Reflectivity

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

Again, spot on.  The tricky part is how to envision the motion of our measurable 3-space relative to the 7-space Jesus talked about that day in Carthage (see link 130:7.7 ).  This business — of the global motions of the bit of space which we can measure — is the primary focus (and stumbling block!) of modern observational cosmology.

Nigel, was Jesus talking about space or reality in that quote? I think he was talking about personality’s ability to function in various reality levels, not space levels.  Isn’t space just one of the levels of finite reality? The other two being mind and spirit, and spirit is independent of space. In that statement made in Carthage, I always thought Jesus was referring to the fact that personality can ultimately function on all seven levels of reality: three finite; three absonite; and one absolute (112:1.9).   Right now our personalities function only on the three levels of finite reality, as explained in 12:8.9, but they potentially function on seven levels.   So, are you saying that space has seven dimensions? or personality functions on seven dimensions?  Or both?

And this bit concerning reflecting the presence of Adjusters is intriguing: (307.4, 28:3.2) “They are reflectively responsive to all of each phase of every creature of origin in the Third Source and Center and the Paradise Creator Sons, but they are not directly reflective of the beings and entities, personal or otherwise, of sole origin in the First Source and Center.”

Yeah, I agree.  The fact that the Adjusters can avail themselves of the reflectivity circuit but the reflectivity circuit can’t avail itself of the Adjusters is very cool.  Also, I think the personality circuit is exclusive of reflectivity but I can’t find a quote saying that.  Reflectivity seems to be a function of only the Third Source and Center, yet it can be utilized by all three of the Trinity and their offspring.  Interesting too that ascending mortals can never access reflectivity without one of the reflective aids (17:4.3).

But then, with regard to the cosmic intuitions, Bonita reflected: “[…] Reflectivity registers actuality, which is not necessarily reality. […]” That’s a very neat distinction.

Thanks for picking up on that.  It’s something that just recently occurred to me.  I’m still pondering the ramifications of that realization myself.

PS: The thought of a belligerent little Lanonandek refusing to be visible to universe reflectivity is truly funny. In a deeply sad sort of way.

Couldn’t have said it any better myself.  I can’t find any quote saying that reflectivity requires permission.  Reflectivity doesn’t seem to take  free will into consideration, at least as yet I haven’t seen anything to make me believe otherwise.

Van Amadon
    Van Amadon
    Participant

I’ve been pondering actuality and reality lately too. Perhaps that actuality is even greater than reality.

“Reflectivity registers actuality, which is not necessarily reality.”

I can’t wait to hear more from you Nigel and Bonita about this. I’m sure you have more to say.

Nigel Nunn
    Participant

Bonita wrote:

“Nigel, was Jesus talking about space or reality in that quote? I think he was talking about personality’s ability to function in various reality levels, not space levels.”

Bonita – thanks for thinking so deeply about this. Regarding that seven dimensional statement by Jesus, since it appears in a “Discourse on Time and Space (130:7)“, I can’t help but think of the cosmological implications, in addition to the seven potential dimensions of self-expression or person-realization (112:1.9)

Regarding time, it does seem natural and familiar to think of time as being intimately related to motion. But the concept of space is not so… intuitively accessible. For example, think of a mother racing 10 miles to the hospital in 5 minutes of time. But then she sits motionless for the next 12 hours. In those 12 hours, while not moving relative to her space, she is still moving through time. For me, this hints at the way our larger place in space (Nebadon) may be moving through both time and space.

Think how Michael, as a seven-fold Master Son — and hence involved with the Trinity Ultimate (119:8.6) — has a truly more-than-finite relationship with his creation:

(1318.5, 119:8.6) “… the liberation of his potential for absonite function. Michael, a Creator Son, is a time-space creator, but Michael, a sevenfold Master Son, is a member of one of the divine corps constituting the Trinity Ultimate.”

And then think how Michael, as a Creator Son, has always been somehow independent of time (within his creation), but only at some single place; while the Divine Minister exists ubiquitously throughout Nebadon, but only at some single moment in time. This peculiar arrangement allows Michael and the Divine Minister to nurture Nebadon in almost a more-than-finite way ( 376.6, 34:3.3 ):

“In personal prerogatives a Creative Spirit is wholly and entirely independent of space, but not of time.”

“[…] A Creator Son is not handicapped by time, but he is conditioned by space; […].”

“[…], for when these two function in administrative union, they are practically independent of time and space within the confines of their local creation. […]”

Bonita wrote:

“Isn’t space just one of the levels of finite reality?”

Recall that space is included in that list of VERY non-finite things (1160.2, 105:7.4):

“Among those realities which are associated with the transcendental level are the following:

1. The Deity presence of the Ultimate.
    2. The concept of the master universe.
    3. The Architects of the Master Universe.
    4. The two orders of Paradise force organizers.
    5. Certain modifications in space potency.
    6. Certain values of spirit.
    7. Certain meanings of mind.
    8. Absonite qualities and realities.
    9. Omnipotence, omniscience, and omnipresence.
    10. Space.”

Clearly, time does not belong in this list.  By definition, time is a phenomenon bound up with the “time-dependent” finite domain. Again, in 118:3.5, space is described as something way beyond “finite” constraints ( 1297.6, 118:3.5 ):

“Space comes the nearest of all nonabsolute things to being absolute. Space is apparently absolutely ultimate. [ … ]”

While time may be thought of as relative to motion in space, the motions of space itself, relative to Paradise, are less easy to pin down. Think of that rotated Maltese cross analogy in paper 11:7.3:

( 124.4, 11:7.3 ): “The vertical cross section of total space would slightly resemble a Maltese cross, […]”

( 124.6, 11:7.5 ) “[…], and then visualize this plane in elliptical revolution about Paradise, its revolution would roughly outline the volume of pervaded space.”

Since Paradise, the still point in the turning of this system, is not actually IN space ( 120.2, 11:2.10 ), and since the non-pervaded reservoirs appear to be absolutely distinct from pervaded space, for me, this image conjures up the idea of our entire measurable 3-space moving around Paradise in some “curved space path of lessened resistance to motion” ( 125.2, 11:7.8 )

When we reflect on reflectivity, the actualities and realities being reflected must in all sorts of ways be utterly beyond our imagination. And when the revelators speak of some of their cosmological statements as “standing in need of revision”, one such thing may be the now-pressing need to model actual reality with more than 3 spacelike dimensions. Welcome to my world!   :-)

Nigel

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

Hi Nigel,

No doubt there will be additional dimensions to space in coming universe ages.  I guess my concern about those extra dimensions is the role of matter in space. Do you think morontia is another dimension?  Physical matter (planets, stars, galaxies, etc.) exists in space, but morontia matter is also in the same space (not position). Morontia matter is different than physical matter, right?  Is that a different dimension within the same space which accommodates everything outside of Paradise (yet another dimension).  I think space itself  doesn’t have multiple dimensions but is capable of potentially accommodating all seven dimensions, that is, if you consider the role of both pervaded and non-pervaded space.  For instance, finites are projected into space and condition by time, whereas absonites, another dimension, are also in space but relative to time.(0:4.8) Will there ever be a reality level, other than Paradise, that is relative to space?  Right now, I don’t think so, but I admit I’m working on assumptions.

As to Michael and time, I often wonder how it works being independent of time while only in a single space.  While on this earth he was never in a single space because the earth is always moving through space, yet somehow that time thing applied.  There must be a fudge factor involved. Still pondering that.

In further consideration of time, I recall that consciousness of time is not necessarily motion dependent.  Personality has a built in sense of sequentiality, mind also has inherent awareness of both sequence and duration, and spirit perceived time depends on spirit motion (spirit-gravity), something independent of time and space. (12:5.1; 12:5.7-9).  We’re told that sequentiality can consciousize time without motion (12:5.5).  But when is human personality or mind motionless in this life? Well, I think the body is never motionless, but personality and mind are not body. Mind is capable of functioning on multiple dimensions because it is not entirely time dependent, which is how I think Paul was able to have that vision of the third heaven . . . which was elsewhere in space relative to his body at the time. Maybe I’m getting off track here, not sure.  Certainly getting things muddled though.

1. Mind-perceived time—consciousness of sequence, motion, and a sense of duration.

2. Spirit-perceived time—insight into motion Godward and the awareness of the motion of ascent to levels of increasing divinity.

3. Personality creates a unique time sense out of insight into Reality plus a consciousness of presence and an awareness of duration. 12:5.7-9

So why doesn’t time make it to the list of transcendental reality in quote 105:7.3?  I think that quote is referring to the Ultimate level of reality which would be a new level of perfection with the emergence of new realities. Isn’t the Ultimate level of perfected reality perfected beyond the level of the Supreme (time and space), which is so far in the future it’s almost incomprehensible.  If time and space are perfected in Supremacy, then I can see the need for no more time, if time is required for perfection, but space itself would still have to exist. Otherwise, where would everyone exist?

Another question: why is the absonite level transcendent of both time and space?  When mortal personality reaches the three absonite dimensions of functionality, will neither time or space matter?  Isn’t absonity a function of ultimacy?  That would mean that even with the ability to transcend space, you’re still in space?

Am I confusing you yet?

George Park
    Participant

I think space itself doesn’t have multiple dimensions but is capable of potentially accommodating all seven dimensions…

You present a great list of very intriguing questions about time and space. My speculations on this also tend toward the idea that space “is capable of potentially accommodating all seven dimensions.” I lean this way because these seven dimensions co-exist within the master universe and the master universe exists within space, which is a transcendental reality (cf. 105:7.14) that is neither infinite nor absolute.

Space is not infinite, even though it takes origin from Paradise; not absolute, for it is pervaded by the Unqualified Absolute. We do not know the absolute limits of space, but we do know that the absolute of time is eternity. 12:5.2

The master universe is described as having a definite three-dimensional form; pervaded space extends from near peripheral Paradise to some distance beyond the fourth outer space level. While we might wonder if the master universe has more than three spatial dimensions, this sort of hypothesis now seems very speculative, based upon the latest evidence. The European Space Agency’s 2013 final report on the Planck mission, which measured the cosmic microwave background radiation, concluded that the space of the observable universe is indistinguishable from the three-dimensional space of Euclidean geometry. (Astrophysicists were expecting the detection of some degree of spacetime curvature, but there is no evidence of any.) This is the same Euclidean space in which we exist and observe the universe. On the basis of both revelation and science, then, it seems reasonably certain that space has three dimensions both in our finite spacetime frame and in the transcendental spacetime frame of the master universe.

There are seven different conceptions of space as it is conditioned by time. Space is measured by time, not time by space. 130:7.6

So, it seems that changes in the reality of time result in seven different realizations of three-dimensional space. We dwell in a space conditioned by the finite reality of time. Paradise is a (non-spatial) place conditioned by the reality of eternity, “the absolute of time.” Between these finite and absolute time-levels there appear to be five transcendental levels, or dimensions, of time-space. This speculation appears consistent with the text, which refers to our ascension from this finite level up through “perfecting levels of the cosmos” until we finally attain the consciousness of “a seven-dimensional universe.”

It must be apparent that universal reality has an expanding and always relative meaning on the ascending and perfecting levels of the cosmos. Ultimately, surviving mortals achieve identity in a seven-dimensional universe. 130:7.7

This idea may possibly be relatable to the distinction between finite mind-perceived time-space and ascending transcendental spirit-perceived time-space levels. 

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

Thanks George.  I think I agree with everything you wrote.  Nicely written and very understandable.

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

Well….my prediction came true….and already so….this got real complicated real fast!!  Thanks to Bonita, Nigel, and George for adding and  adjoining so many pieces of this million piece puzzle (and 500-1000 piece jigsaw puzzles are my personal limit – haha!).  I readily admit I don’t understand much of that posted, as much as I am enjoying it and learning thereby.  You are presenting material read over and over by me….and I mean ‘over’ as in high altitude with appreciation for but ignorance and confusion of the terrain so far below my altitude of perspective and understanding but so high above my own education, experience, and understanding….personal ignorance is always a good hole to be filled!

Regarding time and Michael’s relationship to it….apparently he is not the only being that moves ‘in’ time in ways mortals have no understanding.

137:4.13 [Part IV]
    But this was in no sense a miracle. No law of nature was modified, abrogated, or even transcended. Nothing happened but the abrogation of time in association with the celestial assembly of the chemical elements requisite for the elaboration of the wine. At Cana on this occasion the agents of the Creator made wine just as they do by the ordinary natural processes except that they did it independently of time and with the intervention of superhuman agencies in the matter of the space assembly of the necessary chemical ingredients.

Regarding time, Jesus sent word to Lazarus’s family that his sickness was not unto death…but it was….until it was not!  Fifteen minutes before Lazarus breathed his last breath, the TA in service to Jesus notified the TA of Lazarus to stay nearby – this days before the Master’s arrival when he asked where the family had laid the body…the one he said would not die.

I surmise these are both examples of George’s presentation on those “…transcendental levels, or dimensions…”?

Nigel – while the presentation you began on the ‘utility-grid’ of time and space is not specifically related to reflectivity (I do not think), nonetheless I would appreciate further education and illumination on how this grid is built, functions, and is maintained by beings within and beyond time and space.  This personal management, design, and power that deliver the functionality of  force/energy/organization, in harmony with and balanced by reflectivity’s function and ‘utility’ grid of its own, are very related in my mind, now (thank you), for a greater appreciation and integrated understanding of how our universe operates.  I’ve been studying Paper 29 with a whole new appreciation!  (But I must confess that it is a new appreciation for frandalanks and dissociators…haha.)

Again, thanks to all.  Fascinating.   :good: And I encourage you all to get as deep and complex one with another as you may and enjoy such obvious discussion and discovery!!!!  I’ll keep up as best I can…but please do go on….regardless of my understanding.  It’s great to see big brains buzzing together and enjoying it so much!  (Seriously and sincerly.)

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

I’m starting with lots of questions and issues as an introduction to research and discussion.  Let me add another – how are the psychic circles of mortal spiritization measured?  Is the TA the only determiner?  I doubt it.  I think the reflectivity circuit also measures such progress both before and after TA Fusion…see the quotes above about The Discerner of Spirit and The Solemnity of Trust.  Circle progress is measured both quantitatively and qualitatively and there is much to ‘measure’.  I would assume that focalized reflectivity is a tool for the progressive measurement of the circles all the way to fusion, the new being to come!

Sorry, I just glossed over this before and didn’t consider it.  I would think such a measurement would be accomplished, in part, by the Solemnity of Trust seconaphim, who are members of the reflectivity team. They measure self-mastery which is what the psychic circles are all about.  Perhaps the angels of Greatness and Goodness would also participate, among others.

Nigel Nunn
    Participant

Regarding the quote attributed to Jesus, about surviving mortals achieving identity in a “seven-dimensional universe” ( 1439.5, 130:7.7 ), Bonita wrote:

“Nigel, was Jesus talking about space or reality in that quote? I think he was talking about personality’s ability to function in various reality levels, not space levels. Isn’t space just one of the levels of finite reality?”

The thing about “absolutely ultimate space” ( 1297.6, 118:3.5 ) is that it needs to ACCOMMODATE all those “seven dimensions of self-expression or person-realization” ( 1226.13, 112:1.9 ). What does it imply about space (“a bestowal of Paradise” ( 124.5, 11:7.4 ) that it CAN accommodate ultimate/absonite “pre-echo” actualized manifestations of eventuating reality?

Previously I wrote: “Reflectivity seems somehow to ignore both time-like and space-like separation“.  Upon reflection, I think this misses a fascinating aspect. While I envisage the (finite) superuniverses moving like seven membranes of creation, relative to their absonite pre-echo, the central universe — Havona — is simply there. And yet, reflectivity somehow synchronizes absonite observation of supreme evolution.  Does this mean that the seven teams of Ancients-of-Days can somehow reflectively observe events at any moment in the evolution of their superuniverse domains, as well as at any location ?!

“The superuniverse headquarters are the abiding places of the Reflective Spirits and the Reflective Image Aids. From this midway position these marvelous beings conduct their tremendous reflectivity operations, thus ministering to the central universe above and to the local universes below.” ( 178.2, 15:10.2 )

Could this mean that reflectivity not only reflects the actual (achieved) state of the evolving supreme aspect of the eventuating “grand universe” (at some moment in time) but also can also reveal (to non-finite administrators) the “echo” part of that absonite pre-echo?

Getting back to the nature of absolutely ultimate ( 1297.6, 118:3.5 ) space, I can see how a philosopher might be tempted to settle for George’s very “reasonable” picture (see above). And following Bonita’s line of thought, I can appreciate that, for a PERSON in relationship with the source and center of Personality, space may seem of little account. This could explain why students might mistake space for some mere finite-supreme level utility. As I mentioned earlier, the concept and fact of absolutely ultimate space is not easy for a philosopher or religionist to pin down. After all, the mathematical form of the cosmic discrimination ( 192.2, 16:6.6 ) offers a completely distinct perspective into reality.

My more literal, alternate view (of seven actual dimensions of space) was encouraged by some papers by Harvard’s Lisa Randall (e.g. link – Relaxing to Three Dimensions ), but such papers require some technical background. However, her 2005 book, link – Warped Passages, does a great job at breaking the ice with regard to imagining the motion of 3-dimensional subspaces relative to a seven dimensional manifold. My simple assumption is that what we call “time” is literally caused by the motion of our measurable 3-space relative to the (N-dimensional) bestowal of Paradise. Whether this 3-space is actually part of the complicated spacetime “faintly glimpsed” ( 2078.8, 195:7.5 ) by Einstein, or a Euclidean slice in relativistic flight through the absonite, is something I expect to be speculating about for eons to come!!

Bonita wrote:

“I guess my concern about those extra dimensions is the role of matter in space. Do you think morontia is another dimension?”

No, not in the sense of another “dimension of space”. I imagine morontia material to be an ingenious way of arranging energies WITHIN a tiny finite slice of absolutely ultimate space, part of the necessary technique for salvaging us from death.

Bonita also wrote:

“So why doesn’t time make it to the list of transcendental reality in quote 105:7.3? I think that quote is referring to the Ultimate level of reality […]”

Indeed it IS!  As I understand it, space is the (“absolutely ultimate“) stage within which that “Ultimate level of reality” is eventuating.  Once again ( 1297.6, 118:3.5 )

“Space comes the nearest of all nonabsolute things to being absolute. Space is apparently absolutely ultimate. [ … ]”

Bradley, I blame you for all this   :good:

Nigel

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

the “echo” part of that absonite pre-echo?

What is an absonite pre-echo?

Bonita wrote: “I guess my concern about those extra dimensions is the role of matter in space. Do you think morontia is another dimension?” No, not in the sense of another “dimension of space”. I imagine morontia material to be an ingenious way of arranging energies WITHIN a tiny finite slice of absolutely ultimate space, part of the necessary technique for salvaging us from death.

But that’s not what I asked. I asked if morontia is another dimension.  I did not ask if it is another dimension OF SPACE.  The point I was trying to make is that to us now living, the morontia level is another dimension of existence (we cannot perceive it), yet it exists within the same space as all other reality.  Even absonity (another dimension we cannot perceive) exists within space, while functioning relative to it.  Likewise, Paradise functions prior to space but is located within space.
    As I see it, subject to change at any moment, multiple dimensions exist within space without space itself being multidimensional.  That is, of course, much dependent upon how you use the word dimension.  Space does indeed have dimensions, meaning it is delimited; it has boundaries.  There are also many levels of space, but I don’t think they are referred to as dimensions, neither are the zones of space.  Least I can tell, that is . . . don’t have total recall unfortunately.
    I’m curious Nigel, why do you think the morontia level of reality only occupies a tiny slice of space?  It’s my understanding that a great deal of the seven superuniverses consist of morontia reality.  Isn’t that huge?

Does this mean that the seven teams of Ancients-of-Days can somehow reflectively observe events at any moment in the evolution of their superuniverse domains, as well as at any location ?!

I don’t understand the question. Is it rhetorical?  By location do you mean outer space levels?  If so, no.  Reflectivity is limited to the seven super universes. Are you asking if one superuniverse can observe reflectivity from another superuniverse? Not following.

(105.1) 9:7.1 The Conjoint Actor is able to co-ordinate all levels of universe actuality in such manner as to make possible the simultaneous recognition of the mental, the material, and the spiritual. This is the phenomenon of universe reflectivity, that unique and inexplicable power to see, hear, sense, and know all things as they transpire throughout a superuniverse, and to focalize, by reflectivity, all this information and knowledge at any desired point. The action of reflectivity is shown in perfection on each of the headquarters worlds of the seven superuniverses. It is also operative throughout all sectors of the superuniverses and within the boundaries of the local universes. Reflectivity finally focalizes on Paradise.

(105.2) 9:7.2 The phenomenon of reflectivity, as it is disclosed on the superuniverse headquarters worlds in the amazing performances of the reflective personalities there stationed, represents the most complex interassociation of all phases of existence to be found in all creation. Lines of spirit can be traced back to the Son, physical energy to Paradise, and mind to the Third Source; but in the extraordinary phenomenon of universe reflectivity there is a unique and exceptional unification of all three, so associated as to enable the universe rulers to know about remote conditions instantaneously, simultaneously with their occurrence.

George Park
    Participant

My more literal, alternate view (of seven actual dimensions of space) was encouraged by some papers by Harvard’s Lisa Randall (e.g. link – Relaxing to Three Dimensions ), but such papers require some technical background…. My simple assumption is that what we call “time” is literally caused by the motion of our measurable 3-space relative to the (N-dimensional) bestowal of Paradise.

The reasoning behind your speculation that there are “seven actual dimensions of space” apparently comes from (is encouraged by) the work of Lisa Randall, a theoretical particle physicist. Why did you select this work instead of her 5 dimensional Randall-Sundrum model? Why is her model superior to the numerous versions of string theory, which have anywhere from 10 to 26 dimensions? This sort of abstract metaphysical speculation about the reality of space by mathematical physicists goes on all the time. Why do you think her idea of 7 spatial dimensions is so much more credible than all of the many other speculative theories? As far as I’m aware, the general scientific consensus about the space of the universe among astrophysicists is that it is three-dimensional.

Revelation describes the form of the universe in terms of three-dimensional space: The master universe contains multiple concentrically arranged, elliptically shaped space levels which are in eternal revolution about Paradise. This three-dimensional space is the space of Euclidean geometry, the space we can imagine, what astrophysicists refer to as flat spacetime (as opposed to the curved spacetime described by general relativity.) This revealed insight into the nature of universal space is consistent with the most current and exacting scientific analysis of universal space reported in 2013 at the end of the Planck Mission, which I mentioned in a previous post. The last paragraph in the section on the spacetime curvature in this report reaches a very definite conclusion that leaves very little wiggle room for speculation. It reads:

In summary, there is no evidence from Planck for any departure from a spatially flat geometry. The results of (the equations) suggest that our Universe is spatially flat to an accuracy of better than a percent.

In arriving at this conclusion, the astrophysicists on the Planck Mission team rely exclusively upon the mathematical form of cosmic discrimination, to use your phrase, so none of the philosophical or religious influences you mention in your post have any influence upon their thinking. Nevertheless, there is close agreement between revelation and science on the three-dimensionality of master universe space. This seems to effectively exclude the idea of “seven actual dimensions of space” on both a scientific and revelatory basis.

I am left wondering by your post where the idea of “N-dimensional” Paradise comes from, if by this ambiguous phrase you are implying the existence of more than three dimensions. As you note, we are told that three-dimensional space is a bestowal of Paradise; that is, the absolute reality of Paradise is the source from which three-dimensional space is bestowed. We are also definitively informed that Paradise does not exist in space or time. “On Paradise, time and space are nonexistent; the time-space status of Paradise is absolute.” 0:1.13 However, despite the fact that Paradise does not exist in space, it still has a three-dimensional form which can be measured.

It is definitely ellipsoid, being one-sixth longer in the north-south diameter than in the east-west diameter. The central Isle is essentially flat, and the distance from the upper surface to the nether surface is one tenth that of the east-west diameter. 11:2.2

The definite geometric form of Paradise has a real three-dimensional relationship with the universe, since this form establishes absolute direction in the universe.

These differences in dimensions, taken in connection with its stationary status and the greater out-pressure of force-energy at the north end of the Isle, make it possible to establish absolute direction in the master universe. 11:2.3

Paradise does not exist in space, but it does have an absolute location relative to the space of the master universe, and the absolute direction to Paradise can be determined from any location within space. The reality of absolute direction in the universe necessarily requires the existence of an absolute three-dimensional universe frame centered on Paradise. Space is a subinfinite transcendental reality which exists relative to the absolute three-dimensionality of Paradise. In the bestowal of space by Paradise, something real emerges (eventuates) which “contains and conditions motion … even moves” relative to the infinite universe frame of Paradise three-dimensionality, which is absolutely stationary.

One speculation about the bestowal of space by Paradise is that the three-dimensional nature of space comes from the absolute form of Paradise and the temporal nature of space comes from absolute and relative motions occurring with respect to Paradise.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

However, I still wonder about whether sin and iniquity, being a form of unreality and potential poison, are actually reflected?

I’ve been thinking about this ever since you brought it up, Bradly.  I’m not sure of the answer, but I read that, “Everything of import transpiring on a local universe headquarters is inherently reflected to the capital of its superuniverse.”(201.6) 17:3.8 Does everything of import mean both good and bad, right and wrong?  It’s possible, given what we know about Lucifer’s situation, that this is the case.  Then elsewhere we’re told that, “Everything of true spiritual value is registered in duplicate, and one impression is preserved in the personal equipment of some member of one of the numerous orders of secoraphic personalities belonging to the vast staff of the Reflective Spirits.”(201.3) 17:3.5 Perhaps it is that everything that happens is reflected but only that which has spirit value is recorded for posterity?

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

One speculation about the bestowal of space by Paradise is that the three-dimensional nature of space comes from the absolute form of Paradise and the temporal nature of space comes from absolute and relative motions occurring with respect to Paradise.

I like this idea.  Paradise is pre-space, and the theoretical eventuation of space resulted in motion (respiration), in and out, which provides another dimension.  But what about midspace?  Midspace comes in actual contact with Paradise, incapsulates all of space, but doesn’t move, as far as I can tell. What’s up with that? Why isn’t midspace part of space?  Is it the transition zone between pre-space and space, pre-time and time?  I have to say I never bothered to study that.

George Park
    Participant

I like this idea. Paradise is pre-space, and the theoretical eventuation of space resulted in motion (respiration), in and out, which provides another dimension. But what about midspace? Midspace comes in actual contact with Paradise, incapsulates all of space, but doesn’t move, as far as I can tell. What’s up with that? Why isn’t midspace part of space? Is it the transition zone between pre-space and space, pre-time and time? I have to say I never bothered to study that.

Midspace is described as “the transition zone from time to eternity.” (12:5.4) Midspace is not part of space, but we are informed that space is a modification of midspace, which completely encompasses the space of the master universe.

Even space itself is but an ultimate condition, a condition of qualification within the relative absoluteness of the quiet zones of midspace. 106:7.7

Paradise is the actually motionless nucleus of the relatively quiescent zones existing between pervaded and unpervaded space. Geographically these zones appear to be a relative extension of Paradise, but there probably is some motion in them. 11:7.2

Space is absolutely ultimate, but it is not more than ultimate; it moves relative to Paradise, but it does not extend beyond the ultimate borders of the master universe. Midspace is relatively motionless with respect to Paradise (“there is probably some motion”) and encompasses the master universe. Midspace is something more than an ultimate reality but something less than an absolute one. It would seem that midspace is first bestowed by Paradise pre-space (I rather like your turn of phrase for the infinitely extended three-dimensionality of Paradise) and then relatively motionless midspace is qualified by Paradise to eventuate the movable space of the master universe.

A common characteristic of infinite pre-space, relatively absolute midspace, and transcendental space is three-dimensionality. Static pre-space contains relatively motionless midspace and midspace contains movable space. Pre-space is unqualifiedly eternal, midspace is relatively eternal, and space is temporal; “Space is measured by time.” (130:7.6) Although, in trying to make logical sense of this sequence by writing “relatively eternal,” I’m not exactly sure what this really means.  :-)

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant
    George Park wrote: . . . I’m not exactly sure what this really means. :-)
    And with that I can certainly agree!
    So I’m not really sure I understand everything you said . . . are you saying pre-space, mid-space, and space are three dimensions of total space? Or are they merely three zones or levels of total space?  I do agree with what I think you said (could be wrong), that the universe is three dimensional when it comes to the finite.
    And . . . if midspace is the transition zone between time and eternity, is it also the transition zone between finite and infinity?
    One more . . . I’ve often wondered what this quote means:
    112:1.12 Much trouble experienced by mortals in their study of human personality could be avoided if the finite creature would remember that dimensional levels and spiritual levels are not co-ordinated in experiential personality realization.
    What exactly do they mean by dimensional levels and spiritual levels, what do they have to do with personality, and how are they “not coordinated”? I ask because I don’t think this quote nor Nigel’s pet quote about the seven dimensions of personality realization (112:1.9) have anything whatsoever to do with space . . . or reflectivity for that matter . . .  so I blame Nigel for this, not Bradly 😎 )
    Oh heck Bradly, I did try to bring this all back to reflectivity two posts ago, but alas . . . . glad you’re patient with us.😇
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 53 total)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.