Destinies of Ascending Sons

Home Forums Urantia Book General Discussions Destinies of Ascending Sons

Tagged: 

Viewing 7 posts - 61 through 67 (of 67 total)
  • Author
    Mara
    Mara
    Participant

And here are interesting remarks of Jesus in his “Discourse on Sonship and Citizenship” (P. 1929) where he warns his trusted followers against drifting into “ease,” among other things, and, the work of the angels in the case that ease-drifting is noted to be occurring.

178:1:10  “Under the soon-coming persecutions by those who hate this gospel of joy and liberty, you will thrive and the kingdom will prosper. But you will stand in grave danger in subsequent times when most men will speak well of kingdom believers and many in high places nominally accept the gospel of the heavenly kingdom. Learn to be faithful to the kingdom even in times of peace and prosperity. Tempt not the angels of your supervision to lead you in troublous ways as a loving discipline designed to save your ease-drifting souls.”
    Ease-seeking is one of those animal vestigial traits, as mentioned here in reference to the morontia career just ahead for mortal candidates for eternal survival .
    48:5:8  One of the purposes of the morontia career is to effect the permanent eradication from the mortal survivors of such animal vestigial traits as procrastination, equivocation, insincerity, problem avoidance, unfairness, and ease seeking. The mansonia life early teaches the young morontia pupils that postponement is in no sense avoidance. After the life in the flesh, time is no longer available as a technique of dodging situations or of circumventing disagreeable obligations.
    Mara
    Mara
    Participant

What are other advantages  so freely provided in and by the Paradise plan for mortal survival?  What other gifts are we given?  Survival is a gift.

110:2:2  They are persistent, ingenious, and perfect in their methods of work, but they never do violence to the volitional selfhood of their hosts. No human being will ever be spiritualized by a divine Monitor against his will; survival is a gift of the Gods which must be desired by the creatures of time. In the final analysis, whatever the Adjuster has succeeded in doing for you, the records will show that the transformation has been accomplished with your co-operative consent; you will have been a willing partner with the Adjuster in the attainment of every step of the tremendous transformation of the ascension career.

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

I have been blessed to find our true destiny in the Papers which provides for a philosophy of living today that brings forth that set of gifts known as the fruits of the spirit.  These gifts are a function of reality recognition and response….they are not created or earned but come forth as a natural consequence of living….right choosing and acting in response to love….we are given the gift of love and when we freely give that gift to others, such sharing and caring delivers us peace of mind, happiness, joy, patience, courage, gentleness, and assurance of destiny.

In one way, I suppose these fruits are a measure of our maturity and experience in the psychic circles, but in another way they are also a gift or reward – an effect of cause – that promotes further cause and effect upon the pilgrim’s path of progress.  So much of our ascendency is a growing engagement of ever greater circuitry connectivity….the more connected we become, the more effective we are and the more fruit appears upon our branch of this living vine.   When we truly believe in Father and His love and His friendly universe and our own destiny, we must act upon such a glorious truth and by so acting in response to this recognition of reality….all good gifts come to us in ever new and more powerful manifestations, and help us to become more and more like and an expression of our Creator.

We are given everything good…and that which we receive so freely we are simply to share….in joy.

:-)

Mara
    Mara
    Participant

I have been blessed to find our true destiny in the Papers. . . .

Me too – the gift of epochal revelation in book form.  Page 1. . .

0:0:1 IN THE MINDS of the mortals of Urantia — that being the name of your world — there exists great confusion respecting the meaning of such terms as God, divinity, and deity. Human beings are still more confused and uncertain about the relationships of the divine personalities designated by these numerous appellations. Because of this conceptual poverty associated with so much ideational confusion, I have been directed to formulate this introductory statement in explanation of the meanings which should be attached to certain word symbols as they may be hereinafter used in those papers which the Orvonton corps of truth revealers have been authorized to translate into the English language of Urantia.
    0:0:2  It is exceedingly difficult to present enlarged concepts and advanced truth, in our endeavor to expand cosmic consciousness and enhance spiritual perception, when we are restricted to the use of a circumscribed language of the realm. But our mandate admonishes us to make every effort to convey our meanings by using the word symbols of the English tongue. We have been instructed to introduce new terms only when the concept to be portrayed finds no terminology in English which can be employed to convey such a new concept partially or even with more or less distortion of meaning.
    0:0:3  In the hope of facilitating comprehension and of preventing confusion on the part of every mortal who may peruse these papers, we deem it wise to present in this initial statement an outline of the meanings to be attached to numerous English words which are to be employed in designation of Deity and certain associated concepts of the things, meanings, and values of universal reality.
    0:0:4  But in order to formulate this Foreword of definitions and limitations of terminology, it is necessary to anticipate the usage of these terms in the subsequent presentations. This Foreword is not, therefore, a finished statement within itself; it is only a definitive guide designed to assist those who shall read the accompanying papers dealing with Deity and the universe of universes which have been formulated by an Orvonton commission sent to Urantia for this purpose.
    Mara
    Mara
    Participant

Did you know that sonship is a gift?

144:4:3  In all praying, remember that sonship is a gift. No child has aught to do with earning the status of son or daughter. The earth child comes into being by the will of its parents. Even so, the child of God comes into grace and the new life of the spirit by the will of the Father in heaven. Therefore must the kingdom of heaven — divine sonship — be received as by a little child. You earn righteousness — progressive character development — but you receive sonship by grace and through faith.
    Mara
    Mara
    Participant

Did you know salvation is a gift?

150:5:3  “Salvation is the gift of the Father and is revealed by his Sons. Acceptance by faith on your part makes you a partaker of the divine nature, a son or a daughter of God. By faith you are justified; by faith are you saved; and by this same faith are you eternally advanced in the way of progressive and divine perfection. By faith was Abraham justified and made aware of salvation by the teachings of Melchizedek. All down through the ages has this same faith saved the sons of men, but now has a Son come forth from the Father to make salvation more real and acceptable.”
    150:5:5  In summing up his final statement, Jesus said: “You cannot buy salvation; you cannot earn righteousness. Salvation is the gift of God, and righteousness is the natural fruit of the spirit-born life of sonship in the kingdom. You are not to be saved because you live a righteous life; rather is it that you live a righteous life because you have already been saved, have recognized sonship as the gift of God and service in the kingdom as the supreme delight of life on earth. When men believe this gospel, which is a revelation of the goodness of God, they will be led to voluntary repentance of all known sin. Realization of sonship is incompatible with the desire to sin. Kingdom believers hunger for righteousness and thirst for divine perfection.”
    Mara
    Mara
    Participant

Salvation is a free gift to all, as explained by Jesus:

167:5:1  On the way to Judea Jesus was followed by a company of almost fifty of his friends and enemies. At their noon lunchtime, on Wednesday, he talked to his apostles and this group of followers on the “Terms of Salvation,” and at the end of this lesson told the parable of the Pharisee and the publican (a tax collector). Said Jesus: “You see, then, that the Father gives salvation to the children of men, and this salvation is a free gift to all who have the faith to receive sonship in the divine family. There is nothing man can do to earn this salvation. Works of self-righteousness cannot buy the favor of God, and much praying in public will not atone for lack of living faith in the heart. Men you may deceive by your outward service, but God looks into your souls. What I am telling you is well illustrated by two men who went into the temple to pray, the one a Pharisee and the other a publican. The Pharisee stood and prayed to himself: ‘O God, I thank you that I am not like the rest of men, extortioners, unlearned, unjust, adulterers, or even like this publican. I fast twice a week; I give tithes of all that I get.’ But the publican, standing afar off, would not so much as lift his eyes to heaven but smote his breast, saying, ‘God be merciful to me a sinner.’ I tell you that the publican went home with God’s approval rather than the Pharisee, for every one who exalts himself shall be humbled, but he who humbles himself shall be exalted.”

Viewing 7 posts - 61 through 67 (of 67 total)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.