another mind thing

Home Forums Urantia Book General Discussions another mind thing

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 148 total)
  • Author
    Van Amadon
    Van Amadon
    Participant

Any music in a cave would likely be very irritating. not many resonant friquencies in rock.

“It’s only rock and roll but I like it!”

The Rolling Stones

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

Thank you Gene for your tenacity and focus….sorry your topic got hijacked….but that’s how trolls operate….interruption, distraction, disharmony, accusations, misstatements and distortion of text, tangents, and the insertion of falsehoods along the way.

Students must be willing to persist despite such efforts…as you have so eloquently done so.  Thanks again!  So glad you are here.

Bradly

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

Thank you Gene for your tenacity and focus….sorry your topic got hijacked….but that’s how trolls operate….interruption, distraction, disharmony, accusations, misstatements and distortion of text, tangents, and the insertion of falsehoods along the way. Students must be willing to persist despite such efforts…as you have so eloquently done so. Thanks again! So glad you are here. Bradly

I will ditto that.  Thanks to both of you.  It’s a pleasure to study with you.

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

Weird…..I had just replied to toto at TA this morning and came back here to read your suggestion Bonita….I mean within 60 seconds!!  Thanks for all your encouragement and your patience over the years Bonita.  I’ve never had a better mentor and teacher….UB or otherwise.

I find the insidious and clever insertions of doubts and fears and judgement of others the most dangerous of all elements on the UB Forums and social media…it becomes a poisonous and debilitating fog of corruption and makes the sincere student cautious or even prevent sincere students from joining in….too bad.   May all who are sincere find the courage to push back against those who misstate, misquote, twist, torment, revise, or hold themselves above others….with the clearly written UB as their primary source for correcting such evil.   These folks have motive to beguile and the intention to deceive.  A lesson in discernment for us all and how to respond in meaningful ways for the greatest good for the greatest number.  I have much to learn about being gracious and tactful in such affairs.  But I have no problem objecting….hahahaha!!

VA/nod seems most amused with himself….or deliriously deluded regarding how to carry on conversation….or remain on point.  He is the most unresponsive if prolific of posters…..and just to be clear….not funny.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant
    Bradly wrote:  These folks have motive to beguile and the intention to deceive.

I agree that there are quite a few who fall into this category, but I’m not sure everyone does.  There are some who present only partial information which they have plucked out to fit into their personal worldview.  It might work for them, at least temporarily, but is not truly representative of what is written in TUB.  What I find most annoying and disconcerting is the insistence that partial information should be accepted by all despite clear evidence to the contrary within the written pages of the book.  Thankfully this revelation is given to us in print and not by word of mouth so such distortion really cannot last long.

The other thing I find a bit startling is that there is absolutely no respect for those who have taken the time for extensive study and scholarship.  Why is study and scholarship so disdained?  Why is it that these so-called wizards don’t know that study and scholarship is part of utilizing all three of the cosmic mind reality responses which contributes to a balanced mind and a balanced personality?

I’m not willing to say that everyone has the motive to deceive, but some certainly do.  I think if someone is self-deceived they have no choice but to teach deception.  It’s the blind leading the blind thing.  The biggest hurdle is convincing someone they’re self-deceived.  So far, I haven’t found a reliable way to do that. Posting quotes is a waste of time.  Lengthy explanations of quotes proves to make things more tangled up.  The more you do, the worse it gets.  But, then there’s that quote which tells us to be invigorated by the presence of difficulties and to exercise faith in the challenge of the inexplicable.  So we carry on!  It’s a nasty job, but someone has to do it . . .  so they say.

Bradly wrote: VA/nod seems most amused with himself….or deliriously deluded regarding how to carry on conversation….or remain on point.  He is the most unresponsive if prolific of posters…..and just to be clear….not funny.

Yeah, there’s one example.  I think someone called it inanity.  It’s a defense mechanism.  Every time he gets caught in a misinformation snag, he resorts to a peculiar form of humor, hoping to get you off the scent.  I think, at it’s core, it is cowardly and it doesn’t work.  You’re right, it’s not funny.  It’s sad.  But I do have quite a collection of Van/nodisms now which do give me quite a chuckle, especially after drinking a glass of wine.

Bradly wrote:  Weird…..I had just replied to toto at TA this morning and came back here to read your suggestion Bonita….I mean within 60 seconds!!

Good thing you’re devoted to service Bradly.  I was really hoping someone with accurate information would help that person.  You found some of the quotes I was looking for and gave up on.  Great job, thanks.

Van Amadon
    Van Amadon
    Participant

“You will learn that you increase your burdens and decrease the likelihood of success by taking yourself too seriously”

48:6.37

I’m talking to myself. Don’t get excited. It’s very amusing that I get hammered all the time for sharing things I’ve learned from studying the Urantia Book and experiencing life. When I make statements about what it all means to me, some apparently don’t like it, but that won’t keep me from promoting the positive things in life. Some of you have said some very unkind things to me, along with a lot of ridicule and belittlement. Say what you say about what the Urantia Book says all day, it’s the manner of how you put your fragrance on display that speaks to something else.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

“The harder you struggle to describe what you don’t know, the more you become what isn’t true.” nodAmanaV, Tue Sep 20, 2016

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

“In other words, the more trouble and pain, the better it is.” nodAmanaV, Sat Sep 03, 2016

Van Amadon
    Van Amadon
    Participant

“He was given to holding grudges; he was always entertaining the idea of revenge.”

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

“Say what you say about what the Urantia Book says all day, it’s the manner of how you put your fragrance on display that speaks to something else.” VanAmadon, UAI, October 21, 2016

Van Amadon
    Van Amadon
    Participant

“True religion does not belittle”

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

103:5.7 The pursuit of the ideal – the striving to be Godlike – is a continuous effort before death and after. The life after death is no different in the essentials than the mortal existence. Everything we do in this life which is good contributes directly to the enhancement of the future life. Real religion does not foster moral indolence and spiritual laziness by encouraging the vain hope of having all the virtues of a noble character bestowed upon one as a result of passing through the portals of natural death. True religion does not belittle man’s efforts to progress during the mortal lease on life. Every mortal gain is a direct contribution to the enrichment of the first stages of the immortal survival experience.

“The Dangers of the Urantia Book are of a deep spiritual nature.” nodAmanaV, TB, Mon Sep 12, 2016

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

“True religion does not belittle”, VanAmadon, UAI, October 21, 2016

“I’m afraid you’ll need certification from the resident Bonitian and Bradlynian sensorship board of what the Urantia Book says, you can say. Without it you’ll get a spanking.” VanAmadon, UAI, October 15, 2016

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

“True religion does not belittle”, VanAmadon, UAI, October 21, 2016

“Oh brother Bonita, you’re beginning to feel like a toothache. Where’s my pliers?”, VanAmadon, UAI, October 16, 2016

Van Amadon
    Van Amadon
    Participant

“true religion is founded on mercy”

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 148 total)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.