Agondonters

Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 425 total)
  • Author
    Van Amadon
    Van Amadon
    Participant

“All” may or may not be good. But what is good will only get better, when the inherent capacity for goodness is expanded.

Van Amadon
    Van Amadon
    Participant

But all good things in their own time.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant
    56:6.3 The material-minded creatures of the evolutionary worlds of the seven superuniverses can comprehend Deity unity only as it is evolving in this power-personality synthesis of the Supreme Being. On any level of existence God cannot exceed the conceptual capacity of the beings who live on such a level. Mortal man must, through the recognition of truth, the appreciation of beauty, and the worship of goodness, evolve the recognition of a God of love and then progress through ascending deity levels to the comprehension of the Supreme. Deity, having been thus grasped as unified in power, can then be personalized in spirit to creature understanding and attainment.
    I like this quote because it mandates a course of action. It says man MUST evolve the recognition of a God of love and then progress to comprehension of the Supreme.  (Hmmm, comprehension sounds an awful lot like understanding to me.)
    This evolution of recognition and comprehension is the process of expanding conceptual capacity.  Evolution and progress towards  recognition of our Father and comprehension of the Supreme is what we do within the psychic circles, and we are told we must do it.  God gives us personality and free-will, he sends his Sons and even himself, then sets us free to begin the journey of self-realization and divinity attainment.
    We begin with one level of functional capacity, but we are gifted with the potential for unlimited capacity. We are engineered to overcome our inherent capacities.  We are mandated to outgrow them  . . . to evolve . . . to discover newer and greater capacities . . . enhance our capacity.  We can evolve capacities; we can develop capacities; we can create capacities; we can enhance capacities; we can enlarge capacities.  It never ends and it’s all good.

52:2.3 The evolution of the religious capacity of receptivity in the inhabitants of a world largely determines their rate of spiritual advancement and the extent of religious revelation.

176:3.7 Only those faithful servants who thus grow in the knowledge of the truth, and who thereby develop the capacity for divine appreciation of spiritual realities, can ever hope to “enter fully into the joy of their Lord.”
    100:6.9 But it is experience in and with the human religions that develops the capacity for subsequent reception of increased bestowals of divine wisdom and cosmic insight

146:2.14 But he did teach that prayer is a factor in the enlargement of one’s capacity to receive the presence of the divine spirit.

132:2.5 An experience is good when it heightens the appreciation of beauty, augments the moral will, enhances the discernment of truth, enlarges the capacity to love and serve one’s fellows, exalts the spiritual ideals, and unifies the supreme human motives of time with the eternal plans of the indwelling Adjuster, all of which lead directly to an increased desire to do the Father’s will, thereby fostering the divine passion to find God and to be more like him.

103: 0.1 Subsequent to the bestowals of the Paradise Sons the liberated Spirit of Truth makes mighty contributions to the enlargement of the human capacity to perceive religious truths.

117.6.9  Men all too often forget that God is the greatest experience in human existence. Other experiences are limited in their nature and content, but the experience of God has no limits save those of the creature’s comprehension capacity, and this very experience is in itself capacity enlarging. When men search for God, they are searching for everything.

118:10.13  1. Man’s augmenting vision — his increased understanding of the world in which he lives; his enlarging capacity for the comprehension of the material facts of time, the meaningful ideas of thought, and the valuable ideals of spiritual insight. As long as men measure only by the yardstick of the things of a physical nature, they can never hope to find unity in time and space.

52:6.7 The only technique for accelerating the natural trend of social evolution is that of applying spiritual pressure from above, thus augmenting moral insight while enhancing the soul capacity of every mortal to understand and love every other mortal.

144:4.2  The earnest and longing repetition of any petition, when such a prayer is the sincere expression of a child of God and is uttered in faith, no matter how ill-advised or impossible of direct answer, never fails to expand the soul’s capacity for spiritual receptivity.

170:2.23 When you forgive your brother in the flesh, you thereby create the capacity in your own soul for the reception of the reality of God’s forgiveness of your own misdeeds.

92:0.4 3. The Holy Spirit – this is the initial supermind bestowal, and it unfailingly appears in all bona fide human personalities. This ministry to a worship-craving and wisdom-desiring mind creates the capacity to self-realize the postulate of human survival, both in theologic concept and as an actual and factual personality experience.

115:3.16 Always will actuals be opening up new avenues of the realization of hitherto impossible potentials—every human decision not only actualizes a new reality in human experience but also opens up a new capacity for human growth. The man lives in every child, and the morontia progressor is resident in the mature God-knowing man.

140:8.32 The Master came to create in man a new spirit, a new will—to impart a new capacity for knowing the truth, experiencing compassion, and choosing goodness—the will to be in harmony with God’s will, coupled with the eternal urge to become perfect, even as the Father in heaven is perfect.

Growth of the Supreme is dependent upon us increasing our capacity through soul growth. If capacity doesn’t enlarge then there is no change, and if there is no change there is death. Growing and enlarging our capacity is a mandate for survival.  This is why it is said that the further we progress through the psychic circles, the more we become aware of a relationship with the Supreme. (Who incidentally is represented by Michael and his Spirit of Truth.)
    106:2.5 Since creatures, even mortals, are personality participants in this majestic transaction, so do they certainly attain the capacity to know the Supreme and to perceive the Supreme as true children of such an evolutionary Deity.
    110:6.16 Perhaps these psychic circles of mortal progression would be better denominated cosmic levels—actual meaning grasps and value realizations of progressive approach to the morontia consciousness of initial relationship of the evolutionary soul with the emerging Supreme Being. And it is this very relationship that makes it forever impossible fully to explain the significance of the cosmic circles to the material mind. These circle attainments are only relatively related to God-consciousness. A seventh or sixth circler can be almost as truly God-knowing—sonship conscious—as a second or first circler, but such lower circle beings are far less conscious of experiential relation to the Supreme Being, universe citizenship. The attainment of these cosmic circles will become a part of the ascenders’ experience on the mansion worlds if they fail of such achievement before natural death.
    Van Amadon
    Van Amadon
    Participant
    It never ends and it’s all good.
     Yes but if all is to be sold, won’t that include everything, even “understanding”? What did Jesus intend to say when he said all?
    (140:8.28) The right to enter the kingdom is conditioned by faith, personal belief. The cost of remaining in the progressive ascent of the kingdom is the pearl of great price, in order to possess which a man sells all that he has.
    (151:4.5) “The kingdom of heaven is also like a merchant seeking goodly pearls; and having found one pearl of great price, he went out and sold everything he possessed that he might be able to buy the extraordinary pearl.”
    How can you buy the pearl of great price if you don’t sell all that you have, everything, if that’s the only way to have the kingdom?
    Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

Enno, the merchant sold every THING he POSSESSED.  In other words, the other things in his life were not as valuable to him as the pearl, so he relinquished them.  Those things no longer HAD value.  He chose the one thing that IS value.  The pearl is a metaphor for what IS value.  Everything he possessed prior to discovering the pearl he sold because it only HAD value. It’s crucial to consider the difference between “has value” and “is value”.  And understanding adds meaning to value. Value is not appreciated without meaning.  Meaning requires understanding, a mental association.  Without understanding you are an amoeba, an organism reflexively reacting to the environment rather than a thinking, growing personality. Consider these quotes:

115:2.2 Value is a unique element in universe reality. We do not comprehend how the value of anything infinite and divine could possibly be increased. But we discover that meanings can be modified if not augmented even in the relations of infinite Deity. To the experiential universes even divine values are increased as actualities by enlarged comprehension of reality meanings.

100:3.3 In the contemplation of values you must distinguish between that which is value and that which has value. You must recognize the relation between pleasurable activities and their meaningful integration and enhanced realization on ever progressively higher and higher levels of human experience.

100:3.4 Meaning is something which experience adds to value; it is the appreciative consciousness of values. An isolated and purely selfish pleasure may connote a virtual devaluation of meanings, a meaningless enjoyment bordering on relative evil. Values are experiential when realities are meaningful and mentally associated, when such relationships are recognized and appreciated by mind.

Van Amadon
    Van Amadon
    Participant

Bonita,

(171:8.8) Jesus would only say, in answer to their many questions:

“Ponder well these words in your hearts while each of you finds out their true meaning.”

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

So Enno, do you understand my post?  What do you suppose pondering in your heart means?  Ponder means think carefully, to contemplate the meaning of value.  When you contemplate values in your heart, you’re looking for the best meaning, a meaning in line with reality, a meaning revealed by the Spirit of Truth in the soul which can be acted out within your own life. Then, when you apply that meaning, you actualize what was merely potential by giving it meaning within your own life.

Meanings begin with discovering and recognizing value within the heart (soul). They require pondering, or contemplation, a form of cooperation with the inner spirit in order to interpret the meaning of a given value as it applies to your individual life situation. Once the meaning is pondered (recognized and interpreted), it is made ready for action by the Spirit of Truth who shows you how it relates to the real situations, things and people in your own life, then you augment it by the actual experience of acting it out.  That’s when it has real meaning and is fully understood within the context of your life situation.  Which is why truth is relative. It only applies to your experience and understanding of it.  Final truth only exists on Paradise.

Pondering in the heart means developing spiritual insight.  Spiritual insight is simply learning to discover, recognize, interpret and choose what IS value.  Interpretation within the soul, with the help of the Holy Spirit, Spirit of Truth and Adjuster contributes to the understanding of the meaning of values.  Why do you think Jesus kept telling people to ponder, Enno?  Did you find a quote where Jesus told people to sell their pondering, or give it away?  I don’t think so.  Understanding is part of growth.  The only kind of understanding he wants you to  give away is misunderstanding.  Cast it off and go with understanding.

Van Amadon
    Van Amadon
    Participant

Bonita,

I usually understand your posts very well, and everyone else’s posts too.

It’s by the contributions and the ideas about it all that others add to my life that a blind man like me can arrive at enough of a glimpse of the path to keep me walking in the right direction.

There are a few things to bump my toes against once in a while but the spirit of brotherhood is strong, and no matter how gray things may be, I agree with all of you who insist that it’s all good, that it’s only a matter of time.

And I think this time, it’s good.

Enno

Mara
    Mara
    Participant
    VanAmadon wrote:(171:8.8) Jesus would only say, in answer to their many questions: “Ponder well these words in your hearts while each of you finds out their true meaning.”
    You have answered your own question –  “Ponder well these words in your hearts while each of you finds out their true meaning.”

Gene
    Participant

Curious: once a reality is actualized, is it possible to give it up, sell it or otherwise dispose of it?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Did you find a quote where Jesus told people to sell their pondering, or give it away? I don’t think so. Understanding is part of growth. The only kind of understanding he wants you to give away is misunderstanding. Cast it off and go with understanding.

Jesus may not have “told people” to change what they may be “pondering” but he did “ponder anew” many things after due consideration.  Therefore, He put aside one for another, based on current event in His life.

(1390.5) 126:3.10 The great confusion of Jesus’ younger days now arose. Having settled something about the nature of his mission on earth, “to be about his Father’s business” — to show forth his Father’s loving nature to all mankind — he began to ponder anew the many statements in the Scriptures referring to the coming of a national deliverer, a Jewish teacher or king. To what event did these prophecies refer? Was not he a Jew? or was he? Was he or was he not of the house of David? His mother averred he was; his father had ruled that he was not. He decided he was not. But had the prophets confused the nature and mission of the Messiah?

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant
    Gene wrote: Curious: once a reality is actualized, is it possible to give it up, sell it or otherwise dispose of it?

That’s a really excellent question.  Wouldn’t Michael have loved to give up, sell or dispose of the Rebellion after it was actualized!!  Not a chance. I’m not saying it’s impossible, I really don’t know anything about that. I’m guessing it’s just not wise to do that. But it does say in TUB, now that Michael is Sovereign, all that can’t be organized will be eliminated . . . but I think that’s a process of evolution into light and life, a natural decay of unusable (no-value) parts, and a prospering of usable (value) parts, or something like that . . . haven’t thought that all the way through.

I’m inclined to think that after any potential becomes actualized there’s no going back. That would include any potential, good, sinful or a shade of gray in between (evil).   True, beautiful and good actualizations immediately gravitate to their appropriate circuit and become part of the Supreme.  The act is ours the consequences are God’s. Gray actualizations contribute to the growth of wisdom as they are corrected and rehabilitated.  Evil actualizations don’t gravitate toward anything lasting at all, but they do have local consequences (wheat & tares kinda thing).  In that case, evil acts are ours and so are the consequences . . . one way or another we have to deal with them.

I do think all the useless actualizations eventually isolate themselves and cease to exist after all attempts at rehab are made. (Both people and consequences of sin). Sometimes I think this world has visible evidence of this process in spades.  Those things that can’t be spiritualized become disorganized in very big and obvious ways.  I mean we see it happen before our very eyes all the time.  The world wars, the religious wars, the current societal insanity with constant ideological wars . . . I think they are all manifestations of the gradual disorganization of all the actualizations that cannot be spiritualized.  They’re working themselves into oblivion . . . it seems crazier and crazier all the time . . .  until they are finally destroyed.  And yet we have so many who stubbornly hold unto what is not real and just won’t let go.  I think they call it cosmic insanity, which is the same as cosmic disorganization.  But I suppose the gods have a handle on patience and mercy, so it’s not a matter I can judge fairly at all.  I’ll just deal . . .

21:5.4    The elevation of a sevenfold bestowal Son to the unquestioned sovereignty of his universe means the beginning of the end of agelong uncertainty and relative confusion. Subsequent to this event, that which cannot be sometime spiritualized will eventually be disorganized; that which cannot be sometime co-ordinated with cosmic reality will eventually be destroyed. When the provisions of endless mercy and nameless patience have been exhausted in an effort to win the loyalty and devotion of the will creatures of the realms, justice and righteousness will prevail. That which mercy cannot rehabilitate justice will eventually annihilate.

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

Well, well……what an interesting weekend here at the Forum!!!

In reading along, a few things came to mind.  One of which includes, to me, a very humorous irony that I confess I’ve struggled with just how to present.   Hmmmm………..

First, I am known by some as a ‘literalist” and I embrace the term willingly (I’ve been called worse – haha).  Some here have claimed to touch the UB or read a page or two and immediately knew the Papers to be true and to be what they claimed.  I was much slower in that regard, took me at least two readings to conclude that the only thing more incredible and ridiculous than the UB claims for itself being true was to hold onto my initial belief that, of course the UB was authored by humans with, at best, an astute case of inspiration.  I mean what reasonable person would just accept celestial authors, fandors, 9 foot tall people who glow in the dark, midwayers, the 6 colored races in one family, the twins Andon and Fonta, Amadon’s longevity, and all the rest?  I was a dedicated God and truth seeker but, you know, there’s far more in the UB than I was seeking out at the time – haha!!  Appeared to be a lot of camels to swallow for this tadpole!

A ‘literalist’ however is not someone who believes the claims made but only believes this:  the UB says what it says and does not say what it does not AND the authors said what they meant/intended and intended/meant what they said.  Simple.  No demand to agree with or believe what is written….only a confidence in its sincerity and intent….a literalist….that’s me.  I did come to believe the claims as, over time, the threads became woven into a tapestry of color, form, geometry, depth, dimension, and illustration of presentation of a unified, glorified, and wondrous illumination of universe reality.  The picture within the tapestry discovered gained a credibility that no other source had ever delivered to me in all its confirmations, elaborations, and connections of that reality of creation and my place within it. But that’s another tale.

The UB claims its purpose is to reduce confusion and eliminate errors of knowledge, belief, perspective, detail, and context in the minds of believers and seekers…to help our understanding of reality, the better to know God and become like God.

Those who claim knowledge is unimportant or understanding undesirable do not know or “understand” the first thing about the Revelation!  Enno has claimed the UB to be dangerous….very dangerous.  And its study unimportant.  And understanding something to ‘sacrifice’.  Don’t get it.  Knowledge and understanding unimportant?  And then claims a great mind for himself! Thanks to all of you who have allowed the Papers to speak for themselves in this matter!  Kudos.

Now to the irony….for a literalist like me!

Jesus did not teach in the literal way.  The bible shows this and the UB confirms this.  To believe/teach/preach that the kingdom of heaven IS the pearl of great price and we must all SELL ALL to inherit the kingdom completely deforms and distorts the teaching.  The kingdom is like a pearl of great price – it has a value that surpasses all value without the kingdom – nothing has so much value.  It’s value is so great that one would give whatever they might posses to have such a valued thing.  But the kingdom is not a thing.  And while it has great value it cannot be purchased….indeed, love and eternal potential are freely given to each and all…it is one of our inherently endowed natures – the spiritual nature.  It has no cost….or price….it is not for sale (and has nothing to do with the wanna be rich boy who wanted to serve – but who could not serve two masters).

Jesus taught by parable and the pearl is but one such….and none of them are literal.  Are people sheep?  Do we belong to flocks and live in folds? Do we literally have beams projecting out our eye balls?  Are believers really salt and yeast?  Is the gospel a bush/tree seed?  Are people tares and wheat?  Do we strain gnats and swallow camels whole?  Do we cast nets for souls?  Is the kingdom a coin or pearl?  I am amused by the irony that a literalist need point this out to anyone.  When it is said something is “like unto”, does this not immediately claim itself as metaphor and allegory?  Who does not know this?  Who cannot understand this?

I think what must be given up is prejudice….the love of one’s own opinion and beliefs and the steadfast grasp on the reality known now while disallowing the reality that, at best, such an individual perspective (or understanding) cannot perceive simply by being blinded by one’s current beliefs and understanding.  I find it interesting that Enno claims one must give up one’s understanding rather than believe that one must progress in their understanding….and the importance of fact and knowledge in expanding our understanding.  It’s rather self contradictory.  Enno claims to understand that the Revelation is Dangerous, knowledge is unimportant, heaven and salvation have a price to pay for admission, few are going to survive this world, and fear is appropriate in this friendly universe.  It might serve him if he understood more, rather than less??!!  Perhaps we might ponder on this matter…………..

Another important point:  We are told to be careful when considering the Master’s words to also remember the specific audience for his words.  Context is important to understanding.  Jesus had lessons for Apostles, and others for Disciples, and still others for Believers, and some rather harsh ones for Priests, and for individuals in specific circumstances facing particular issues.  But Jesus never did say or teach that heaven  or God’s love has a price or cost.  Or that worry and anxiety was a good thing.  Or that ignorance and prejudice were worthwhile.  He taught that reality is so wonderful we should all want to learn of it and live in it as God’s children forevermore and all it takes is love of one another and the desire to become like our First Source and Center as described and delivered by our own Creator Son, Master of Nebadon…. a friendly, kind, merciful, and loving reality….where a little knowledge, understanding, desire, and will can deliver the eternal adventure to us each and all.  It’s not called The Good News for nothing.

Anyway….good to be back and thanks to all who labor in love to let the Papers speak and for sharing by caring this wonderful book of facts and knowledge which can, when studied and applied, propel the quest for truth, beauty, and goodness forward into eternal progress – and greater understanding.  Lot’s for me to catch up on…be back again soon.

I do truly appreciate all the twists and turns, roundabouts, and intersections of thought and experience demonstrated here.  Good topic.  Great posts and conversation.  What a Book!!  What a gift to our world.  = )

159:3.5 (1766.1) Never be guilty of such unworthy tactics as endeavoring to frighten men and women into the kingdom. A loving father does not frighten his children into yielding obedience to his just requirements.

159:3.6 (1766.2) Sometime the children of the kingdom will realize that strong feelings of emotion are not equivalent to the leadings of the divine spirit. To be strongly and strangely impressed to do something or to go to a certain place, does not necessarily mean that such impulses are the leadings of the indwelling spirit.

159:3.7 (1766.3) Forewarn all believers regarding the fringe of conflict which must be traversed by all who pass from the life as it is lived in the flesh to the higher life as it is lived in the spirit. To those who live quite wholly within either realm, there is little conflict or confusion, but all are doomed to experience more or less uncertainty during the times of transition between the two levels of living. In entering the kingdom, you cannot escape its responsibilities or avoid its obligations, but remember: The gospel yoke is easy and the burden of truth is light.

159:3.8 (1766.4) The world is filled with hungry souls who famish in the very presence of the bread of life; men die searching for the very God who lives within them. Men seek for the treasures of the kingdom with yearning hearts and weary feet when they are all within the immediate grasp of living faith. Faith is to religion what sails are to a ship; it is an addition of power, not an added burden of life. There is but one struggle for those who enter the kingdom, and that is to fight the good fight of faith. The believer has only one battle, and that is against doubt — unbelief.

Van Amadon
    Van Amadon
    Participant

Hi Bradly,

It’s nice to have you back to challenge my comprehension of so much that interests me. I hope you had a restful weekend. I think I remember you saying you were going to spend some time with your family, something I cherish to do too soon.

Anyway, yes, it was an interesting weekend on the forum, the other one too. There seems to be developing more of the spirit of understanding and cooperation. At least it feels that way to me.

It would be nice if this could continue. It takes time to learn to understand each other, what motivates a person and grow.

Enno

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

Hey Bradly, welcome back.  Great reply.  A lot of tangents have developed here without you.  It’s all good though, I think.

I was considering starting another thread about the kingdom of heaven since it’s a little off topic.  But this thread is developing nicely and I hate to make people split their attentions.  What do you think?  Should I proceed with it here or wait until this thread dies and then start a new one?  I’m happy either way.  Heck, I’m happy period . . . just sayin’.

Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 425 total)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.