The Kingdom of Heaven

Home Forums Urantia Book General Discussions The Kingdom of Heaven

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 255 total)
  • Author
    Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

MidiChlorian wrote:Meany have talked about loyalty, but loyalty to whom, GOD?  Okay, is it not His wish for us to be loyal to our brothers and sisters who are in need, not to mention their children as well. Far to many are calling for loyalty to God, and forsaking that mandate of brotherhood,

Okay, here’s my lecture on loyalty.  In case you don’t understand what TUB means by loyalty, here’s the definition:

39:4.11  What is loyalty? It is the fruit of an intelligent appreciation of universe brotherhood; one could not take so much and give nothing. As you ascend the personality scale, first you learn to be loyal, then to love, then to be filial, and then may you be free; but not until you are a finaliter, not until you have attained perfection of loyalty, can you self-realize finality of liberty.

Loyalty is a fruit.  A fruit of the spirit.  How do we produce fruit?  By staying connected to the vine.  Who is the vine?  Jesus.  Where is Jesus? He’s in your soul.  Where is your soul?  It’s in YOUR HEAD.  Who is Jesus?  He and the Father are ONE.  It starts there.  That’s where fruit production begins.

193:2.2 And the fruits of the divine spirit which are yielded in the lives of spirit-born and God-knowing mortals are: loving service, unselfish devotion, courageous loyalty, sincere fairness, enlightened honesty, undying hope, confiding trust, merciful ministry, unfailing goodness, forgiving tolerance, and enduring peace. If professed believers bear not these fruits of the divine spirit in their lives, they are dead; the Spirit of Truth is not in them; they are useless branches on the living vine, and they soon will be taken away.

Loyalty is not only an appreciation of the fact that you’re a son of God, but an INTELLIGENT recognition of the fact that you are not an only child.  God has lots of sons.  Loyalty to the Father means devotion to the entire family.  The quote says that FIRST you learn to be loyal. Loyal to whom?  To the Father.  SECOND, you learn to love.  How do you learn to love?  By association with the Father, the source of love.  THIRD, you learn to be filial.  What is filial? It is sonship, affection given by a son. Affection is an outward flowing of love to others. That means you have succeeded in completing the great circuit of love: from the Father to the son to the brothers.  This leads to freedom, freedom within the family – the brotherhood.

117:6.10 All true love is from God, and man receives the divine affection as he himself bestows this love upon his fellows. Love is dynamic. It can never be captured; it is alive, free, thrilling, and always moving. Man can never take the love of the Father and imprison it within his heart. The Father’s love can become real to mortal man only by passing through that man’s personality as he in turn bestows this love upon his fellows. The great circuit of love is from the Father, through sons to brothers, and hence to the Supreme. The love of the Father appears in the mortal personality by the ministry of the indwelling Adjuster. Such a God-knowing son reveals this love to his universe brethren, and this fraternal affection is the essence of the love of the Supreme.

Loyalty is about love and loving relationships. Who is in charge of loving relationships? Jesus and his Spirit of Truth.  We learn the WAY to have loving relationships with our brothers because we learn it from our teacher, Jesus who lives in our heads as the Spirit of Truth.  Jesus and the Father are ONE. The Spirit of Truth and the Father are ONE.   It is from the fatherhood of God that we come to the intelligent appreciation of the brotherhood of man.  It always starts with the Father.  God is FIRST. It can’t be any other way.

Loyalty is also about growth.  We begin as tadpoles and become frogs. A growing person is a loyal person who stays connected to the living vine in a perpetual relationship with the Father through his Son –  the Father who is the source of love; the source of family; and the source of reality.

100:1.4 Children are permanently impressed only by the loyalties of their adult associates; precept or even example is not lastingly influential. Loyal persons are growing persons, and growth is an impressive and inspiring reality. Live loyally today – grow – and tomorrow will attend to itself. The quickest way for a tadpole to become a frog is to live loyally each moment as a tadpole.

Van Amadon
    Van Amadon
    Participant

Where is your soul? It’s in YOUR HEAD.

Mine is in my toe. It lifts me up.

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

We all agree that the best way to solve problems is God’s way. That would be God’s will, right? How else do you discover God’s will except by associating with the Spirit within, as you say?

The spirit from within is a guide, or a pilot, to God’s will. How one uses or assumes what this spirit is directing them to do, does not always represent God’s will. If one misinterprets this guidance, and acts against God’s will or way, is that action still God’s will? It is easier to say that, this or that, is God’s will, but through personal religion experience, attempting to perform God’s will, should be the evaluator, possibly through trial and error. It is difficult to assess God’s will, until after the fact — cause and effect.

Back on track…the will of God.  What is it?  It is not a ‘what’.  It is never a ‘what’.  It’s a ‘why’.  The motive of love IS the will of God.  We must begin with motive…love of God and love of family, the creation of God.  Once properly motivated by God’s will, then comes the issue of ‘how’.  Now the how gets interesting indeed.  This is determined by one’s experience, wisdom, and discernment of every situation and circumstance and intersection of decision.  That’s why we’re taught that sincerity and ever more sincerity is the WAY.  Sincerity of intent and love as motive IS God’s will.  And yes, the effects of our decisions (cause) is a big part of the way in which we improve the ‘how’.

Prayer is a key in all such matters…we are to take all our choices to God….to pray without ceasing was taught us by Jesus.  Such relationship building with God within is also certainly the will of God.

;-)

196:0.8 (2088.3) The faith of Jesus visualized all spirit values as being found in the kingdom of God; therefore he said, “Seek first the kingdom of heaven.” Jesus saw in the advanced and ideal fellowship of the kingdom the achievement and fulfillment of the “will of God.” The very heart of the prayer which he taught his disciples was, “Your kingdom come; your will be done.” Having thus conceived of the kingdom as comprising the will of God, he devoted himself to the cause of its realization with amazing self-forgetfulness and unbounded enthusiasm. But in all his intense mission and throughout his extraordinary life there never appeared the fury of the fanatic nor the superficial frothiness of the religious egotist.

196:0.9 (2088.4) The Master’s entire life was consistently conditioned by this living faith, this sublime religious experience. This spiritual attitude wholly dominated his thinking and feeling, his believing and praying, his teaching and preaching. This personal faith of a son in the certainty and security of the guidance and protection of the heavenly Father imparted to his unique life a profound endowment of spiritual reality. And yet, despite this very deep consciousness of close relationship with divinity, this Galilean, God’s Galilean, when addressed as Good Teacher, instantly replied, “Why do you call me good?” When we stand confronted by such splendid self-forgetfulness, we begin to understand how the Universal Father found it possible so fully to manifest himself to him and reveal himself through him to the mortals of the realms.

196:0.12 (2089.2) The faith of Jesus attained the purity of a child’s trust. His faith was so absolute and undoubting that it responded to the charm of the contact of fellow beings and to the wonders of the universe. His sense of dependence on the divine was so complete and so confident that it yielded the joy and the assurance of absolute personal security. There was no hesitating pretense in his religious experience. In this giant intellect of the full-grown man the faith of the child reigned supreme in all matters relating to the religious consciousness. It is not strange that he once said, “Except you become as a little child, you shall not enter the kingdom.” Notwithstanding that Jesus’ faith was childlike, it was in no sense childish.

196:1.3 (2090.4) To “follow Jesus” means to personally share his religious faith and to enter into the spirit of the Master’s life of unselfish service for man. One of the most important things in human living is to find out what Jesus believed, to discover his ideals, and to strive for the achievement of his exalted life purpose. Of all human knowledge, that which is of greatest value is to know the religious life of Jesus and how he lived it.

196:1.5 (2091.1) It should not be the aim of kingdom believers literally to imitate the outward life of Jesus in the flesh but rather to share his faith; to trust God as he trusted God and to believe in men as he believed in men. Jesus never argued about either the fatherhood of God or the brotherhood of men; he was a living illustration of the one and a profound demonstration of the other.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Back on track…the will of God. What is it? It is not a ‘what’. It is never a ‘what’. It’s a ‘why’. The motive of love IS the will of God. We must begin with motive…love of God and love of family, the creation of God. Once properly motivated by God’s will, then comes the issue of ‘how’. Now the how gets interesting indeed. This is determined by one’s experience, wisdom, and discernment of every situation and circumstance and intersection of decision. That’s why we’re taught that sincerity and ever more sincerity is the WAY. Sincerity of intent and love as motive IS God’s will. And yes, the effects of our decisions (cause) is a big part of the way in which we improve the ‘how’.

The “motive…love of God” is an internal thing, where “love of family” is external.  If “sincerity and ever more sincerity is the WAY”, then should not the “WAY” be defined by the performing of the “word”?

Sincerity – noun, plural sincerities.
    1. freedom from deceit, hypocrisy, or duplicity; probity in intention or in communicating; earnestness.

I agree, that sincerity is a key, however to put into practice, can be most difficult.

So, based on your definition or thinking, we should ask not “what is the will of God?” but “WHY, the will of God?”

So, “why” should we attempt to perform or do, the will of God?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Okay, here’s my lecture on loyalty. In case you don’t understand what TUB means by loyalty, here’s the definition:

39:4.11 What is loyalty? It is the fruit of an intelligent appreciation of universe brotherhood; one could not take so much and give nothing. As you ascend the personality scale, first you learn to be loyal, then to love, then to be filial, and then may you be free; but not until you are a finaliter, not until you have attained perfection of loyalty, can you self-realize finality of liberty.

Are you indicating that loyalty, is a form of “give and take” through “appreciation” of “brotherhood”?  Why can one not be loyal to the brotherhood, until “you are a finaliter” — and then “Free”?  Free to do what, be loyal?

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

No, it would seem that you think that I present this because I am against what TUB is presenting. In actuality it is what others seem to present as their attitude, by their remarks, based on their understanding of the context in the UB, which I am referring too.  In essence, it would appear that they are defending what they think TUB is presenting by their insistence that the universe is friendly, then so is the atmosphere here on Earth, friendly — thereby, portraying that we need do nothing but wait, to start the adventure, in the life after death.

, do you have any idea what a friendly universe is?  Do you know what friendliness is?  Would you recognize friendliness when you see it?  What does a person have to do in order to be described as friendly by you?  I’d love to know.

There is a midwayer definition of friendship out there. It appears on page 64 of Dr. Sadler’s book titled, The Mind at Mischief.  He is reported to have been given this definition verbatim by the Midwayers and given permission to include it in his book.

“Friendship is the first and basic human conviction. It is more than an emotion, it is greater than an impulse, it transcends a sentiment. There is something profound about friendship at its best. It is undoubtedly based on the sentiment of love, and has in association with it many other emotions, including, no doubt, both sympathy and respect. Friendship is the equivalent of love plus loyalty and more or less of the sex-element. It is so influential in human experience that there appear to be no lengths to which it will not go to assert itself and to justify its existence.”

The FIRST and BASIC human CONVICTION.  Wow!  That means it’s the one certainty on which human relationships are built upon.  It’s no wonder Jesus told the apostles that they were to teach friendship with God.  Friendship is something humans can understand and relate to.

Friendship is MORE than an EMOTION.  That means your feelings are not the only thing that determine whether or not someone is a friend.  Friendship TRANSCENDS sentiment.  That means it goes beyond gut reactions, passions, your feelings of acceptance or being liked, your need for other people to pay attention to you or your expectations of what you’ll get from them.

At its best, friendship is based on LOVE, but it also embraces RESPECT.  Friendship also includes LOYALTY.  What is loyalty again?  It’s the fruit of intelligent appreciation of brotherhood.  That means you recognize a friend as being a son of God just like you are. That certainly demands respect.

Friendship has NO LENGTHS to which it won’t go to express itself.  That means it is a basic human urge, a basic human impulse. Why is that?  Because personality cannot function in isolation.  Isolation is DEATH.  Those who are unfriendly are isolating themselves.  What do we call people who isolate themselves?  We call them antisocial.  What have we been told to do about antisocial behavior? We’re told to find a way to obliterate it.

So, if you don’t think the universe is friendly, then you must not have come across friendliness.  What did Jesus say you should do if you want friends?  He said to be friendly.  It’s the same as the great circuit of love thing.  You don’t experience love until you share it with others. You won’t know the universe is friendly until you start being friendly to others yourself.  And if you’re not being friendly then you’re not following your very most basic human impulse.  You’re fighting against it and isolating yourself, which is evil, which ends in death.

193:3.2 Have you not read in the Scripture where it is written: ‘It is not good for man to be alone. No man lives to himself’? And also where it says: ‘He who would have friends must show himself friendly’?

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

It has nothing to do with what the UB is presenting, only the dogmatic attitude which some have or are taking from what their understanding is, of what they believe their personal mission is, or is not.  Based on what they think, that the UB or spirits are telling them to do, or how to think.  Responses, or statements that imply that the UB says what it says, and doesn’t say what it doesn’t, implies that those individuals who present other religious concepts or ideas, are beneath that which has been presented in TUB, as assessed by the confronter using that type of response or statement.

Cut the caterwauling  and make yourself friendly.  Honestly.  Your war with Bradly is an embarrassment.

Anonymous
    Inactive

. . .make yourself friendly. Honestly. Your war with Bradly is an embarrassment.

First of all, I appreciate your concern and opinion, however your most resent posts would take on the structure as if you were my mother, which you are not and never could be but, putting that aside, I have a distinct regulation as to whom I consider as friend.  On another forum, I attempted to show myself friendly to you, and you basically told me that we were at “odds”, that’s okay, that’s your prerogative.  On that forum you asked me if I had any friends that I could trust, where I answered a few, and then you stated that you had twelve and that you could not trust them until you set down some obligatory rules (paraphrasing here, not verbatim), but that was an indicator to me, what your criteria was and, that was then and this is now.  Also, I am not warring with Bradly, just debating his attempt to dominate his thoughts over mine, when it comes to an individuals personal understanding of the context within the UB.  Yes, I do find many of the things he presents, repeatedly, as part of his character trait, but in the same sense, repetition does not make it so, or true.  He has many times indicated that he is only attempting to protect the students coming to these forums, from me, where I cannot express the many expressions he has used to describe me or my contributions, and even saying that they were Satanic in nature.  Okay, that is his opinion, but based on this type of attitude towards or against me, it has become evident that he has a different definition of friendship or being friendly, so even if there was an attempt or invitation to friendship, it seems to be not mutual.  So, I leave it at a debate, which he once told me that he will not debate me, and has told me as much here as well here recently.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant
    MidiChlorian wrote: The spirit from within is a guide, or a pilot, to God’s will.
    The “spirit from within,” as you say, is a PERSON.  And that PERSON is a FRIEND.

3:1:4  Man goes forth searching for a friend while that very friend lives within his own heart.

5:4.13 3. Jesus’ concept – God as a living friend, a loving Father, the divine presence.

159:3.9 In preaching the gospel of the kingdom, you are simply teaching friendship with God.

What do we know about forming friendships?  We know that it is a first and basic human conviction.  It’s the one thing we can be certain of. And it just so happens that there is no friendship in the universe that we can be more certain of than our friendship with God.

16:9.4 Human self-consciousness implies the recognition of the reality of selves other than the conscious self and further implies that such awareness is mutual; that the self is known as it knows. This is shown in a purely human manner in man’s social life. But you cannot become so absolutely certain of a fellow being’s reality as you can of the reality of the presence of God that lives within you. The social consciousness is not inalienable like the God-consciousness; it is a cultural development and is dependent on knowledge, symbols, and the contributions of the constitutive endowments of man—science, morality, and religion. And these cosmic gifts, socialized, constitute civilization.

MidiChlorian wrote How one uses or assumes what this spirit is directing them to do, does not always represent God’s will.  If one misinterprets this guidance, and acts against God’s will or way, is that action still God’s will?

First of all, the “spirit from within,” as you call him, does not tell people what to do.  If people think they are being told what to do, what to think, what to say, then they need meds.

Can people misunderstand God’s will?  Absolutely!  Misunderstanding is a failure to assess true meanings.  It’s due to a breakdown in communication – a failure to communicate – a momentary disconnection from the vine.  That’s what they call ERROR.  What is error?  Error is EVIL.  What is evil?  Evil is imperfection.  Are we forgiven for being imperfect?  YES.  Why are we forgiven? Because we are immature, we’re tadpoles, and also because the universe and the big guy who runs it are friendly in a fatherly way.  Are we given multiple mercy credits to correct our misunderstanding errors?  You betcha!  More credits than we need.  Is that friendly?  Dang tootin’ it is.

174:1.4 If you are wise parents, this is the way you will love and understand your children, even forgive them when transient misunderstanding has apparently separated you.

Evil is the unconscious or unintended transgression of the divine law, the Father’s will. Evil is likewise the measure of the imperfectness of obedience to the Father’s will.

Evil is the immature choosing and the unthinking misstep of those who are resistant to goodness, rejectful of beauty, and disloyal to truth. Evil is only the misadaptation of immaturity or the disruptive and distorting influence of ignorance.

130:4.11 Error (evil) is the penalty of imperfection. The qualities of imperfection or facts of misadaptation are disclosed on the material level by critical observation and by scientific analysis; on the moral level, by human experience. The presence of evil constitutes proof of the inaccuracies of mind and the immaturity of the evolving self. Evil is, therefore, also a measure of imperfection in universe interpretation. The possibility of making mistakes is inherent in the acquisition of wisdom, the scheme of progressing from the partial and temporal to the complete and eternal, from the relative and imperfect to the final and perfected.

MidiChlorian wrote: It is difficult to assess God’s will, until after the fact — cause and effect.
    What happens when you’re not doing God’s will?  You are unhappy?  Why are you unhappy?  Because you’re trying to live out something that is NOT REAL.  The question becomes, how long will you put up with unhappiness?  Some people put up with it for a very long time because they blame other people for it, including God.  But whose fault is it really?  It’s yours and only yours.  Deal with it.  Fix it.  Resume your loyalty relationship with God and move on.  Get up and try again.  Crying, whining, caterwauling, procrastinating, postponing, reality avoidance will all make you more miserable if you’re really a truth seeker.  If you’re not a truth seeker, then perhaps you get some sick satisfaction from being miserable.  It’s hard to understand.  I leave it there.

2:7.6 Happiness ensues from the recognition of truth because it can be acted out; it can be lived.  Disappointment and sorrow attend upon error because, not being a reality, it cannot be realized in experience.  Divine truth is best known by its spiritual flavor.

89:10.6 The forgiveness of sin by Deity is the renewal of loyalty relations following a period of the human consciousness of the lapse of such relations as the consequence of conscious rebellion. The forgiveness does not have to be sought, only received as the consciousness of re-establishment of loyalty relations between the creature and the Creator. And all the loyal sons of God are happy, service-loving, and ever-progressive in the Paradise ascent.

To live your life on a trial and error, or cause and effect,  basis is really living like an animal.  The beauty of being human is that you have a higher mind with spirit friends living there and a personality who craves to know and love them.  If you’re not utilizing those gifts, then you’re living a very difficult life.  Definitely not a wise one, that’s for sure.  Humans have access to the adjutants of worship and wisdom.  Wisdom! It’s the escalator to the soul.
    16:7.2 The selective response of an animal is limited to the motor level of behavior. The supposed insight of the higher animals is on a motor level and usually appears only after the experience of motor trial and error. Man is able to exercise scientific, moral, and spiritual insight prior to all exploration or experimentation.
    Those two higher adjutants are so useful in avoiding the trial and error thing.  You can actually work on things in your head before doing them.  You can use your creative imagination to visualize the outcome of your action.  And while you’re doing that, trying to make decisions of how best to do something, you should be asking those friends in your head what they think.  You know, the mind of Jesus thing, which we’ve been told we can have on exchange any time we want?  Where’s Jesus?  In your soul.  Where’s your soul?  In your head. How do you get there? Worship and wisdom.

48:6.26 Even on Urantia, these seraphim teach the everlasting truth: If your own mind does not serve you well, you can exchange it for the mind of Jesus of Nazareth, who always serves you well. 

So yeah, if you work on ideas in your head and don’t include Jesus’ mind, you’re only going to come up with material level solutions, solutions coming from the self rather than the “other-than-self” in your head. And what do we know about those kinds of decisions?  They have no fulcrum, no power.  They bend and distort the universe toward service of self.

110:6.17 But choosing to do the will of God joins spiritual faith to material decisions in personality action and thus supplies a divine and spiritual fulcrum for the more effective functioning of the human and material leverage of God-hunger. Such a wise co-ordination of material and spiritual forces greatly augments both cosmic realization of the Supreme and morontia comprehension of the Paradise Deities.

5:4.3 God is not only the determiner of destiny; he is man’s eternal destination. All nonreligious human activities seek to bend the universe to the distorting service of self; the truly religious individual seeks to identify the self with the universe and then to dedicate the activities of this unified self to the service of the universe family of fellow beings, human and superhuman.

What you’re looking for is supermaterial decisions, those that are identified with that “other-than-self” friend in your head.  If you keep doing that, your identity shifts to favor those kinds of decisions, the one’s coming from the mind of your friend.  It’s a process.  These supermaterial solutions are from the soul, where your friend lives.  And that’s the only place where decisions in tune with God’s will can be made ready by the Spirit of Truth for action.  That’s where happiness comes from.  That’s the true stuff coming forth, the stuff that can be acted out because it’s real . . . the fruits . . . the stuff in tune with God’s way . . . God’s will.  It’s radical!  but works every time it’s tried.

100:4.3 The highest happiness is indissolubly linked with spiritual progress. Spiritual growth yields lasting joy, peace which passes all understanding.

103:5.5 Human happiness is achieved only when the ego desire of the self and the altruistic urge of the higher self (divine spirit) are co-ordinated and reconciled by the unified will of the integrating and supervising personality.

159:3.10 Increasing happiness is always the experience of all who are certain about God.

Sooooooo . . . . long story short . . . . . if you’re constantly miserable and feel suffocated by an unfriendly universe, then you don know God very well and you’re definitely not doing his will very much. You’re suffering from a misinterpretation of the universe and a misadaptation to reality.  Pretty basic stuff.

nelsong
    Participant

. . .make yourself friendly. Honestly. Your war with Bradly is an embarrassment.

First of all, I appreciate your concern and opinion, however your most resent posts would take on the structure as if you were my mother, which you are not and never could be but, putting that aside, I have a distinct regulation as to whom I consider as friend. On another forum, I attempted to show myself friendly to you, and you basically told me that we were at “odds”, that’s okay, that’s your prerogative. On that forum you asked me if I had any friends that I could trust, where I answered a few, and then you stated that you had twelve and that you could not trust them until you set down some obligatory rules (paraphrasing here, not verbatim), but that was an indicator to me, what your criteria was and, that was then and this is now. Also, I am not warring with Bradly, just debating his attempt to dominate his thoughts over mine, when it comes to an individuals personal understanding of the context within the UB. Yes, I do find meany of the things he presents, repeatedly, as part of his character trait, but in the same sense, repetition does not make it so, or true. He has meany times indicated that he is only attempting to protect the students coming to these forums, from me, where I cannot express the many expressions he has used to describe me or my contributions, and even saying that they were Satanic in nature. Okay, that is his opinion, but based on this type of attitude towards or against me, it has become evident that he has a different definition of friendship or being friendly, so even if there was an attempt or invitation to friendship, it seems to be not mutual. So, I leave it at a debate, which he once told me that he will not debate me, and has told me as much here as well here recently.

23?

Van Amadon
    Van Amadon
    Participant

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

Back on track…the will of God.  What is it?  It is not a ‘what’.  It is never a ‘what’.  It’s a ‘why’.  The motive of love IS the will of God.

I think you have to be careful here.  Yes, the only answer for WHY is LOVE.  There is no other answer, so trying to figure out why God might want this or that is futile.  I think using the word WHY implies an intellectual approach to God which is more fitting for philosophical thought, but not a personal spiritual relationship.  So yes, the answer to the question, “What is the will of God?” should always be love.  But why?  Because there’s nothing else.  God is Love, right?

I don’t see the value in the will of God being a WHY.  The will of God is the result of a personal relationship.  You don’t usually ask yourself why you love your wife, you just do. The reasons are manifold and mostly inexpressible.  If you have to analyze why you love someone, then there might be something wrong.  Am I making sense?

We are told that God’s will is nothing more than the willingness to share the inner life with him.  It’s not a WHY as much as a desire. God’s will is about a person, about a relationship with a person.  And it is that relationship which produces fruits.  The fruit production is not a conscious thing per se.  It’s gonna happen whether or not you’re thinking about WHY or not.   It’s like producing children before mankind figured out what was causing it.  It just happened as a result of love. If our ancestors had to wonder why before they made love, then we wouldn’t be here.  I just think that the will of God is not so much a WHY as it is the experience of loving him and getting to know him as a person. God’s will is done without us even being conscious of it.  All true goodness is unconscious.  It will flow from the vine all on its own as long as we keep up our willingness to stay connected and share.

102:1.1 It is literally true, “Human things must be known in order to be loved, but divine things must be loved in order to be known.”

111:5.1  The doing of the will of God is nothing more or less than an exhibition of creature willingness to share the inner life with God—with the very God who has made such a creature life of inner meaning-value possible.

Anonymous
    Inactive

23?

So, what’s the point? Or, do you really have one? When one asks what they think or believe, should they use we, or us?

Anonymous
    Inactive

The “spirit from within,” as you say, is a PERSON. And that PERSON is a FRIEND.

My reference to “spirit from within” is not a person as you might understand it, it is more like a combination of Thought Adjuster and the Morontia Self, the “real you”, or the “other self”.

(1193.4) 108:6.5 These faithful custodians of the future career unfailingly duplicate every mental creation with a spiritual counterpart; they are thus slowly and surely re-creating you as you really are (only spiritually) for resurrection on the survival worlds. And all of these exquisite spirit re-creations are being preserved in the emerging reality of your evolving and immortal soul, your morontia self. These realities are actually there, notwithstanding that the Adjuster is seldom able to exalt these duplicate creations sufficiently to exhibit them to the light of consciousness.

(1193.5) 108:6.6 And as you are the human parent, so is the Adjuster the divine parent of the real you, your higher and advancing self, your better morontial and future spiritual self. And it is this evolving morontial soul that the judges and censors discern when they decree your survival and pass you upward to new worlds and never-ending existence in eternal liaison with your faithful partner — God, the Adjuster.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

39:4.11 What is loyalty? It is the fruit of an intelligent appreciation of universe brotherhood; one could not take so much and give nothing. As you ascend the personality scale, first you learn to be loyal, then to love, then to be filial, and then may you be free; but not until you are a finaliter, not until you have attained perfection of loyalty, can you self-realize finality of liberty.

MidiChlorian wrote:  Are you indicating that loyalty, is a form of “give and take” through “appreciation” of “brotherhood”?

If you appreciate all you’ve been given, you’ll want to share just like God the Father shares with you.  He shares himself with you, so you share yourself with others. Not complicated.  No whys, whats or wherefores.

MidiChlorian wrote: Why can one not be loyal to the brotherhood, until “you are a finaliter” — and then “Free”?  Free to do what, be loyal?

The quote doesn’t say that you can’t be loyal until you’re a finaliter.  It says you don’t have PERFECTION OF LOYALTY  until you’re a finaliter.  What does PERFECTION OF LOYALTY mean?  It’s the same as PERFECTION OF PURPOSE.  What is PERFECTION OF PURPOSE? It’s perfection of the desire to be perfect.  Such perfection leaves no question as to purpose.  Faith has been thoroughly tested and loyalty to God’s will is perfectly assured.  What happens when you are perfect in faith and loyalty to God?  You produce fruit like crazy.  What is that fruit?  LOVING SERVICE.  What is LOVING SERVICE?  It’s an intelligent appreciation of universe brotherhood.  And once you have perfection of purpose, a perfect faith and a perfect loyalty, God sets you free in loving service to the universe. That’s the finality of liberty.  Pretty simple really.

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 255 total)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.