URANTIA Book Dissemination

Home Forums Urantia Book General Discussions URANTIA Book Dissemination

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 78 total)
  • Author
    André
    André
    Participant

… didn’t agreed …. often very good things have been said on this forum. It was inspiring and helpful for seekers of Truth.

But also there is too often a childish and immature atmospheres whom tint the ambiance. Readers of TUB whom preferred to subtract instead to add to a individual unwise opinion.

Suggestion:

• instead to wait for mods to moderate or sanction those unwise opinion why if can’t add just ignore and pass over that post ?
    • isn’t there an example Deities tolerate for further maturation among their children ?

André

Van Amadon
    Van Amadon
    Participant

(169:2.2) “Some of you, before you entered the kingdom, were very shrewd in dealing with your business associates. If you were unjust and often unfair, you were nonetheless prudent and farseeing in that you transacted your business with an eye single to your present profit and future safety. Likewise should you now so order your lives in the kingdom as to provide for your present joy while you also make certain of your future enjoyment of treasures laid up in heaven. If you were so diligent in making gains for yourselves when in the service of self, why should you show less diligence in gaining souls for the kingdom since you are now servants of the brotherhood of man and stewards of God?

There are many people out there who’ve never heard of the Urantia Book. How will they become aware of its existence? When people who are, go to those places where truth seekers are asking questions about the perplexing and unexplained things in life. Where are these people asking these questions? On any number of internet web sites that host these kinds of activities. These are places where opportunities exist to disseminate the Urantia Book to the very people who need it most.

(132:6.1) And all those who know the way of truth and enjoy the assurance of knowing God should esteem it a privilege, not a duty, to offer guidance to their fellows in their efforts to find the satisfactions of living.

Gene
    Participant

It’s interesting you revived this.

Possibly as opposed to trying to plan dissemination as a group or organization or even as individuals we can maybe talk about our past individual efforts, success/failure stories?

i cannot even get my son to think outside of the Christian box.

all my efforts are failures.

and I looked carefully at the apostles  difficulties and rebukes given them by Jesus.

Anybody ever try to get a Christian to think different about the atonement docterine? Good luck.

chucksmith1982
    Participant

I’m one of those who tried to get Christians to think outside the box… So far… No luck. While even the conservative Christians of today wouldn’t hold views that were held, say, 200 years ago, no Christian that I personally know has shown the slightest interest in the UB. And I know Christians that range the spectrim from ultra conservative to ultra liberal and all stripes in between.

I still go to church, but for me at least, it is more to socialize. I get very little out of what is taught there. Before I became a believer in TUB, I was there every time the doors opened seeking whatever spiritual nourishment I could get. For me, going to church then was akin to recharging my spiritual batteries after they had been run completely down by life.

Now I get the same recharge from attending study group. I got the same recharge when I attended the Southeast Urantia Gathering a couple months ago.

As for how I interact with others as far as TUB is concerned, a few know I read it. No one outside UB circles know that I actually believe it though. To those that I know that are not readers, and that is everyone outside study group I simply say that I’ve been investigating this book for several years and drop it. To those that see my UAI certificate hanging on my wall I simply say that I joined the most conservitive of the Urantia Book groups because I am conservative by nature, wich is true, and that I did so to further help me investagate the book, wich is also true. To those that see me wearing my necklace with a urantia book symbol/banner of Michael on it that I got from Cosmic Creations, I say that it is a decoration that I picked up when I was out of town, wich is true. I don’t tell them that to me, wearing the symbol reminds me of my faith and strengthens me everytime I touch it or feel the weight of the necklace around my neck.

tas
    Participant

I’m not too active on the forum but happened to see this thread get re-upped. Back in 2008, I created the iPhone app of The Urantia Book that is still available and which I continue to maintain. So I can give some maybe unique observations on dissemination from that experience. It’s ended up giving an inadvertent good view for the better part of a decade on the results of distribution of the book.

A few hundred thousand people have downloaded the book this way to date, mainly from day-by-day organic discovery and to a lesser extent from word-of-mouth. For most, downloading the app has been their first encounter with the book. I made it with the public domain English text at first but after seeing how well it did I got in touch with Urantia Foundation to introduce myself and see if they’d like their translations included. Before then I hadn’t talked with anyone else who had read the book or knew about it. I hadn’t heard the word “Urantia” spoken out loud actually. I’d been a reader on my own for about 10 years though. The board gave approval in the spring of 2009 and with their blessings I added their translations for Spanish, French, and Russian soon afterwards. Other languages were made available over time; the app is available in 13 languages these days.

Here are some observations and lessons learned:

1. People are definitely willing to try out the book, especially after they hear more about it to pique their curiosity. Here is how I pique their curiosity: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-urantia-book/id298474490?mt=8 . The book being free helps a great deal (the app is a free download). On the app store worldwide, about 125,000 people any given month will see the book appear somewhere in a search result list — this is the point where they would just see the app title (“The Urantia Book”), icon, and 2 screenshots — and about 4% of those people will tap to read the details about it. That’s not too unusual of a rate I don’t believe. But then about 50% who read more about it become interested enough to download it, which seems pretty high.

2. People abandon the book rapidly. There’s just no getting around that the book is a lot to digest and it’s easy for people who first encounter it to bounce off. Most reviews on the app store are positive since they’re from long term readers, but there are negative reviews from people who clearly are new, started at the Foreword, and bounced right off. Also, in this day and age, everyone’s focus is so fragmented in life. By 30 days out from download, only 1-2% still use the app according to Apple’s analytics. Other people (5x or 6x as many based on upgrade rates) still keep the app on their device but evidently use it rarely, if ever. These aren’t unusual retention and usage rates for apps. People download and discard pretty readily, and for those apps they do keep, people relegate a lot off to folders and side screens where the apps aren’t hardly used. Out of sight, out of mind. The Urantia Book app isn’t above average in retention, it’s just average.

3. The countries with the highest retention and usage rates are the countries that already have the most readers. A good study in contrasts is Russia vs. Colombia. Russia is the country with the second highest number of downloads, behind only the US. About 9x as many people have downloaded the book in Russia compared to Colombia. But almost the same number of people continue to use the app in each country on a monthly basis according to Apple’s analytics. People in Colombia basically have kept the app and continued to use it at 9x the rate of Russians. Russia was a country where I did particularly well in having the app appear in search results for search terms that were popular to a general audience. It reached a lot of people who were new to the book. But though they were quick to try it, it seems many were quick to abandon it. Colombia on the other hand already has more of a committed readership and an awareness of the book dating back to the Benetiz bestsellers. Just distributing the book is fine but it’s no panacea that substitutes for activities and service in real-life that builds relationships and long-term interest in the teachings face to face with other people.

4. Spikes in attention for the book are very ephemeral. I’ve never aimed to have them but it’s happened on occasion, and I’ve seen the effect on the downloads. It always is very quick to fade. Examples of spikes in attention over the years include when the book was a topic on the Coast to Coast AM radio show, and when it was mentioned by Norman Lear in an interview with Oprah. I see a blip in the downloads for a day or two and then it’s back to normal. Slow and steady seems to be how it’ll go. (I will say there’s been a strange and sustained increase in downloads in China in the past 6 months. In the past 5 weeks, there have been more downloads in China than any other country. I don’t know why.)

5. I’ve found it’s very important to experiment, try new things, keep track of what seems to work and doesn’t and make changes in approach. It’s all a big learning experience.

6. Build on what others have done and what is already available when it makes sense, but don’t hesitate to DIY. People in the Urantia community are happy to help (a caveat being that you can’t always rely on follow-through more than you would from anyone else) but what makes all the difference is to do the work yourself as much as you have to and not wait for others or expect anything from individuals or organizations.

7. Almost everything is still left to be done. To put the app in perspective, in the United States there are over 100,000,000 people with an iPhone or iPad, and the number of app downloads in the US on any given day is not infrequently in the single digits. Just this one avenue of dissemination is 99.999% unrealized potential and IMO significantly underutilized considering it’s distribution that gives the book with zero marginal costs limitlessly through thin air for free at the touch of a screen. Worldwide there is that much more unrealized potential, a billion or so active iOS devices.

8. Related to #7 — the amount that’s simple to do and not being done is more than you might think. There are very easy things anyone can help with that surprisingly few people do. For instance leaving reviews, such as on Amazon, on youtube videos, on Goodreads. For my project, there are three different mechanisms by which positive reviews on the App Store lead to increased downloads after certain threshholds are met. About 20 people leaving a review each year on the App Store in all likelihood would lead to hundreds of more people discovering The Urantia Book annually through this channel. If you’re reading this, have the app, and haven’t left a review on the App Store — you should! In the past couple years I’ve tried to highlight this particular shortcoming to readers since the benefit-to-effort ratio is potentially so good but there hasn’t been much follow-through (just a single person).

Much can be done steadily over time, day by day and bit by bit. I think a lot is about trying, doing, not being so concerned with any one result. A lot that I’ve tried out with this project hasn’t worked out as hoped but it’s taught me lessons. There’s still a lot more to learn and do.

Mara
    Mara
    Participant

I’m not too active on the forum but happened to see this thread get re-upped. Back in 2008, I created the iPhone app of The Urantia Book that is still available and which I continue to maintain. So I can give some maybe unique observations on dissemination from that experience. It’s ended up giving an inadvertent good view for the better part of a decade on the results of distribution of the book. A few hundred thousand people have downloaded the book this way to date, mainly from day-by-day organic discovery and to a lesser extent from word-of-mouth. For most, downloading the app has been their first encounter with the book. I made it with the public domain English text at first but after seeing how well it did I got in touch with Urantia Foundation to introduce myself and see if they’d like their translations included. Before then I hadn’t talked with anyone else who had read the book or knew about it. I hadn’t heard the word “Urantia” spoken out loud actually. I’d been a reader on my own for about 10 years though. The board gave approval in the spring of 2009 and with their blessings I added their translations for Spanish, French, and Russian soon afterwards. Other languages were made available over time; the app is available in 13 languages these days. Here are some observations and lessons learned: 1. People are definitely willing to try out the book, especially after they hear more about it to pique their curiosity. Here is how I pique their curiosity: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-urantia-book/id298474490?mt=8 . The book being free helps a great deal (the app is a free download). On the app store worldwide, about 125,000 people any given month will see the book appear somewhere in a search result list — this is the point where they would just see the app title (“The Urantia Book”), icon, and 2 screenshots — and about 4% of those people will tap to read the details about it. That’s not too unusual of a rate I don’t believe. But then about 50% who read more about it become interested enough to download it, which seems pretty high. 2. People abandon the book rapidly. There’s just no getting around that the book is a lot to digest and it’s easy for people who first encounter it to bounce off. Most reviews on the app store are positive since they’re from long term readers, but there are negative reviews from people who clearly are new, started at the Foreword, and bounced right off. Also, in this day and age, everyone’s focus is so fragmented in life. By 30 days out from download, only 1-2% still use the app according to Apple’s analytics. Other people (5x or 6x as many based on upgrade rates) still keep the app on their device but evidently use it rarely, if ever. These aren’t unusual retention and usage rates for apps. People download and discard pretty readily, and for those apps they do keep, people relegate a lot off to folders and side screens where the apps aren’t hardly used. Out of sight, out of mind. The Urantia Book app isn’t above average in retention, it’s just average. 3. The countries with the highest retention and usage rates are the countries that already have the most readers. A good study in contrasts is Russia vs. Colombia. Russia is the country with the second highest number of downloads, behind only the US. About 9x as many people have downloaded the book in Russia compared to Colombia. But almost the same number of people continue to use the app in each country on a monthly basis according to Apple’s analytics. People in Colombia basically have kept the app and continued to use it at 9x the rate of Russians. Russia was a country where I did particularly well in having the app appear in search results for search terms that were popular to a general audience. It reached a lot of people who were new to the book. But though they were quick to try it, it seems many were quick to abandon it. Colombia on the other hand already has more of a committed readership and an awareness of the book dating back to the Benetiz bestsellers. Just distributing the book is fine but it’s no panacea that substitutes for activities and service in real-life that builds relationships and long-term interest in the teachings face to face with other people. 4. Spikes in attention for the book are very ephemeral. I’ve never aimed to have them but it’s happened on occasion, and I’ve seen the effect on the downloads. It always is very quick to fade. Examples of spikes in attention over the years include when the book was a topic on the Coast to Coast AM radio show, and when it was mentioned by Norman Lear in an interview with Oprah. I see a blip in the downloads for a day or two and then it’s back to normal. Slow and steady seems to be how it’ll go. (I will say there’s been a strange and sustained increase in downloads in China in the past 6 months. In the past 5 weeks, there have been more downloads in China than any other country. I don’t know why.) 5. I’ve found it’s very important to experiment, try new things, keep track of what seems to work and doesn’t and make changes in approach. It’s all a big learning experience. 6. Build on what others have done and what is already available when it makes sense, but don’t hesitate to DIY. People in the Urantia community are happy to help (a caveat being that you can’t always rely on follow-through more than you would from anyone else) but what makes all the difference is to do the work yourself as much as you have to and not wait for others or expect anything from individuals or organizations. 7. Almost everything is still left to be done. To put the app in perspective, in the United States there are over 100,000,000 people with an iPhone or iPad, and the number of app downloads in the US on any given day is not infrequently in the single digits. Just this one avenue of dissemination is 99.999% unrealized potential and IMO significantly underutilized considering it’s distribution that gives the book with zero marginal costs limitlessly through thin air for free at the touch of a screen. Worldwide there is that much more unrealized potential, a billion or so active iOS devices. 8. Related to #7 — the amount that’s simple to do and not being done is more than you might think. There are very easy things anyone can help with that surprisingly few people do. For instance leaving reviews, such as on Amazon, on youtube videos, on Goodreads. For my project, there are three different mechanisms by which positive reviews on the App Store lead to increased downloads after certain threshholds are met. About 20 people leaving a review each year on the App Store in all likelihood would lead to hundreds of more people discovering The Urantia Book annually through this channel. If you’re reading this, have the app, and haven’t left a review on the App Store — you should! In the past couple years I’ve tried to highlight this particular shortcoming to readers since the benefit-to-effort ratio is potentially so good but there hasn’t been much follow-through (just a single person). Much can be done steadily over time, day by day and bit by bit. I think a lot is about trying, doing, not being so concerned with any one result. A lot that I’ve tried out with this project hasn’t worked out as hoped but it’s taught me lessons. There’s still a lot more to learn and do.

Awesome work tas!  Thank you so much!!!!!!!

Van Amadon
    Van Amadon
    Participant

I’m not too active on the forum but happened to see this thread get re-upped. Back in 2008, I created the iPhone app of The Urantia Book that is still available and which I continue to maintain. So I can give some maybe unique observations on dissemination from that experience. It’s ended up giving an inadvertent good view for the better part of a decade on the results of distribution of the book. A few hundred thousand people have downloaded the book this way to date, mainly from day-by-day organic discovery and to a lesser extent from word-of-mouth. For most, downloading the app has been their first encounter with the book. I made it with the public domain English text at first but after seeing how well it did I got in touch with Urantia Foundation to introduce myself and see if they’d like their translations included. Before then I hadn’t talked with anyone else who had read the book or knew about it. I hadn’t heard the word “Urantia” spoken out loud actually. I’d been a reader on my own for about 10 years though. The board gave approval in the spring of 2009 and with their blessings I added their translations for Spanish, French, and Russian soon afterwards. Other languages were made available over time; the app is available in 13 languages these days. Here are some observations and lessons learned: 1. People are definitely willing to try out the book, especially after they hear more about it to pique their curiosity. Here is how I pique their curiosity: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-urantia-book/id298474490?mt=8 . The book being free helps a great deal (the app is a free download). On the app store worldwide, about 125,000 people any given month will see the book appear somewhere in a search result list — this is the point where they would just see the app title (“The Urantia Book”), icon, and 2 screenshots — and about 4% of those people will tap to read the details about it. That’s not too unusual of a rate I don’t believe. But then about 50% who read more about it become interested enough to download it, which seems pretty high. 2. People abandon the book rapidly. There’s just no getting around that the book is a lot to digest and it’s easy for people who first encounter it to bounce off. Most reviews on the app store are positive since they’re from long term readers, but there are negative reviews from people who clearly are new, started at the Foreword, and bounced right off. Also, in this day and age, everyone’s focus is so fragmented in life. By 30 days out from download, only 1-2% still use the app according to Apple’s analytics. Other people (5x or 6x as many based on upgrade rates) still keep the app on their device but evidently use it rarely, if ever. These aren’t unusual retention and usage rates for apps. People download and discard pretty readily, and for those apps they do keep, people relegate a lot off to folders and side screens where the apps aren’t hardly used. Out of sight, out of mind. The Urantia Book app isn’t above average in retention, it’s just average. 3. The countries with the highest retention and usage rates are the countries that already have the most readers. A good study in contrasts is Russia vs. Colombia. Russia is the country with the second highest number of downloads, behind only the US. About 9x as many people have downloaded the book in Russia compared to Colombia. But almost the same number of people continue to use the app in each country on a monthly basis according to Apple’s analytics. People in Colombia basically have kept the app and continued to use it at 9x the rate of Russians. Russia was a country where I did particularly well in having the app appear in search results for search terms that were popular to a general audience. It reached a lot of people who were new to the book. But though they were quick to try it, it seems many were quick to abandon it. Colombia on the other hand already has more of a committed readership and an awareness of the book dating back to the Benetiz bestsellers. Just distributing the book is fine but it’s no panacea that substitutes for activities and service in real-life that builds relationships and long-term interest in the teachings face to face with other people. 4. Spikes in attention for the book are very ephemeral. I’ve never aimed to have them but it’s happened on occasion, and I’ve seen the effect on the downloads. It always is very quick to fade. Examples of spikes in attention over the years include when the book was a topic on the Coast to Coast AM radio show, and when it was mentioned by Norman Lear in an interview with Oprah. I see a blip in the downloads for a day or two and then it’s back to normal. Slow and steady seems to be how it’ll go. (I will say there’s been a strange and sustained increase in downloads in China in the past 6 months. In the past 5 weeks, there have been more downloads in China than any other country. I don’t know why.) 5. I’ve found it’s very important to experiment, try new things, keep track of what seems to work and doesn’t and make changes in approach. It’s all a big learning experience. 6. Build on what others have done and what is already available when it makes sense, but don’t hesitate to DIY. People in the Urantia community are happy to help (a caveat being that you can’t always rely on follow-through more than you would from anyone else) but what makes all the difference is to do the work yourself as much as you have to and not wait for others or expect anything from individuals or organizations. 7. Almost everything is still left to be done. To put the app in perspective, in the United States there are over 100,000,000 people with an iPhone or iPad, and the number of app downloads in the US on any given day is not infrequently in the single digits. Just this one avenue of dissemination is 99.999% unrealized potential and IMO significantly underutilized considering it’s distribution that gives the book with zero marginal costs limitlessly through thin air for free at the touch of a screen. Worldwide there is that much more unrealized potential, a billion or so active iOS devices. 8. Related to #7 — the amount that’s simple to do and not being done is more than you might think. There are very easy things anyone can help with that surprisingly few people do. For instance leaving reviews, such as on Amazon, on youtube videos, on Goodreads. For my project, there are three different mechanisms by which positive reviews on the App Store lead to increased downloads after certain threshholds are met. About 20 people leaving a review each year on the App Store in all likelihood would lead to hundreds of more people discovering The Urantia Book annually through this channel. If you’re reading this, have the app, and haven’t left a review on the App Store — you should! In the past couple years I’ve tried to highlight this particular shortcoming to readers since the benefit-to-effort ratio is potentially so good but there hasn’t been much follow-through (just a single person). Much can be done steadily over time, day by day and bit by bit. I think a lot is about trying, doing, not being so concerned with any one result. A lot that I’ve tried out with this project hasn’t worked out as hoped but it’s taught me lessons. There’s still a lot more to learn and do.

Thank you tas for informing us about this. Reading what you’ve said caused me to jump out of my chair! I started to refocus my attention recently, and began working on disseminating the book myself. I’ve been searching the internet looking for places and ways to do this, and have had some limited success. You’ve just inspired me tremendously. Thanks again! I will be downloading your app and I’ll leave a review. (Didn’t know there was an app)

Bradly, I want to thank you too for regenerating this topic. The timing of all this is downright uncanny. There can’t be anything more important than bringing the book to the attention of the masses. We are living in a most amazing time!  :good:

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

Thanks tas….for sharing your efforts on behalf of dissemination and for the work as well!!  We have agreed earlier on this topic how valuable individual initiative has been and remains.  There are so many artists, film makers, scientific papers, radio shows, blogs, and on-line study groups hosted by one or two individuals, secondary works like Rick’s new story of the Mansion experience, translators, volunteer teacher/mods at UBIS and UU….and of course all larger organizations are but a collective of like minded individuals who must also personally strive, solve problems and overcome obstacles and resistance, etc.

I applaud all such efforts and believe that all sincere efforts to disseminate and support dissemination are mortal acts which our rulers and their agents can and do utilize in support of their plans for planetary and personal upliftment.

As to our Christian friends….first I would suggest that many, many UB students come from Christian experience and faith and many still do attend and support a local community congregation…and for good reasons.

I am also reminded of the Master’s teaching to add to another’s experience rather than remove anything; and to respect the religions and teachings of our evolutionary and generational experience.  And also how he seemed to be able to begin conversations with other religionists by finding common ground first…all important points to remember.

Dissemination takes many forms but the three most elemental I think are:  dissemination of the UB itself; dissemination of the teachings of the UB (study groups, conferences, classes, etc.) including personal discussions about religion and religious experience, etc.; and the creation of connectivity to allow the reader/students of the world the opportunity to self-create ever more and newer forms of the expression of the teachings in sharing and caring one with another.  Those forms do offer some overlap to be sure but not all forms of dissemination are limited to placing books in specific hands.

When it comes to our Christian friends or other religionists who are not dissatisfied with their current religious experience or philosophy – pushing books is not likely to be received well.  I come from a fundamentalist Christian background, family, and community.  I never knew how to communicate my own religious experience to them (left the church at age 16 to pursue other religious and philosophical studies) until I began studying the UB….and there it was!!  For decades now my efforts with Christians is a limited form of conversion attempt – converting Christians into Jesusonians!!!  (not UB readers)  It’s not that difficult I have found, since the core of the Jesusonian Gospel of the good news remains inherently imbedded in Christianity.

I think it a grave error to attempt any form of religious discussion with any religionist if we are not well educated in their religion and religious symbols and scriptures, etc.  Indeed, it might be considered rather egotistic to presume to teach another we do not even understand.  If you want to get Christians “out of the box”, you must first enter and understand “the box”.  This is how Jesus approached every believer and religionist of every flavor and variety.  He got in their box and expanded the lines within that box.  And he could do it with questions far more than with statements….he tickled the spirit and light within to greater levels of thinking, discerning, and sharing, light to light….far more than light to dark.

Covey wrote a book about the habits of successful people long ago and one of the seven habits listed was….seek first to understand, the better to then be understood!  Great advice…sounds so familiar too!

It’s been my experience that all forms of dissemination work to a lesser or greater degree but that there is no singular method or approach that exceeds all others.  Globally, there are different forms of dissemination that are particularly effective in some cultures/nations that are not so effective in others.  Diversity of strategy and tactic is a good thing….and a growing thing.  We are told that all sincere efforts to serve others is successful….in some way or another but probably not in the way we might prefer or intend….but the lack of effort will only bring a lack of results.

Thanks to all for joining in!

:good:

149:2.5 (1670.6) The teachers of the religion of Jesus should approach other religions with the recognition of the truths which are held in common (many of which come directly or indirectly from Jesus’ message) while they refrain from placing so much emphasis on the differences.

Van Amadon
    Van Amadon
    Participant

It’s not very encouraging running up against a fucillade of resistance and misinformation about the Urantia Book when you try to introduce it to people out there. For every person you might find to be open to it, twenty more butt in to malign it. Very frustrating.

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

Yes indeed Enno….frustration, confusion, and disappointment.  Who would of thought these to be good things?  The uncertainties of choice and outcome are something we must learn to relish, and feast and fatten upon, as bread crumbs upon the path of the pilgrim.  We can only do so with full confidence and faith in God and those who are minister to us each and us all.  We gain strength, courage, and wisdom by such experience.  We must strive and overcome and grow thereby.  Only those who despair and retire from effort will ultimately be disappointed however.  Or so I understand.

Adversity, the hammer and anvil, confusion, uncertainty, disappointment, failure, vicissitudes, edges of conflict…who would have thought these to be powerful elements of education…spiritual education that should lead to faith, inner peace, and adventure?  Never would have gotten that without the Revelation….amazing how things fit together to help us transfer the seat of identity by faith.

(557.2) 48:7.18 16. You cannot perceive spiritual truth until you feelingly experience it, and many truths are not really felt except in adversity.

;-)

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

For those who might be looking for a wonderful gift or to own a wonderful book themselves and something that might be an excellent  introduction to the UB for non-reader friends, let me suggest a new book published by the Foundation – The Parables of Jesus.

I’ll certainly be keeping mine but will also be buying more to give away!  Very high quality printing and binding and gloriously illustrated.

$14.00

https://www.amazon.com/Parables-Jesus-Complete-Teachings-Urantia/dp/0997404906/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1499548816&sr=1-1&keywords=the+parables+of+jesus+-+urantia

Van Amadon
    Van Amadon
    Participant

tas,

I want to download your app. There are so many of them.

Which one is yours?

tas
    Participant

tas, I want to download your app. There are so many of them. Which one is yours?

Ah it sounds like you have an Android device then.  Unfortunately my own app is the Apple one.  It’s the only one available for Apple devices, but on Android there have been a few created, and then some of those come in multiple languages, so there are a lot of results.

This one titled “Urantia Book Access” likely is the best one, based on what others have told me:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.access.urantiabookaccess.app

Three of the four Android apps of the English text, including the one above, haven’t been updated since 2014 though so I don’t know how good they are.  The other two are pretty much just webpages of the book packaged inside an app and I hear they aren’t so optimal.

I did create a website of the book to support my app, which I also designed to be as simple and clean a reading experience as possible for anyone.  If you’d like to try it out on your phone’s web browser it’s here:

https://bigbluebook.org

Van Amadon
    Van Amadon
    Participant

Thanks tas.

Yes, I use an Android phone.  :-(

Van Amadon
    Van Amadon
    Participant

tas,

I like your bigbluebook.org site.

What I like most is that I can copy a link to a specific Paper Section. That’s handy.

I’m curious, there doesn’t seem to be a search feature?

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 78 total)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.