Question on The Tree of Life

Home Forums Urantia Book General Discussions Question on The Tree of Life

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

You’re right, the 100 were not immortal.  They had not yet fused with their Adjusters.  But they did have Adjusters until they were sent on the mission to this planet with descending Sons, at which time their Adjusters became temporarily detached.  Why was it necessary for the Adjusters to detach for their mission?  I don’t remember being able to figure that out, but maybe it had something to do with the fact that they were acting as descending Sons and descending Sons don’t get Adjusters. That’s just a theory though.

66:4.9 This group, while enjoying provisional citizenship on Jerusem, were as yet unfused with their Thought Adjusters; and when they volunteered and were accepted for planetary service in liaison with the descending orders of sonship, their Adjusters were detached. But these Jerusemites were superhuman beings — they possessed souls of ascendant growth. During the mortal life in the flesh the soul is of embryonic estate; it is born (resurrected) in the morontia life and experiences growth through the successive morontia worlds. And the souls of the Caligastia one hundred had thus expanded through the progressive experiences of the seven mansion worlds to citizenship status on Jerusem.

67:4.5 When the staff of one hundred came to Urantia, they were temporarily detached from their Thought Adjusters. Immediately upon the arrival of the Melchizedek receivers the loyal personalities (except Van) were returned to Jerusem and were reunited with their waiting Adjusters. We know not the fate of the sixty staff rebels; their Adjusters still tarry on Jerusem. Matters will undoubtedly rest as they now are until the entire Lucifer rebellion is finally adjudicated and the fate of all participants decreed.

Why did Jesus and Melchizedek get the same Adjuster? Or an Adjuster at all?  Well, Jesus got one because he was human and was destined to begin the ascending career.  As for Melchizedek? Don’t know for sure but maybe it was because he was entering into an evolutionary experience that contributes to the Supreme.   At least that’s my current theory.  Jesus got Melchizedek’s Adjuster because Jesus probably required a high functioning Adjuster with very special experience.  That’s also my working theory.

Richard E Warren
    Richard E Warren
    Participant

93:2.7 (1016.1) This incarnated Melchizedek received a Thought Adjuster, who indwelt his superhuman personality as the monitor of time and the mentor of the flesh, thus gaining that experience and practical introduction to Urantian problems and to the technique of indwelling an incarnated Son which enabled this spirit of the Father to function so valiantly in the human mind of the later Son of God, Michael, when he appeared on earth in the likeness of mortal flesh. And this is the only Thought Adjuster who ever functioned in two minds on Urantia, but both minds were divine as well as human.

Valiantly!

Richard E Warren

André
    André
    Participant

Good evening,

That’s what is interesting wandering with speculations, imagination and a purpose:
    my objective is to hang out with determinated peoples whom answer the call: be perfect as our Father is.

Get along with brothers and sisters with distinc unique perspectives. In an effort to develop teamworks abilities SO essential, crucial in brotherhood ascension.

Back to thread.

Why was it necessary for the Adjusters to detach for their mission?

We know those 100 all originate from others planets then Urantia.
    Why not take 100 whom fused with T/A ?
    We already have those fused ascenders personified by
    successive administrations of the resident governors commission of twenty-four former Urantians with authority to represent him in the government of Urantia and all other quarantined planets in the system. One of this council is now always resident on Urantia as resident governor general..114:1.2

I”ll bet primary and secondary midwayers are infused with T/A !

André

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

We are told that midwayers are not endowed with Adjusters (humanized) until late into the Light and Life era of every evolutionary world.  I think about the time Adam and Eve are released from planetary duty and are likewise humanized and Adjuster indwelt.  Now their ascension adventure to Paradise may proceed to serve in the Corps of Finality for our shared eternal adventure.

31:5.2 (349.2) When an advanced evolutionary world attains the later eras of the age of light and life, the Material Sons, the Planetary Adam and Eve, may elect to humanize, receive Adjusters, and embark upon the evolutionary course of universe ascent leading to the Corps of Mortal Finaliters. Certain of these Material Sons have partially failed or technically defaulted in their mission as biologic accelerators, as Adam did on Urantia; and then are they compelled to take the natural course of the peoples of the realm, receive Adjusters, pass through death, and progress by faith through the ascendant regime, subsequently attaining Paradise and the Corps of the Finality.

55:4.9 (627.7) The System Sovereign has authority to release midway creatures any time after the first settled stage so that they may humanize in the morontia by the aid of the Life Carriers and the physical controllers and, after receiving Thought Adjusters, start out on their Paradise ascension.

55:4.30 (629.8) Throughout all of these epochs the imported assisting Material Sons and Daughters exert a tremendous influence on the progressing social and economic orders. They are potentially immortal, at least until such time as they elect to humanize, receive Adjusters, and start for Paradise.

55:4.31 (629.9) On the evolutionary worlds a being must humanize to receive a Thought Adjuster. All ascendant members of the Mortal Corps of Finaliters have been Adjuster indwelt and fused except seraphim, and they are Father indwelt by another type of spirit at the time of being mustered into this corps.

I think Bonita’s theory on the 100 is spot on.  They have accepted assignments as temporary descending sons.  Only ascenders receive TA’s so far as I can tell.  Faith operates in a different way in celestial mind than a Father Fragment endowed mind (I think).  This is universal and not specific to Urantia.  So there is precedent and reason for such temporary loss in the experience gained by each volunteer.  Seems like s long commitment and season without such an influence and contact so it must offer some real value to mortals.

I wonder if the rebel staff were eventually reunited with their TA and rehabilitated thereby?

Really enjoying the conversation.  Thanks to all.

;-)

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

Why not take 100 whom fused with T/A ?

Great question.  Can’t say as I know the answer, but I would think that TA fusion results in a certain ascending trajectory towards Paradise rather than one descending away from it.  But that’s a big guess on my part.

We already have those fused ascenders personified by successive administrations of the resident governors commission of twenty-four former Urantians with authority to represent him in the government of Urantia and all other quarantined planets in the system. One of this council is now always resident on Urantia as resident governor general..114:1.2

Those folks had their ascension career temporarily suspended by Gabriel so they can invisibly serve us.  Why? I don’t know. But they do not have visible bodies of flesh and blood like the Prince’s staff of 100, nor do they have to experience all the vicissitudes resulting from living in those bodies on this physical planet.  Not sure if that matters.

45:4.19 These selected personalities are exempt from the ascension regime for the time being, on Gabriel’s request, and we have no idea how long they may serve in this capacity.

Nigel Nunn
    Participant

andré wrote:

Why was it necessary for the Adjusters to detach for their mission?

Here’s an idea: those 100 non-fused ascenders all shared what we might call a “Jerusem perspective”. Such a frame of reference must be at least equivalent to the worldview during planetary “light and life“, so the probability would have been high that, had their Adjusters not been temporarily detached, then during their long mission, many or all would have fused.

If such fusion in the flesh leads inevitably to “Son Seizure (49:6.18)“, this may have interfered with their mission?

Picture the Planetary Prince, watching his staff, one by one, disappear in unavoidable spiritual orgasm    :good:

Nigel

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

That’s an interesting theory Nigel.  Just wondering though.  Don’t you think the Adjuster can control the timing of fusion to suit God’s will?

André
    André
    Participant

Points of view …

Post #34799 Rick

... Maybe the great gap in divine presence was to provide that more ‘striking backdrop’ for Michael’s bestowal !

The only gap was one of visibility. And still it, Urantia never was used in its “misfortune” to provided an astonishing context for Michael”s bestowal. Misleads’s errors and its ungodly descent gulf caught His attention.

why was Urantia left without visible divinity for 30K years?

… seems a major case, whom generalize 7 Superuniverses;  i n v i s i b i l i t y.

Faith-vision (1:3.3) suggest as a prerequisite for a spiritual development.

To me, her error seems so small and insignificant (maybe because we are virtually numb to error and sin) compared to the monumental consequences. Then Adam, following her lead, caused another error …

… among readers of UB a lot pinpoint judicially/physically/spiritually the error of Eve. Yahhhhh !!! but prior to her error, Adam was a pain in the neck (75:0.1) it didn’t excuse an error.

Thanks Rick,

André

Richard E Warren
    Richard E Warren
    Participant

Points of view … Post #34799 Rick ... Maybe the great gap in divine presence was to provide that more ‘striking backdrop’ for Michael’s bestowal ! The only gap was one of visibility. And still it, Urantia never was used in its “misfortune” to provided an astonishing context for Michael”s bestowal. Misleads’s errors and its ungodly descent gulf caught His attention.

Ok, agreed, divine presence was NOT absent, just unseeable. But one has to ask, why did Urantia languish so long without the visible presence of the Father’s representatives on Earth (160,000 years after the first default, 33,000 after the second). Why couldn’t Adam and Eve have had more help well-knowing they were entering a quarantined planet? And if they had more help, if another son had been sent to replace the fallen Prince, would Urantia still have been chosen by Michael? So many questions, most will have to wait until we get to Mansonia, eh? 

why was Urantia left without visible divinity for 30K years? … seems a major case, whom generalize 7 Superuniverses; i n v i s i b i l i t y. Faith-vision (1:3.3) suggest as a prerequisite for a spiritual development.

Major indeed, a whole epoch or two!

To me, her error seems so small and insignificant (maybe because we are virtually numb to error and sin) compared to the monumental consequences. Then Adam, following her lead, caused another error … … among readers of UB a lot pinpoint judicially/physically/spiritually the error of Eve. Yahhhhh !!! but prior to her error, Adam was a pain in the neck (75:0.1) it didn’t excuse an error. Thanks Rick, André

Thanks André. Complaining like that to Eve must surely have influenced her bad decision, don’t you think? He was depressed, nothing went right, no matter how hard he tried.

Richard E Warren

André
    André
    Participant
    • Probably, specifics, determined situations must arise to favorise nursery’s agondonters.
    • Another Son was send, Christ Michael, he was not able to reverse our situation through snap of the fingers. Freewill prerogative.
    • Adam and Eve received pre-incarnation of Urantia, all the help necessary for their mission. They were even weighted spiritually suitable.

Traitorous Caligastia succeed to compromise A & E but failed involved them in rebellion. (51:3.4)

Nothing could surprise our God the Father, but us yessssss. Plans of God, syncronisation, orchestration of them will blows our minds … we’ll see how He personnify Wisdom.

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.