What are cosmic relationships?

Home Forums Urantia Book General Discussions What are cosmic relationships?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 55 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

You are saying the two race theory predates the six race theory? Could you elaborate more on the two race theory.

Sorry B.B., I don’t have much power left on this computer, so I will need to wait to respond a little latter.  I’ll get back to you on this.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

Midi, comparing one who has had diverse choices vs. someone who has had very limited choices, do you think the latter has deprived self of experiences needed for soul growth or maybe that person stunted soul growth?

I know you asked Midi, but here is a quote that might answer your question.  Social environment, which would or would not include diversity of choices, cannot affect soul growth as long as the personality is dedicated to doing God’s will.

100:1.6 Religious experience is markedly influenced by physical health, inherited temperament, and social environment. But these temporal conditions do not inhibit inner spiritual progress by a soul dedicated to the doing of the will of the Father in heaven. There are present in all normal mortals certain innate drives toward growth and self-realization which function if they are not specifically inhibited. The certain technique of fostering this constitutive endowment of the potential of spiritual growth is to maintain an attitude of wholehearted devotion to supreme values.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

I wonder if TAs that have accumulated human experiences during previous incarnations impart those values onto the hosting mind. In such circumstance, the personality, necessarily, may not have to go through those respective experiences? Survivable, spiritual values ‘counterparted’ from those previous incarnations somehow could be credited to the newly indwelt mind?

Soul growth occurs by making decisions.  Decisions, decisions and more decisions (39:4.14)  Values cannot be credited from one personality to the another.  They have to be earned. They must be discovered, recognized, interpreted and chosen by the personality before they can become the personality values of the soul.

There is a difference between spiritual values and personality values.  The Adjuster retains all spiritual values achieved by the indwelt personality.  The personality values achieved by the personality are part of the soul.  If the personality, and hence soul, fail to survive, the personality values become part of the personality of the Supreme while spiritual values become part of the Adjuster.

16:9.3 If mortal man fails to survive natural death, the real spiritual values of his human experience survive as a part of the continuing experience of the Thought Adjuster. The personality values of such a nonsurvivor persist as a factor in the personality of the actualizing Supreme Being. Such persisting qualities of personality are deprived of identity but not of experiential values accumulated during the mortal life in the flesh. The survival of identity is dependent on the survival of the immortal soul of morontia status and increasingly divine value. Personality identity survives in and by the survival of the soul.

Brooklyn_born
    Brooklyn_born
    Participant

I wonder if TAs that have accumulated human experiences during previous incarnations impart those values onto the hosting mind. In such circumstance, the personality, necessarily, may not have to go through those respective experiences? Survivable, spiritual values ‘counterparted’ from those previous incarnations somehow could be credited to the newly indwelt mind?

Soul growth occurs by making decisions. Decisions, decisions and more decisions (39:4.14) Values cannot be credited from one personality to the another. They have to be earned. They must be discovered, recognized, interpreted and chosen by the personality before they can become the personality values of the soul.

There is a difference between spiritual values and personality values. The Adjuster retains all spiritual values achieved by the indwelt personality. The personality values achieved by the personality are part of the soul. If the personality, and hence soul, fail to survive, the personality values become part of the personality of the Supreme while spiritual values become part of the Adjuster.

16:9.3 If mortal man fails to survive natural death, the real spiritual values of his human experience survive as a part of the continuing experience of the Thought Adjuster. The personality values of such a nonsurvivor persist as a factor in the personality of the actualizing Supreme Being. Such persisting qualities of personality are deprived of identity but not of experiential values accumulated during the mortal life in the flesh. The survival of identity is dependent on the survival of the immortal soul of morontia status and increasingly divine value. Personality identity survives in and by the survival of the soul.

Ah! okay. thanks for clearing that up, Bonita.

BB

TUB
    Participant

Looks to me like it is either three races or six, according to the revelators.

64:6:30  There are many good and sufficient reasons for the plan of evolving either three or six colored races on the worlds of space. Though Urantia mortals may not be in a position fully to appreciate all of these reasons, we would call attention to the following:

You can  go to this ref. and read about it

Just talking about Homo Sapiens here. There are those six colored races, plus the Nodite race and the Adamite race. So that is eight in total. I think that diversity is one reason there are so many, each race seems to bring its own flavor. I wonder what the Nodite race brought to the table that was unique to them.

Brooklyn_born
    Brooklyn_born
    Participant

Bonita, what would you say are some personality values vs. spiritual values?

BB

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

hat is why the Urantia Book indicates that Urantia was an experiment and that where other worlds would have used just two races to be combined, here we have started off with six or more over time, although, most likely all humanoid to some degree.

I don’t think you meant that other worlds would just use two races.  This quote says that some worlds have three, but I don’t recall reading that any have just two.

49:4.2 There are six basic evolutionary races: three primary — redyellow, and blue; and three secondary — orange, green, and indigo. Most inhabited worlds have all of these races, but many of the three-brained planets harbor only the three primary types. Some local systems also have only these three races.

Brooklyn_born
    Brooklyn_born
    Participant

Looks to me like it is either three races or six, according to the revelators.

64:6:30 There are many good and sufficient reasons for the plan of evolving either three or six colored races on the worlds of space. Though Urantia mortals may not be in a position fully to appreciate all of these reasons, we would call attention to the following:

You can go to this ref. and read about it

Just talking about Homo Sapiens here. There are those six colored races, plus the Nodite race and the Adamite race. So that is eight in total. I think that diversity is one reason there are so many, each race seems to bring its own flavor. I wonder what the Nodite race brought to the table that was unique to them.

So the Nodites were Homosapiens. What would you say the Sangik colored races were? Hominids?

BB

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

“Re-personalized.”

Only persons can be repersonalized.   Adjusters are not persons, they are pre-persons.  They indwell.

Brooklyn_born
    Brooklyn_born
    Participant

“Re-personalized.”

Only persons can be repersonalized. Adjusters are not persons, they are pre-persons. They indwell.

Oh, okay. Thanks.

BB

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

That’s like asking what is personalty and what is spirit.  I think it requires an essay, but I’m going to try to be simple here.  Sometimes when I try to be simple it confuses people as much as when I’m verbose.  But here goes: Spirit values have to do with the recognition of reality.  Spirit is the “highest personal reality,” and the goal of personality existence (12:8.12-13). Personality values have to do with the recognition of not just the spirit of God, but the personality of God as an experiential reality.  Personality values are those aspects of God’s nature which the personality has made part of himself (becoming more God-like) within the soul.

Anonymous
    Inactive

You are saying the two race theory predates the six race theory? Could you elaborate more on the two race theory.

In most cases yes, where it is more common for two races to intermingle first before mixing with others.

(919.7) 82:6.1 There are no pure races in the world today. The early and original evolutionary peoples ofcolor have only two representative races persisting in the world, the yellow man and the black man; and even these two races are much admixed with the extinct colored peoples. While the so-called white race is predominantly descended from the ancient blue man, it is admixed more or less with all other races much as is the red man of the Americas.

Therefore, it can be assumed that on other worlds, two races would be the minimum number of races, where when they have attained light and life can be assimilated as one race.  It is difficult to mix three where by starting to mix two, a third automatically shows up as the mixing goes on, then over time and evolution become one.

Brooklyn_born
    Brooklyn_born
    Participant

That’s like asking what is personalty and what is spirit. I think it requires an essay, but I’m going to try to be simple here. Sometimes when I try to be simple it confuses people as much as when I’m verbose. But here goes: Spirit values have to do with the recognition of reality. Spirit is the “highest personal reality,” and the goal of personality existence (12:8.12-13). Personality values have to do with the recognition of not just the spirit of God, but the personality of God as an experiential reality. Personality values are those aspects of God’s nature which the personality has made part of himself (becoming more God-like) within the soul.

I am inquisitive about the kinds of human behavior that have spirit or personality values. Marriage and sharing your life with someone would carry spirit or personality value? forgiving someone has spiritual or personality value? Not forgiving someone…. holding to anger…. etc.

BB

Brooklyn_born
    Brooklyn_born
    Participant

In most cases yes, where it is more common for two races to intermingle first before mixing with others.

(919.7) 82:6.1 There are no pure races in the world today. The early and original evolutionary peoples ofcolor have only two representative races persisting in the world, the yellow man and the black man; and even these two races are much admixed with the extinct colored peoples. While the so-called white race is predominantly descended from the ancient blue man, it is admixed more or less with all other races much as is the red man of the Americas.

Therefore, it can be assumed that on other worlds, two races would be the minimum number of races, where when they have attained light and life can be assimilated as one race. It is difficult to mix three where by starting to mix two, a third automatically shows up as the mixing goes on, then over time and evolution become one.

Okay, I see. I also notice on Urantia the original races are reduced from six to three, Caucasoid, Negroid and Mongoloid.

BB

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

I am inquisitive about the kinds of human behavior that have spirit or personality values. Marriage and sharing your life with someone would carry spirit or personality value? forgiving someone has spiritual or personality value? Not forgiving someone…. holding to anger…. etc.

The simplest way of thinking about this is that anything that is the will of God has spiritual value.  Personality value is when a personality chooses to do God’s will.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 55 total)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.