The Dangers of Democracy

Home Forums Urantia Book General Discussions The Dangers of Democracy

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 114 total)
  • Author
    Van Amadon
    Van Amadon
    Participant

Doing the Father’s will ism.

(will always be learning)

Keryn
    Participant

Gene asks, “Why was the Urantia book revealed in English?”

No doubt it was because that is the language that was used by the group that were chosen to assist in its emergence and publication.  But also, the Publication Mandate is very specific about the importance of translations into other languages:

“Its presence is also required to engage the attention of persons of means who may be thus led to provide funds for translations into other languages.”

“Thousands of study groups must be brought into existence and the book must be translated into many tongues. Thus will the book be in readiness when the battle for man’s liberty is finally won and the world is once more made safe for the religion of Jesus and the freedom of mankind.”

Richard E Warren
    Richard E Warren
    Participant

Doing the Father’s will ism. (will always be learning)

Good one Van! :good:

Richard E Warren

Mara
    Mara
    Participant

I’m puzzled how any country that does not allow freedom of religion could become a super power.

Me too.

Here are a couple of bits about China for further study.

64:6.16The survival of comparatively large numbers of the yellow race is due to their intertribal peacefulness. From the days of Singlangton to the times of modern China, the yellow race has been numbered among the more peaceful of the nations of Urantia. This race received a small but potent legacy of the later imported Adamic stock.
    79:8.9The great strength in a veneration of ancestry is the value that such an attitude places upon the family. The amazing stability and persistence of Chinese culture is a consequence of the paramount position accorded the family, for civilization is directly dependent on the effective functioning of the family; and in China the family attained a social importance, even a religious significance, approached by few other peoples.
    94:5.0  5. The Struggle for Truth in China
    The revelators counsel us about how to get to the basis of an estimate of the current status or true perspective of any reality problem, human or divine.
    19:1.6   Even in the study of man’s biologic evolution on Urantia, there are grave objections to the exclusive historic approach to his present-day status and his current problems. The true perspective of any reality problem — human or divine, terrestrial or cosmic — can be had only by the full and unprejudiced study and correlation of three phases of universe reality: originhistory, and destiny. The proper understanding of these three experiential realities affords the basis for a wise estimate of the current status.
    We, I think, are ignorant of the whole picture playing out as regards China and translations of the UB or anything else.  We have our ideals, but mostly we are not privy to God’s plans.   The UB hasn’t been around very long, you know.
    Van Amadon
    Van Amadon
    Participant

Perhaps the main factor for global social and religious progress is tied up not so much with China, but rather, with the Chinese.

I say this with how the Chinese have a large immigrant population in several western countries, especially in North America.

This factor, combined with the eventual racial amalgamation and absorption of Native Americans from both South and North America, specifically in the USA, will eventually become what this world needs to invigorate those things that the world’s people have been struggling with as the result of the default of the planet’s administrators in the past.

The Brotherhood of Man will not fail, and if this can come together in America, then the people of this continent will eventually take themselves back to the countries of their cultural origin someday to lift it all up. Perhaps according to that proverbial Plan ‘B’ we don’t have a draft for, except for the specific unsuggested suggestions narrated in the UB that is.

Richard E Warren
    Richard E Warren
    Participant
    Xobeht wrote: I’m puzzled how any country that does not allow freedom of religion could become a super power.

Mara wrote: Me too.

There is some religious freedom in China, including 24 million Christians.

From Wikipedia:

Freedom of religion is guaranteed by China’s constitution, although religious organizations that lack official approval can be subject to state persecution. The government of the People’s Republic of China is officially atheist. Religious affairs and issues in the country are overseen by the State Administration for Religious Affairs.

Over the millennia, Chinese civilization has been influenced by various religious movements. The “three teachings“, including Confucianism, Taoism, and Buddhism (Chinese Buddhism), historically have a significant role in shaping Chinese culture, Chinese folk religion, which contains elements of the three teachings, consists in allegiance to the shen (神), a character that signifies the “energies of generation“, who can be deities of the natural environment or ancestral principles of human groups, concepts of civility, culture heroes, many of whom feature in Chinese mythology and history. Among the most popular folk cults are those of Mazu (goddess of the seas), Huangdi (one of the two divine patriarchs of the Chinese race), Guandi (god of war and business), Caishen (god of prosperity and richness), Pangu and many others. China is home to many of the world’s tallest religious statues, including the tallest of all, the Spring Temple Buddha in Henan.

Clear data on religious affiliation in China is difficult to gather due to varying definitions on “religion” and the unorganized nature of Chinese religious traditions. Scholars note that in China there is no clear boundary between three teachings religions, Buddhism, Taoism and local folk religious practice. A 2015 poll conducted by Gallup International found that 61% of Chinese people self-identified as “convinced atheist”. According to a 2014 study, approximately 74% are either non-religious or practise Chinese folk belief, 16% are Buddhists, 2% are Christians, and 1% are Muslims. In addition to Han people’s local religious practices, there are also various ethnic minority groups in China who maintain their traditional autochthone religions. Various sects of indigenous origin comprise 2—3% of the population, while Confucianism as a religious self-designation is popular among intellectuals. Significant faiths specifically connected to certain ethnic groups include Tibetan Buddhism and the Islamic religion of the Hui people, also of Uyghur, Kazakh, Kyrgyz and other peoples in the Northwest China.

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/China#Religion

Richard E Warren

Keryn
    Participant

Here is a relevant announcement from the April 2017 Urantia Foundation Board of Trustees meeting

Chinese crowd sourcing fundraiser approved

Plans are being developed for the launch of a restricted fundraiser for the sole purpose of financing the final phases of the Chinese translation. We estimate needing at least another $135,000 to finish a world-class Chinese translation during the next five years. This translation has been extremely difficult because of the language differences between English and Mandarin Chinese. That said, we are about 50% finished. With over 1.3 billion people living in China and the rapid rise of Christianity there, this is a vital translation for the spiritual transformation of Asia. When this crowd sourcing fundraiser is launched, please generously invest in the spiritual welfare of the Chinese people.

Richard E Warren
    Richard E Warren
    Participant

One more note about Christianity in China, from Wikipedia:

The government formally recognizes five religions: Buddhism, Taoism, Islam, Protestantism, and Catholicism (though the Chinese Catholic Church is independent of the Catholic Church in Rome).

Source/much more: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_China

Richard E Warren

Gene
    Participant

. One more note about Christianity in China, from Wikipedia: . The government formally recognizes five religions: Buddhism, Taoism, Islam, Protestantism, and Catholicism (though the Chinese Catholic Church is independent of the Catholic Church in Rome). Source/much more: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_China .

With that kind of religious diversity it seems to me like a no-brained for Chinese who are obviously very intelligent, to make the jump to real religion, the religion of personal experience.

I pray that their UB translation will be the catalyst and I pray that creating their translation was the correct decision.

I cling to the notion that some sort of UB foundation (not necessarily a church or organization) could materialize in America that would attract people’s of the world analogous to the way that the American promise of life, liberty and the persuit of happiness has a history of doing. This being the dissemination technique intended by the authors, but that’s just my opinion. We shall see.

Richard E Warren
    Richard E Warren
    Participant

I pray that their UB translation will be the catalyst and I pray that creating their translation was the correct decision.

Amen, Grunt.

Richard E Warren

Xobeht
    Xobeht
    Participant

Thanks Rick for that education. I knew I had something to learn regarding China.

It seems that I was making that common mistake of judging the people based on the actions of their government.

I agree that  1.3 billion people relates to a tremendous amount of potential for spiritual advancements. You are correct that we as UB frontman and frontwomen should be concerned about assisting China with their Religious future. The revelation could see momentum in the east like we’ve never seen before.

I’m really glad you brought this up, great topic.

Thank you,

Paul

Richard E Warren
    Richard E Warren
    Participant

Thanks Rick for that education. I knew I had something to learn regarding China. It seems that I was making that common mistake of judging the people based on the actions of their government. I agree that 1.3 billion people relates to a tremendous amount of potential for spiritual advancements. You are correct that we as UB frontman and frontwomen should be concerned about assisting China with their Religious future. The revelation could see momentum in the east like we’ve never seen before. I’m really glad you brought this up, great topic. Thank you, Paul

Thanks much for entering the topic, Paul. Yesterday, a quote from a Melchizedek popped up that fortified, in my mind, the importance and need for translations of the UB, in conjunction, of course, with person to person contact.

…All Urantia is waiting for the proclamation of the ennobling message of Michael, unencumbered by the accumulated doctrines and dogmas of nineteen centuries of contact with the religions of evolutionary origin. The hour is striking for presenting to Buddhism, to Christianity, to Hinduism, even to the peoples of all faiths, not the gospel about Jesus, but the living, spiritual reality of the gospel of Jesus…. 94:12.7 (1041.5)

Richard E Warren

Gene
    Participant

Thanks Rick for that education. I knew I had something to learn regarding China. It seems that I was making that common mistake of judging the people based on the actions of their government. I agree that 1.3 billion people relates to a tremendous amount of potential for spiritual advancements. You are correct that we as UB frontman and frontwomen should be concerned about assisting China with their Religious future. The revelation could see momentum in the east like we’ve never seen before. I’m really glad you brought this up, great topic. Thank you, Paul

Thanks much for entering the topic, Paul. Yesterday, a quote from a Melchizedek popped up that fortified, in my mind, the importance and need for translations of the UB, in conjunction, of course, with person to person contact.

All Urantia is waiting for the proclamation of the ennobling message of Michael, unencumbered by the accumulated doctrines and dogmas of nineteen centuries of contact with the religions of evolutionary origin. The hour is striking for presenting to Buddhism, to Christianity, to Hinduism, even to the peoples of all faiths, not the gospel about Jesus, but the living, spiritual reality of the gospel of Jesus…. 94:12.7 (1041.5) .

Of all the truths, meanings, values, facts written in English in TUB and as difficult as some concepts are to comprehend and how much study is required – I remain skeptical about any translation into any other language.

And keep in mind your quote above: the ennobling message of Michael is the 4th epochal revelation.

It’s difficult for me to believe the authors of this 5th epochal revelation intended for us to do translations.

also I reject the idea that democracy is dangerous. Representative government was taught by material sons? It’s people giving into the lure of selfishness and lust for power that’s dangerous.

Keryn
    Participant

Gene,

I’m just curious. If you happened to have been born in the rural countryside of France and did not learn the English language growing up, the 5th epochal revelation to our planet would not be available for you without the French translation of the book.  That wouldn’t bother you?  Do you feel that only those who speak one particular language should be allowed to benefit from TUB?

Of course, the book was translated in the first place, from the language of Orvonton to the language used by the receiving group in Chicago at the time.  So translating the book is certainly approved by the universe administrators/ those who commissioned the revelation.

Gene
    Participant

Gene, I’m just curious. If you happened to have been born in the rural countryside of France and did not learn the English language growing up, the 5th epochal revelation to our planet would not be available for you without the French translation of the book. That wouldn’t bother you? Do you feel that only those who speak one particular language should be allowed to benefit from TUB? Of course, the book was translated in the first place, from the language of Orvonton to the language used by the receiving group in Chicago at the time. So translating the book is certainly approved by the universe administrators/ those who commissioned the revelation.

You missed my point completely.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 114 total)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.