Reincarnation

Home Forums Urantia Book General Discussions Reincarnation

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 563 total)
  • Author
    Van Amadon
    Van Amadon
    Participant

, I just spent 20 minutes writing a reply only to have it disappear when I hit the submit button. I’m so teed off I can’t tell you how much!!!!! If the management of this forum doesn’t do something about this problem, I’m going to have to rethink my membership. I have things to do. If I get off my high dudgeon, I’ll explain things later.

Ditto Bonita. This has happened to me a lot too.

SUBMIT

Poof and nothing! Gone.

Ragathea
    Participant

Highlight and copy everything you just wrote before hitting submit. Then you can paste it in a new reply window if it disappears. I once lost an entire research paper in my early college days by not saving before sending it to the printer. Now I save or highlight-and-copy every few sentences. Please carry on….. I’m intrigued.

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

The intrigue is that if all of this experience is available to a current being’s adjuster, in that this experience comes from those who “refused to survive” and might be considered as “slothful deserter”(s), then it might indicate that the experiences seem to be transferred in that this TA has done so 15 times? Am I the only one who sees a possible issue with this Adjuster, and that this number of 15 seems destined to go up? It is not the desire of the Adjuster to foster survival, and does not the Adjuster choose the subject? Whats wrong with this picture? But using this information in association with “cross-fertilization” could explain many things, where the devil didn’t make me do it but maybe the TA did?

Bonita wrote: Haven’t you read that the Adjuster only carries experiences of truth, beauty and goodness with him?

Midi :  Then, how do you explain, the narrative provided, which spawned the aforementioned information in (109:4.5 )?

So far as I have encountered….yes indeed you are the “only one who sees a possible issue with this Adjuster…” in my 40+ years of study.

The devil made me do it….no, no…my Adjuster/God Fragment made me do it.  Dear Lord.  Such mistrust and distrust of Deity and the power, purpose, plan, and very nature of God….AND the Supreme….And the TA’s…..AND Michael.  So so sad.  Indeed – “What’s wrong with this picture?”

Adjusters do not fail…nor are they corruptible.  Next doubt, fear, anxiety, distrust…..etc.???!!

:-(

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant
    I intend to protest the “keep me signed in” button which does not, when pressed, keep you signed in. And I will do so by posting only a few sentences at a time until it drives the administration to fix it.
    Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant
    MidiChlorian wrote:Okay then, if they “indwell”, by definition: “to possess (a person), as a moral principle or motivating force”, their alternate motive is to guide, or pilot, a person to do or become what?
    Adjusters do not possess a person. Adjusters do not have alternative motives.  If you don’t know what an Adjuster does for a person, please read the book.
    [Sorry if this comes off snarky, but I’m still on high dudgeon.]
    Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

In opposition “incarnate”, which could be a synonym to indwell, where a body is required: “embodied in flesh; given a bodily, especially a human, form”. So, either way, once indwelt, the TA becomes the seed for the human soul, and as a physical body, now with a soul, can be incarnated.

Adjusters do not need bodies.  Adjusters are pure spirit reality. Adjusters do not have a human form. Your sentence structure makes no sense in the second sentence, so it’s useless to comment.

Incarnate means IN THE FLESH.  Adjusters INDWELL THE MIND.  Mind is NOT FLESH.  The brain IS FLESH.  Adjusters DO NOT INDWELL the BRAIN of FLESH.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

That’s correct, the TA doesn’t “make anyone do anything”, only guides them or pilots them to do something.  In a way, provides choices for an individual to choose.

Adjusters do not provide choices.  The experience of living provides choices.  Adjusters attempt to illuminate the mind as to the value (or lack of value) in any given choice.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

Is that not why they are called “adjusters”?

What does the word adjuster have to do with choices?  The Adjuster only adjust spiritual potential of the higher mind.  There’s a paper that explains this, #110.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

Then, how do you explain, the narrative provided, which spawned the aforementioned information in (109:4.5 )?

Here’s the quote again with your emphasis intact.  I’ll take it one sentence at a time.

(1198.8) 109:4.5 I have observed a Thought Adjuster indwelling a mind on Urantia who has, according to the records on Uversa, indwelt fifteen minds previously in Orvonton. We do not know whether this Monitor has had similar experiences in other superuniverses, but I suspect so. This is a marvelous Adjuster and one of the most useful and potent forces on Urantia during this present age. What others have lost, in that they refused to survive, this human being (and your whole world) now gains. From him who has not survival qualities, shall be taken away even that experienced Adjuster which he now has, while to him who has survival prospects, shall be given even the pre-experienced Adjuster of a slothful deserter.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

SENTENCE ONE: I have observed a Thought Adjuster indwelling a mind on Urantia who has, according to the records on Uversa, indwelt fifteen minds previously in Orvonton.

If you read the quote in context you will see that they are talking about Adjusters who have temporarily indwelt primitive beings.  This one has indwelt 15 different primitive beings in the entire superuniverse of Orvonton.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

SENTENCE TWO: We do not know whether this Monitor has had similar experiences in other superuniverses, but I suspect so.

The Adjuster in question is also likely to have had experiences indwelling primitive minds in other superuniverses as well.  Which is a tremendous amount of experience indwelling the most primitive minds.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant
    SENTENCE THREE:   This is a marvelous Adjuster and one of the most useful and potent forces on Urantia during this present age.
    Adjusters cooperate with other spiritual influences to transform and humanize primitive minds, and by so doing are able to advance civilization.  An Adjuster with an arsenal of experience transforming and humanizing minds is a potent Adjuster with the ability to affect, not only an individual mind, but civilization as a whole.  (It would be helpful to read the rest of the section.) 

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant
    SENTENCE FOUR: What others have lost, in that they refused to survive, this human being (and your whole world) now gains.
    What others have lost is the Adjuster.  Chances are that not all of his previous human indwellings were persons who refused to survive, but were too primitive to survive, but that fact doesn’t matter.  All the Adjuster’s experience is now helping the whole world, not just one person. And it’s because of all the experience of adjusting the spiritual potential of other minds.
    Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

It’s vital to understand that the Adjuster does NOT bring the individual minds of his previously indwelt personalities with him.  He only brings the EXPERIENCE he had ministering to them. Anything of potential he was able to get actualized is part of the Supreme.  The EXPERIENCE of getting the job done belongs to the Adjuster.  And this EXPERIENCE is from the Adjuster’s point of view.  The mind he indwelt perishes, first because it’s material, second because it’s on loan.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

SENTENCE FIVE: From him who has not survival qualities, shall be taken away even that experienced Adjuster which he now has, while to him who has survival prospects, shall be given even the pre-experienced Adjuster of a slothful deserter.

I already explained this.  Need a rehash?

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 563 total)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.