How can I love my enemies?

Home Forums Urantia Book General Discussions How can I love my enemies?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 60 total)
  • Author
    Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

Greetings Andre!!

We are told that there is no greater love than the willingness to lay down our mortal life for another.  Fortunately, no one ever faces the choice of giving up their spiritual standing or soul or eternal destiny so that another might have it instead.  Each must choose that for themselves and make the journey on their own intentions and efforts to learn, to serve, and to love.  Those you listed are not my enemies but they may be their own worst ones…by their choices….which no one may prevent nor cure.

A difficult and important lesson from the Papers to consider is “false sympathy”….which means that I do not and am not to lament the consequences suffered by free will choice for those who made the choices.  Lucifer, Hitler, Stalin, Amin, et al, suffer by their own hand….they are not victims except as their own victims by their own motives, intentions, priorities, choices, and acts that were contrary to love and service and truth, beauty, and goodness.  I have no need to hate them nor feel sorry for them…they have my high hopes and best wishes and even pity….but not sympathy.

As pointed out above, God hates the sin yet still loves the sinner and hopes for their union in time to come.  But not even God dares to abrogate the choices of free will….or the consequences of choice either.    While I have not been tested in giving up my body to save another, I have given up much for myself by my love of others….which has served my contentment and happiness in wonderful ways and far more than I might ever have gained by taking what I might for myself instead.

Thanks for being here….all!!

:good:

Mara
    Mara
    Participant

“IF” it was possible, giving or trade your life for your “enemies”, your spiritual status life… Would you be interested?

No.  Would I want to walk a mile or a kilometer in their shoes? No, not the people you mentioned, or Caligastia or any other ungodly and twisted person.  To me it’s an odd question, but now you have me wondering why you asked.  Is this a kind of personal intellectual exercise you speculate about for yourself?

André
    André
    Participant

Dear Mara,

Dear Bradly,

Is this a kind of personal intellectual exercise you speculate about for yourself? Mara

Even truth, beauty, and goodness — man’s intellectual approach to the universe of mind, matter, and spirit — must be combined into one unified concept of a divine and supreme ideal. 56:10.15 (56:10.11,56:0.1)

Yes, all my/ours exercises,speculations is/are intellectuals and always personal. Can’t be otherwise.

I did post this subject to interpellate all of you… I need a brainstorming with my family … my standpoint need to be nurtured, experienced and evolve.

My UB reader friends pointed out that subject as you expressed Bradly but it wasn’t explicit as you develop it. I forgot to consider the ”false sympathy factor” emotional,immature humans perspectives. And you redirect as quoted upper … — must be combined into one unified concept of a divine and supreme ideal. A Divine’s perspective.

Be ready Bradly,for mansion world… when somebody will tap on your shoulder and greet you remembered this. You just have to turn and respond ”André”.

Thanks you

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

I look forward to that friend Andre!!

;-)

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

(Aren’t these Urantia rebels and disloyal midwayers still around?) .

Greetings Sister…..no, not according to my understanding of the Papers.  All rebels but one were taken off throughout Nebadon and interned….save one, Caligastia….or perhaps two (haven’t been able to specifically identify Daligastia’s whereabouts).  Only loyal midwayers and angels and other celestials, students, etc. remain “at large” – hahahaha…. since Pentacost.

Almost all mortal suffering is by our individual and group choices….usually due to fear based choices and self serving ones.  It is the lack of reality alignment that leads so many astray….but not by any rebel influence…..or not lately anyway.

:-)

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

“IF” it was possible, giving or trade your life for your “enemies”, your spiritual status life… Would you be interested? (“enemies” implied Adolf Hitler, Caligastia, Lucifer … name it.) I know what I would do… Do you?

Andre, I don’t think it is possible to trade one’s spiritual status for someone else’s life.   The only way to loose your spiritual status is to wholeheartedly embrace sin.  I ask, how does embracing sin save your enemy’s life?  It saves no one.  Self-destruction benefits no one.
    Anonymous
    Inactive

(1096.2) 100:2.5 Actual spiritual status is the measure of Deity attainment, Adjuster attunement. The achievement of finality of spirituality is equivalent to the attainment of the maximum of reality, the maximum of Godlikeness. Eternal life is the endless quest for infinite values.

(2091.11) 196:2.2 Jesus’ life in the flesh portrays a transcendent religious growth from the early ideas of primitive awe and human reverence up through years of personal spiritual communion until he finally arrived at that advanced and exalted status of the consciousness of his oneness with the Father. And thus, in one short life, did Jesus traverse that experience of religious spiritual progression which man begins on earth and ordinarily achieves only at the conclusion of his long sojourn in the spirit training schools of the successive levels of the pre-Paradise career. Jesus progressed from a purely human consciousness of the faith certainties of personal religious experience to the sublime spiritual heights of the positive realization of his divine nature and to the consciousness of his close association with the Universal Father in the management of a universe. He progressed from the humble status of mortal dependence which prompted him spontaneously to say to the one who called him Good Teacher, “Why do you call me good? None is good but God,” to that sublime consciousness of achieved divinity which led him to exclaim, “Which one of you convicts me of sin?” And this progressing ascent from the human to the divine was an exclusively mortal achievement. And when he had thus attained divinity, he was still the same human Jesus, the Son of Man as well as the Son of God.

Mara
    Mara
    Participant
    Yes, all my/ours exercises,speculations is/are intellectuals and always personal. Can’t be otherwise.

I did post this subject to interpellate all of you… I need a brainstorming with my family … my standpoint need to be nurtured, experienced and evolve.

Thanks andre.  Your point is well taken.  I try to imagine myself “giving or trade your [my] life for your “enemies”, your spiritual status life…”, but I kept getting an ERROR signal in my brain.  A day later (today) I am now thinking that my “spiritual status life” is my soul.  It’s my morontia soul.

André
    André
    Participant

[URL=http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=4315911128281HeartMascotOverPapersOnOrangePosterArtPrint.jpg][IMG]http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/4315911128281HeartMascotOverPapersOnOrangePosterArtPrint.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

<!DOCTYPE html>
    <html>
    <body style=”background-image:[URL=http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=4315911128281HeartMascotOverPapersOnOrangePosterArtPrint.jpg][IMG]http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/4315911128281HeartMascotOverPapersOnOrangePosterArtPrint.jpg[/IMG][/URL]”>

Hello world!

Visit W3Schools.com!

The background attribute is not supported HTML5. Use CSS instead.

</body>
    </html>

André
    André
    Participant

didn’t know how to delete a post?

Mara
    Mara
    Participant

. . .  to delete a post?

Hahaha.  :-)

But, if one’s mind does not serve one well, one can always exchange it for the mind of Jesus.

48:6:26  Even on Urantia, these seraphim teach the everlasting truth: If your own mind does not serve you well, you can exchange it for the mind of Jesus of Nazareth, who always serves you well.
    André
    André
    Participant

Dear Mara,

…. deleting a post was referring when began edit a post and change my mind … I do not how to do it?

… concerning exchanging mind for Michael’s one , been a while done.

Mara
    Mara
    Participant

I do not how to do it?

The solution is partial deletion.  If I don’t like what I wrote I click on EDIT.  When that page appears, I erase everything, except one character or symbol, such as a full-stop.  Then you click on SUBMIT.  But you have to EDIT your post by the next day after you wrote it.  If you wait too long (several days) it won’t work.  Hope this helps.

André
    André
    Participant

Merci Mara :)

André
    André
    Participant

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 60 total)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.