What are cosmic relationships?

Home Forums Urantia Book General Discussions What are cosmic relationships?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 55 total)
  • Author
    Brooklyn_born
    Brooklyn_born
    Participant

What kind of cosmic relationships exists and could we define them?

I consider myself a neophyte so I really can’t contribute much in terms of definitions and an in depth analysis of cosmic relationships. I hope seasoned readers will participate (Bradly, Bonita, Scott… to name a few)  to enhance our understanding.

Here are several of which I am aware. Feel free to define and elaborate on these terms, as well as add to the list other relationships mentioned in TUB. Are there similarities or differences between them?

1. Associative
    2. Coordinate
    3. *Liaison
    4. Sonship
    5. Personal
    6. Subordinate

BB

TUB
    Participant

Here is a few off the top of my head: impersonal, non-personal, creative, co-creator, creator, focalizer, stabilizer, upholder, controller….

Brooklyn_born
    Brooklyn_born
    Participant
    1. Associative
    2. Coordinate
    3. *Liaison
    4. Sonship
    5. Personal
    6. Subordinate
    7. Impersonal
    8. Non-Personal
    9. Creative
    10. Cocreative
    11. Creator
    12. Focalizer
    13. Stabilizer
    14. Upholder
    15. Controller

Adding TUB’s examples we have now 15 on the list. What similarities or differences are there between cocreative and liaison? I believe both relationships can produce a new creature, and both require the participation of two. As for differences, I think quality of divinity. Non-personal and impersonal I think are generally the same with a slight difference, which probably means a world of difference in terms of divinity.

BB

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

Hi BB!  There are both differences and similarities to discover I think.  Cosmic relationships operate at every level from two or more mortals to two or more Divine beings to everyone in between, including between Diety and mortal too.  Cosmic is of the cosmos, so every relationship formed is a cosmic relationship.  You demonstrate here by the question very normal and positive desire to understand:

(646.3) 56:10.2 Throughout this glorious age the chief pursuit of the ever-advancing mortals is the quest for a better understanding and a fuller realization of the comprehensible elements of Deity — truth, beauty, and goodness. This represents man’s effort to discern God in mind, matter, and spirit. And as the mortal pursues this quest, he finds himself increasingly absorbed in the experiential study of philosophy, cosmology, and divinity.

(646.4) 56:10.3 Philosophy you somewhat grasp, and divinity you comprehend in worship, social service, and personal spiritual experience, but the pursuit of beauty — cosmology — you all too often limit to the study of man’s crude artistic endeavors. Beauty, art, is largely a matter of the unification of contrasts. Variety is essential to the concept of beauty. The supreme beauty, the height of finite art, is the drama of the unification of the vastness of the cosmic extremes of Creator and creature. Man finding God and God finding man — the creature becoming perfect as is the Creator — that is the supernal achievement of the supremely beautiful, the attainment of the apex of cosmic art.

(646.5) 56:10.4 Hence materialism, atheism, is the maximation of ugliness, the climax of the finite antithesis of the beautiful. Highest beauty consists in the panorama of the unification of the variations which have been born of pre-existent harmonious reality.

(646.6) 56:10.5 The attainment of cosmologic levels of thought includes:

(646.7) 56:10.6 1. Curiosity. Hunger for harmony and thirst for beauty. Persistent attempts to discover new levels of harmonious cosmic relationships.

(601.1) 53:0.1 LUCIFER was a brilliant primary Lanonandek Son of Nebadon. He had experienced service in many systems, had been a high counselor of his group, and was distinguished for wisdom, sagacity, and efficiency. Lucifer was number 37 of his order, and when commissioned by the Melchizedeks, he was designated as one of the one hundred most able and brilliant personalities in more than seven hundred thousand of his kind. From such a magnificent beginning, through evil and error, he embraced sin and now is numbered as one of three System Sovereigns in Nebadon who have succumbed to the urge of self and surrendered to the sophistry of spurious personal liberty — rejection of universe allegiance and disregard of fraternal obligations, blindness to cosmic relationships.

I think that mortal borns have much help in this regard by the Father fragment within and the associated mind ministries of Son and Mother – we embody a confluence of cosmic relationships that is unique in the cosmos.  Looking forward to more.   Peace.

Brooklyn_born
    Brooklyn_born
    Participant

Hi BB! There are both differences and similarities to discover I think. Cosmic relationships operate at every level from two or more mortals to two or more Divine beings to everyone in between, including between Diety and mortal too. Cosmic is of the cosmos, so every relationship formed is a cosmic relationship. You demonstrate here by the question very normal and positive desire to understand: (646.3) 56:10.2 Throughout this glorious age the chief pursuit of the ever-advancing mortals is the quest for a better understanding and a fuller realization of the comprehensible elements of Deity — truth, beauty, and goodness. This represents man’s effort to discern God in mind, matter, and spirit. And as the mortal pursues this quest, he finds himself increasingly absorbed in the experiential study of philosophy, cosmology, and divinity. (646.4) 56:10.3 Philosophy you somewhat grasp, and divinity you comprehend in worship, social service, and personal spiritual experience, but the pursuit of beauty — cosmology — you all too often limit to the study of man’s crude artistic endeavors. Beauty, art, is largely a matter of the unification of contrasts. Variety is essential to the concept of beauty. The supreme beauty, the height of finite art, is the drama of the unification of the vastness of the cosmic extremes of Creator and creature. Man finding God and God finding man — the creature becoming perfect as is the Creator — that is the supernal achievement of the supremely beautiful, the attainment of the apex of cosmic art. (646.5) 56:10.4 Hence materialism, atheism, is the maximation of ugliness, the climax of the finite antithesis of the beautiful. Highest beauty consists in the panorama of the unification of the variations which have been born of pre-existent harmonious reality. (646.6) 56:10.5 The attainment of cosmologic levels of thought includes: (646.7) 56:10.6 1. Curiosity. Hunger for harmony and thirst for beauty. Persistent attempts to discover new levels of harmonious cosmic relationships. (601.1) 53:0.1 LUCIFER was a brilliant primary Lanonandek Son of Nebadon. He had experienced service in many systems, had been a high counselor of his group, and was distinguished for wisdom, sagacity, and efficiency. Lucifer was number 37 of his order, and when commissioned by the Melchizedeks, he was designated as one of the one hundred most able and brilliant personalities in more than seven hundred thousand of his kind. From such a magnificent beginning, through evil and error, he embraced sin and now is numbered as one of three System Sovereigns in Nebadon who have succumbed to the urge of self and surrendered to the sophistry of spurious personal liberty — rejection of universe allegiance and disregard of fraternal obligations, blindness to cosmic relationships. I think that mortal borns have much help in this regard by the Father fragment within and the associated mind ministries of Son and Mother – we embody a confluence of cosmic relationships that is unique in the cosmos. Looking forward to more. Peace.

So our relationship with the Thought Adjuster is an impersonal or personal one? Or is it a progressive relationship?

BB

Mara
    Mara
    Participant
    Brooklyn_born wrote:So our relationship with the Thought Adjuster is an impersonal or personal one? Or is it a progressive relationship?
    Here is a clue:
    118:10:11The love of the Father operates directly in the heart of the individual, independent of the actions or reactions of all other individuals; the relationship is personal — man and God.
    Brooklyn_born
    Brooklyn_born
    Participant
    Brooklyn_born wrote:So our relationship with the Thought Adjuster is an impersonal or personal one? Or is it a progressive relationship?
    Here is a clue:
    118:10:11The love of the Father operates directly in the heart of the individual, independent of the actions or reactions of all other individuals; the relationship is personal — man and God.
    Hmmm…. interesting reference. Do you think this applies to the relationship between TAs and their mortal host, Mara?

BB

Mara
    Mara
    Participant
    Brooklyn_born wrote: Do you think this applies to the relationship between TAs and their mortal host, Mara?
    God has his reasons for supplying each mortal with his fragment.  The TA is constantly knocking on the door of one’s mind.  While the mind is not the seat of the spiritual nature, it is the gateway thereto.  It is up to the individual to choose him and his love.  This begins the partnership.  It’s a love relationship.  To me the relationship, man and God (a potential relationship in each person), is incomplete until the person make a wholehearted soul choice to go with God to wherever he sends you and to do whatever he wills.  The relationship could be weak, but not on Goad’s part.  No, he pours out his love without end.
    They say relationships are ends in and of  themselves.   God hates the sin, loves the sinner.  He is no respecter of persons.  But to me it boils down to the part you and I play. It is not enough (by my way of thinking) to merely have a love relationship with God by way of his pilot light within that lights each of us.  It is not enough to imprison the knowledge of that relationship, and in essence, indicate to your fellows that you have got “yours” and  have it to yourself end-of-story.  No.  Your light should not be kept under a blanket.  You and I have a part to play. There is a purpose, in general, for each one of us to use our light to light someone else’s light, so to speak.  God’s love must be shared and in that sharing with another, a different relationship will grow, involving you and someone else.  And this new relationship has the potential to grow into love when you understand the motives of your friend.  And in this manner love, the supreme relationship, can foster the brotherhood of man under the fatherhood of God.
    Brooklyn_born
    Brooklyn_born
    Participant
    Brooklyn_born wrote: Do you think this applies to the relationship between TAs and their mortal host, Mara?
    God has his reasons for supplying each mortal with his fragment. The TA is constantly knocking on the door of one’s mind. While the mind is not the seat of the spiritual nature, it is the gateway thereto. It is up to the individual to choose him and his love. This begins the partnership. It’s a love relationship. To me the relationship, man and God (a potential relationship in each person), is incomplete until the person make a wholehearted soul choice to go with God to wherever he sends you and to do whatever he wills. The relationship could be weak, but not on Goad’s part. No, he pours out his love without end.
    They say relationships are ends in and of themselves. God hates the sin, loves the sinner. He is no respecter of persons. But to me it boils down to the part you and I play. It is not enough (by my way of thinking) to merely have a love relationship with God by way of his pilot light within that lights each of us. It is not enough to imprison the knowledge of that relationship, and in essence, indicate to your fellows that you have got “yours” and have it to yourself end-of-story. No. Your light should not be kept under a blanket. You and I have a part to play. There is a purpose, in general, for each one of us to use our light to light someone else’s light, so to speak. God’s love must be shared and in that sharing with another, a different relationship will grow, involving you and someone else. And this new relationship has the potential to grow into love when you understand the motives of your friend. And in this manner love, the supreme relationship, can foster the brotherhood of man under the fatherhood of God.
    TUB authors tell us TAs innately are impersonal. I am trying to understand the manner in which connection is made to effect a working relationship between impersonal fragments and personalities. This is why I am wondering if there is a progressive relationship that leads to a direct link between the two, and where that link is made. Perhaps the bridging takes place on the mindal , psychic circles?

BB

Mara
    Mara
    Participant
    Brooklyn_born wrote: TUB authors tell us TAs innately are impersonal. I am trying to understand the manner in which connection is made to effect a working relationship between impersonal fragments and personalities. This is why I am wondering if there is a progressive relationship that leads to a direct link between the two, and where that link is made. Perhaps the bridging takes place on the mindal , psychic circles?
    The divine spirit indwells the mind of man.  It is destined to become a part of the personality of the surviving mortal creature. (0:5:9)
    2:5:5  After all, the greatest evidence of the goodness of God and the supreme reason for loving him is the indwelling gift of the Father — the Adjuster who so patiently awaits the hour when you both shall be eternally made one. Though you cannot find God by searching, if you will submit to the leading of the indwelling spirit, you will be unerringly guided, step by step, life by life, through universe upon universe, and age by age, until you finally stand in the presence of the Paradise personality of the Universal Father.
    The quest is for divine coherence, divine unification.  (2:7:7)
    Brooklyn_born
    Brooklyn_born
    Participant
    Brooklyn_born wrote: TUB authors tell us TAs innately are impersonal. I am trying to understand the manner in which connection is made to effect a working relationship between impersonal fragments and personalities. This is why I am wondering if there is a progressive relationship that leads to a direct link between the two, and where that link is made. Perhaps the bridging takes place on the mindal , psychic circles?
    The divine spirit indwells the mind of man. It is destined to become a part of the personality of the surviving mortal creature. (0:5:9)
    2:5:5After all, the greatest evidence of the goodness of God and the supreme reason for loving him is the indwelling gift of the Father — the Adjuster who so patiently awaits the hour when you both shall be eternally made one. Though you cannot find God by searching, if you will submit to the leading of the indwelling spirit, you will be unerringly guided, step by step, life by life, through universe upon universe, and age by age, until you finally stand in the presence of the Paradise personality of the Universal Father.
    The quest is for divine coherence, divine unification. (2:7:7)
    Thanks for posting those references, Mara.

BB

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant
    Brooklyn_born wrote:  TUB authors tell us TAs innately are impersonal. I am trying to understand the manner in which connection is made to effect a working relationship between impersonal fragments and personalities.

It’s easy.  Anyone who has seen the Son has seen the Father.  Anyone who fellowships with the Son fellowships with the Father.  All you have to do is welcome the Spirit of Truth into your soul.  Also, the Holy Spirit, the spirit of the personal presence of the Creative Spirit, is already in your soul.  She is personal and makes it possible for you to have a relationship with impersonal influences within the mind, including the Adjuster.  It’s a piece of cake really. It’s all part of you already and prayer is the way you enhance your capacity to enlarge the relationship.  Sharing the inner life is the secret to everything in the cosmos.  Everything and everyone is a cosmic relationship, and all relationships are facilitated by the Spirit of Truth.

Brooklyn_born
    Brooklyn_born
    Participant
    Creative Spirit… is personal and makes it possible for you to have a relationship with impersonal influences within the mind, including the Adjuster. It’s a piece of cake really. It’s all part of you already and prayer is the way you enhance your capacity to enlarge the relationship. Sharing the inner life is the secret to everything in the cosmos. Everything and everyone is a cosmic relationship, and all relationships are facilitated by the Spirit of Truth.
    I did not know this. So CS helps bridge the gap between the personal and impersonal.

BB

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

So our relationship with the Thought Adjuster is an impersonal or personal one? Or is it a progressive relationship?

Me here:  And I would ask:  When we achieve fusion, is that a personal relationship or a new being altogether.  The TA becomes personalized.  What does “me” become then?  Two made into one…like a new child born of two parents?  Or two made one by being put together?  Or two in intimate association?

@BB – you don’t have any easy questions I don’t suppose??  ;-)    I do know that this is the most unique of all beings – a fusion of the highest and greatest with the least or lowest of all beings in all universes.  And this unique union is the greatest adventure for both mortal and TA – potential destiny realized and actualized for the greatest mystery in the eternities to come!!

Brooklyn_born
    Brooklyn_born
    Participant

Me here: And I would ask: When we achieve fusion, is that a personal relationship or a new being altogether. The TA becomes personalized. What does “me” become then? Two made into one…like a new child born of two parents? Or two made one by being put together? Or two in intimate association?

@BB – you don’t have any easy questions I don’t suppose?? ;-) I do know that this is the most unique of all beings – a fusion of the highest and greatest with the least or lowest of all beings in all universes. And this unique union is the greatest adventure for both mortal and TA – potential destiny realized and actualized for the greatest mystery in the eternities to come!!

Before fusion is what I was focusing on. Check out Bonita’s response. Hers breaks it down in detail.

BB

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 55 total)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.