What are cosmic relationships?

Home Forums Urantia Book General Discussions What are cosmic relationships?

Viewing 10 posts - 46 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • Author
    Brooklyn_born
    Brooklyn_born
    Participant

I am inquisitive about the kinds of human behavior that have spirit or personality values. Marriage and sharing your life with someone would carry spirit or personality value? forgiving someone has spiritual or personality value? Not forgiving someone…. holding to anger…. etc.

The simplest way of thinking about this is that anything that is the will of God has spiritual value. Personality value is when a personality chooses to do God’s will.

I am struggling grasping this concept. I am having a tough time making the distinction between the two. My confusion stems from the role TA plays vs. the role our own mind plays in the scheme of personality survival.

BB

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

I am struggling grasping this concept. I am having a tough time making the distinction between the two. My confusion stems from the role TA plays vs. the role our own mind plays in the scheme of personality survival.

Not sure how to explain this to you BB.  Everything that you’re conscious of occurs in your mind.  The superconscious is a place that most people are not conscious of, and that is where the Adjuster indwells.  They say that the material mind is the mother of the soul and the Adjuster is the father, but anything that you’re conscious of will only be in the material mind.  Both the soul and the Adjuster are unconscious to most people until entering the higher psychic circles.

So, the conscious material mind is essentially your working library where your better ideas come from higher, unknown and unseen sources, the Adjuster.  But it doesn’t matter how great those ideas are if they can’t be lived out in the material world, your laboratory.  Most people cannot discern the source of their ideas/thoughts.  Everything seems to come from the same place, at least that is so  until gaining some level of soul-consciousness.

For the most part, all those ideas in the conscious mind need to be organized.  Then the job is to recognize those with  potential spiritual importance.  The recognition part takes practice and prayer. Then they have to be acted out in order to know for sure if they really do have spiritual significance. If acting out the idea brings an internal sense of peace and satisfaction within yourself, if your mind is calm and not in conflict with itself, then chances are it’s spiritually significant on some level.   Sooner or later, after experience, it is easier and easier to identify with those ideas which are spiritually potent. You’ll begin to notice that they are the ones least selfish and most full of goodness.  And once you start along this path, it starts to feed itself because the peace of mind it brings is, in a way, addicting.

So, the best thing to do, I would think, is purify the mind and constantly seek for the Adjuster in your soul through prayer.  Look for ideas/ thoughts that are full of truth, beauty and goodness and then try to make them a part of your life amidst your relationships with both people and things.  Then, see how it grows.  Did that answer your question or have I gone down a rabbit hole?

Mara
    Mara
    Participant
    Brooklyn_born wrote:  I am struggling grasping this concept. I am having a tough time making the distinction between the two. My confusion stems from the role TA plays vs. the role our own mind plays in the scheme of personality survival.
    Another approach to understanding this is from the angle of memories.  In survival what will be remembered? There may be clues for you in this reference.
    112:5:22  The Thought Adjuster will recall and rehearse for you only those memories and experiences which are a part of, and essential to, your universe career. If the Adjuster has been a partner in the evolution of aught in the human mind, then will these worth-while experiences survive in the eternal consciousness of the Adjuster. But much of your past life and its memories, having neither spiritual meaning nor morontia value, will perish with the material brain; much of material experience will pass away as onetime scaffolding which, having bridged you over to the morontia level, no longer serves a purpose in the universe. But personality and the relationships between personalities are never scaffolding; mortal memory of personality relationships has cosmic value and will persist. On the mansion worlds you will know and be known, and more, you will remember, and be remembered by, your onetime associates in the short but intriguing life on Urantia.
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Brooklyn_born wrote: I am struggling grasping this concept. I am having a tough time making the distinction between the two. My confusion stems from the role TA plays vs. the role our own mind plays in the scheme of personality survival.

Mara wrote: Another approach to understanding this is from the angle of memories. In survival what will be remembered? There may be clues for you in this reference.

112:5:22 The Thought Adjuster will recall and rehearse for you only those memories and experiences which are a part of, and essential to, your universe career. If the Adjuster has been a partner in the evolution of aught in the human mind, then will these worth-while experiences survive in the eternal consciousness of the Adjuster. But much of your past life and its memories, having neither spiritual meaning nor morontia value, will perish with the material brain; much of material experience will pass away as onetime scaffolding which, having bridged you over to the morontia level, no longer serves a purpose in the universe. But personality and the relationships between personalities are never scaffolding; mortal memory of personality relationships has cosmic value and will persist. On the mansion worlds you will know and be known, and more, you will remember, and be remembered by, your onetime associates in the short but intriguing life on Urantia.

Mara your addition of this reference is most prevalent to B.B.’s query, where many individuals are not always aware of how the Thought Adjuster can function specifically when it comes to memories of previous life’s encounters, where as I indicated in my earlier post, past associations can be related even though all parties may not be aware of possible encounters, however, these cosmic relationships may be acknowledge one to another, but in subtle ways information is projected from similar truths even if they don’t seem related to each other.  That’s why I mentioned earlier that paying attention to detail, and as you indicate, memories can be relevant but, sometimes one needs to think about those encounters later.  Something like, so and so said this, but now that I think about it, I remember that someone else said the same think, back when.  Where the Thought Adjuster may allow these intermixed realizations to occur at different times to different people, where you might think later, why did I say that?  Often not putting 2 and 2 together at the same time.

Brooklyn_born
    Brooklyn_born
    Participant

I am struggling grasping this concept. I am having a tough time making the distinction between the two. My confusion stems from the role TA plays vs. the role our own mind plays in the scheme of personality survival.

Not sure how to explain this to you BB. Everything that you’re conscious of occurs in your mind. The superconscious is a place that most people are not conscious of, and that is where the Adjuster indwells. They say that the material mind is the mother of the soul and the Adjuster is the father, but anything that you’re conscious of will only be in the material mind. Both the soul and the Adjuster are unconscious to most people until entering the higher psychic circles. So, the conscious material mind is essentially your working library where your better ideas come from higher, unknown and unseen sources, the Adjuster. But it doesn’t matter how great those ideas are if they can’t be lived out in the material world, your laboratory. Most people cannot discern the source of their ideas/thoughts. Everything seems to come from the same place, at least that is so until gaining some level of soul-consciousness. For the most part, all those ideas in the conscious mind need to be organized. Then the job is to recognize those with potential spiritual importance. The recognition part takes practice and prayer. Then they have to be acted out in order to know for sure if they really do have spiritual significance. If acting out the idea brings an internal sense of peace and satisfaction within yourself, if your mind is calm and not in conflict with itself, then chances are it’s spiritually significant on some level. Sooner or later, after experience, it is easier and easier to identify with those ideas which are spiritually potent. You’ll begin to notice that they are the ones least selfish and most full of goodness. And once you start along this path, it starts to feed itself because the peace of mind it brings is, in a way, addicting. So, the best thing to do, I would think, is purify the mind and constantly seek for the Adjuster in your soul through prayer. Look for ideas/ thoughts that are full of truth, beauty and goodness and then try to make them a part of your life amidst your relationships with both people and things. Then, see how it grows. Did that answer your question or have I gone down a rabbit hole?

Yes it did and much appreciated. thanks.

BB

Brooklyn_born
    Brooklyn_born
    Participant
    Brooklyn_born wrote: I am struggling grasping this concept. I am having a tough time making the distinction between the two. My confusion stems from the role TA plays vs. the role our own mind plays in the scheme of personality survival.
    Another approach to understanding this is from the angle of memories. In survival what will be remembered? There may be clues for you in this reference.
    112:5:22 The Thought Adjuster will recall and rehearse for you only those memories and experiences which are a part of, and essential to, your universe career. If the Adjuster has been a partner in the evolution of aught in the human mind, then will these worth-while experiences survive in the eternal consciousness of the Adjuster. But much of your past life and its memories, having neither spiritual meaning nor morontia value, will perish with the material brain; much of material experience will pass away as onetime scaffolding which, having bridged you over to the morontia level, no longer serves a purpose in the universe. But personality and the relationships between personalities are never scaffolding; mortal memory of personality relationships has cosmic value and will persist. On the mansion worlds you will know and be known, and more, you will remember, and be remembered by, your onetime associates in the short but intriguing life on Urantia.
     If I am reading correctly that quote, then even bad and unhealthy human relationships  carry over into the mansion world.

BB

Brooklyn_born
    Brooklyn_born
    Participant

Brooklyn_born wrote: I am struggling grasping this concept. I am having a tough time making the distinction between the two. My confusion stems from the role TA plays vs. the role our own mind plays in the scheme of personality survival. Mara wrote: Another approach to understanding this is from the angle of memories. In survival what will be remembered? There may be clues for you in this reference. 112:5:22 The Thought Adjuster will recall and rehearse for you only those memories and experiences which are a part of, and essential to, your universe career. If the Adjuster has been a partner in the evolution of aught in the human mind, then will these worth-while experiences survive in the eternal consciousness of the Adjuster. But much of your past life and its memories, having neither spiritual meaning nor morontia value, will perish with the material brain; much of material experience will pass away as onetime scaffolding which, having bridged you over to the morontia level, no longer serves a purpose in the universe. But personality and the relationships between personalities are never scaffolding; mortal memory of personality relationships has cosmic value and will persist. On the mansion worlds you will know and be known, and more, you will remember, and be remembered by, your onetime associates in the short but intriguing life on Urantia.

Mara your addition of this reference is most prevalent to B.B.’s query, where many individuals are not always aware of how the Thought Adjuster can function specifically when it comes to memories of previous life’s encounters, where as I indicated in my earlier post, past associations can be related even though all parties may not be aware of possible encounters, however, these cosmic relationships may be acknowledge one to another, but in subtle ways information is projected from similar truths even if they don’t seem related to each other. That’s why I mentioned earlier that paying attention to detail, and as you indicate, memories can be relevant but, sometimes one needs to think about those encounters later. Something like, so and so said this, but now that I think about it, I remember that someone else said the same think, back when. Where the Thought Adjuster may allow these intermixed realizations to occur at different times to different people, where you might think later, why did I say that? Often not putting 2 and 2 together at the same time.

So there is cosmic fraternity created by these TAs of which our conscious minds may not be aware. But there are some cues that point to these past acquaintances of higher minds. Sometimes I get deja-vue  with people. And with some the connection is strong even.

BB

Mara
    Mara
    Participant
    Brooklyn_born wrote:  So there is cosmic fraternity created by these TAs of which our conscious minds may not be aware. But there are some cues that point to these past acquaintances of higher minds. Sometimes I get deja-vue with people. And with some the connection is strong even.
    Perhaps the explanation of experiences of the type where you think you met the person before,or perhaps had a similar conversation, is more of the sort the revelators denominate as kindred attraction between you and the other person.  It might be a kindred mind or kindred, spiritually speaking.
    16:6:3  The fact of the cosmic mind explains the kinship of various types of human and superhuman minds. Not only are kindred spirits attracted to each other, but kindred minds are also very fraternal and inclined towards co-operation the one with the other. Human minds are sometimes observed to be running in channels of astonishing similarity and inexplicable agreement.
    Kindred spirits:
    7:1:6  Spirit-gravity pull and response thereto operate not only on the universe as a whole but also even between individuals and groups of individuals. There is a spiritual cohesiveness among the spiritual and spiritized personalities of any world, race, nation, or believing group of individuals. There is a direct attractiveness of a spirit nature between spiritually minded persons of like tastes and longings. The term kindred spirits is not wholly a figure of speech.
    Brooklyn_born
    Brooklyn_born
    Participant
    Brooklyn_born wrote: So there is cosmic fraternity created by these TAs of which our conscious minds may not be aware. But there are some cues that point to these past acquaintances of higher minds. Sometimes I get deja-vue with people. And with some the connection is strong even.
    Perhaps the explanation of experiences of the type where you think you met the person before,or perhaps had a similar conversation, is more of the sort the revelators denominate as kindred attraction between you and the other person. It might be a kindred mind or kindred, spiritually speaking.
    16:6:3 The fact of the cosmic mind explains the kinship of various types of human and superhuman minds. Not only are kindred spirits attracted to each other, but kindred minds are also very fraternal and inclined towards co-operation the one with the other. Human minds are sometimes observed to be running in channels of astonishing similarity and inexplicable agreement.
    Kindred spirits:
    7:1:6 Spirit-gravity pull and response thereto operate not only on the universe as a whole but also even between individuals and groups of individuals. There is a spiritual cohesiveness among the spiritual and spiritized personalities of any world, race, nation, or believing group of individuals. There is a direct attractiveness of a spirit nature between spiritually minded persons of like tastes and longings. The term kindred spirits is not wholly a figure of speech.

Definitely seems to be another possible explanation to dejavue phenomenon. Also I was thinking of Guardian Seraphims responsible for the lives of a number of people assigned to them. Perhaps these guardians socially group together these people, and it is this connection (sharing the same angel) that we interpret as dejavue. Hmmm…

BB

Mara
    Mara
    Participant
    Brooklyn_born wrote:  Definitely seems to be another possible explanation to dejavue phenomenon. Also I was thinking of Guardian Seraphims responsible for the lives of a number of people assigned to them. Perhaps these guardians socially group together these people, and it is this connection (sharing the same angel) that we interpret as dejavue. Hmmm…
    Or perhaps these seraphim:  39:3:4   3. Social Architects.
    Jesus went about doing good as he passed by (171:7:9).  He scattered happiness naturally and gracefully.  I think of this when I go about my days, as often I encounter people whom I dont know.  If a conversation ensues, I wonder to myself if this encounter has a purpose other than what is superficially apparent.  To me every encounter has potential. I look for an opportunity to impart something positive, if possible, to the person.  I wonder privately if the encounter was “arranged”.  I do make the assumption that something good can come of it, or to put it another way, I assume such encounters are not random.   If these encounters are random, I do not mind.
Viewing 10 posts - 46 through 55 (of 55 total)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.