another mind thing

Home Forums Urantia Book General Discussions another mind thing

Viewing 13 posts - 136 through 148 (of 148 total)
  • Author
    nelsong
    Participant

So – What is True Religion?

No book references allowed. Just tell it from your heart.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant
    VanAmadon wrote:“true religion is founded on mercy”
    The real quote:
    132:4.8 Meeting a poor man who had been falsely accused, Jesus went with him before the magistrate and, having been granted special permission to appear in his behalf, made that superb address in the course of which he said: “Justice makes a nation great, and the greater a nation the more solicitous will it be to see that injustice shall not befall even its most humble citizen. Woe upon any nation when only those who possess money and influence can secure ready justice before its courts! It is the sacred duty of a magistrate to acquit the innocent as well as to punish the guilty. Upon the impartiality, fairness, and integrity of its courts the endurance of a nation depends. Civil government is founded on justice, even as true religion is founded on mercy.” The judge reopened the case, and when the evidence had been sifted, he discharged the prisoner. Of all Jesus’ activities during these days of personal ministry, this came the nearest to being a public appearance.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

So – What is True Religion?

True religion is a relationship between the creature and the Creator.  It is a living experience of dedicated loyalty to Diety.  True religion results in the desire for divinity attainment. It is a life of wholehearted devotion to supreme values and loving service, a life lived in the constant presence of God.   Among other things.

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

I would add that the unique and personalized expression of that relationship and our faith is integral to the “experience” as well.   To be “true”, true religion must profoundly affect, change, and guide our motive for living, our intentions in our choosing, our priorities in the daily walk and our response at every intersection of situation, circumstance, and relationship in our daily walk.

Religion is dynamic and transformative….and the evidence for our faith, relationship to Spirit, and our expressions of those are the fruits of the Spirit.  True religion becomes the very fountain of our hoping, thinking, being….and doing.

I look forward to more…….

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

“True religion does not belittle”, VanAmadon, UAI, October 21, 2016
    “I’m afraid you’ll need certification from the resident Bonitian and Bradlynian sensorship board of what the Urantia Book says, you can say. Without it you’ll get a spanking.” VanAmadon, UAI, October 15, 2016

VanAmadon wrote:
    YOU ARE THE UPLIFT! All those who want to play ball that is, instead of sitting the bench with the Major League Rule Book in their face. It looks real funny to be in the dugout with the team uniform on, reading the fine print of the rules of the game like a lawyer, over and over again, instead of playing in the game of the ages. Try not to cut off your nose to spite your face Bonita while obsessing on the percieved poppycock of others. Weren’t you thanking God for not being perfect?

Perhaps VA/nod thinks he is writing with disappearing ink?  Insult others, blame others for our own behavior, and seem to have no awareness of those words or behaviors…..and then whine about it when challenged.   A curious display indeed….”another mind thing”.

Anonymous
    Inactive

… study and scholarship is part of utilizing all three of the cosmic mind reality responses which contributes to a balanced mind and a balanced personality?

Sometimes, there are physical disabilities that can effect anyone regardless of having a “balanced mind and a balanced personality”; for the most part we all have something that can affect use be they physical or emotional.  The problem could be that we don’t know what may be considered “balanced”?  Bonita, I must admit that you seem to be functioning pretty good since your disabling issue which kept you from working in you studied profession.  If I recall correctly, from the old forum you mentioned that you had some kind neurological issue that kept half of your brain from functioning correctly, wasn’t it Vern who had mentioned that had a similar issue and you acknowledge him with your history, but then there was the old-old-forum which you also mentioned it.  Nevertheless, I must admit that you really seem to have compensated for this issue, but having gone through all of this, you should also have a better understanding of what others may be going through, even when only the issue of everyday living or life?  For me it has been dealing with dyslexia but what I found out is that it can be an enhancement to what may be considered as normal because I know that I need to read things slowly because words sometimes change while I’m reading and have to go back over it many times.  But, this sometimes gives me a different perspective because I have been tested to be able to recognize three-dimensional patterns from two-dimensional objects.  They said that this allows me to think in multi-dimensional ways that others cannot, or have not been able to recognize.  Anyway, that’s what my testers told me. Have any of your abilities been enhanced do to your disability?

Gene
    Participant

Finding God.

will it still be called religion on the mansions?

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

will it still be called religion on the mansions?

That’s a question for Rick.  But it’s my opinion that we will be speaking a different language on the mansion worlds and there will be many different words for what we call religion here.  Even in TUB religion is described in many different ways using different words.  I once made a list of every quote that had the words: “religion is” and “true religion is”.  I have pages and pages of quotes.  The revelators have found hundreds of ways to define religion, which tells me that there won’t be one word for it in the next life, and those words will have mota meanings.

My favorite:

155:5.5  3. True religion—the religion of revelation. The revelation of supernatural values, a partial insight into eternal realities, a glimpse of the goodness and beauty of the infinite character of the Father in heaven—the religion of the spirit as demonstrated in human experience.

If true religion is the religion of revelation of supernatural values, and if the religion of revelation is dependent upon one’s capacity for receptivity of the supernatural level of reality, then true religion will probably always be growing and progressing in the ascension career.  True religion, like revelation and truth, is alive, therefore it will always be moving and changing, growing and progressing with new meanings.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

Perhaps VA/nod thinks he is writing with disappearing ink?  Insult others, blame others for our own behavior, and seem to have no awareness of those words or behaviors…..and then whine about it when challenged.   A curious display indeed….”another mind thing”.

I think you mean “blame others for your own behavior” right?  That’s what I was trying to point out before.  Lucifer and Caligastia were told many, many times that their thinking was becoming dangerous but they turned it around and accused their mentors of having dangerous thinking.  Isn’t that the way it is with some people?  Those who are suspicious blame others of being suspicious.  Those who are lazy accuse others of being lazy.  When Van/nod condemns people for sitting on the bench reading the “rule book”, he’s actually guilty of the same exact thing and is projecting his own guilt onto others.  Have you noticed that he prefers to use quote-speak.  He’s forever quoting the “rule book”, which means that he must be sitting on the bench going over the “rule book” word by word, like a lawyer.  I find it ironic that someone who constantly bashes a book can’t find anything useful to say unless it’s written in the book he’s bashing.  And now he’s clipping quotes, taking fragments of sentences, and using them as his own voice.  That boggles the mind.  And the more you point it out the more defensive he becomes.  I’m not sure what to do about it, so in such circumstances my inclination is to just ignore the person.  The problem is, I ignored the troll and he got worse and worse and worse because he hated being ignored.  Will the same thing happen here?  I’m at a loss.

Gene
    Participant

I have pages and pages of quotes.

You are amazing.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

You are amazing.

Not really, especially when you consider I’ve been retired for almost 20 years.  I have a lot of time to do the things I like to do.

Gene
    Participant

You are amazing.

Not really, especially when you consider I’ve been retired for almost 20 years. I have a lot of time to do the things I like to do.

well it’s pretty obvious that such intense study pays dividends for more than you.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

Thank you Gene.  It really makes me happy when my work is useful to others, especially after having just been told that I’m useless to the world for sitting on the bench analyzing the “rule book”, and that I’m just an egocentric bully determined to harass and intimidate, a “do-nothinger” with power issues.   It’s funny how I can be seen both ways.  So thanks for balancing it all out.  And thanks for bringing up so many interesting topics for discussion.  I’m enjoying it.

Viewing 13 posts - 136 through 148 (of 148 total)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.