Purpose to everything

Home Forums Urantia Book General Discussions Purpose to everything

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Urantia is an experimental planet. Experiments are performed in laboratories. Urantia is a laboratory.

36:2.15 The life now evolving on Urantia was planned and partially worked out on this very world, for Urantia is a decimal planet, a life-experiment world. On one world in each ten a greater variance in the standard life designs is permitted than on the other (nonexperimental) worlds.

This is true.  Therefore, we might consider ourselves or some of us as lab rats, where based on the experiment, different results are forthcoming.  This implies that not all results can be applied to every experiment, or individual, allowing for different applications to apply to different subjects.  Thereby, not all results may apply to everyone the same way, being dynamic and not static, or subjective and not objective to all or the whole.  “Different strokes for different folks.”

Gene
    Participant

And then there are the mind stimulaters; the Guardian Saraphem that indwell the mind.

but they are not for everyone I think, just those who have made the supreme decision to do Gods will or those that attain third circle??

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant
    Gene wrote: And then there are the mind stimulaters; the Guardian Saraphem that indwell the mind.

Gene, angels cannot indwell the mind.  They work outside the mind even though they know what’s going on inside the mind.

p1245:7  113:5.1  Angels do not invade the sanctity of the human mind; they do not manipulate the will of mortals; neither do they directly contact with the indwelling Adjusters. The guardian of destiny influences you in every possible manner consistent with the dignity of your personality; under no circumstances do these angels interfere with the free action of the human will. Neither angels nor any other order of universe personality have power or authority to curtail or abridge the prerogatives of human choosing.

p1245:1 113:4.1 The guardian seraphim are not mind, though they do spring from the same source that also gives origin to mortal mind, the Creative Spirit. Seraphim are mind stimulators; they continually seek to promote circle-making decisions in human mind. They do this, not as does the Adjuster, operating from within and through the soul, but rather from the outside inward, working through the social, ethical, and moral environment of human beings. Seraphim are not the divine Adjuster lure of the Universal Father, but they do function as the personal agency of the ministry of the Infinite Spirit.

113:4.2 Mortal man, subject to Adjuster leading, is also amenable to seraphic guidance. The Adjuster is the essence of man’s eternal nature; the seraphim is the teacher of man’s evolving nature – in this life the mortal mind, in the next the morontia soul. On the mansion worlds you will be conscious and aware of seraphic instructors, but in the first life men are usually unaware of them.

but they are not for everyone I think, just those who have made the supreme decision to do Gods will or those that attain third circle??

Every one has a guardian angel, but most are shared with others, they’re called group guardians and are assigned according to circle mastery.  Once you get to the third circle, you get a pair of personal guardian angels all to yourself and they’re called destiny guardians.

(1242.2) 113:1.7 Human beings in the initial or seventh circle have one guardian angel with one company of assisting cherubim assigned to the watchcare and custody of one thousand mortals. In the sixth circle, a seraphic pair with one company of cherubim is assigned to guide these ascending mortals in groups of five hundred. When the fifth circle is attained, human beings are grouped in companies of approximately one hundred, and a pair of guardian seraphim with a group of cherubim is placed in charge. Upon attainment of the fourth circle, mortal beings are assembled in groups of ten, and again charge is given to a pair of seraphim, assisted by one company of cherubim.

(1242.3) 113:1.8 When a mortal mind breaks through the inertia of animal legacy and attains the third circle of human intellectuality and acquired spirituality, a personal angel (in reality two) will henceforth be wholly and exclusively devoted to this ascending mortal. And thus these human souls, in addition to the ever-present and increasingly efficient indwelling Thought Adjusters, receive the undivided assistance of these personal guardians of destiny in all their efforts to finish the third circle, traverse the second, and attain the first.

André
    André
    Participant

Résultats de recherche d'images pour « mute face » 3 weeks unable to edit … now is working.

G’day everyone,
    Gene you shouldn’t be bothered about the consequences after you express yourself.
    Leave it to God and look what happened. (post . 22273)
    Bonita and MidiChlorian reacts and answered your thread. In their cosmic insights 16:6.9they intuitively respond at this innate, infallible endowments of the human mind. 16:6.11 Cosmic thinking.
    The consequences of your post, Bonita answered one of my experiential questions.
    What is the source of my thoughts?
    In brotherhood,
    André

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant
    andré wrote: The consequences of your thread, Bonita answered one of my experiential questions. What is the source of my thoughts?

I did?  What did I write?  I have to say that the mind (and thinking) is one of my most favorite topics, along with the soul (which is another minded level).  I’ve been a bit obsessed with it for a long while now.  There’s so much in TUB about it and much of it is new information.  It’s fantastic stuff.  You really have to throw out all you believe you know about it and start from scratch.  Who knew, before TUB, that mind is borrowed?  That one little factoid has so much information packed into it, you could build a doctoral thesis around it.  It gives a whole new perspective to reality!  Be careful and loving about what you think! The whole universe is in on it.

Gene
    Participant

Always love this statement:

even on Urantia these seraphim teach the everlasting truth: if your own mind does not serve you well, you can exchange it for the mind of Jesus of Nazareth who always serves you well.

i could easily take this as a metaphor but the author expresses it as an everlasting truth. What is really happening here? Seems we have a choice of which mind we can borrow?? And when we talk mind I always think of the infinite spirit.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

The Jesus mind exchange quote is one of my favorites too.  There is another quote almost identical to it which also explains the technique:

102:4.1 Because of the presence in your minds of the Thought Adjuster, it is no more of a mystery for you to know the mind of God than for you to be sure of the consciousness of knowing any other mind, human or superhuman. Religion and social consciousness have this in common: They are predicated on the consciousness of other-mindness. The technique whereby you can accept another’s idea as yours is the same whereby you may “let the mind which was in Christ be also in you.”

Consciousness of other-than-self operating alongside consciousness of self is inside everybody’s head.  There are always thoughts other than your own in your head. (And no, there are no demons in there.)  Those thoughts have to do with spiritual meanings, aka spiritualized thoughts. You just have to discover them and recognize them, which is called spiritual insight:

196:3.10 The human mind does not create real values; human experience does not yield universe insight. Concerning insight, the recognition of moral values and the discernment of spiritual meanings, all that the human mind can do is to discoverrecognize, interpret, and choose.

Discovery is through the gateway to the soul triggered by prayer.  Prayer is what the angels stimulate us to do by setting up moral issues in our lives which need to be solved by seeking the “mind which was in Christ”.  Christ is in your soul.  If you want to exchange your material mind for his, you have to get to the soul. (Incidentally, that’s what the transfer of dominance is all about.)

p1245:4 113:4.4 The impulse of worship largely originates in the spirit promptings of the higher mind adjutants, reinforced by the leadings of the Adjuster. But the urge to pray so often experienced by God-conscious mortals very often arises as the result of seraphic influence. The guarding seraphim is constantly manipulating the mortal environment for the purpose of augmenting the cosmic insight of the human ascender to the end that such a survival candidate may acquire enhanced realization of the presence of the indwelling Adjuster and thus be enabled to yield increased co-operation with the spiritual mission of the divine presence.

Gene
    Participant

102:4.1 Because of the presence in your minds of the Thought Adjuster, it is no more of a mystery for you to know the mind of God than for you to be sure of the consciousness of knowing any other mind, human or superhuman. Religion and social consciousness have this in common: They are predicated on the consciousness of other-mindness. The technique whereby you can accept another’s idea as yours is the same whereby you may “let the mind which was in Christ be also in you.”

Quite a statement.

the social aspect of this is a little scary. I would believe some involvement of the spirit of truth should be happening along with some personal ego issues.

it don’t happen very often to me

Anonymous
    Inactive

102:4.1 Because of the presence in your minds of the Thought Adjuster, it is no more of a mystery for you to know the mind of God than for you to be sure of the consciousness of knowing any other mind, human or superhuman. Religion and social consciousness have this in common: They are predicated on the consciousness of other-mindness. The technique whereby you can accept another’s idea as yours is the same whereby you may “let the mind which was in Christ be also in you.

Quite a statement.

the social aspect of this is a little scary. I would believe some involvement of the spirit of truth should be happening along with some personal ego issues.

it don’t happen very often to me

Actually “Gene” if you analysis this UB narration you may apply it to “predictive profiling“, “body language” and even “offender profiling“, where this type of observation would have been a method used by Jesus to better understand his students and advisories.  These, practices can be learned but there are some individuals who come by these abilities more naturally.  Observation and study of persons within various environments and circumstances can present a certain understanding of what their mind may be capable of or actually thinking, and even reflect sub- or un- conscious desires and possible behavior.  With proper questioning, answers can tend to indicate certain personality profiles which can be used to interact with others, and sometimes draw-out information needed for better evaluation.

In many cases these profiles and body language techniques are best available with personal interface, but other areas are available, like writing style, verbal and direct responses, from specific inquiry, which may indicate an accurate understanding of a persons personality, via distinct patterns.  These techniques are used by government agencies, to identify persons of interest, and can also be used in personal interactions.

Therefore, if Jesus used this type of profiling, it stands to reason that others can use the same method He did, but would require being very observant, and having some interaction in order to affirm one’s observations as being accurate.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant
    Gene wrote: I would believe some involvement of the spirit of truth should be happening along with some personal ego issues.

Definitely issues abound.  Whenever you border on the supernatural, you get nutty people with ego issues.  I think there are more unbalanced people attracted to religion than balanced people, but perhaps my experience is stilted.  Don’t know.  I do know that the nuttiest of all people I’ve ever met outside of an asylum is in the Urantia Book community.  They’re the tops when it comes to ADS (Adjuster Derangement Syndrome).

Gene
    Participant

Thank you for the links

love the ADS acronym and I tend to agree based on one I know in Sedona that goes back to the mid 70’s

hes definitely not an apostle or the planetary embodiment of Melchizedek with supreme authority

again, it’s scary stuff because people like that have followers

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant
    Gene wrote:  it’s scary stuff because people like that have followers

I’ve always been grateful that God doesn’t hold stupidity against us.  It’s easy to be duped . . .  like very time a I buy one of those “as seen on TV” items.  Who knows why I fall for crap as often as I do, but I do.  It’s wishful thinking I think.  It seems to be a very human problem.  Poor Jesus had to put up with it all the time.  His apostles couldn’t shake it even after spending so much time with him telling them otherwise.  So often we want to see only what we want to see, and that’s that. Self-deception is an enormous pitfall.  A sneaky, slippery pitfall.

102:2.7 Evolutionary man does not naturally relish hard work. To keep pace in his life experience with the impelling demands and the compelling urges of a growing religious experience means incessant activity in spiritual growth, intellectual expansion, factual enlargement, and social service. There is no real religion apart from a highly active personality. Therefore do the more indolent of men often seek to escape the rigors of truly religious activities by a species of ingenious selfdeception through resorting to a retreat to the false shelter of stereotyped religious doctrines and dogmas. But true religion is alive. Intellectual crystallization of religious concepts is the equivalent of spiritual death. You cannot conceive of religion without ideas, but when religion once becomes reduced only to an idea, it is no longer religion; it has become merely a species of human philosophy.

Gene
    Participant

Now I’m thinking about the roll that mind plays in memory

i just finished being able to play Beethovens Pathique on piano completely by memory.

it took a very long time.

im watching my fingers while I think about this thread while hearing music. It all seems like it happens without much thinking, almost automatic in a way.

is it rote that burned all of the hand finger motions into my physical brain that is connected to my hands (and) or is mind somehow involved.

And then there is all of the subtle nuances that exhibit my interpretation and the emotions that result.

and then there is the insturment- the broader the tonal dynamic range, the better the action is regulated the more expressive it can be.

mind in the hands of the tuning regulating voicing craft?

facinating to think about.

jesus loved the harp.

Nigel Nunn
    Participant

Beautiful, thanks Gene.  Even more so when we pause to consider that this sort of “mind-over-matter” must have been utterly unimaginable to the dwellers in Havona before Someone said,

“Let us make mortal man..”

Splendid!

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

Thanks Gene!!  Poetic and evocative.  I was once a musician and cannot wait for the mansion worlds to play Dixie Land and the blues brilliantly on a horn.

I’ve heard artists, musicians, and athletes all claim that once trained, the brain actually gets in the way of performance.  But I love what you said about “mind” as distinct from brain.  I think pure artistry is an expression of mind through body and the muscle/auto memory of reflex expresses skill and intent more clearly and in a more focused way.  The brain helps learn the skill but the pure mind best expresses the skill set which is formed by learning, rehearsal, and repitition?

Anyway….thanks for such an expression.  And congratulations on such an accomplishment….and wonderment!

Bradly

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 60 total)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.