now as it does to China.

Just curious Keryn.  Do you live in the U.S. that you know these things, because I have not seen any of this.  People are protesting over historic flags, police practices, birth control, minimum wage, open borders and LGTB issues.  Has the government destroyed farmland or has industry and population growth destroyed it? Do you think there is more pollution in the U.S. than in China?  What abuses, besides a presumably unfair minimum wage, are workers complaining about? I think most are complaining that their companies have been shut down and sent abroad under the guise of globalism.  No, I think the protesting you see today in the U.S. is coming mostly from:

70:12.11 5. Domination by vicious minorities.

173:1.11  . . . the unfair and enslaving practices of unjust minorities who may be able to entrench themselves behind political, financial, or ecclesiastical power.

Gene
    Participant

I can see continuation of the scenario described below playing out on our streets and in our communities daily. Where is the evolution? This has been going on for many thousands of years.

(758.6) 67:5.1 Great confusion reigned in Dalamatia and thereabout for almost fifty years after the instigation of rebellion. The complete and radical reorganization of the whole world was attempted; revolution displaced evolution as the policy of cultural advancement and racial improvement. Among the superior and partially trained sojourners in and near Dalamatia there appeared a sudden advancement in cultural status, but when these new and radical methods were attempted on the outlying peoples, indescribable confusion and racial pandemonium was the immediate result. Liberty was quickly translated into license by the half-evolved primitive men of those days.

Van Amadon
    Van Amadon
    Participant

The ordinary people of America are not protesting. They’re standing up to mindlessness though thank God.

Oh, really. How do you define “ordinary people”? How about people who were born here (in the U.S., I mean), who are not wealthy, perhaps veterans, and those who hold down jobs and raise families? Are those “ordinary people” in your view? Also, I’m just curious; what is the difference between “protesting” and “standing up to” in your mind? Obviously, you see one as bad and other as good. How so? This same group of “ordinary people” as you call them, are ‘not protesting’ but they are ‘standing up to’. Huh.

Ordinary people are those who follow Jesus before anyone else.

And in my opinion, these are the people who elected you know who POTUS.

That’s how ordinary people stand up.

Mara
    Mara
    Participant

This has been going on for many thousands of years.

“A thousand years in his sight are but as yesterday when it is past and as a watch in the night.” (2:2.2 ) (14:1.12 )

:-)

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

Where is the evolution?

As I tried to explain before, false ideologies always crash and burn.  The fact that they do crash and burn is clear evidence of evolution. That doesn’t stop people from trying it all over again with the next best so-called solution to the world’s problems.  However, the riots we see today in this country are due to the license of vicious minorities, not necessarily folks who have the answers for the world’s problems. Angry protestors are primarily concerned about their singular issues.  For some reason they think they have the freedom and authority to do this, to rant and riot for their narrow cause as though it were the most important cause in the universe.  Where do they think they got that freedom and authority?  It’s been given to them by ideologists who have fostered it.  Why do ideologists foster unrest?  To cause instability and fear in order to gain power . . .  just like Lucifer’s minions.  No difference.

Van Amadon
    Van Amadon
    Participant

Where is the evolution?

As I tried to explain before, false ideologies always crash and burn. The fact that they do crash and burn is clear evidence of evolution. That doesn’t stop people from trying it all over again with the next best so-called solution to the world’s problems. However, the riots we see today in this country are due to the license of vicious minorities, not necessarily folks who have the answers for the world’s problems. Angry protestors are primarily concerned about their singular issues. For some reason they think they have the freedom and authority to do this, to rant and riot for their narrow cause as though it were the most important cause in the universe. Where do they think they got that freedom and authority? It’s been given to them by ideologists who have fostered it. Why do ideologists foster unrest? To cause instability and fear in order to gain power . . . just like Lucifer’s minions. No difference.

That’s right. The signs of what it really is, speaks for itself.

(66:8.1) In looking back over the long career of Caligastia, we find only one outstanding feature of his conduct that might have challenged attention; he was ultraindividualistic. He was inclined to take sides with almost every party of protest, and he was usually sympathetic with those who gave mild expression to implied criticism. We detect the early appearance of this tendency to be restless under authority, to mildly resent all forms of supervision. While slightly resentful of senior counsel and somewhat restive under superior authority, nonetheless, whenever a test had come, he had always proved loyal to the universe rulers and obedient to the mandates of the Constellation Fathers. No real fault was ever found in him up to the time of his shameful betrayal of Urantia.

Gene
    Participant

Where is the evolution?

As I tried to explain before, false ideologies always crash and burn. The fact that they do crash and burn is clear evidence of evolution. That doesn’t stop people from trying it all over again with the next best so-called solution to the world’s problems. However, the riots we see today in this country are due to the license of vicious minorities, not necessarily folks who have the answers for the world’s problems. Angry protestors are primarily concerned about their singular issues. For some reason they think they have the freedom and authority to do this, to rant and riot for their narrow cause as though it were the most important cause in the universe. Where do they think they got that freedom and authority? It’s been given to them by ideologists who have fostered it. Why do ideologists foster unrest? To cause instability and fear in order to gain power . . . just like Lucifer’s minions. No difference.

thank you for your perspective

Keryn
    Participant

Well, of course protestors are focused on the issues they care deeply about – that’s why they protest.  Because they care very much about something.  What, you’d prefer to see folks marching on the mall in DC holding signs that say, “Everything in general is fine!”  “Don’t change anything!”  lol.

Your phrasing is very revealing. “Angry” protestors.  “… rant and riot”.  The majority of demonstrations and protest rallies in this country are peaceful but you don’t hear as much about those because they are uninteresting from a news media perspective.  The word “protestors” is a way to dehumanize folks who take time off from their jobs, find childcare for their kids, go to the trouble and expense of traveling to the event location, and sometimes even suffer physical harm while there.  These are *people*, who care enough to go beyond pontificating and into putting their bodies on the line, not only for themselves, but for their children and their children’s children.

While Jesus did not get involved in politics or social movements of any kind, I do not think he would have spurned folks who were actively demonstrating for a cause they care about.  I think Jesus would have lovingly listened to them and tried to understand their point of view.

Gene
    Participant

I have riot control scars that date back to Democrat convention Chicago 1968

they were just as brainless, communist utopian minded and destructive then as now. Enemies of a freedom loving people with hatred for democracy and liberty.  Abby Hoffman : If it feels good, do it. What kind of ideaology is that? It persists today for many brainless commie types.

The only thing changed by the angry selfish violent protests was considerable resentment and division.

Let America be divided, I have no problem with that, in fact I really think it would be a very good thing. Here on the left coast I’m working for #51: Jefferson State and I’m doing it with many other brothers and sisters without riots and protests or burning, smashing and assulting people, we are using the existing legal system. In fact, when we meet at times, peacefully on private property the commie rat rioters come looking for trouble.

But as is self evident, the democratic control here on the left coast is lawless, criminal and the legal system is corrupt. So it’s uphill all the way.

Keryn
    Participant

“brainless commie types”, “commie rat rioters”.   Sure.  Let’s paint everybody we don’t agree with using the same brush.  And let’s name call while we’re at it. I’m sure Jesus would  :good:

Our current POTUS understands that protests can be helpful for our country.

Keryn
    Participant

Image result for trump tweet applaud protesters

Gene
    Participant

“brainless commie types”, “commie rat rioters”. Sure. Let’s paint everybody we don’t agree with using the same brush. And let’s name call while we’re at it. I’m sure Jesus would :good: Our current POTUS understands that protests can be helpful for our country.

i don’t care what you or POTUS think about protesters and rioters. My experiences are valid and my opinions are justified and scars are deep and I know who my enemies are.

I do admit however that Jesus would lecture me similar to how he did Simon but I’m ok with that.

I will likely sleep till the next dispensation but I’m ok with that too. The rest will do me good.

Keryn
    Participant

Gene,

Absolutely your experiences are valid. I am sorry you have had the hardships that have created unpleasant feelings of enmity with your brothers and sisters but I understand as I, too, struggle in that way at times.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 114 total)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.