Looking at the Foreword

Home Forums Urantia Book General Discussions Looking at the Foreword

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

Thinking about the bolded part and trinity relationships: can personality, mind and spirit qualify as trinity?

Energy, mind and spirit is the triodity which is acted upon by personality as part of the evolution of the Supreme. Mind intervenes between energy and spirit.  This is why the cosmic mind has three reality reflexes and why we are supposed to learn to recognize and reckon with the ” . . . elliptic symmetry of reality and with the essential curvature of all relation concepts.”(103:6.14)

Gene
    Participant

Have not re-read triodity yet but isn’t energy, mind and spirit a manifestation of the cosmic mind?

And those three reflexes – aren’t they causation, duty and worship? Or am I missing it.

I read 103.6 and that elliptical symmetry escapes me. Actually it seems out of place in that paper.

something I need to recon with as I always have had difficulty with the elliptical thing.

I did make a list of the three’s:

cosmic reality, mind meanings, spirit value – starting at the top.

Truth, beauty, goodness – how we comprehend divinity and unity.

Love, mercy, ministry- how our personality correlates TBG.

Justice, power, sovereignty- the non-personal expression of TBG.

Fact, idea, relation – elements of universal reality.

Science, philosophy, truth-

Reason, wisdom, faith-

Thing, meaning, value –

Physical reality, intellectual reality, spiritual realitie –

Energy, mind, spirit – The Triodity??

Causation, duty, worship – self evident responses to Cosmic mind.

Scientific, moral, spiritual – insights.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

Have not re-read triodity yet but isn’t energy, mind and spirit a manifestation of the cosmic mind?

No.

And those three reflexes – aren’t they causation, duty and worship?

Yes

Causation is the reality level of physical energy (science,fact,reason,thing,); Duty is the reality level of mind (philosophy,idea,wisdom,meaning,morality); Worship is the reality level of spirit (truth,relation,faith,value,spiritual insight ).

196:3.2 There are just three elements in universal reality: fact, idea, and relation. The religious consciousness identifies these realities as science, philosophy, and truth. Philosophy would be inclined to view these activities as reason, wisdom, and faith — physical reality, intellectual reality, and spiritual reality. We are in the habit of designating these realities as thing, meaning, and value.

Moderator-2

Hi Gene,

I took the liberty of correcting the spelling of the title of your thread. I hope you don’t mind.

Moderator 2.  :-)

Gene
    Participant

Hi Gene, I took the liberty of correcting the spelling of the title of your thread. I hope you don’t mind. Moderator 2. :-)

Thx

Gene
    Participant

Hi Gene, I took the liberty of correcting the spelling of the title of your thread. I hope you don’t mind. Moderator 2. :-)

Thx

maybe corrected spelling has unintended opposite effect?

Gene
    Participant

I always got a kick out of this:

the first words in the foreword:
    “IN THE MINDS of the mortals of Urantia—that being the name of your world—there exists great confusion respecting the meaning of such terms as God, divinity, and deity.”

then the last words in the book: “When all is said and done, the Father idea is still the highest human concept of God.”

seems simple enough eh?

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.