Reflectivity

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

Quotes on “reflectivity”:

https://urantia-association.org/search/?zoom_sort=2&zoom_query=reflectivity&zoom_per_page=100&zoom_and=0&zoom_cat%5B%5D=-1

Reflectivity covers lots of issues and methods and connects every mind to the source of mind…and all minds to the circuit of reflectivity.  The total system even “baffles” the authors of the Papers, including a Divine Counselor of Uversa!  Notice the term “focalize” below:

9:7.1 [Part I]
    The Conjoint Actor is able to co-ordinate all levels of universe actuality in such manner as to make possible the simultaneous recognition of the mental, the material, and the spiritual. This is the phenomenon of universe reflectivity, that unique and inexplicable power to see, hear, sense, and know all things as they transpire throughout a superuniverse, and to focalize, by reflectivity, all this information and knowledge at any desired point. The action of reflectivity is shown in perfection on each of the headquarters worlds of the seven superuniverses. It is also operative throughout all sectors of the superuniverses and within the boundaries of the local universes. Reflectivity finally focalizes on Paradise.

9:7.2 [Part I]
    The phenomenon of reflectivity, as it is disclosed on the superuniverse headquarters worlds in the amazing performances of the reflective personalities there stationed, represents the most complex interassociation of all phases of existence to be found in all creation. Lines of spirit can be traced back to the Son, physical energy to Paradise, and mind to the Third Source; but in the extraordinary phenomenon of universe reflectivity there is a unique and exceptional unification of all three, so associated as to enable the universe rulers to know about remote conditions instantaneously, simultaneously with their occurrence.

This could get complicated….and answer so many questions about so much!!   Cheers!

:good:

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

What’s interesting to me is that reflectivity allows the Conjoint Actor to ” . . .  see, hear, sense and know all things as they transpire.”(9:7.1) That’s instantaneous and involves sensory input as well as thought generation and actions.  What’s more,reflectivity enables  ” . . .  the universe rulers to know about remote conditions instantaneously, simultaneously with their occurrence.” (9:7.2).  That’s twice they state that there’s no time delay, the information is available as it is happening in real time.  It doesn’t seem to require someone to flip a switch and turn it on.

In the other thread BB claimed that reflectivity is a two-way operation which requires that the two parties involved cooperate.  He stated that Lucifer does not cooperate with reflectivity and therefore it is not possible for anyone to know what he thinks, sees, hears, senses or does by that process.  Which means that Lucifer keeps the switch turned off preventing reflectivity.  This makes no sense to me.

Reflectivity includes more than just mind.  It also includes the material and spiritual levels of reality.  Reflectivity unifies all three levels of reality and focuses all of it in Majeston on Paradise (14:6.36; 17:8.7), who is the Chief of Reflectivity (17:1.10; 17:20; 17:2.2-3; 17:8.7).

Van Amadon
    Van Amadon
    Participant

In a non-UB forum I frequent somebody initiated a new topic recently:

Lucifer’s Blessings

This person goes on to say that Lucifer is the deity that he worships.

Of course most of the responders (I won’t waste my time) are the atheist members of this forum who go on to say that like God, Lucifer doesn’t exist.

They want to “help.”

I just want to say that this idiot, Lucifer and his minions are the bottom.

I apologize for interrupting. But all these suggestions that reality isn’t real, really gets me going. To suggest this, is a problem in the world that seems to want to never end.

This thing about Lucifer having a way for his thoughts to not be monitored fits this mold.

Deny, deny, deny, but the truth will prevail.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

This reply has been reported for inappropriate content.

This thing about Lucifer having a way for his thoughts to not be monitored fits this mold. Deny, deny, deny, but the truth will prevail.

I can go along with that.  Reality (truth) will prevail. And the interesting thing is that the less real something is, the more disorganized it is.  Unstable, irrational, illogical thinking (which we so often see on this forum) is merely a symptom of the disease.  Sad to know that this type of thing will inevitably end in destruction.  Yet these people seem to cling to unreality with such relish! What a sickness!

(241.1) 21:5.7 The elevation of a sevenfold bestowal Son to the unquestioned sovereignty of his universe means the beginning of the end of agelong uncertainty and relative confusion. Subsequent to this event, that which cannot be sometime spiritualized will eventually be disorganized; that which cannot be sometime co-ordinated with cosmic reality will eventually be destroyed. When the provisions of endless mercy and nameless patience have been exhausted in an effort to win the loyalty and devotion of the will creatures of the realms, justice and righteousness will prevail. That which mercy cannot rehabilitate justice will eventually annihilate.

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

28:5.19 [Part I]
    7. The Discerner of Spirits. A special liaison exists between the counselors and advisers of the second Havona circle and these reflective angels. They are the only seconaphim attached to the Universal Censors but are probably the most uniquely specialized of all their fellows. Regardless of the source or channel of information, no matter how meager the evidence at hand, when it is subjected to their reflective scrutiny, these discerners will forthwith inform us as to the true motive, the actual purpose, and the real nature of its origin. I marvel at the superb functioning of these angels, who so unerringly reflect the actual moral and spiritual character of any individual concerned in a focal exposure.

28:6.13 [Part I]
    4. The Solemnity of Trust. Trust is the crucial test of will creatures. Trustworthiness is the true measure of self-mastery, character. These seconaphim accomplish a double purpose in the economy of the superuniverses: They portray to all will creatures the sense of the obligation, sacredness, and solemnity of trust. At the same time they unerringly reflect to the governing authorities the exact trustworthiness of any candidate for confidence or trust.

All minds are subjects of reflectivity and focal exposure!  There is no exception.  However, I still wonder about whether sin and iniquity, being a form of unreality and potential poison, are actually reflected?  Or is just the results of sin embrace on the individual mind so registered (the ‘fade’ effect…less and less of T,B, & G to be reflected)?  The more reality embraced is the mind, the more reflectivity occurs?  And so the opposite?

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

Well, if these reflectivity folks are able to discern true motives and actual purposes, wouldn’t that include erroneous (evil) motives and purposes?  I don’t think they mean truth-oriented motives when they use the word “true”.  I think they mean according to fact.

Perhaps you’re confusing reflectivity as it involves Majeston with experiential reality as it involves the Supreme Being?

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

Well….I could be confusing a lot of things….hahahaha!

I’m starting with lots of questions and issues as an introduction to research and discussion.  Let me add another – how are the psychic circles of mortal spiritization measured?  Is the TA the only determiner?  I doubt it.  I think the reflectivity circuit also measures such progress both before and after TA Fusion…see the quotes above about The Discerner of Spirit and The Solemnity of Trust.  Circle progress is measured both quantitatively and qualitatively and there is much to ‘measure’.  I would assume that focalized reflectivity is a tool for the progressive measurement of the circles all the way to fusion, the new being to come!

110:6.3 (1209.3) The psychic circles are not exclusively intellectual, neither are they wholly morontial; they have to do with personality status, mind attainment, soul growth, and Adjuster attunement. The successful traversal of these levels demands the harmonious functioning of the entire personality, not merely of some one phase thereof. The growth of the parts does not equal the true maturation of the whole; the parts really grow in proportion to the expansion of the entire self — the whole self — material, intellectual, and spiritual.

110:6.16 (1211.1) Perhaps these psychic circles of mortal progression would be better denominated cosmic levels — actual meaning grasps and value realizations of progressive approach to the morontia consciousness of initial relationship of the evolutionary soul with the emerging Supreme Being. And it is this very relationship that makes it forever impossible fully to explain the significance of the cosmic circles to the material mind. These circle attainments are only relatively related to God-consciousness. A seventh or sixth circler can be almost as truly God-knowing — sonship conscious — as a second or first circler, but such lower circle beings are far less conscious of experiential relation to the Supreme Being, universe citizenship. The attainment of these cosmic circles will become a part of the ascenders’ experience on the mansion worlds if they fail of such achievement before natural death.

110:6.17 (1211.2) The motivation of faith makes experiential the full realization of man’s sonship with God, but action, completion of decisions, is essential to the evolutionary attainment of consciousness of progressive kinship with the cosmic actuality of the Supreme Being. Faith transmutes potentials to actuals in the spiritual world, but potentials become actuals in the finite realms of the Supreme only by and through the realization of choice-experience. But choosing to do the will of God joins spiritual faith to material decisions in personality action and thus supplies a divine and spiritual fulcrum for the more effective functioning of the human and material leverage of God-hunger. Such a wise co-ordination of material and spiritual forces greatly augments both cosmic realization of the Supreme and morontia comprehension of the Paradise Deities.

110:6.18 (1211.3) The mastery of the cosmic circles is related to the quantitative growth of the morontia soul, the comprehension of supreme meanings. But the qualitative status of this immortal soul is wholly dependent on the grasp of living faith upon the Paradise-potential fact-value that mortal man is a son of the eternal God. Therefore does a seventh circler go on to the mansion worlds to attain further quantitative realization of cosmic growth just as does a second or even a first circler.

110:6.19 (1211.4) There is only an indirect relation between cosmic-circle attainment and actual spiritual religious experience; such attainments are reciprocal and therefore mutually beneficial. Purely spiritual development may have little to do with planetary material prosperity, but circle attainment always augments the potential of human success and mortal achievement.

Gene
    Participant

I can go along with that. Reality (truth) will prevail. And the interesting thing is that the less real something is, the more disorganized it is. Unstable, irrational, illogical thinking (which we so often see on this forum) is merely a symptom of the disease. Sad to know that this type of thing will inevitably end in destruction. Yet these people seem to cling to unreality with such relish! What a sickness.

sorry if this gets off track but this above response by Bonita to the thought, precipitated by Van Amadon takes me to paper 16:6 “the cosmic mind” where we are informed about the three cosmic intuitions and the reality response. Several times in the narrative, “reflective thinking” is mentioned as well as the mind responses to these intuitions that  requires clear reasoning and deep thinking.

when we experience a real response to any one of these intuitions, do you think it may be part of the reflectivity process?? The responses are instantaneous, or close enough, only limited by our neural pathways.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

when we experience a real response to any one of these intuitions, do you think it may be part of the reflectivity process?? The responses are instantaneous, or close enough, only limited by our neural pathways.

I think the reality response has more to do with mind-gravity.  I don’t think reflectivity and mind-gravity are the same thing.  Mind gravity is the drawing power of mind unity (when things make sense and harmony ensues).  Reflectivity registers actuality, which is not necessarily reality. At least that’s my current understanding . . . subject to change at a moment’s notice.

9:6.2 Much as the Father draws all personality to himself, and as the Son attracts all spiritual reality, so does the Conjoint Actor exercise a drawing power on all minds; he unqualifiedly dominates and controls the universal mind circuit. All true and genuine intellectual values, all divine thoughts and perfect ideas, are unerringly drawn into this absolute circuit of mind.

Gene
    Participant

How about Edentia’s big crystal, the sea of glass? -Also found on other architectural planets- it serves a thing of beauty, receiving field for transport, energy transformation, adapting incoming energy streams and “reflectivity” portraying superuniverse reflectivity to “assembled” groups.

picking on Edentia, the residence of the the Faithful of Days, who’s residence is the constellation center of the Paradise system of “communication” and intelligence allowing him to stay in contact with his paradise staff and his order throughout the universe – think about this: I assume the sea of glass is for the rank and file in regard to reflective communication and the Faithful of Days has a different circuit?

see paper 43:4.3 and 43:1.11

Nigel Nunn
    Participant

One thing about reflectivity which really woke me up was the fact that it was a totally unexpected response of the Deity Absolute to the actualization of one aspect of evolutionary potential:

(200.3, 17:2.5) “[…] This will to action was volitional in the Supreme Being, but the stupendous reaction of the Deity Absolute was not foreknown. Not since the eternity-appearance of Havona had the universe witnessed such a tremendous factualization of such a gigantic and far-flung alignment of power and co-ordination of functional spirit activities. The Deity response to the creative wills of the Supreme Being and his associates was vastly beyond their purposeful intent and greatly in excess of their conceptual forecasts.”

This technique, by which “the Conjoint Actor is able to co-ordinate all levels of universe actuality in such manner as to make possible the simultaneous recognition of the mental, the material, and the spiritual” (105.1, 9:7.1) must surely tickle the fancy of any philosopher or cosmologist with sufficient imagination to appreciate the implications: instant awareness of everything with any bearing on, or of interest to, personality in the [inhabited, grand] universe.

Then add to this the fact that something analogous exists in the non-personal domain,

(29:4.37) “[…] They are to the physical universe what the vast reflectivity mechanism is to the minded universe.”

See living barometers (328.6, 29:4.37)

Such coordination of matter, mind and spirit — for the benefit of persons — instantly deepened my interest in all aspects of reality. As Bradly predicted, “this could get complicated”  :-)

Nigel

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

Thanks for that Nigel.  Question: Why do you think the commingling of  existential (Deity Absolute) and experiential (Supreme Being) in the process of reflectivity is necessary?  And why only the personal if reflectivity involves everything?  Why not the Unqualified Absolute and the Almighty Supreme?

Nigel Nunn
    Participant

Bonita wrote:

“Question: Why do you think the commingling of existential (Deity Absolute) and experiential (Supreme Being) in the process of reflectivity is necessary?”

Reflectivity seems somehow to ignore both time-like and space-like separation; and since the authors describe reflectivity as a response by the Deity Absolute, this may mean that reflectivity is a bestowal beyond the capacity of the Ultimate level of Deity?  Possibly even something absolutely essential for the achievement of the Father’s true purpose?

“And why only the personal if reflectivity involves everything?”

Maybe because to the Father, as a father, personality is the point of everything else?

(164.1, 15:0.1) “AS FAR as the Universal Father is concerned — as a Father — the universes are virtually nonexistent; he deals with personalities; he is the Father of personalities.”

Regarding how the non-personal potentials of the Unqualified and the Almighty might relate to reflectivity, well, I’m sure any speculation I might dream up would just be embarrassing.  Nevertheless, the absolutely transcendent aspects of reflectivity were one of the things that got me so interested in how finite (i.e. time-dependent) things might actually work.  I mean, how did the Conjoint Actor manage to make anything dependent on “time”?  For example, how does he make it possible for humans to have the time to “pause to consider“?  Or to allow photons to have a time-dependent frequency as they flicker through space the way they do?

The fact that reflectivity is absolutely independent of time is almost less miraculous than the fact that we humans DO have time to discover, recognize, interpret and choose.  As Bradly said, this gets real complicated real quick!

Nigel

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

Thanks for the reply Nigel.

Doesn’t time depend on motion?  Once physical creation was put into motion, time seems to be an inevitable outcome to me.  If the Father doesn’t move, then time is not an issue with him.  The Conjoint Actor got things moving.

If reflectivity is independent of time and space and the Supreme Being exists in time and space, perhaps the Deity Absolute is necessary to circumvent that issue?

I like your explanation of personality involvement in reflectivity. I’m curious though, doesn’t reflectivity also involve things, the material level of reality, the non-personal?   Another thing I was thinking about is the fact that the reflectivity service is personal; it’s not automatic. They tell us, ” . . .  its precision results from perfection of personality co-operation and therefore can hardly be attributed to the impersonal presence-performances of the Absolutes.”(17:3.8)

Nigel Nunn
    Participant

Bonita wrote:

“If reflectivity is independent of time and space and the Supreme Being exists in time and space, perhaps the Deity Absolute is necessary to circumvent that issue?”

Bonita — exactly!  The way I read it, the Supreme and his collaborators achieved everything which was possible for them to achieve with regard to finite awareness and coordination of the space-time domain entrusted to their care.  Only “then” did the Deity Absolute respond. And respond in a way those finite agents and administrators could never have anticipated… a grand-universe-wide web of instant awareness and communication.

Since reflectivity has to do with communicating awareness, this brings to mind an analogy. Those time-dependent, space-separated administrators serving in the supreme (space-time) domain put up all the necessary poles and wires to make an old fashioned telephone exchange. Once this finite level of coordination had been achieved, the Deity Absolute upgraded their (extraordinary) achievement with an (unimaginable) 5G mobile broadband system. Complete with those subtle relativistic adjustments (for time dilation) that allow satellite GPS to work.  Regarding which, Bonita wrote:

“Doesn’t time depend on motion? Once physical creation was put into motion, time seems to be an inevitable outcome to me. If the Father doesn’t move, then time is not an issue with him. The Conjoint Actor got things moving.”

Again, spot on.  The tricky part is how to envision the motion of our measurable 3-space relative to the 7-space Jesus talked about that day in Carthage (see link 130:7.7 ).  This business — of the global motions of the bit of space which we can measure — is the primary focus (and stumbling block!) of modern observational cosmology.

Regarding the involvement of persons with reflectivity, Bonita wrote:

“I like your explanation of personality involvement in reflectivity. I’m curious though, doesn’t reflectivity also involve things, the material level of reality, the non-personal? Another thing I was thinking about is the fact that the reflectivity service is personal; it’s not automatic. They tell us, ‘ … its precision results from perfection of personality co-operation and therefore can hardly be attributed to the impersonal presence-performances of the Absolutes.’ (17:3.8)”

from perfection of personality co-operation” indeed!  This really does seem like a service set up by Persons, for persons.

After revealing reflectivity in section 9.7, the authors introduce the “Reflective Spirits” in section 9.8.

(307.4, 28:3.2) “These seconaphim of the superuniverses are the offspring of the Reflective Spirits, and therefore reflectivity is inherent in their nature.”

Hey, I never noticed this before — these secoraphic offspring of the Reflective Spirits, these “ministering spirits of the superuniverses”, are ALL agents of reflectivity!  And this bit concerning reflecting the presence of Adjusters is intriguing:

(307.4, 28:3.2) “They are reflectively responsive to all of each phase of every creature of origin in the Third Source and Center and the Paradise Creator Sons, but they are not directly reflective of the beings and entities, personal or otherwise, of sole origin in the First Source and Center.”

However, regarding the secoraphic “Discerners of Spirits”, they write:

(313.4, 28:5.22) “The discerners can and do reflect the presence of the Adjusters (and the Censors pronounce them divine), but they cannot decipher the content of the mindedness of the Mystery Monitors.”

Plenty to ponder. But then, with regard to the cosmic intuitions, Bonita reflected:

“[…] Reflectivity registers actuality, which is not necessarily reality. […]”

That’s a very neat distinction. As an information sharing service, reflectivity seems to be making accessible everything of interest to those who need to know. For us humans, such information might be awareness of weather and traffic conditions, and things like the emotional state and technical capacity of our colleagues.  For supreme-level (finite) administrators, the analogous info might be the energy conditions evolving in certain space lanes, and things like the increasingly destabilizing delusions playing out in Lucifer’s mind.

PS: The thought of a belligerent little Lanonandek refusing to be visible to universe reflectivity is truly funny. In a deeply sad sort of way.

Nigel

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 53 total)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.