Made a new site for reading the UB, bigbluebook.org

Home Forums Urantia Book General Discussions Made a new site for reading the UB, bigbluebook.org

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Vern
    Vern
    Participant

tas

Hello my friend, it’s great to see you engaging with the people here. I knew you would be doing great things since your initial project of the Big Blue Book app for iPhone which I still have on mine.

Is there any way to have a search function integrated with this?

I’m glad you have built a stand alone Urantia Book website, It’s good to free the revelation from being bound to the social organisations that have evolved over this first century of exposure.

I’ve been using the uBook4u URANTIA BOOK ONLINE website which is very fast and has an excellent search engine.

http://ubook4u.com/

tas
    Participant

Hi Vern,

Great to hear from you, it’s been a while, and thanks for such kind words.  Since the audience for the website is bound to be pretty minimal for the near future compared to the much larger number using the app, my intent has been to put my focus mostly back on app efforts for now, where more people will see the benefit.  So I don’t see that I’ll have time to put into integrating search with the website anytime soon unfortunately. The good news is instead my time is going into the search feature for the iOS app, which I think is arguably better already in a number of ways than the search features on websites, though those certainly are fine and serviceable as is.  I hadn’t encountered uBook4u before and will have to check it out.

I’m not sure if the email address I have for you is still current.  If you or anyone else is interested in assisting with beta tests of the next app versions including the upcoming search feature in it, feel free to send an email to me at dandelionapps@gmail.com.

As for building a stand alone UB website, to the credit of UF, they’ve been very supportive of projects like mine and others over the years, and in allowing use of their translations for creative alternative means of distribution.  They and the translators do a tremendous amount of work and any support people can give them is all for the better.

tas

Mark Kurtz
    Participant

Tas,

I understand you are the author/creator of the iPhone app.  Good to know this.  I could not find  any information on the app indicating source.  Yes, I do have interest in this, as I am not always at my laptop when an idea pops!

I really do appreciate your work!

Vern
    Vern
    Participant

tas

Hello,

Thanks for your kind reply and email contact, I sent you a quick message. Glad to hear you are developing a searchable version of your BigBlueBook app. I look forward to the upgrade.

Peace and blessings

Vicki A
    Participant

I greatly appreciate this site for reading The Urantia Book online. I like the clean, distraction-free text. The navigation is nice also. I’ve begun to link to this on my site Through the Year with The Urantia Book. Thank you!

chucksmith1982
    Participant

Another way to read TUB is to read papers 1–196 followed by the forword. I did it that way and got more meaning out of TUB than, say, reading front to back .

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.