The Soul- An Experiential Acquirement

Home Forums Urantia Book General Discussions The Soul- An Experiential Acquirement

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Mara
    Mara
    Participant

Do you think that Jesus learned (as in soul growth) from his experience of living on Urantia?

Yes, he certainly did.  Consider these comments about Jesus’ experience when he was 12 years old, going on 13:

127:6:12  Jesus is rapidly becoming a man, not just a young man but an adult. He has learned well to bear responsibility. He knows how to carry on in the face of disappointment. He bears up bravely when his plans are thwarted and his purposes temporarily defeated. He has learned how to be fair and just even in the face of injustice. He is learning how to adjust his ideals of spiritual living to the practical demands of earthly existence. He is learning how to plan for the achievement of a higher and distant goal of idealism while he toils earnestly for the attainment of a nearer and immediate goal of necessity. He is steadily acquiring the art of adjusting his aspirations to the commonplace demands of the human occasion. He has very nearly mastered the technique of utilizing the energy of the spiritual drive to turn the mechanism of material achievement. He is slowly learning how to live the heavenly life while he continues on with the earthly existence. More and more he depends upon the ultimate guidance of his heavenly Father while he assumes the fatherly role of guiding and directing the children of his earth family. He is becoming experienced in the skillful wresting of victory from the very jaws of defeat; he is learning how to transform the difficulties of time into the triumphs of eternity.

Thirteen years later Jesus laid down his tools and went to the Jordan river to present himself to John the baptist who was baptizing penitents.  The following comments pertain, in part, to the soul of Jesus.

136:2:3   Ordinarily, when a mortal of the realm attains such high levels of personality perfection, there occur those preliminary phenomena of spiritual elevation which terminate in eventual fusion of the matured soul of the mortal with its associated divine Adjuster. And such a change was apparently due to take place in the personality experience of Jesus of Nazareth on that very day when he went down into the Jordan with his two brothers to be baptized by John. This ceremony was the final act of his purely human life on Urantia, and many superhuman observers expected to witness the fusion of the Adjuster with its indwelt mind, but they were all destined to suffer disappointment. Something new and even greater occurred. As John laid his hands upon Jesus to baptize him, the indwelling Adjuster took final leave of the perfected human soul of Joshua ben Joseph. And in a few moments this divine entity returned from Divinington as a Personalized Adjuster and chief of his kind throughout the entire local universe of Nebadon. Thus did Jesus observe his own former divine spirit descending on its return to him in personalized form. And he heard this same spirit of Paradise origin now speak, saying, “This is my beloved Son in whom I am well pleased.” And John, with Jesus‘ two brothers, also heard these words. John’s disciples, standing by the water’s edge, did not hear these words, neither did they see the apparition of the Personalized Adjuster. Only the eyes of Jesus beheld the Personalized Adjuster.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

3:5.16  Everything divine which the human mind grasps and the human soul acquires is an experiential attainment; it is a reality of personal experience and is therefore a unique possession . . . 

5:6.8 . . . provision having been made for the growth of the immortal self, the soul, it remains for man himself to will the creation or to inhibit the creation of this surviving and eternal self which is his for the choosing.

The mind grasps and the soul acquires.  That is such a wonderful image for me.  My mind is designed to grasp what my soul desires for its growth, like a mother hen feeding her baby chick.  It’s up to me and my mind to grasp at truth, beauty and goodness, to grind and chew it up as an actual living experience, which then feeds my soul, a place where these wonderful experiences remain forever.  It’s such a fantastically beautiful concept.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

5:0.1 Man does not have to go farther than his own inner experience of the soul’s contemplation of this spiritual-reality presence to find God and attempt communion with him.

. . .  the soul’s contemplation  . . .  Hmmm.  Does anyone know how the soul contemplates? It must have a mind of its own in order to do that, don’t you think?  It must be the supermind, the Holy Spirit.  And contemplating . . . isn’t that sort of philosophical?  Wouldn’t that have something to do with the Spirit of Truth?  So the inner experience of the soul’s contemplation is an experience of the Holy Spirit and the Spirit of Truth.  How beautiful and true. It’s all good.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

The self-consciousness of the human adjutant mind is independent of Adjuster presence. The soul, being superadjutant requires the presence of the Adjuster for self-consciousness when deprived of the material mind.  The soul also has character derived from decisions made by the adjutant mind. (112:6.7)

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.