Has mortal technology caught up with that of the celestial gods'?

Home Forums Urantia Book General Discussions Has mortal technology caught up with that of the celestial gods'?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Brooklyn_born
    Brooklyn_born
    Participant

Are three parent babies comparable in nature to triune origin deities?

http://www.bbc.com/news/health-31069173

BB

Keryn
    Participant

Oh, judging by the thread title, I thought this thread was going to be about artificial intelligence and the looming prospect of The Singularity.

Brooklyn_born
    Brooklyn_born
    Participant

Oh, judging by the thread title, I thought this thread was going to be about artificial intelligence and the looming prospect of The Singularity.

Perhaps I should re-title? What would you suggest?

BB

Keryn
    Participant

That was my mistake, not yours.  You don’t need to change it.

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

Are three parent babies comparable in nature to triune origin deities?

Not really I don’t think BB since only genetics are blended in babies while triune origin beings are given the essence of their “being” in very different and far more replete ways of character, wisdom, power, and potential that are not genetic in origin.  I don’t think it matters in humans if it’s two, three, or a dozen sources of DNA in a baby that will ultimately determine outcomes of the “self” so procreated.  Triune origin beings are not birthed but created  in completion for immediate service.  But that’s just a layman’s opinion.

Brooklyn_born
    Brooklyn_born
    Participant

Are three parent babies comparable in nature to triune origin deities? Not really I don’t think BB since only genetics are blended in babies while triune origin beings are given the essence of their “being” in very different and far more replete ways of character, wisdom, power, and potential that are not genetic in origin. I don’t think it matters in humans if it’s two, three, or a dozen sources of DNA in a baby that will ultimately determine outcomes of the “self” so procreated. Triune origin beings are not birthed but created in completion for immediate service. But that’s just a layman’s opinion.

Bradly do you recall where TUB speaks on two human parent relationship analogous to the archetype pattern (duality) of the local universe, or something to that effect? I vaguely recall a passage briefly touching on it.

BB

nelsong
    Participant

From England? A liberalized country that is occupied by Islam, loosing their heritage?

Three sources of sperm for a child

kind of releases sex for exclusive self gratification

leaves little family structure

Don’t feel right to me

emanny3003
    Blocked

But that’s just a layman’s opinion.

I agree with you bradly and your humility is evident.

kind of releases sex for exclusive self gratification

That is what birth control does also, but for those that do not want to conceive.

nelsong
    Participant

Well let’s pray they are thinking with the right head.

emanny3003
    Blocked

Well let’s pray they are thinking with the right head.

Amen!

Keryn
    Participant

That is what birth control does also, but for those that do not want to conceive.

Kind of off topic, but some forms of birth control also prevent sexually transmitted diseases; other forms are beneficial for women’s health in cases of endometriosis and other conditions.  (Also, I can’t speak for you or Nelson, but in my case, it is not only *self* gratification, but mutual gratification and expression of love and affection.)

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

If you want to know the difference between triune-origin beings and dual-origin beings, read Paper 30 Section 1

Mara
    Mara
    Participant
    Keryn wrote:  Oh, judging by the thread title, I thought this thread was going to be about artificial intelligence and the looming prospect of The Singularity.
    I thought this thread was going to be about comparing human technology with celestial technology.  In my opinion they cannot be compared. We have no idea of the technologies  of, as you put it BB, the “celestial gods”  – whoever “they” are.  We have no idea.  We do know that there are life planning laboratories.  36:2:15  Life Carriers work constantly in an effort to improve the vital formulas committed to their keeping.  Paper 36 is helpful I think.  The evolution of a human race, once initiated on a world of space, must proceed.
    36:2:17   Sphere Number Four and its tributary satellites are devoted to the study of the evolution of creature life in general and to the evolutionary antecedents of any one life level in particular. The original life plasm of an evolutionary world must contain the full potential for all future developmental variations and for all subsequent evolutionary changes and modifications. The provision for such far-reaching projects of life metamorphosis may require the appearance of many apparently useless forms of animal and vegetable life. Such by-products of planetary evolution, foreseen or unforeseen, appear upon the stage of action only to disappear, but in and through all this long process there runs the thread of the wise and intelligent formulations of the original designers of the planetary life plan and species scheme. The manifold by-products of biologic evolution are all essential to the final and full function of the higher intelligent forms of life, notwithstanding that great outward disharmony may prevail from time to time in the long upward struggle of the higher creatures to effect the mastery of the lower forms of life, many of which are sometimes so antagonistic to the peace and comfort of the evolving will creatures.
    Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

We have no idea.

Agreed, but we do know one thing.  Every creature in time and space is of dual origin.  All of time and space is of dual origin.

Brooklyn_born
    Brooklyn_born
    Participant
    Keryn wrote: Oh, judging by the thread title, I thought this thread was going to be about artificial intelligence and the looming prospect of The Singularity.
    I thought this thread was going to be about comparing human technology with celestial technology. In my opinion they cannot be compared. We have no idea of the technologies of, as you put it BB, the “celestial gods” – whoever “they” are. We have no idea. We do know that there are life planning laboratories. 36:2:15 Life Carriers work constantly in an effort to improve the vital formulas committed to their keeping. Paper 36 is helpful I think. The evolution of a human race, once initiated on a world of space, must proceed.
    36:2:17 Sphere Number Four and its tributary satellites are devoted to the study of the evolution of creature life in general and to the evolutionary antecedents of any one life level in particular. The original life plasm of an evolutionary world must contain the full potential for all future developmental variations and for all subsequent evolutionary changes and modifications. The provision for such far-reaching projects of life metamorphosis may require the appearance of many apparently useless forms of animal and vegetable life. Such by-products of planetary evolution, foreseen or unforeseen, appear upon the stage of action only to disappear, but in and through all this long process there runs the thread of the wise and intelligent formulations of the original designers of the planetary life plan and species scheme. The manifold by-products of biologic evolution are all essential to the final and full function of the higher intelligent forms of life, notwithstanding that great outward disharmony may prevail from time to time in the long upward struggle of the higher creatures to effect the mastery of the lower forms of life, many of which are sometimes so antagonistic to the peace and comfort of the evolving will creatures.
    There is a place in TUB that tells us of archetypal patterns all creation follows. This may be one example (triunity/trinity).

BB

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.