2018 International Study Day

Home Forums Online Urantia Book Study Groups International Study Days 2018 International Study Day

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 103 total)
  • Author
    Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

Regarding how we might map the colored groups to adjutant affinity, and why 3/6 colored races but 7 adjutants, see pages 6 and 11 of that paper ( link: Quivering on the Brink ).

OK.  I’d like to preface this with something I said before.  I’m convinced that it is folly to attempt to force adjutant mind ministry into the chakra mold because they are two different things.  I can see why you would attempt to align the red race to the root chakra because the red race did receive the full bestowal of living energies, but, that’s about as far as I can go. I absolutely cannot accept your attempt to align the red race with a genetic preference for the mind ministry of the first adjutant. That’s allocating the mind of an amoeba to the primary and preferential mental impulse for the red man. I think the red man would find that rather insulting!  The two systems, chakra and adjutant, have nothing in common, and your attempt to additionally line them up with racial color is imaginative but lacking in substance.

The chakras are purely symbolic representations of levels of supposed spirit-mind-body energy interactions.  The mind ministers are not symbolic, they are actual functioning mind circuits with measurable causes and effects. Anyone can measure the presence of mind or the lack of it (quantity); it’s also possible to ascertain the quality of mind. I know for a fact that my cup of coffee does not have a mind, it will not react to anything I say to it, but the cat does, because she has mind.  I also know for a fact that my mind is of higher quality than the cat’s, on most days, because I can figure out how to open a can of food and she can’t.

Those things are all objective, observable and testable phenomena.  Is there such a thing as a chakra gravity circuit that can be measured like mind gravity?  If so, why have the TUB authors kept it a secret? Are there observable, testable chakra phenomena, or are the chakras purely subjective in nature?  I think they are, I think they are based upon feelings and imagination.  Both are good things, but not objective in the least. The two systems just cannot be equated with one another. One is mystical and mythical, the other is real and measurable.  But do let me know if you ever come up with a way to measure the performance of the red amoeba brain residing in your root chakra.

And of course, as indicated in that paper, the Adamic uplifters are by design, ideal responders to the full spectrum of adjutant urge.

I don’t think that’s true either.  Adam and Eve didn’t have adjutant minds.  Their minds were derived directly ” . . . through intellectual association with the mind-gravity circuit of the Spirit.” (75:7.5).

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

Since “personalized” Adjusters are given such a big billing by the UB authors, personalization must affect these fragments of Deity in some way, maybe actualizing potentials latent in their prepersonal state?

Adjusters do not have personality (107:3.9). When Adjusters are given their very own new personality by the Universal Father, they become ascending sons. They become free-willed individuals who are both existential and experiential, capable of functioning in both arenas, which makes them omnipersonal – embracing every type of personality relationship possible.

(445.1) 40:4.2 Personalized Adjusters are beings of a unique and unfathomable order. Originally of existential prepersonal status, they have experientialized by participation in the lives and careers of the lowly mortals of the material worlds. And since the personality bestowed upon these experienced Thought Adjusters takes origin, and has its wellspring, in the Universal Father’s personal and continuing ministry of the bestowals of experiential personality upon his creature creation, these Personalized Adjusters are classified as ascending Sons of God, the highest of all such orders of sonship.

(1201.5) 109:7.4 They are the exclusive beings of the universes who embrace within their being all the known relationships of personality; they are omnipersonal — they are before personality, they are personality, and they are after personality. They minister the personality of the Universal Father as in the eternal past, the eternal present, and the eternal future.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

But since (as Bonita emphasized) Adjusters are existential, adjusting an Adjuster must have cosmic and eternal repercussions.

I don’t understand where you get the idea that an Adjuster can be adjusted.  Adjust means to alter, modify, convert and change.  Adjusters are immutable.  The addition of personality changes nothing because both Adjuster and personality are changeless.  So exactly what you mean by the sentence above totally escapes me.

Nigel Nunn wrote:Which brings us to the business of personalizing Adjusters via the “human” technique.

Are you saying that Adjusters can be humanized?  I don’t think so. The goal of the human is to become superhuman.  The “human technique” ends the moment the superhuman soul is born.

Nigel Nunn wrote:My thoughts on this begin with the idea of a “second birth”. For us, birth implies gestation, and before that, fertilization. So for me, this idea — that personalization actualizes latent potentials in our Adjuster — stirs a powerful image of an epic and eternal transaction.

So you’re using the word personalization not in reference to Personalized Adjusters, but to Adjusters indwelling fusion candidates?  I don’t think TUB uses the word personalization that way.   If you read this next quote carefully, you can see there is a clear difference between personalization of Adjusters and mortals fusing with Adjusters. Personalization and fusion are not the same thing.

(347.3) 31:2.4 Gravity Messengers and glorified mortal finaliters achieve a touching and profound affection for one another; they have much in common: One is a direct personalization of a fragment of the Universal Father, the other a creature personality existent in the surviving immortal soul fused with a fragment of the same Universal Father, the spirit Thought Adjuster.

As I understand it, one of the differences between personalization and fusion involves sovereignty.  A personalized Adjuster has full sovereignty over his own personality.  In the case of fusion, sovereignty remains with the individual to whom the personality was bestowed. Fused mortals are still sovereign over their own personalities, the fused Adjuster does not gain sovereignty over the personality. The personality becomes coordinate with the Adjuster, meaning they collaborate and harmonize will with pre-will to eternally act as one.  The merger remains a partnership with eternal cooperation in a functional association.   Conversely, Personalized Adjusters are not coordinate personalities; they are not partners with themselves, they are solely in control of their volition.

110:7.5   When the evolving soul and the divine Adjuster are finally and eternally fused, each gains all of the experiencible qualities of the other. This co-ordinate personality possesses all of the experiential memory of survival once held by the ancestral mortal mind and then resident in the morontia soul, and in addition thereto this potential finaliter embraces all the experiential memory of the Adjuster throughout the mortal indwellings of all time. But it will require an eternity of the future for an Adjuster ever completely to endow the personality partnership with the meanings and values which the divine Monitor carries forward from the eternity of the past.

107:2.7 Fused Adjusters—finaliters—those who have become one with the ascending creatures of the superuniverses, the eternity partners of the time ascenders of the Paradise Corps of the Finality. Thought Adjusters ordinarily become fused with the ascending mortals of time, and with such surviving mortals they are registered in and out of Ascendington; they follow the course of ascendant beings. Upon fusion with the ascending evolutionary soul, it appears that the Adjuster translates from the absolute existential level of the universe to the finite experiential level of functional association with an ascending personality. While retaining all of the character of the existential divine nature, a fused Adjuster becomes indissolubly linked with the ascending career of a surviving mortal.

Nigel Nunn wrote:But why choose the metaphor of fertilization? Think of the way we humans begin, as two complementary halves of DNA that somehow zip together into a double helix of mind-boggling potentials. Now amplify these potentials a billion billion-fold. Imagine our personality and our Adjuster as those two complementary halves, which our wilful choices quite literally “zip together”.

Are you trying to describe fusion with the zipper analogy?  And, are you saying that entry into the seventh psychic circle, when the soul is born, is like bringing the egg and the sperm together?  In TUB, I think conception of the soul and birth of the soul are simultaneous events occurring in the seventh psychic circle.  In fact, the word fertilization doesn’t even appear in TUB. Moreover, other than this quote and two regarding the birth of Jesus, the word conception is always used in TUB to refer to ideas and thought, which is actually kinda neat.

p551:7 48:6.2 You should understand that the morontia life of an ascending mortal is really initiated on the inhabited worlds at the conception of the soul, at that moment when the creature mind of moral status is indwelt by the spirit Adjuster. And from that moment on, the mortal soul has potential capacity for supermortal function, even for recognition on the higher levels of the morontia spheres of the local universe.

In your diagram you zip together the Adjuster and a personality, one has will the other has nothing.  Isn’t it rather a fusion of pre-personality with personality and pre-will with will?  What about mind and pre-mind? What exactly are the teeth of the zipper? Are they actuals and potentials?  Does zipping cease after fusion? Doesn’t fusion merely open the door to more zipping together of actions and potentials on higher and higher levels because mind and pre-mind don’t fully fuse until the coordinate personality reaches high spirit levels, and even then it doesn’t really fuse but transmutes, or supremicizes. (107:5.6) But even then, there is an eternity of new potentials opening up to the mind as it ascends to higher levels of capacity as indicated in quote 110:7.5 above, so the zipping never stops.

107:5.5   When a Thought Adjuster is fused with the evolving immortal morontia soul of the surviving human, the mind of the Adjuster can only be identified as persisting apart from the creature’s mind until the ascending mortal attains spirit levels of universe progression.

107:5.6   Upon the attainment of the finaliter levels of ascendant experience, these spirits of the sixth stage appear to transmute some mind factor representing a union of certain phases of the mortal and Adjuster minds which had previously functioned as liaison between the divine and human phases of such ascending personalities. This experiential mind quality probably “supremacizes” and subsequently augments the experiential endowment of evolutionary Deity — the Supreme Being.

Nigel Nunn
    Participant

Hi Bonita,

Thanks for putting up with and working through all my speculation!

Just wondering, can you clarify your comment about the relation of the adjutants to human mind? In message 31008 you wrote:

“The human intellect resides in the two higher adjutant mind ministers. Prehuman intellect resides in the lower five adjutant ministers.”

Are you confusing the midwayer type of mind with the human type? From 42:10.4,

“2. Adjutant-spirit minds. This is the ministry of a local universe Mother Spirit functioning through her seven adjutant mind-spirits on the teachable (nonmechanical) level of material mind. On this level material mind is experiencing: as subhuman (animal) intellect in the first five adjutants; as human (moral) intellect in the seven adjutants; as superhuman (midwayer) intellect in the last two adjutants.” (481.1, 42:10.4)

As I understand 42:10.4, due to the limitations of their nature, midwayers can engage with only two of the Divine Minister’s Adjutants. But for us humans, our intellect resides in the “rhythmic pulsation” (117:5.7) of all seven.

Also, why do you (appear to) relegate the Spirit of Intuition to “amoeba-level” mind?

As I see it, when rhythmically pulsating in the human type of mind, this adjutant mind spirit makes accessible the capacity instantly to know “the state of play”, to see instinctively — Intuitively — relationships, possibilities, and alternative next steps. Of course it takes experience and courage and understanding (ideally coordinated by wisdom) to choose which of these alternatives to take, or to ignore. Thus my understanding — that all seven of the Divine Minister’s Adjutant Mind Spirits are essential to generate the truly human type of mind.

But then again, if you see the first five as operating merely in the sub-human (animal) domain, then this would help me to understand why you seem to insist on their contributions being “nested”; achievement of one leading up to the next, like a ladder through levels of intellectual capacity that evolution is trying to climb?

Getting back to the main theme, recall that my motivation here has been to explore the nature of what the Life Carriers actually achieved with their Urantia variation of humanity. In particular, what may have differentiated the colored Sangik subgroups.

As I try to sketch in those diagrams on pages 4 and 5 ( of that paper ), the proposed actual factual basis for my speculation is something that traditional philosophies have spun into various stories about chakras. But as I expect you can see, I’m speculating that there is an (actual factual) psycho-somatic basis for this story. The main point being that this basis involves the Life-Carriers’ technique for making it possible for the Divine Minister’s adjutant circuits to engage a planetary humanity: by evolving those phenomenal interfaces that have so intrigued and engaged many a mystic   :-)

Which brings us back to my original question: What is it about the Life Carriers’ extraordinary human package that allows physical stimulus to repercuss in something non-material? What sort of interface does this imply?

Bonita wrote:

“Isn’t this sort of a mechanistic view of human behavior? What role does personality and its precious power of volition play in this scheme? If an entire race of people are forced to react to a certain set of urges in lieu of others aren’t they no better than machines? Even animals eventually develop some control mechanisms.”

I think you may have missed the idea? There’s no “forcing” going on, simply a statistical tendency for free-will humans to gravitate toward certain ways of thinking; a tendency that education and culture can readily adjust, but when allowed to flower, leads to characteristically colorful worldviews. Or were you just setting up a little straw man for knocking over?

Regarding what I called “personalization of Adjusters by the human technique”, I’m thinking about how the universal Father might see things. Reflecting on our designed capacity for “subinfinite penetration of the absolute” ( 112:1.9 ), I have this feeling that eternity may require all such fragments of the Father to be “personalized” in some way. In this picture, the technique of associating Adjusters with seven dimensional Personality via a shared human life seems like one truly fabulous living way of doing this!

I think I’ve added all I can here. My various hanging threads about UB cosmology need a little love…

As always, with much appreciation and thanks!
    Nigel

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

“The human intellect resides in the two higher adjutant mind ministers. Prehuman intellect resides in the lower five adjutant ministers.” Are you confusing the midwayer type of mind with the human type? From 42:10.4,

No I’m not confusing the two.  The mind is considered sub-human, or animal, until the 6th adjutant makes contact at which point it becomes superanimal/pre-human.  Note in the description of the spirit of worship provided below that this adjutant is the first  urge differentiating creature mind from being a mere animal to one with soul potential, a superanimal/pre-human.

36:5.11 6. The spirit of worship – the religious impulse, the first differential urge separating mind creatures into the two basic classes of mortal existence. The spirit of worship forever distinguishes the animal of its association from the soulless creatures of mind endowment. Worship is the badge of spiritual-ascension candidacy.

In the following quote the natural religious impulse (adjutant #6) is also described as a superanimal endowment:

92:0.1 MAN possessed a religion of natural origin as a part of his evolutionary experience long before any systematic revelations were made on Urantia. But this religion of natural origin was, in itself, the product of man’s superanimal endowments.

Note that superanimal is not yet human, it is pre-human.  The spirit of wisdom (adjutant #7) must function in order for a superanimal mind to become a human mind. In the next quote about Andon and Fonta the author describes contact with adjutant #6 as a mind “akin to human,” in other words, a superanimal/pre-human mind, was approaching.  And a year later, when the spirit of wisdom made contact, their minds were recognized as human.

62:6.5 Imagine our joy one day — the twins were about ten years old — when the spirit of worship made its first contact with the mind of the female twin and shortly thereafter with the male. We knew that something closely akin to human mind was approaching culmination; and when, about a year later, they finally resolved, as a result of meditative thought and purposeful decision, to flee from home and journey north, then did the spirit of wisdom begin to function on Urantia and in these two now recognized human minds.

Then, when the the spirit of wisdom functions, the Holy Spirit appears and the human mind embarks on its superhuman/sub-spiritual development.  Here it is in a nutshell:

• Physical Controllers are mechanical mind ministers
    • Adjutant #1 overlaps Physical Controller mind and animal mind.
    • Adjutants #1-5 are animal mind ministers
    • Adjutant #6 is a superanimal mind minister
    • Adjutant # 7 is a human mind minister and coordinates all the mind ministers below it.
    • Holy Spirit is a superhuman mind minister overlapping Adjutants #6 & 7.
    Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

As I understand 42:10.4, due to the limitations of their nature, midwayers can engage with only two of the Divine Minister’s Adjutants. But for us humans, our intellect resides in the “rhythmic pulsation” (117:5.7) of all seven.

The secondary midwayers are in contact with more than just the last two adjutants.  They are also endowed with a morontia transition mind.  The morontia mind is the Holy Spirit.

38:9.7 Secondary midwayers are physically energized by the Adamic technique, spiritually encircuited by the seraphic, and intellectually endowed with the morontia transition type of mind.  They are divided into four physical types, seven orders spiritually, and twelve levels of intellectual response to the joint ministry of the last two adjutant spirits and the morontia mind.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

Also, why do you (appear to) relegate the Spirit of Intuition to “amoeba-level” mind?

I said that because the first adjutant is the only one which makes extensive contact with mechanical, non-teachable mind.  An amoeba is essentially a mechanical, non-teachable creature which reacts reflexively and instinctively to various stimuli in its environment. Amoebae are capable of avoidance maneuvers, they change behavior in relation to light intensity, food availability, ph and other manipulations to their environment.  These are all reflexive instincts for self-protection and self-preservation.

When contacting an animal or a human, the first adjutant continues to function on the instinctive level of mind both in the mechanical parts of our bodies, within the cells themselves, and in the involuntary autonomic nervous system, also know as the “reptilian brain” or brainstem.  The first adjutant is a primitive mind ministry centered around reflexes which assure self-preservation.

36:5.6 1. The spirit of intuition – quick perception, the primitive physical and inherent reflex instincts, the directional and other self-preservative endowments of all mind creations; the only one of the adjutants to function so largely in the lower orders of animal life and the only one to make extensive functional contact with the nonteachable levels of mechanical mind.

As I see it, when rhythmically pulsating in the human type of mind, this adjutant mind spirit makes accessible the capacity instantly to know “the state of play”, to see instinctively — Intuitively — relationships, possibilities, and alternative next steps.

What you’re describing there is a chakra. The adjutants cannot be forced into the chakra mold.

If a mind has advanced to the point where it can see relationships, then the second adjutant, the spirit of understanding must be in play.  Adjutant #2 is responsible for associating ideas.  It needs a real brain to do that, or at least a few neurons that can talk to one another and store data. Adjutant #1 can function without a brain.

36:5.7 2. The spirit of understanding – the impulse of co-ordination, the spontaneous and apparently automatic association of ideas. This is the gift of the co-ordination of acquired knowledge, the phenomenon of quick reasoning, rapid judgment, and prompt decision.

Thus my understanding — that all seven of the Divine Minister’s Adjutant Mind Spirits are essential to generate the truly human type of mind.

Exactly, so why do you give the red man a preference for an amoeba mind or a reptilian mind?  The adjutants build upon one another as the underlying brain capacity increases.  I’m sure the red man, with his full endowment of living energies, would also have a full, well rounded endowment of the adjutant ministry.

(670.1) 58:6.7 The physiologic equipment and the anatomic structure of all new orders of life are in response to the action of physical law, but the subsequent endowment of mind is a bestowal of the adjutant mind-spirits in accordance with innate brain capacity. Mind, while not a physical evolution, is wholly dependent on the brain capacity afforded by purely physical and evolutionary developments.

You’ll unlikely find a creature where the second adjutant has made contact without the presence of both the first adjutant and pre-adjutant mind ministry. But once an animal becomes human with superhuman potential, the goal is to wean off that lower scaffolding. The result, of course, is death since I don’t know anyone who can survive without the pre-adjutant amoeba mind and the overlapping first adjutant lizard mind.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

As I try to sketch in those diagrams on pages 4 and 5 ( of that paper ), the proposed actual factual basis for my speculation is something that traditional philosophies have spun into various stories about chakras. But as I expect you can see, I’m speculating that there is an (actual factual) psycho-somatic basis for this story.

Yeah, but there isn’t any actual factual basis for chakras.  They are part of the Hindu religion, I think first presented a little over 3,000 years ago as part of the Upanishads. We know that the Upanishads were the result of having essentially rejected the Salem gospel, so why would you trust such teachings? (94:2.6)

The actual reality of the chakras cannot be proven because they are part of a belief system.  Belief systems cannot be proven; if they could be proven, there would be no need for belief. They would become actual discernible, measurable cause and effect, logically uniform facts of knowledge. They would ping with the first cosmic mind reality response of causation. Personally, I have not recognized any such reality reflex in regards to the chakra system, not from any of the three cosmic reality response levels.  But I speak for myself.

The main point being that this basis involves the Life-Carriers’ technique for making it possible for the Divine Minister’s adjutant circuits to engage a planetary humanity: by evolving those phenomenal interfaces that have so intrigued and engaged many a mystic

And we all know that mysticism is not to be trusted either.  Mysticism engages the subconscious mind which is a compilation of random thoughts that rarely make it into the conscious mind let alone the superconscious mind. Chakras are derived from a mystical creative imagination, but not all creative imagination is valid.  Only controlled channels of creative imagination which lead to co-creation with divinity are valid sources of inspiration. (109:5.1)

TUB warns us against engaging in mystical speculation, so I’m surprised you place such significance on these musings which are merely figurative and symbolic.  The adjutants are not figurative and symbolic and any attempt to make them so will fail.  They are very real and we know that mysticism is a form of reality avoidance. The adjutants are not part of a religion either.  They’re part of physical/mind evolution which is designed to eventually lead to true religious experience in the soul.  And such experience is not approachable by mysticism which a focus in the wrong direction – downward into the subconscious – thus more material. (100:1.9; 100:5.9-10)

Nigel, you’re playing around with metaphysics which is not a fruitful way of approaching reality.  We have a revelation here which replaces the need for metaphysics. (103:6.7-8)  The words in it are clear, but the meanings sometimes escape people because they insist on forcing them to conform to old ideas.  It’s the new wine in old skins metaphor. Jesus talked about this very thing but could not convince even his own apostles to stop doing it. (176:1.7)  It’s human nature, but human nature is meant to evolve.  Just because something is old and mysterious doesn’t make it true, something else Jesus taught about the scriptures. (79:8.8; 159:4.4; 159:4.9) There may be threads of truth in ancient thought, but truth must be stated anew in each generation.(79:8.8)  And here we have a new source of truth, a revelation which doesn’t mention the word chakra even once.  I recommend you let it go if you can.

RELATED QUOTES

79:8.8 The great weakness of ancestor veneration is that it promotes a backward-looking philosophy. However wise it may be to glean wisdom from the past, it is folly to regard the past as the exclusive source of truth. Truth is relative and expanding; it lives always in the present, achieving new expression in each generation of men — even in each human life.

100:1.9 The unconscious nature of religious growth does not, however, signify that it is an activity functioning in the supposed subconscious realms of human intellect; rather does it signify creative activities in the superconscious levels of mortal mind. The experience of the realization of the reality of unconscious religious growth is the one positive proof of the functional existence of the superconsciousness.

94:2.6 These were the times of the compilation of the later scriptures of the Hindu faith, the Brahmanas and the Upanishads. Having rejected the teachings of personal religion through the personal faith experience with the one God, and having become contaminated with the flood of debasing and debilitating cults and creeds from the Deccan, with their anthropomorphisms and reincarnations, the Brahmanic priesthood experienced a violent reaction against these vitiating beliefs; there was a definite effort to seek and to find true reality. The Brahmans set out to deanthropomorphize the Indian concept of deity, but in so doing they stumbled into the grievous error of depersonalizing the concept of God, and they emerged, not with a lofty and spiritual ideal of the Paradise Father, but with a distant and metaphysical idea of an all-encompassing Absolute.

100:5.9 The characteristics of the mystical state are diffusion of consciousness with vivid islands of focal attention operating on a comparatively passive intellect. All of this gravitates consciousness toward the subconscious rather than in the direction of the zone of spiritual contact, the superconscious. Many mystics have carried their mental dissociation to the level of abnormal mental manifestations.

103:6.7-8  But many mortals have recognized the desirability of having some method of reconciling the interplay between the widely separated domains of science and religion; and metaphysics is the result of man’s unavailing attempt to span this well-recognized chasm. But human metaphysics has proved more confusing than illuminating. Metaphysics stands for man’s well-meant but futile effort to compensate for the absence of the mota of morontia.   Metaphysics has proved a failure; mota, man cannot perceive. Revelation is the only technique which can compensate for the absence of the truth sensitivity of mota in a material world. Revelation authoritatively clarifies the muddle of reason-developed metaphysics on an evolutionary sphere.

109:5.1  Supreme and self-acting Adjusters are often able to contribute factors of spiritual import to the human mind when it flows freely in the liberated but controlled channels of creative imagination.

176:1.7 When Jesus heard this, he was thoughtful for some time and then said: “You ever err since you always try to attach the new teaching to the old; you are determined to misunderstand all my teaching; you insist on interpreting the gospel in accordance with your established beliefs. Nevertheless, I will try to enlighten you.”

159:4.4 The Scriptures contain much that is true, very much, but in the light of your present teaching, you know that these writings also contain much that is misrepresentative of the Father in heaven, the loving God I have come to reveal to all the worlds.

159:4.9 But the greatest error of the teaching about the Scriptures is the doctrine of their being sealed books of mystery and wisdom which only the wise minds of the nation dare to interpret.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

Which brings us back to my original question: What is it about the Life Carriers’ extraordinary human package that allows physical stimulus to repercuss in something non-material? What sort of interface does this imply?

I thought I explained my theory about this before, but maybe I’m imagining it. The interface is Life. Are you asking how life interacts with a physical energy system?  We’re told life animates it; vitalizes it; quickens it.  Mind then activates, prods and urges life to animate the physical energy system in a particular direction, which is called evolution.

I think you may have missed the idea? There’s no “forcing” going on, simply a statistical tendency for free-will humans to gravitate toward certain ways of thinking; a tendency that education and culture can readily adjust, but when allowed to flower, leads to characteristically colorful worldviews. Or were you just setting up a little straw man for knocking over?

What you’re describing is a function of the cosmic mind, not the adjutant mind.  Perhaps you are describing a certain proclivity for a specific  interpretation or coordination of  the three cosmic reality reflexes rather than to a specific adjutant mind urge?

16:6.3 The fact of the cosmic mind explains the kinship of various types of human and superhuman minds. Not only are kindred spirits attracted to each other, but kindred minds are also very fraternal and inclined towards co-operation the one with the other. Human minds are sometimes observed to be running in channels of astonishing similarity and inexplicable agreement.

Nigel Nunn wrote:Regarding what I called “personalization of Adjusters by the human technique”, I’m thinking about how the universal Father might see things.
    I don’t think the Universal Father sees fused Adjusters as being personalized.  He doesn’t gift them a new personality, which is what personalization means in TUB.   Adjusters don’t have their very own personality even when they fuse with one.  I also think the “human technique” is a made-up term just like the “Spirit of Fact”.  I don’t see why it’s necessary to do that.  It can only confuse new readers who might start looking for some information about those terms in the text and never find them.    Then of course, if they sincerely want to know more, they only have one source to turn to, the secondary works you’ve written.  That’s a huge, huge responsibility.  Do you really want to go there?
    Just the same, even though I don’t agree with you I very much enjoy hearing your ideas and talking about them.  I actually learn stuff this way because you force me to think.
    Nigel Nunn
    Participant

Bonita wrote:

“Just the same, even though I don’t agree with you I very much enjoy hearing your ideas and talking about them. I actually learn stuff this way because you force me to think.”

Likewise! Where else can we explore such things in such peace?  So thank YOU.

With regard to trying to fit the Adjutant Mind Spirits into old Hindu myth, I see it the other way around.

As a thought experiment (given the actual fact of the Seven Adjutant Mind Spirits), let’s assume that central to the Life Carriers’ task is the evolution of an animal able to respond to the full set of adjutant mind ministry.

Recall that each adjutant seeks “receptivity capacity” independent of its fellows,

(401.6, 36:5.2) The seven adjutant mind-spirits are called by names which are the equivalents of the following designations: intuition, understanding, courage, knowledge, counsel, worship, and wisdom. These mind-spirits send forth their influence into all the inhabited worlds as a differential urge, each seeking receptivity capacity for manifestation quite apart from the degree to which its fellows may find reception and opportunity for function.

Given this independent “reception” and “capacity for manifestation“, my working hypothesis is that the life forms evolved by Life Carriers are characterised by (unrevealed) subtle interfaces, each of which allows one of the adjutant “urges” to be “received”. In this scheme, the “human” of a world is that animal which evolution has equipped with receptors for all seven adjutant circuits.

Now, about those Hindu myths. Picture some bright, sincere soul, who spends 30 years dedicated to exploring her personal private inner world. Should we be surprised if she discovers a thing or two about the seven circuit-like spirits, rhythmically pulsing within?

Let’s say such an explorer chooses to share more or less of her discoveries. Her fellows would naturally ask for clarification, and verification. And so it begins; allow a few thousand years for “man the myth-maker” to spin stories about such subjective, experiential, experimental data, and naturally, we end up with various wildly varying variations on a chakra theme.

I’m sure you can see how a lifetime of more or less faint experiential glimpses of this (more or less unified) differential adjutant ministry could lead to “many a strange ‘ism’…” in credulous, pre-scientific minds. But thanks to UB revelation about this “differential adjutant ministry”, we now have a basis for speculation about what may have caused those myths to evolve.

So, let’s not throw out the actual differential urge along with erroneous beliefs about that urge   :-)

With regard to the “Spirit of Intuition” being able to contact mechanical non-teachable mind, the fact that Yehudi Menuhin can play the triangle does not mean he cannot still lead as First Violin, when the time is right. Recall 62:6.6,

(709.7, 62:6.6) “There was an immediate and new order of mobilization of the seven adjutant mind-spirits.”

Think of this as the day “Yehudi” (Intuition) could stop with the “triangle”, and truly strut his stuff. In other words, not only can the Spirit of Intuition animate an amoeba, once mobilized for service in human mind, she becomes our first taste of those three “Cosmic Intuitions“, the power behind all our future systems of mind.

Regarding the necessary interfaces for adjutant interaction, see 65:6.10:

(738.3, 65:6.10) “The physical brain with its associated nervous system possesses innate capacity for response to mind ministry…”

This of course made me wonder about that “innate capacity“, and about the nature of the implied body/mind interface. And with regard to “preliminary ministry” and sudden shifts (“mobilizations”) in the mode of adjutant ministry, recall:

(739.2, 65:7.6) “[…] They are the source and pattern for the otherwise more or less mysterious behavior and incompletely understood quick reactions of mind to the material environment. Long must these faithful and always dependable influences carry forward their preliminary ministry before the animal mind attains the human levels of spirit receptivity.

In other words, once the precious human level is attained, “Yehudi” (Intuition) moves beyond merely tapping triangles.

Stepping back a bit, remember that we are involved in gracious up-stepping, not zealous overturning. So just as Zoroastrians may be readily intrigued by Urantia Book revelations about their beloved “Seven Master Spirits”, Hindu and Buddhist teachers may be “quivering on the brink”, ready for fresh insight into one of their core beliefs.

Regarding what I called “personalization of Adjusters by the human technique”, if anyone has a more perfect way to describe this eventually existential adjustment of Adjusters, please let us know!

Nigel

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

With regard to trying to fit the Adjutant Mind Spirits into old Hindu myth, I see it the other way around.

Either way, it doesn’t work.  Trying to stuff the chakras into the adjutant mold is the same game as trying to stuff the adjutants into the chakra mold. Six of one, half-dozen t’other. I know you can’t give it up because it’s obvious to me that the Eastern tradition of religion  provides a goodly portion of your scaffolding . . . . and so it is what it is.

As a thought experiment (given the actual fact of the Seven Adjutant Mind Spirits), let’s assume that central to the Life Carriers’ task is the evolution of an animal able to respond to the full set of adjutant mind ministry.

I can accept that with the following caveats:

It is not the Life Carriers who design life patterns, they merely organize the materials for optimum expression. Experiments are done on their worlds to devise the best way to organize those materials before implanting them, as well as to determine the most likely interaction between the life pattern and the known planetary environment at various stages of evolution. Additionally, the interactions between each single phase of adjutant mind ministry with creature physical life is studied on Life Carrier Number Five World. (36:2.18)

The actual life pattern itself is designed by the Creator Son whom I have absolute confidence knows exactly what is necessary in order to evolve a will-being responsive to all seven adjutants. (21:2.10; 36:2.12) The original life plasm contains the full potential for every phase of physical evolutionary development of a will-creature. (36:2.17)  The Life Carriers merely maximize natural resources and circumstances in order to foster its evolution. (65:3.2) The mind adjutants participate in mind evolution by actual contact with life according to the associated  critter’s physical capacity for receptivity.

Once implanted, life plasm will produce a creature who is physically capable of contact with all seven adjutants.  But, the actual evolution of the Master’s original design, with its full potential, is due to not only to the potential within the life pattern and the Life Carriers’ efforts, but also to their integrated function of the with the physical controllers and adjutant mind ministry. (65:0.7) They all work together to foster and directionize evolution but, they cannot and do not change the original life pattern itself, nor can they mechanically intervene in any way to manipulate the process of evolution itself.  (36:2.18; 36:3.7; 62:7.4; 65:3.2)

Wondering if you agree to all of this?

RELATED QUOTES

21:2.10 Notwithstanding that all Creator Sons are divinely like their Paradise parents, none exactly resembles another; each is unique, diverse, exclusive, and original in nature as well as in personality. And since they are the architects and makers of the life plans of their respective realms, this very diversity insures that their domains will also be diverse in every form and phase of Michael-derived living existence which may be created or subsequently evolved therein.

36:2.12 The Second World is the life-designing sphere; here all new modes of life organization are worked out. While the original life designs are provided by the Creator Son, the actual outworking of these plans is intrusted to the Life Carriers and their associates. When the general life plans for a new world have been formulated, they are transmitted to the headquarters sphere, where they are minutely scrutinized by the supreme council of the senior Life Carriers in collaboration with a corps of consulting Melchizedeks. If the plans are a departure from previously accepted formulas, they must be passed upon, and endorsed by, the Creator Son. The chief of Melchizedeks often represents the Creator Son in these deliberations. 

36:2.17   . . . The original life plasm of an evolutionary world must contain the full potential for all future developmental variations and for all subsequent evolutionary changes and modifications.  . . .

36:2.18 Number Five World is concerned wholly with life associated with mind. Each of its satellites is devoted to the study of a single phase of creature mind correlated with creature life.  Mind such as man comprehends is an endowment of the seven adjutant mind-spirits superimposed on the nonteachable or mechanical levels of mind by the agencies of the Infinite Spirit. The life patterns are variously responsive to these adjutants and to the different spirit ministries operating throughout the universes of time and space. The capacity of material creatures to effect spirit response is entirely dependent on the associated mind endowment, which, in turn, has directionized the course of the biologic evolution of these same mortal creatures. 

36:3.7 During the ages intervening between life establishment and the emergence of human creatures of moral status, the Life Carriers are permitted to manipulate the life environment and otherwise favorably directionize the course of biologic evolution. And this they do for long periods of time.

62:7.4  It should not be inferred that Life Carriers ever arbitrarily and mechanically interfere with the natural outworking of the planetary evolutionary plans, for we do not. But up to this time we had been permitted to manipulate the environment and shield the life plasm in a special manner, and it was this extraordinary, but wholly natural, supervision that was to be discontinued.

65:0.7 It is the integrated functioning of the Life Carriers, the physical controllers, and the spirit adjutants that conditions the course of organic evolution on the inhabited worlds. And this is why evolution — on Urantia or elsewhere — is always purposeful and never accidental.

65:3.2 Life Carriers may employ every possible natural resource and may utilize any and all fortuitous circumstances which will enhance the developmental progress of the life experiment, but we are not permitted mechanically to intervene in, or arbitrarily to manipulate the conduct and course of, either plant or animal evolution.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

(401.6, 36:5.2) The seven adjutant mind-spirits are called by names which are the equivalents of the following designations: intuition, understanding, courage, knowledge, counsel, worship, and wisdom. These mind-spirits send forth their influence into all the inhabited worlds as a differential urge, each seeking receptivity capacity for manifestation quite apart from the degree to which its fellows may find reception and opportunity for function.

Given this independent “reception” and “capacity for manifestation“, my working hypothesis is that the life forms evolved by Life Carriers are characterised by (unrevealed) subtle interfaces, each of which allows one of the adjutant “urges” to be “received”. In this scheme, the “human” of a world is that animal which evolution has equipped with receptors for all seven adjutant circuits.

We should unpack that quote. I think there’s a difference between the phrase in the quote, “quite apart from the degree to which its fellows may find reception” and the word you chose to use “independent”.  I get the impression that by “independent” you mean that there is no priority or order to mind ministry, that it’s possible for a critter to ministered to by the third adjutant but not the first or second.  With that system, for example,  it is possible to have critters around with no contact to the first adjutant at all, which would mean they have no self-protective reflexes.  I think that species would be rapidly endangered, which tells me that such a thing is unlikely to be part of a viable evolutionary plan.

I’m certain that every living critter on this planet is ministered to by the first adjutant, and just as the pre-adjutants precede the adjutants, there is a successive order required for all the adjutants, otherwise, why number them.  Contact is determined by capacity alone and the phrase “quite apart from the degree to which its fellows may find reception”, simply means the adjutants do not encircuit simultaneously and uniformly in an all-or-none phenomenon.

Not all critters will have receptivity capacity for all seven adjutants because their mental tanks get full after 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 adjutants, but the their tanks fill in a precise order, each ministry building upon the other. For instance, we’re told in the description of adjutant 4 that it is the faithful associate of the two adjutants which precede it.(36:5.9)  And we’re also told there are no abrupt gaps in mind ministry. (65:7.7)  In the next quote we’re informed that the adjutants become functional one-by-one, which means, according to the dictionary, separately but in succession. Successive, progressive ministry is pretty much the way the experiential universe works.

(737.7) 65:6.7 The lower forms of plant life are wholly responsive to physical, chemical, and electrical environment. But as the scale of life ascends, one by one the mind ministries of the seven adjutant spirits become operative, and the mind becomes increasingly adjustive, creative, co-ordinative, and dominative. The ability of animals to adapt themselves to air, water, and land is not a supernatural endowment, but it is a superphysical adjustment.

Here’s another quote which describes separate and successive, one-by-one contact by the adjutants:

62:6.3 At first only the spirit of intuition could function in the instinctive and reflex behavior of the primordial animal life. With the differentiation of higher types, the spirit of understanding was able to endow such creatures with the gift of spontaneous association of ideas. Later on we observed the spirit of courage in operation; evolving animals really developed a crude form of protective self-consciousness. Subsequent to the appearance of the mammalian groups, we beheld the spirit of knowledge manifesting itself in increased measure. And the evolution of the higher mammals brought the function of the spirit of counsel, with the resulting growth of the herd instinct and the beginnings of primitive social development. 

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

Now, about those Hindu myths. Picture some bright, sincere soul, who spends 30 years dedicated to exploring her personal private inner world. Should we be surprised if she discovers a thing or two about the seven circuit-like spirits, rhythmically pulsing within?

Absolutely surprised.  Navel gazing generally produces nothing of value.  Anyone who is sincerely exploring the inner world rapidly realizes that it must include the outer world, that the two worlds are coordinated and meant to be integrated in loving service.

But that aside, TUB authors explain quite clearly that the ministry of the adjutants is so perfectly integrated that they are essentially indiscernible by the human mind.  So I’m quite sure no navel-gazing yogi is, or was, capable of ever discovering what an individual adjutant is doing within his/her own mind.  Or any one else’s for that matter.

65:7.2 On an evolutionary world much, very much, depends on the work of these seven adjutants. But they are mind ministers; they are not concerned in physical evolution, the domain of the Life Carriers. Nevertheless, the perfect integration of these spirit endowments with the ordained and natural procedure of the unfolding and inherent regime of the Life Carriers is responsible for the mortal inability to discern, in the phenomenon of mind, aught but the hand of nature and the outworking of natural processes, albeit you are occasionally somewhat perplexed in explaining all of everything connected with the natural reactions of mind as it is associated with matter. And if Urantia were operating more in accordance with the original plans, you would observe even less to arrest your attention in the phenomenon of mind.

I’m sure you can see how a lifetime of more or less faint experiential glimpses of this (more or less unified) differential adjutant ministry could lead to “many a strange ‘ism’…” in credulous, pre-scientific minds. But thanks to UB revelation about this “differential adjutant ministry”, we now have a basis for speculation about what may have caused those myths to evolve.

The keyword there is speculation. But useful speculation has to be rational.  Yes, the adjutants provide differential urges, but they behave as a united, coordinated and integrated group within a bona fide human being.  There’s no teasing out the different adjutants on the human level as explained in 65:7.2 above.  Moreover, the cause of strange “isms” mentioned in TUB refer to garbled Adjuster communication, not garbled adjutant communication.  It’s not possible to communicate, or commune, with an adjutant, not even after 30 years of navel gazing or the ” . . . futile practice of Yoga.” (94:7.2)

110:4.5 Many a new religion and strange “ism” has arisen from the aborted, imperfect, misunderstood, and garbled communications of the Thought Adjusters.

So, let’s not throw out the actual differential urge along with erroneous beliefs about that urge

It’s not possible to throw out the adjutants, is it? They’re here to stay, at least until we wean off them.  But it is definitely possible to throw out belief systems, those erroneous scaffoldings which make up so much of human thought.  Each to his own liking, and safety first, of course.  I certainly don’t want someone’s entire mental structure collapsing until a firmer one is built, and it is a fact that a new one will be built because evolution always achieves its goal, including mind evolution.  I don’t think you can stop the evolution of your own mind, all you can do is retard it.

90:3.10 Evolution unerringly achieves its end: It imbues man with that superstitious fear of the unknown and dread of the unseen which is the scaffolding for the God concept. And having witnessed the birth of an advanced comprehension of Deity, through the co-ordinate action of revelation, this same technique of evolution then unerringly sets in motion those forces of thought which will inexorably obliterate the scaffolding, which has served its purpose.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

With regard to the “Spirit of Intuition” being able to contact mechanical non-teachable mind, the fact that Yehudi Menuhin can play the triangle does not mean he cannot still lead as First Violin, when the time is right. Recall 62:6.6,

I think you might be reading a bit too much into the use of the word intuition.  There are many different levels of intuition from basic intuitive instincts up to faith, a form of spiritual intuition. The first adjutant has a form of intuition which does not involve complex understanding or insight.  It’s function is an instinctive type of awareness/perception of a stimulus along with the appropriate quick reflex response.  As the adjutant evolves, there is likely a gradual emergence of a type of learning similar to patterning.  That’s when a preference for a particular reaction to a given stimulus, or sensation, develops after repetitive positive outcome contact.

Regardless, it’s a very primitive type of learning.  I think the primary role of the first adjutant is to set the direction of the underlying life force as it interacts with the various molecular and chemical compounds within its environment.  The first adjutant is an assistant to the four directional control creatures of Salvington and probably the adjutant’s instinctive intuition, or intuitive instinct, is to cohere with them and thus directionize the pre-adjutant mind and life force they are in contact with. 

So using your analogy of Yehudi Menuhin I propose that the fact he has inherited the capacity of receptivity for musicality represents the first adjutant (metaphorically speaking).   He instinctively can relate to pitch, tone, rhythm, etc..  Learning to play the triangle takes a higher level of mind and a different adjutant which urges him to read music, follow the conductor’s rhythm, listen to the orchestra and blend with it, provide the appropriate decibels, proper speed and angle of the beater for the best tone, plus upstep his musicality to enhance his ability  for greater artistry of expression. This way the higher adjutants assist the lower and the lower provides a foundation for the higher while all stay in their proper place.

To become a virtuoso violinist requires yet a new, different and higher set of skills due to the need for greater dexterity and artistry. All of those learned skills of the triangle player also apply to the violin, but now more nimbleness and agility are required in the fingers, wrist and bow arm.  To produce the proper sound also requires a more advanced understanding of physics in regards to the acoustics caused by reverberations produced by the interplay between the hollow wooden instrument and horsetail on catgut at different angles, pressures, positions and millimeters of rosin. There are more tones produced by the violin, more liveliness available from manipulating the tension in the horsetails and pressure on the strings. The bow arm adds more color as it can be light or heavy, fast or slow, flat or angled. The fingers provide accents with the proper amount of vibrato at just the right time at just the right frequency. This requires additional and higher adjutants who assist the lower while integrating, coordinating and synchronizing the overall output.

Again, all of these things require the lowest abilities integrated and coordinated with the highest abilities, or differently stated, the lower adjutants integrated and coordinated with the highest adjutants, and in humans, under the dominance and control of the 7th adjutant, the chief of the all the others.  They work together to produce the art but with one governing leader.  The way you have presented the metaphor is to suggest that the first adjutant suddenly morphs into a brand new role, more or less usurping the roles played by the other adjutants.  My understanding is that once a first adjutant, always a first adjutant.  There is no morphing, but there is evolving, but presumably each adjutant can only evolve so far. Otherwise it would morph into a a different adjutant altogether, stepping on the toes of its fellows.

RELATED QUOTES

34:4.12 But it was of Salvington that John wrote: “And out of the throne proceeded lightnings and thunderings and voices” — the universe broadcasts to the local systems. He also envisaged the directional control creatures of the local universe, the living compasses of the headquarters world. This directional control in Nebadon is maintained by the four control creatures of Salvington, who operate over the universe currents and are ably assisted by the first functioning mind-spirit, the adjutant of intuition, the spirit of “quick understanding.” But the description of these four creatures — called beasts — has been sadly marred; they are of unparalleled beauty and exquisite form.

36:5.13 The adjutant mind-spirits experientially grow, but they never become personal. They evolve in function, and the function of the first five in the animal orders is to a certain extent essential to the function of all seven as human intellect. This animal relationship makes the adjutants more practically effective as human mind; hence animals are to a certain extent indispensable to man’s intellectual as well as to his physical evolution. 

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

(709.7, 62:6.6) “There was an immediate and new order of mobilization of the seven adjutant mind-spirits.”

I’m not sure how you understand this quote, but the way I understand it is explained in 65:7.7 and 110:6.3. The first quote explains the overlapping of mind ministry and second quote explains the phenomenon of the spirit of wisdom becoming the director of adjutant mind ministry with the arrival of the Holy Spirit.  I think mobilization refers to these new changes which accompany the fact of adjutant #7 becoming chief all the adjutants thus establishing a “new order,” along with the mobilization of the very first appearance of the Holy Spirit as an additional and overlapping mind ministry.

Yes, something brand new happened concerning the order and mobilization of mind ministry on the planet, but there’s nothing to suggest that the individual adjutants themselves changed in function except in regards to their new integration into a whole ministry.  Granted they would all continue to evolve individually, but under a new leadership and as one body.  I doubt very much that this means the adjutants morph into some different or higher role, it just means that they continue to evolve as before, but in humans, wisdom is the boss, and he answers to the Holy Spirit, and they all perform their roles as a united ministry.

The various intellectual parts are always dominated by the totality of the whole since mind is unity. (111:2.1)  Throughout the progress of the planet, and also in the individual, there are several points where new mind functions are added, or overlapped.   A similar type of new mind ministry phenomenon occurs when a planet reaches the sixth stage of light and life when a new function of cosmic wisdom is added. (55:4.21) Interesting that something similar happens when the sixth adjutant makes contact. (65:7.7) There’s something about the sixth level approaching the seventh that sets up the capacity for more help from above.  This sort of thing also happens within the individual mind, as it progresses through the psychic circles and again when it reaches the first circle, new functions of  mind ministry are added to fill increasing capacity, but always united. (5:2.5; 110:6.21; 111:3.4)  Mind is unity . . . (102:2.5; 111:1.2; 111:2.1) . . .  which incidentally is why it cannot tolerate double allegiance.

RELATED QUOTES

5:2.5   As the soul of joint mind and Adjuster creation becomes increasingly existent, there also evolves a new phase of soul consciousness which is capable of experiencing the presence, and of recognizing the spirit leadings and other supermaterial activities, of the Mystery Monitors.

55:4.21 6. The sixth stage of light and life witnesses the development of new functions of the mind circuits of the realm. Cosmic wisdom seems to become constitutive in the universe ministry of mind.

65:7.7 The adjutants function exclusively in the evolution of experiencing mind up to the level of the sixth phase, the spirit of worship. At this level there occurs that inevitable overlapping of ministry — the phenomenon of the higher reaching down to co-ordinate with the lower in anticipation of subsequent attainment of advanced levels of development. And still additional spirit ministry accompanies the action of the seventh and last adjutant, the spirit of wisdom. Throughout the ministry of the spirit world the individual never experiences abrupt transitions of spirit co-operation; always are these changes gradual and reciprocal.

102:2.5  Mind is unity; mortal consciousness lives on the mind level and perceives the universal realities through the eyes of the mind endowment.

110:6.21 The seven circles embrace mortal experience extending from the highest purely animal level to the lowest actual contactual morontia level of self-consciousness as a personality experience. The mastery of the first cosmic circle signalizes the attainment of premorontia mortal maturity and marks the termination of the conjoint ministry of the adjutant mind-spirits as an exclusive influence of mind action in the human personality. Beyond the first circle, mind becomes increasingly akin to the intelligence of the morontia stage of evolution, the conjoined ministry of the cosmic mind and the superadjutant endowment of the Creative Spirit of a local universe.

110:6.13 The seventh circle. This level is entered when human beings develop the powers of personal choice, individual decision, moral responsibility, and the capacity for the attainment of spiritual individuality. This signifies the united function of the seven adjutant mind-spirits under the direction of the spirit of wisdom, the encircuitment of the mortal creature in the influence of the Holy Spirit, and, on Urantia, the first functioning of the Spirit of Truth, together with the reception of a Thought Adjuster in the mortal mind. Entrance upon the seventh circle constitutes a mortal creature a truly potential citizen of the local universe.

111:1.2 There is a cosmic unity in the several mind levels of the universe of universes.

111:2.1 Throughout the mind functions of cosmic intelligence, the totality of mind is dominant over the parts of intellectual function. Mind, in its essence, is functional unity; therefore does mind never fail to manifest this constitutive unity, even when hampered and hindered by the unwise actions and choices of a misguided self. And this unity of mind invariably seeks for spirit co-ordination on all levels of its association with selves of will dignity and ascension prerogatives.

111:3.4 Both the human mind and the divine Adjuster are conscious of the presence and differential nature of the evolving soul—the Adjuster fully, the mind partially. The soul becomes increasingly conscious of both the mind and the Adjuster as associated identities, proportional to its own evolutionary growth. The soul partakes of the qualities of both the human mind and the divine spirit but persistently evolves toward augmentation of spirit control and divine dominance through the fostering of a mind function whose meanings seek to co-ordinate with true spirit value. 

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 103 total)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.