Question on The Tree of Life

Home Forums Urantia Book General Discussions Question on The Tree of Life

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    Richard E Warren
    Richard E Warren
    Participant

Greetings Forumite Friends!

Bonita, are you still monitoring this Forum? Wondering about your and anyone else’s take on this statement by Solonia in the Adam and Eve Papers:

73:6.7 (826.4) When the plans of the Material Son went astray, Adam and his family were not permitted to carry the core of the tree away from the Garden.

It wouldn’t have been any use to them, would it? They were already mentally ‘disjuncted’:

75:7.5 (845.5) 1. Adam and Eve, like their fellows on Jerusem, maintained immortal status through intellectual association with the mind-gravity circuit of the Spirit. When this vital sustenance is broken by mental disjunction, then, regardless of the spiritual level of creature existence, immortality status is lost. Mortal status followed by physical dissolution was the inevitable consequence of the intellectual default of Adam and Eve.

Thanks for any input on this. Love, Rick

Richard E Warren

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

Hi Rick.  Excellent question.

As I understand it, the tree of life is for physical immortality, meaning just the physical body rather than the mind.  While on earth they needed both the tree and the mind-gravity circuit to stay alive. Back on Jerusem they didn’t need the tree, just the mind-gravity circuit.  The tree is a necessary adjunct to the mind-gravity circuit when celestials become materialized.  I also think the tree had healing powers, but I might be reading into that.

Richard E Warren
    Richard E Warren
    Participant

Hi Rick. Excellent question. As I understand it, the tree of life is for physical immortality, meaning just the physical body rather than the mind. While on earth they needed both the tree and the mind-gravity circuit to stay alive. Back on Jerusem they didn’t need the tree, just the mind-gravity circuit. The tree is a necessary adjunct to the mind-gravity circuit when celestials become materialized. I also think the tree had healing powers, but I might be reading into that.

Thank you. Now those statements about A&E’s dual form/circulatory systems, food and light intake, make even more sense… Interesting to think about how their lives might have played out had they continued to eat the fruit without the complementary ministry of the mind circuit. Divine senility?!?

Richard E Warren

Richard E Warren
    Richard E Warren
    Participant

… I also think the tree had healing powers, but I might be reading into that.

Why? It didn’t much help the Nodites who invaded the abandoned Garden. That doesn’t, of course, negate your supposition about healing power for A&E.

(826.4) 73:6.7 …They ate freely of the fruit for years, but it did nothing for them; they were all material mortals of the realm; they lacked that endowment which acted as a complement to the fruit of the tree. They became enraged at their inability to benefit from the tree of life, and in connection with one of their internal wars, the temple and the tree were both destroyed by fire; only the stone wall stood until the Garden was subsequently submerged. This was the second temple of the Father to perish.

Richard E Warren

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

Read Paper 73, Section 6.

The fruit was antidotal to physical aging so its value was as a form of physical and medical treatment to sustain the body.  But it provided no benefit or effect to wholly evolutionary human bodies.

Remember, both Van and Amadon had bodies which were more than evolutionary but not the Nodites after so many generations.  Adam and Eve were specifically deprived of those attributes which responded to the space energy antidote upon default.

Odd, but the text says the leaves of the Tree of Life were for the  “healing of the nations”…whatever that means.

Mark Kurtz
    Participant

Bradly, apparently the leaves are a gift from the three Most Highs who rule in the nations. We could extrapolate and spread “imagination jam” over slices of life bread empowering our mysteries and then foresee that if the A & E default had not happened, perhaps nation healing would be much easier if the Tree of Life would be maintained forever.  After all is said, look at those persons who were privileged to eat the fruit. We need a lot more of those types today!!!!!!!!! Its fun to guess sometimes!

Richard E Warren
    Richard E Warren
    Participant

…Odd, but the text says the leaves of the Tree of Life were for the “healing of the nations”…whatever that means.

Hmm….interesting point Bradly… Maybe it’s metaphorical or symbolic of the utopian ages ahead??

Richard E Warren

Gene
    Participant

Hmm….interesting point Bradly… Maybe it’s metaphorical or symbolic of the utopian ages ahead??

Oh no, not that.

the tree needed dirt to grow? Dirt on architectural spheres?

Richard E Warren
    Richard E Warren
    Participant

…Oh no, not that. the tree needed dirt to grow? Dirt on architectural spheres?

Maybe, Gene. There are lots of gardens on those spheres. No soil needed?

…If you enjoy the flowers, shrubs, and trees of Urantia, then will you feast your eyes upon the botanical beauty and the floral grandeur of the supernal gardens of Edentia. 43:6.8

Richard E Warren

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

I’m pretty sure the healing of the nations is from Revelations.  The tree of life grew on either side of the river of the water of life in the writer’s vision.  It’s supposed to be about the New Jerusalem, the city of God.  It happens to be one of the most moving pieces of literature I’ve ever read about the indwelling God.

1. And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
    2. And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
    3. And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
    4. And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.
    5. And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.
    6. He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.
    Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

If you get a chance listen to “And I Saw a New Heaven” by Edgar Bainton.  Pay particular attention to the intensely beautiful  tenor line “. . .  and God shall wipe away all tears”.  It’s stunning, tear invoking joy.

Richard E Warren
    Richard E Warren
    Participant

If you get a chance listen to “And I Saw a New Heaven” by Edgar Bainton. Pay particular attention to the intensely beautiful tenor line “. . . and God shall wipe away all tears”. It’s stunning, tear invoking joy.

Hauntingly beautiful. Angelic! Thank you. And I Saw a New Heaven by Edgar Bainton

Richard E Warren

chucksmith1982
    Participant

Perhaps we can infer what would have happened by looking at what actually happened.

As stated above, the Nodites invaded the garden. They had heard, or at least we can infer that they had, that those who ate the tree would be immortal.

Now let us, for the sake of argument, assume that Adam and Eve had been permited to take the tree. Based on what happened, can we infer what would have happened?

They take the tree. They live long lives. The tree grows and becomes intangled in the folklore of A and Es’ decendants. They eat the fruit thinking, as the Nodites did, to become immortal. They fail as the Nodites did, but not before…

Civil war in the family, perhaps after A and Es’ death… all over the tree?

Just my thoughts

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

I think all the Adamites in the Garden knew the Tree of Life held no benefit or effect for them any longer.  Adam and Eve certainly would have.  Even the Nodites came to know this fact and abandoned the myth.

Richard E Warren
    Richard E Warren
    Participant

I’m pretty sure the healing of the nations is from Revelations. The tree of life grew on either side of the river of the water of life in the writer’s vision. It’s supposed to be about the New Jerusalem, the city of God. It happens to be one of the most moving pieces of literature I’ve ever read about the indwelling God.

1. And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
    2. And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
    3. And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
    4. And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.
    5. And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.
    6. He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.

Thank you.

Richard E Warren

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.