2018 International Study Day

Home Forums Online Urantia Book Study Groups International Study Days 2018 International Study Day

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 103 total)
  • Author
    Nigel Nunn
    Participant

Dear Bonita,

You’ve created quite a stir in Australia. Our main study group (Sydney) has printed your extraordinary study of the Life Carriers, and will be exploring your insights over coming weeks.

Thank you, and well done!   :good:

PS: given the intimate connection between the material life systems fostered by the Life Carriers, and the adjutant circuits ministered by the Divine Minister, you might like to review some recent reflections on the nature of the psychosomatic interface with this level of mind:

Quivering on the brink – the inner world of mankind

I’d especially like your thoughts on my Sangik speculation (page 11). Given the genetic similarity of all the Sangik siblings, whatever it is that distinguished these original homo-sapiens, it must have been almost “non-material”. My speculation is that this difference may have been some tiny and subtle difference in “adjutant attunement”. Recall that weird bit about each adjutant “seeking receptivity capacity” ( 36:5.2, 401.6 ):

“[…].  These mind-spirits send forth their influence into all the inhabited worlds as a differential urge, each seeking receptivity capacity for manifestation quite apart from the degree to which its fellows may find reception and opportunity for function.” (36:5.2)

Nigel

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

Thanks Nigel.  I wish some of your folks who are all stirred up would come here on the forum to discuss their thoughts.  It would be a real treat.

In regards to your paper I like it a lot. There’s some good stuff there, and some stuff I don’t get at all.  But if you want me to view it with a critical eye, there are a few matters on which I have a somewhat different understanding, for instance:

It’s my contention that the adjutants minister to mind, not to neuropeptides.  They are mind ministers, not brain ministers. The brain is not the mind; mind is something added to brain.  Neuropeptides and biochemistry are primarily the business of the Physical Controllers along with the Life Carriers.

(738.5) 65:7.2 On an evolutionary world much, very much, depends on the work of these seven adjutants. But they are mind ministers; they are not concerned in physical evolution, the domain of the Life Carriers.

It is also my contention that the Life Carriers’ job is not evolution itself, but rather determining the best direction for evolution to take.  They do this by manipulating the environment, not the life patterns themselves.  They do not continue to “build” a system after life is implanted.

(733.8) 65:3.2 Life Carriers may employ every possible natural resource and may utilize any and all fortuitous circumstances which will enhance the developmental progress of the life experiment, but we are not permitted mechanically to intervene in, or arbitrarily to manipulate the conduct and course of, either plant or animal evolution.

It is also my contention that the role of the seventh adjutant, the adjutant of wisdom, is not just to “integrate subconscious stimulation,” as you have implied, but rather to integrate and coordinate everything within the mind that has potential value for conscious decision making.  Consciousness is critical to wise decision making. For instance, it is the role of the spirit of wisdom to place consciously made, free-will decisions into the supermind of the soul where the Adjuster does his work during sleep.  Wisdom is the acme of our  intellectual performance (36:5.12) and conscious moral decisions are our highest wisdom (16:8.8).  Wisdom is defined in TUB as knowledge directed by experiential reason and illuminated by divine revelation (92:2.1), as well as meditative and experiential thinking (85:7.3). As I understand it, wisdom requires deep conscious thinking for which the subconscious plays only a minor role.

I’m wondering if you could further interpret this statement for me: “Sadly, some of us spend our entire mortal span without ever successfully aligning to the fundamental adjutant pattern.”

Although I doubt you mean it, this sentence sounds as if you’re saying that the seventh adjutant never attains its goal in some people.  It is certainly one interpretation of what you’ve written which would mean that such people would not have souls and would not have the opportunity to get the job, ” . . . completed in the humidicribs and nurseries of the mansion worlds.”  I would think that anyone who has entered the seventh psychic circle has been successfully aligned to the fundamental adjutant pattern. Successful alignment of all seven adjutants is a prerequisite for even having a soul. After achieving the seventh circle, the goal is to wean the mind off the fundamental adjutant pattern, no?

In regards to the Sangik races TUB tells us a great deal. First, all 19 of the Sangik children were intellectually superior.  Immediately you have to assume greater brain capacity.  Of course brain capacity increases receptivity, which means more physical fuel for thinking.  More thinking increases the ability of the adjutants to do their work, not directly with the chemicals in the brain,  but rather due to the increased ability of mind to generate, integrate, associate and coordinate more thought. (The neurochemicals themselves are still under the auspices of the Physical Controllers, being mechanical in nature.)

For instance, what made the red race more prone to develop civilization and government?  They are the smartest race as well as the most spiritual.  Could that be due to the work of the fifth adjutant of counsel and the sixth adjutant of worship?  Possibly, but more likely it has something to do with the brain itself.  One might ask, what parts of the brain become more developed in the red race?  Did they have more folds in the cortex? Larger pyramidal cells? More axons and dendrites?  A larger frontal lobe for executive planning?  More myelin on the nerve sheaths for faster impulse transmission? Quicker regeneration of neural contacts after injury?  Better utilization of glucose, ADP? There are so many factors which can change a person’s ability to think.  (I should know having had half my brain nearly wiped out. I now know exactly what my thalamus can and cannot do. But I can know that apart from having one that is miserably dysfunctional.  I can see myself seeing myself . . .  the role of personality . . . but I digress.)

Finally, it is my personal pet peeve when it comes to describing the soul, that so many forget to give credit to the work of the Holy Spirit.  Without her there would be no soul.   Also, why is the role of personality always left out of these discussions? Otherwise, I have nothing to say.  ;-)

Nigel Nunn
    Participant

Bonita wrote:

“I’m wondering if you could further interpret this statement for me: ‘Sadly, some of us spend our entire mortal span without ever successfully aligning to this fundamental adjutant pattern.’

What I had in mind was that in a more normal post-Adamic culture, in a wise and loving family, the “natural urges” of a child would more naturally align with the urges mediated by the Divine Minister via her adjutant “level of consciousness“( 36:5.4, 402.1 ). Then, given this early harmonious and robust attunement with those seven “rhythmic pulsations” ( 117:5.7, 1286.5 ), the young human would naturally have the intellectual balance and coordination to get on with identifying with the Adjuster-interpreted ideals woven into the embryonic morontia form, thus making possible a natural transfer of the seat of identity. “Sadly, some of us… ” never quite learn to play in tune, so the first few mansion worlds serve as morontia humidicribs.

Regarding that (intended and very natural) transfer of the seat of our identity, my guess is that one aspect of Michael’s mortal bestowal was to check that such soul birth — while incarnate — is possible, given little more than a loving family and stable culture. And if so, to demonstrate to his Father how it’s done. In other words, that Michael’s implementation of his Father’s scheme (for personalizing his Father’s Adjuster fragments via humanization) actually works.

Bonita wrote:

“Although I doubt you mean it, this sentence sounds as if you’re saying that the seventh adjutant never attains its goal in some people. […]”

Attains its goal?  Hmm, by definition, all bona-fide normal human minds engage with all seven adjutant circuits. The idea I have in mind is that each of us is free to respond, or not, to this normalizing ministry. So while the Spirit of Wisdom (by definition) is hooked up, it’s our responsibility to cultivate our “interface” with this urge (practice makes perfect).

Regarding such “interfaces“, Bonita wrote:

“It’s my contention that the adjutants minister to mind, not to neuropeptides. They are mind ministers, not brain ministers. The brain is not the mind; mind is something added to brain. Neuropeptides and biochemistry are primarily the business of the Physical Controllers along with the Life Carriers.”

Yes indeed! On the other hand, given that the Life Carriers’ job is to evolve animals that can respond to adjutant urge, my intuition has always been that there must be some interface between what the Life Carriers succeed in evolving, and those seven differential urges.

The only tradition of evidence for such interfaces is the system of energy centers mapped by those “with eyes to see” (recall the extended visual range of Adam and Eve,  76:4.5, 851.3 ). My own weird and clumsy personal experience (of selectively responding to those differential adjutant urges) confirms the essence of the idea, “faintly glimpsed” in those traditional maps.

Regarding participation by Aussie students: calling Rita, Kathleen…  ;-)

Regarding the relationship of Holy Spirit, Personality and soul, a working title for the pic below is:

— You, choosing —

You Choose

Nigel

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

Regarding that (intended and very natural) transfer of the seat of our identity, my guess is that one aspect of Michael’s mortal bestowal was to check that such soul birth — while incarnate — is possible, given little more than a loving family and stable culture. And if so, to demonstrate to his Father how it’s done. In other words, that Michael’s implementation of his Father’s scheme (for personalizing his Father’s Adjuster fragments via humanization) actually works.

Didn’t Enoch and Elijah settle that question long before Jesus arrived?  And why would God need to be shown how it’s done?  Are you saying he doesn’t know?  This sounds like a bit of a stretch to me, Nigel.  I’m not buying.  Although I somewhat agree with your premise, but would qualify it differently. I think Jesus’ incarnation was a trifold revelation: he revealed God to man; he revealed man to man; and, he revealed man’s nature to God.   Rather than demonstrating to God “how it’s done,” he demonstrated to man “how it’s done,”  and in the process revealed to his Father a new interpretation of man’s reaction to all the tribulations involved in getting it done.  I’m pretty sure God already knows how it’s done.  Isn’t it the experiential struggle of each individual human which adds color and depth to the mosaic of his already replete knowledge?

(196.2) 16:9.6 Jesus not only revealed God to man, but he also made a new revelation of man to himself and to other men. In the life of Jesus you see man at his best. Man thus becomes so beautifully real because Jesus had so much of God in his life, and the realization (recognition) of God is inalienable and constitutive in all men.

(1328.5) 120:2.8 “8. Your great mission to be realized and experienced in the mortal incarnation is embraced in your decision to live a life wholeheartedly motivated to do the will of your Paradise Father, thus to reveal God, your Father, in the flesh and especially to the creatures of the flesh. At the same time you will also interpret, with a new enhancement, our Father, to the supermortal beings of all Nebadon. Equally with this ministry of new revelation and augmented interpretation of the Paradise Father to the human and the superhuman type of mind, you will also so function as to make a new revelation of man to God. Exhibit in your one short life in the flesh, as it has never before been seen in all Nebadon, the transcendent possibilities attainable by a God-knowing human during the short career of mortal existence, and make a new and illuminating interpretation of man and the vicissitudes of his planetary life to all the superhuman intelligences of all Nebadon, and for all time. You are to go down to Urantia in the likeness of mortal flesh, and living as a man in your day and generation, you will so function as to show your entire universe the ideal of perfected technique in the supreme engagement of the affairs of your vast creation: The achievement of God seeking man and finding him and the phenomenon of man seeking God and finding him; and doing all of this to mutual satisfaction and doing it during one short lifetime in the flesh.

I don’t want to sound too critical lest I scare you off.  Rather I’d like to thank you for engaging in the conversation.  I have a few more questions about what you posted, and some insights I’d like to share as well, especially about that interface.  But first I’d like to know what you think about what I just said.  Or an opinion from any other person for that matter.  I spent a lot of time working on this life carrier thing and would love to talk about it with someone besides myself.  The international study day is supposed to be an opportunity for those of us without study groups.  Help!  Where is everyone?  There’s an echo in here.👀

Rita Schaad
    Rita Schaad
    Participant

Kooee – I’m calling back across the ether Bonita!

I can understand your great frustration and disappointment of how little an impact and response has come from this ‘ International event’ . Despite promoting it on various sites and still taking every opportunity to insert the link and encourage UB students to engage with this superb Study of yours – there is practically nil result.

Maybe there is just too much on at the activity front or people simply appreciate the study and your commentary and ponder them further in their own time.  I wonder myself, why readers out there in the wide diaspora don’t leap at such occasions and nourish their need to commune and discuss with others.

Honestly, as for me, I just finished reading it all and although I had many aha moments that made me sit up straight … putting those thoughts and feelings down in words is another matter entirely. If we could sit together and chat in real time……
    But as Nigel said, I have saved all of your and Bradly’s comments in a separate document to be available as a Study aid or for later publication elsewhere.
    All is not lost – yet!!

The whole part of Chapter 5,  about the adjutants and the individual mention of each of them is such a rich and compact section by itself. Wonderful !
    Then-  the timeline from the first scouting party to the appearance of Will – gosh, it’s mindboggling! Also the issue about the 12 or 3  primal life plans – something I have not at all pondered yet, but then, I always have loved the They talk about pattern – somehow I can visualize this.

By the way – today is the anniversary of Carl G. Jung’s death. He too said in an interview I saw recently ( on you tube) -” Man has a pattern – Man IS a pattern”….  I have wondered often , if the Revelators have used some of his findings as …from highest concepts in present day knowledge.

Well – we can only persevere in what we do and provide those Fora and facilitate those Events that capture what goes on ( or even potentially could go on)  in this ‘ movement’ .

Be of good cheer – the  Master used to say, and thanks for all you do for this Forum of Students of the Urantia Book.

Rita

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

But as Nigel said, I have saved all of your and Bradly’s comments in a separate document to be available as a Study aid or for later publication elsewhere. All is not lost – yet!!

Thank you Rita, but I fear it’s possible that all might be lost, at least for me.  My posts were written to encourage discussion, they were not meant to be essays. Without discussion the enterprise seems futile.  But I do very, very much appreciate the opportunity you gave me to host this year’s international study day.  The work was enriching for me, I gained a lot from it and I tried to not only share what I learned but also inspire others to dig a little deeper for their own enrichment.  I pretty much failed at that, but it too is a learning opportunity, right?  Moving on.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

The only tradition of evidence for such interfaces is the system of energy centers mapped by those “with eyes to see” (recall the extended visual range of Adam and Eve,  76:4.5, 851.3 ). My own weird and clumsy personal experience (of selectively responding to those differential adjutant urges) confirms the essence of the idea, “faintly glimpsed” in those traditional maps.

Nigel, I’m wondering if you would mind translating the above paragraph for me.  I’ve read it several times and it sounds to me like you’re saying that Adam and Eve had the ability to see “energy centers” in the human body and those centers were mapped out and passed down as a tradition.  What did they see, or what do you think they saw, and what are the “traditional maps” you are referring to???

Nigel Nunn
    Participant

Bonita wrote,

“[…] it sounds to me like you’re saying that Adam and Eve had the ability to see “energy centers” in the human body and those centers were mapped out and passed down as a tradition. What did they see, or what do you think they saw, and what are the “traditional maps” you are referring to ???”

Hi Bonita!  Given that Adam and Eve would have known everything there was to know about the adjutant input to human mind, if there was a map to be made, they certainly could have made it.  Add to this the fact that Adam and Eve could plainly see midwayers, angels, the Melchizedeks and Caligastia ( 76:4.5, 851.3 ), and that the secondary midwayers “exist just outside the range of mortal vision” ( 77:8.11, 865.4 )

Given all this, I’m happy to accommodate the idea that certain clear-seeing (“clairvoyant”) humans (with a touch of Violet epigenetic activation?) can literally see the reported (and much studied) energy centers, apparently aligned with those 5 neural plexuses along the spinal cord, and with two buried deep in the brain.  Add to his the idea of “gut feelings“, and how courageous folk are said to have “the heart of a lion“, those “traditional maps” I mentioned become interesting.

You can find a version of such a map, nested within the Holy Spirit’s mind womb, on (link:) page 6 of that paper.

Regarding Michael “showing his Father how it’s done“, what I had in mind was more like a small child (Michael), showing his very proud Dad (First Source and Center) how to ride a bike (personalize an Adjuster). What was truly unique here was that Jesus achieved this success via a simple life of loving service, defined by the sharing of his inner life with his inner Light.

Nigel

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

Thank you so much for your response Nigel.  I think I’m beginning to understand your point of view.  But I’m sorry to tell you that I do not believe chakras exist, nor do I believe clairvoyants exist and I certainly don’t believe Adam and Eve had microscopic vision.  I do, however, agree that they would definitely have knowledge of everything that has to do with material life on this planet, even on the molecular level, but I see no reason why they would produce “maps” of human anatomy since it would have been considered unearned knowledge.

I have my own point of view on the so-called “interface” for what it’s worth.  Of course I don’t expect you, or anyone else for that matter, to agree with it.  In a nutshell, I think the “interface” is between mind and life itself.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

You can find a version of such a map, nested within the Holy Spirit’s mind womb, on (link:) page 6 of that paper.

Correct me if I’m wrong.  Are you saying that all seven adjutants are part of the Holy Spirit?

Incidentally, if you still want my opinion about those colors, first of all I don’t think the adjutants have anything to do with chakras or  neural plexuses, and I certainly cannot, even using all my imagination, equate the red race with the sacral plexus. In fact I think it’s a racial insult to even try. To be truthful, I’m a little shocked by it. Sorry to be so blunt.

Jesus once told his apostles that their difficulty with understanding him was due to the error of trying to build new teachings directly upon the old (140:6.2).  I think your attempt to take the new teaching about adjutant mind ministry and build it directly upon an old teaching from mystics is doomed to fail.  Again, I guess that’s a bit blunt, but I don’t know how else to say it.  But please keep in mind that just because I don’t like your idea, it doesn’t mean I don’t like you.  I do. I value you the same regardless of your ideas on this.  In fact, I think it’s fantastic that you’re willing to discuss them.  And thanks for asking for my opinion.  I really appreciate it.

wentworth
    Participant

Hi Bonita

You write:  Another question that puzzles me concerns life itself.  When it comes to evolution, does life itself change or does its manifestation change?  Or both? In other words, is it life itself that evolves or is it the forms that life embodies that evolve?

I notice this on p1227

(1227.3) 112:1.13 Life is really a process which takes place between the organism (selfhood) and its environment.

and in the next paragraph:

1227.4) 112:1.14 Physical life is a process taking place not so much within the organism as between the organism and the environment. And every such process tends to create and establish organismal patterns of reaction to such an environment.

Furthermore, on p204

(204.3) 17:6.7 4. The Life-Creation Era. Upon the declaration of intention to create life by the Creator Son, there ensue on Paradise the “personalization ceremonies,” participated in by the Seven Master Spirits and personally experienced by the supervising Master Spirit. This is a Paradise Deity contribution to the individuality of the Spirit consort of the Creator Son and becomes manifest to the universe in the phenomenon of “the primary eruption” in the person of the Infinite Spirit. Simultaneously with this phenomenon on Paradise, the heretofore impersonal Spirit consort of the Creator Son becomes, to all practical intents and purposes, a bona fide person. Henceforth and forevermore, this same local universe Mother Spirit will be regarded as a person and will maintain personal relations with all the personality hosts of the ensuing life creation.

These quotes suggest to me that life as we know it–material creature life–is something not necessarily categorised as either material or spiritual, but is something bestowed by the (now personal) Divine Minister of Salvington of a “life source” in Paradise through the Infinite Spirit.  It seems unlikely that such a phenomenon itself would evolve.  It is more likely that it is the manifestations of it would be the focus of evolution and the concern of the Life Carriers.

I think this view is supported by page 404

404.4) 36:6.6 We speak of life as “energy” and as “force,” but it is really neither. Force-energy is variously gravity responsive; life is not. Pattern is also nonresponsive to gravity, being a configuration of energies that have already fulfilled all gravity-responsive obligations. Life, as such, constitutes the animation of some pattern-configured or otherwise segregated system of energy — material, mindal, or spiritual.

(404.5) 36:6.7 There are some things connected with the elaboration of life on the evolutionary planets which are not altogether clear to us. We fully comprehend the physical organization of the electrochemical formulas of the Life Carriers, but we do not wholly understand the nature and source of the life-activation spark. We know that life flows from the Father through the Son and by the Spirit. It is more than possible that the Master Spirits are the sevenfold channel of the river of life which is poured out upon all creation. But we do not comprehend the technique whereby the supervising Master Spirit participates in the initial episode of life bestowal on a new planet. The Ancients of Days, we are confident, also have some part in this inauguration of life on a new world, but we are wholly ignorant of the nature thereof. We do know that the Universe Mother Spirit actually vitalizes the lifeless patterns and imparts to such activated plasm the prerogatives of organismal reproduction.

We are informed on page 737

(737.1) 65:6.1 It is impossible accurately to determine, simultaneously, the exact location and the velocity of a moving object; any attempt at measurement of either inevitably involves change in the other. The same sort of a paradox confronts mortal man when he undertakes the chemical analysis of protoplasm. The chemist can elucidate the chemistry of dead protoplasm, but he cannot discern either the physical organization or the dynamic performance of living protoplasm. Ever will the scientist come nearer and nearer the secrets of life, but never will he find them and for no other reason than that he must kill protoplasm in order to analyze it. Dead protoplasm weighs the same as living protoplasm, but it is not the same.

I conclude that though we experience life, we will never understand it fully.  And I cannot see how life itself could evolve.  It is the manifestations of life which evolve, not life itself.

wentworth
    Participant

Hi Bonita again.  You write:

Are the three primal life plans which are segregated on three different types of planets in Nebadon related to the atmospheric types (sub-, mid-, and nonbreathers)? Or, are they talking about the series, one, two and three groups of planets related to Adjuster indwelling?  Or something else altogether?

I think they may be referring to the normal adjustment group, the radical adjustment group and the experimental group.  See page 565:

(565.11) 49:5.10 1. Adjustment to planetary environment. There are three general groups of inhabited worlds from the standpoint of the adjustment of creature life to the planetary environment: the normal adjustment group, the radical adjustment group, and the experimental group.

But like you I do not understand the use of the number 12.  It is tempting to equate the 48 pattern traits (two groups of 24) with human chromosomes, but geneticists identify only 46 chromosomes (two groups of 23), although some I have heard of see a partial 24th, but this is controversial.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

Hi Wentworth,

Thanks so much for your comments. Your contribution has made me extremely happy. (Not that it’s all about me, I just enjoy discussion so much. It stimulates learning.)

I have to agree with you, life is the animating interface for the evolution of its vehicle.  Inherent in life is the ability to mobilize and transmute physical energy, (41:2.5) which would suggest that life alone is sufficient to begin the process of spinning the wheels of evolution. Life is animated. All life is endowed with adaptability, flexibility and an insatiable drive for ever increasing perfection of environmental adjustment and realization.(65:6.2) In addition to life’s own inherent divine purpose there is the initial endowment of pre-adjutant mind, the mind of the Physical Controllers, superimposed upon it.  Pre-adjutant mind further directionizes basic life responses to its environment until the vehicle is evolved enough for the superimposition of adjutant mind. (Which means that adjutant mind is superimposed upon pre-adjutant mind and pre-adjutant mind is superimposed upon life itself, and it is mind that conditions evolution.)

In regards to your second post, I don’t believe the author of 36:2.11 is saying that there are two groups of 24 chromosomes within each human sex cell.  They are talking about the potential, or options, for 48 different hereditary trait determiners, or patterns of hereditary control, contained within all the sex cells combined between the two parents.  Here’s my explanation:

Mothers donate 22 autosomal chromosomes and fathers donate a different set of 22, for a total of 44 autosomal (non-sex) options. Then there are the additional sex-determining options.  Mothers offer 2 options of X chromosomes, one from her mother and one from her father, therefore the mother adds 2 more options to make 46.  Fathers offer another 2 options, either an X from his mother or a Y from his father, which adds 2 more options for a total of 48 potential options of hereditary patterns in all sex cells combined.  The authors are talking about the potential options of inheritance within the total genome of two parents of opposite sexes. Obviously, not all options are utilized, if they were, everyone would have a Y chromosome, and that could get a bit confusing.  I believe life is designed to become less and less confusing.

Quotes mentioned above:

(397.11) 36:2.11 The number ten — the decimal system — is inherent in the physical universe but not in the spiritual. The domain of life is characterized by three, seven, and twelve or by multiples and combinations of these basic numbers. There are three primal and essentially different life plans, after the order of the three Paradise Sources and Centers, and in the universe of Nebadon these three basic forms of life are segregated on three different types of planets. There were, originally, twelve distinct and divine concepts of transmissible life. This number twelve, with its subdivisions and multiples, runs throughout all basic life patterns of all seven superuniverses. There are also seven architectural types of life design, fundamental arrangements of the reproducing configurations of living matter. The Orvonton life patterns are configured as twelve inheritance carriers. The differing orders of will creatures are configured as 12, 24, 48, 96, 192, 384, and 768. On Urantia there are forty-eight units of pattern control — trait determiners — in the sex cells of human reproduction. 

(457.4) 41:2.5 Life has inherent capacity for the mobilization and transmutation of universal energy. You are familiar with the action of vegetable life in transforming the material energy of light into the varied manifestations of the vegetable kingdom. You also know something of the method whereby this vegetative energy can be converted into the phenomena of animal activities, but you know practically nothing of the technique of the power directors and the physical controllers, who are endowed with ability to mobilize, transform, directionize, and concentrate the manifold energies of space.

(737.2) 65:6.2 There is original endowment of adaptation in living things and beings. In every living plant or animal cell, in every living organism — material or spiritual — there is an insatiable craving for the attainment of ever-increasing perfection of environmental adjustment, organismal adaptation, and augmented life realization. These interminable efforts of all living things evidence the existence within them of an innate striving for perfection.

wentworth
    Participant

Well Bonita, you’re really setting the pace!

I’d like to ask your opinion on another thing which puzzles me about life.

About 550 million years ago life was established on Urantia.  But biologists have discovered evidence of organisms, which they claim to have been alive a couple of billion years before then.  This is a puzzle which many readers have noticed, but as far as I know none have solved.  I view of the fact that Urantia was considerably smaller then, with a molten surface subject to continuous bombardment from space bodies, the puzzle is even more intriguing.

Readers have advanced various theories to account for this discrepancy.  The ones I have heard of are:

1.      The biologists define life differently from the UB.  What they have discovered are not living as defined by the UB, but really just        complex molecules which have a few lifelike properties.

2.    These primitive forms are alive, but have been transported to Urantia from other life implanted planets as a result of cosmic catastrophes.

3.     The biologists are mistaken because they don’t realise that their radiometric dating systems fail to account for the variation in the rate of decay which is under the conscious control of life carriers and their superiors in planetary management.

I don’t find any of these explanations very convincing.  The first because the lifelike properties seem to include reproduction, the second because such organisms would still be arriving in the present, and no evidence exists that they do, and the third because the revelators make no mention of such a phenomenon.

There are no doubt other theories which I have not encountered.

Does this interest you?

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

Does this interest you?

I’ll be honest, it doesn’t.  There’s only one thing I’m absolutely sure about though, science is not settled.  How often have we discovered that science has been wrong about something? Just recently they changed the speculated age of the universe, admitting their figures concerning the so-called “Big Bang” might be wrong. Such errors have occurred enough times for me to think it would be wise to keep an open mind on the subject.  Moreover, I’m not a geologist so my opinion on the matter is moot.  All I can do is offer the following quote which explains how errors in dating may occur:

(671.2) 58:7.9 During these times of primitive marine life, extensive areas of the continental shores sank beneath the seas from a few feet to half a mile. Much of the older sandstone and conglomerates represents the sedimentary accumulations of these ancient shores. The sedimentary rocks belonging to this early stratification rest directly upon those layers which date back far beyond the origin of life, back to the early appearance of the world-wide ocean.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 103 total)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.