To appreciate destiny, origin matters

Home Forums Urantia Book General Discussions To appreciate destiny, origin matters

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 54 total)
  • Author
    Vern
    Vern
    Participant
    Vern wrote:   …terms “animal” and “origin” yield 35 results, we’ve looked at eighteen, leaving 16 to check out…
    Here’s No. 16 which deals with the necessity of the mansion worlds as a ongoing transition “Morontia Life” experience after death terminates the initial “animal-origin” mortal life.

THE Gods cannot — at least they do not — transform a creature of gross animal nature into a perfected spirit by some mysterious act of creative magic. When the Creators desire to produce perfect beings, they do so by direct and original creation, but they never undertake to convert animal-origin and material creatures into beings of perfection in a single step. [Paper 48:0.1, page 541:1]

With our current gross animal nature we are far removed from an immortal and perfected spirit as is our destiny. The morontia life is the only possible approach whereby material mortals could attain the threshold of the spirit world. The erroneous ideas of some miraculous transformation into a perfected state on arrival in heaven are in urgent need of correction. Death gives nothing to the surviving “animal-origin” mortal other than the experience of having survived it.

The morontia life, extending as it does over the various stages of the local universe career, is the only possible approach whereby material mortals could attain the threshold of the spirit world. What magic could death, the natural dissolution of the material body, hold that such a simple step should instantly transform the mortal and material mind into an immortal and perfected spirit? Such beliefs are but ignorant superstitions and pleasing fables. [Paper 48:0.2, page 541:2]

Sabinatu
    Blocked

@Vern, since you got into animal origins and destiny, just a reminder of current classifications – btw, one of my favorite TUB word searches is the word “normal”:

113:1.2 (1241.4) Originally, the seraphim were definitely assigned to the separate Urantia races. But since the bestowal of Michael, they are assigned in accordance with human intelligence, spirituality, and destiny. Intellectually, mankind is divided into three classes:

113:1.3 (1241.5) 1. The subnormal minded — those who do not exercise normal will power; those who do not make average decisions. This class embraces those who cannot comprehend God; they lack capacity for the intelligent worship of Deity. The subnormal beings of Urantia have a corps of seraphim, one company, with one battalion of cherubim, assigned to minister to them and to witness that justice and mercy are extended to them in the life struggles of the sphere.

113:1.4 (1241.6) 2. The average, normal type of human mind. From the standpoint of seraphic ministry, most men and women are grouped in seven classes in accordance with their status in making the circles of human progress and spiritual development.

113:1.5 (1241.7) 3. The supernormal minded — those of great decision and undoubted potential of spiritual achievement; men and women who enjoy more or less contact with their indwelling Adjusters; members of the various reserve corps of destiny. No matter in what circle a human happens to be, if such an individual becomes enrolled in any of the several reserve corps of destiny, right then and there, personal seraphim are assigned, and from that time until the earthly career is finished, that mortal will enjoy the continuous ministry and unceasing watchcare of a guardian angel. Also, when any human being makes the supreme decision, when there is a real betrothal with the Adjuster, a personal guardian is immediately assigned to that soul.

Vern
    Vern
    Participant
    Sabinatu wrote:   The average, normal type of human mind. From the standpoint of seraphic ministry, most men and women are grouped in seven classes in accordance with their status in making the circles of human progress and spiritual development.
    Hello Sabinatu  thanks for adding your voice to this topic. Yes, when saying spirit has been poured our we must remember the capacity of making freewill choices of each person varies. The average, normal person is the backbone of society.
    Vern
    Vern
    Participant
    Vern wrote: …terms “animal” and “origin” yield 35 results, we’ve looked at nineteen, leaving 15 to check out…
    Here’s No. 15 which deals with “Terrestrial Escape” ways of getting off the planet and on with the ascension career. The first, relates to the sleeping survivors who need to await a dispensation before proceeding, their souls are held in sacred trust till then by personal or group guardian seraphim. Even Moses could not proceed till the Bestowal mission of Michael had been completed and enabled the third of the planetary roll calls or complete dispensational resurrections.

All of the differing physical types and planetary series of mortals alike enjoy the ministry of Thought Adjusters, guardian angels, and the various orders of the messenger hosts of the Infinite Spirit. All alike are liberated from the bonds of flesh by the emancipation of natural death, and all alike go thence to the morontia worlds of spiritual evolution and mind progress. [Paper49:6.1, page 568:4]

Interesting how after terrestrial escape the next life experience is described in terms of …spiritual evolution and mind progress.

From time to time, on motion of the planetary authorities or the system rulers, special resurrections of the sleeping survivors are conducted. Such resurrections occur at least every millennium of planetary time, when not all but “many of those who sleep in the dust awake.” These special resurrections are the occasion for mobilizing special groups of ascenders for specific service in the local universe plan of mortal ascension. There are both practical reasons and sentimental associations connected with these special resurrections. [Paper49:6.2, page 568:5]

I’m thinking the sentimental reasons of the third dispensation are related to the significance of Michael’s seventh and final bestowal giving him sovereignty of Nebadon and status of Supremacy along with the termination of The Lucifer Rebellion.

1. Mortals of the dispensational or group order of survival. With the arrival of the first Adjuster on an inhabited world the guardian seraphim also make their appearance; they are indispensable to terrestrial escape. Throughout the life-lapse period of the sleeping survivors the spiritual values and eternal realities of their newly evolved and immortal souls are held as a sacred trust by the personal or by the group guardian seraphim. [Paper49:6.4, page 568:7]

With each seraphim of a repersonalized mortal there functions their returning Adjuster. While the mortal was sleeping, the waiting Adjuster served on Divinigton, never indwelling another mortal mind in the interim.

The group guardians of assignment to the sleeping survivors always function with the judgment Sons on their world advents. “He shall send his angels, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds.” With each seraphim of assignment to the repersonalization of a sleeping mortal there functions the returned Adjuster, the same immortal Father fragment that lived in him during the days in the flesh, and thus is identity restored and personality resurrected. During the sleep of their subjects these waiting Adjusters serve on Divinington; they never indwell another mortal mind in this interim. [Paper49:6.5, page 569:0]

The older an inhabited world, the more highly developed and spiritual, the humans, who are virtually exempt from the morontia life as characterize the earlier ages of “animal-origin” races.

While the older worlds of mortal existence harbor those highly developed and exquisitely spiritual types of human beings who are virtually exempt from the morontia life, the earlier ages of the animal-origin races are characterized by primitive mortals who are so immature that fusion with their Adjusters is impossible. The reawakening of these mortals is accomplished by the guardian seraphim in conjunction with an individualized portion of the immortal spirit of the Third Source and Center. [Paper49:6.6, page 569:1]

Vern
    Vern
    Participant
    Vern wrote:  …terms “animal” and “origin” yield 35 results, we’ve looked at twenty, leaving 14 to check out…
    Here’s No. 14 which deals with the origin of the vegetarian diet amongst the descendants of Post-Adamic races.

Primitive man is for the most part carnivorous; the Material Sons and Daughters do not eat meat, but their offspring within a few generations usually gravitate to the omnivorous level, although whole groups of their descendants sometimes remain nonflesh eaters. This double origin of the post-Adamic races explains how such blended human stocks exhibit anatomic vestiges belonging to both the herbivorous and carnivorous animal groups. [Paper52:3.8, page 593:7]

Good heath and nutrition are needed to keep the temple of the Father in optimum working order.

Within ten thousand years of racial amalgamation the resultant stocks show varying degrees of anatomic blend, some strains carrying more of the marks of the nonflesh-eating ancestry, others exhibiting more of the distinguishing traits and physical characteristics of their carnivorous evolutionary progenitors. The majority of these world races soon become omnivorous, subsisting upon a wide range of viands from both the animal and vegetable kingdoms. [Paper52:3.9, page 593:8]

Jesus taught it matters not so much what enters the mouth as what comes out of it.

…He said: “But hearken to me, all of you. It is not that which enters into the mouth that spiritually defiles the man, but rather that which proceeds out of the mouth and from the heart.”  [Paper  153:3.5, page 1712:5]

It is most important to keep the animal-origin tabernacle in good working order to allow the indwelling Thought Adjuster maximum expression in the mind without distortion of clear thinking as the result of ingested pollutants. Then there are the mental poisons of which Jesus spoke, which interfere with soul growth.

…But how unkind knowingly to defile or otherwise deliberately to pollute the physical body, which must serve as the earthly tabernacle of this marvelous gift from God. All physical poisons greatly retard the efforts of the Adjuster to exalt the material mind, while the mental poisons of fear, anger, envy, jealousy, suspicion, and intolerance likewise tremendously interfere with the spiritual progress of the evolving soul. [Paper  110:1.5, page 1204:3]

Sabinatu
    Blocked

…But how unkind knowingly to defile or otherwise deliberately to pollute the physical body, which must serve as the earthly tabernacle of this marvelous gift from God. All physical poisons greatly retard the efforts of the Adjuster to exalt the material mind, while the mental poisons of fear, anger, envy, jealousy, suspicion, and intolerance likewise tremendously interfere with the spiritual progress of the evolving soul. [Paper  110:1.5, page 1204:3]

I do not believe that the INDIVIDUAL has enough power of “choice” left to matter, do you?

This parade of “non-choices” is never ending:

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/2015/08/11/toxic-mines-taint-wests-waterways/31489965/

Anonymous
    Inactive

It is most important to keep the animal-origin tabernacle in good working order to allow the indwelling Thought Adjuster maximum expression in the mind without distortion of clear thinking as the result of ingested pollutants. Then there are the mental poisons of which Jesus spoke, which interfere with soul growth.

…But how unkind knowingly to defile or otherwise deliberately to pollute the physical body, which must serve as the earthly tabernacle of this marvelous gift from God. All physical poisons greatly retard the efforts of the Adjuster to exalt the material mind, while the mental poisons of fear, anger, envy, jealousy, suspicion, and intolerance likewise tremendously interfere with the spiritual progress of the evolving soul. [Paper 110:1.5, page 1204:3]

I can understand the narration above where “mental poisons” is used, however, if one would consider that the “physical poisons” would also reference things like alcohol, such as wine, drugs, etc., where Jesus did imbibe in a drink or two, in his time, however it is not really indicated if he ever got drunk, although He was accused of being a drunkard but, there is a reference from the last supper, where He did indicate that He would not again partake in drink (wine), until He was once again together with the disciples, where shortly thereafter He went to the cross.  This might indicate that He did enjoy a cup or two of wine, which would make the statement above, where it used “physical poisons” which might, or should have been referenced with the words “in moderation”, and then there are those “physical poisons” which many must take in order to overcome death or illness just to survive from day to day.  So, one might indicate that the aforementioned UB quote might be a little harsh, and would require a little more definition.  Therefore, what was the real purpose that this narration was written for, in this precise manor?  One might think that the author was a Baptist?

But then there is the sentence which was left out, from the beginning of the UB quote above, which would add to the overall  meaning of this narration, “The Adjuster remains with you in all disaster and through every sickness which does not wholly destroy the mentality.” … but was there a purpose in leaving it out?  It might also indicate that if one mentality was wholly destroyed, the Adjuster cannot function without form of normal mentality?

Vern
    Vern
    Participant
    Sabinatu wrote:  …parade of “non-choices”
    Hi Sabinatu, environmental pollution you point to, is a different category to the activity of an individual person’s inner life involving the Thought Adjuster.
    Tackling the “legacy of pollution” left by mining is an important social issue I agree. Those alive today and those generations to come, must share the consequences of unwise actions of previous generations in the knowledge that mistakes of the past are learning experiences sufficient to teach what not to repeat.
    The notion that it’s worth leaving a place in as good a condition or better condition than you found it, takes a while to register.
    Adam and Eve were gardeners.
    Vern
    Vern
    Participant
    MidiChlorian wrote:  “The Adjuster remains with you in all disaster and through every sickness which does not wholly destroy the mentality.” … but was there a purpose in leaving it out?
    Hi Midi, thanks for adding your comment. My reason for leaving the first bit of the quote off was to focus on the fact, “…the body is the temple of God” we should look after it, respect it as such. Regarding your comment referring to Jesus drinking wine, you and I both know how balanced and moderate he was in all things, I hardly think he would have drunk wine in sufficient quantity to adversely affect his Thought Adjuster. Give some credit to the bodies natural metabolic processes. I’m in fact quite amazed that the body is so forgiving when I think of the junk people are putting into it these days.
    Knowing that The Adjuster remains to experience with us every disaster and sickness that does not wholly destroy the mentality is a comfort. I’m reminded of a recent Leonard Cohen song:
    “I fought against the bottle but I had to do it drunk
    Took my diamond to the pawnshop but that don’t make it junk
    I know that I’m forgiven but I don’t know how I know
    I don’t trust my inner feelings, inner feelings come and go.”

Anonymous
    Inactive

Give some credit to the bodies natural metabolic processes.

I do Vern, where I’ve never been drunk, in that I’m allergic to beer, must have something to due with the yeast, and I don’t like the taste of alcohol, and I can only tolerate a couple of ounces of wine but after a mouthful it starts to have an effect on me by making me feel the neurons firing in my brain.  So, it would seem that my metabolic process doesn’t work like others, although if my sensitivity to spirits, is so intolerant, I cannot imagine what others get out of tying one on, why would someone want to be out of control?

Vern
    Vern
    Participant
    Vern wrote: …terms “animal” and “origin” yield 35 results, we’ve looked at twenty one, leaving 13 to check out…
    Here’s No. 13 which goes back 30 million years, to the appearance of our mammalian animal ancestors.

Various groups of mammals had their origin in a uniqueanimalnow extinct. This carnivorous creature was something of a cross between a cat and a seal; it could live on land or in water and was highly intelligent and very active. In Europe the ancestor of the canine family evolved, soon giving rise to many species of small dogs. About the same time the gnawing rodents, including beavers, squirrels, gophers, mice, and rabbits, appeared and soon became a notable form of life, very little change having since occurred in this family. The later deposits of this period contain the fossil remains of dogs, cats, coons, and weasels in ancestral form. [Paper 61:2.7, page 695:5]

Interesting to note, man’s best friend, the dog, sprang from this mammal. Elsewhere in The Urantia Book the dog gets more credits as an able assistant in man’s social evolution. So does the horse in particular and domestic animals in general.

30,000,000 years ago the modern types of mammals began to make their appearance. Formerly the mammals had lived for the greater part in the hills, being of the mountainous types; suddenly there began the evolution of the plains or hoofed type, the grazing species, as differentiated from the clawed flesh eaters. These grazers sprang from an undifferentiated ancestor having five toes and forty-four teeth, which perished before the end of the age. Toe evolution did not progress beyond the three-toed stage throughout this period. [Paper 61:2.8, page 695:6]

Evolution is slow but sure, it took another 29 million years with the Life Carriers fostering the most advantageous strains as the various manifestations resulting from their experimentation with the standard life patterns, made their appearance, till the birth of the twins, Andon and Fonta the first humans. At which time, Urantia 606 of Satania was registered as an inhabited world.

Vern
    Vern
    Participant
    Vern wrote:  …terms “animal” and “origin” yield 35 results, we’ve looked at twenty two, leaving 12 to check out…
    Here’s No. 12 which deals with sacrificial ceremonies as the origin of worship.

Very early the Andonic peoples formed the habit of refraining from eating the flesh of the animal of tribal veneration. Presently, in order more suitably to impress the minds of their youths, they evolved a ceremony of reverence which was carried out about the body of one of these venerated animals; and still later on, this primitive performance developed into the more elaborate sacrificial ceremonies of their descendants. And this is the origin of sacrifices as a part of worship. This idea was elaborated by Moses in the Hebrew ritual and was preserved, in principle, by the Apostle Paul as the doctrine of atonement for sin by “the shedding of blood.” [Paper63:6.4, page 716:3]

Sad that Christianity is still blighted with this primitive notion, which holds today’s believers in its regressive grip of “original sin,” thereby denying the saving message of sonship with God, the birthright of every normal mortal. Sin, being individual choice, cannot be inherited. Then on top of this already wrong notion, to impose the shedding of innocent sacrificial blood, makes it an even grosser error.

Survival was a life and death struggle in ancient times. immediate need to have food took precedence and as such, was the subject of prayer. Food was life.

That food was the all-important thing in the lives of these primitive human beings is shown by the prayer taught these simple folks by Onagar, their great teacher. And this prayer was: [Paper 63:6.5, page 716:4]

“O Breath of Life, give us this day our daily food, deliver us from the curse of the ice, save us from our forest enemies, and with mercy receive us into the Great Beyond.” [Paper 63:6.6, page 716:5]

Sabinatu
    Blocked

@Vern – Hi Midi, thanks for adding your comment. My reason for leaving the first bit of the quote off was to focus on the fact, “…the body is the temple of God” we should look after it, respect it as such.

And my point was that we have far less CHOICE as to what gets into the temple these days, don’t we?  Or at least, that is what maybe my TA wanted to share with your TA? For you and other TUB “teachers” to stop dropping ALL responsibility for the misdeeds of OTHERS on some innocent individual doing the best they can.  Just the other day, as I got into washing the leaves in the middle of the “organic” red leaf lettuce, I found a human doodie lodged in there…guess the lack of enough portapotties in the fields for the pickers is still an issue? Or maybe just a case of being on the surprise! side of a mental poison ….over-population does not bring out the best in humanity, so whoever wants to convince people that they DESERVE to rule the world in “his name” – be it God the Father or the self-proclaimed God of Urantia – they first have to explain why all they seem to be able to do is turn people into slave labor and then kill them when the labor is done – a slow painful untimely death by pollution you did not know you were ingesting “in his name” (what is torture when greed is good?), or the more merciful “choice” of letting a chip be planed in your skull that directs the nuke to your location as “ground zero”.  There are very bad people around and they certainly gravitate towards shaman careers…

Just don’t use quotes from TUB to “rule”, not that that is what you were doing…after all we have all made the mistake of trying to understand the FER by jumping around it instead of reading it from beginning to end like a normal book reading is done :-).  Appreciate the passages about species  that came and went as a normal part of evolution leading up to “human”.

I am not quite ready to play Life Carrier, though, mixing a monkey with a dog and a touch of kitty in the gene splicing lab, but there seems to be a whole lot of others believing their “TA” is encouraging them to help humanity that way – experimenting with the life force outside of the “rules” of the Life Carriers.

See?  Really important to know God the Father as Jesus perfectly revealed Him to us here on Urantia. Remember, Urantia was picked by Jesus (AKA Michael of Nebadon) because it provided the MAXIMUM contrast between the right way (God’s Will) and the wrong way, which is the only thing that most of humanity knew as “right” from the imperfect three previous epochal revelations.

How grateful to be here and now in a more level playing field!

Vern
    Vern
    Participant
    Sabinatu wrote:  …normal part of evolution…
    Hi Sabinatu, yes evolution is the sure method to achieve results, curiosity is meant to work in tandem with truth hunger to solve the mysteries of life like the human genome sequence in an sincere quest to prevent some of the hereditary defects that afflict people.
    The challenge is to get our values established along ethical principles, there is sufficient contrast in society for people to make value based choices. Wisdom in creative endeavour requires integration of things , meanings and values. At present there is undue emphasis on things sensory and material, I’m of the view a corrective reassessment in the inner supermaterial spheres of human experience is in process.

Meanings are derived from a combination of recognition and understanding. Meanings are nonexistent in a wholly sensory or material world. Meanings and values are only perceived in the inner or supermaterial spheres of human experience. [Paper111:4.2, page 1220:1]

Only the inner life is truly creative.

The advances of true civilization are all born in this inner world of mankind. It is only the inner life that is truly creative. Civilization can hardly progress when the majority of the youth of any generation devote their interests and energies to the materialistic pursuits of the sensory or outer world. [Paper111:4.3, page 1220:2]

The Life Carriers have done their work, and stepped aside, it is up to the bright minds among us to take an active interest in ethically based eugenics for the betterment of mankind.

The inner and the outer worlds have a different set of values. Any civilization is in jeopardy when three quarters of its youth enter materialistic professions and devote themselves to the pursuit of the sensory activities of the outer world. Civilization is in danger when youth neglect to interest themselves in ethics, sociology, eugenics, philosophy, the fine arts, religion, and cosmology. [Paper111:4.4, page 1220:3]

The superconscious mind is an accessible resource to tap to find effective master patterns to progress civilization. Personality is inherently creative.

Only in the higher levels of the superconscious mind as it impinges upon the spirit realm of human experience can you find those higher concepts in association with effective master patterns which will contribute to the building of a better and more enduring civilization. Personality is inherently creative, but it thus functions only in the inner life of the individual. [Paper 111:4.5, page 1220:4]

Vern
    Vern
    Participant
    Vern wrote:  …terms “animal” and “origin” yield 35 results, we’ve looked at twenty three, leaving 11 to check out…
    Here’s No. 11 which cautions humanity regarding the folly of allowing the superior freely to procreate with the inferior.

950,000 years ago the descendants of Andon and Fonta had migrated far to the east and to the west. To the west they passed over Europe to France and England. In later times they penetrated eastward as far as Java, where their bones were so recently found — the so-called Java man — and then journeyed on to Tasmania. [Paper64:1.6, page 719:1]

The significance of good breeding is well understood by veterinarians, the same principles which produce exceptional racehorses would also work positively to enhance humans. This is well understood and applied in the development of Olympic athletes by National Sports Institutes all over the world.

The groups going west became less contaminated with the backward stocks of mutual ancestral origin than those going east, who mingled so freely with their retarded animal cousins. These unprogressive individuals drifted southward and presently mated with the inferior tribes. Later on, increasing numbers of their mongrel descendants returned to the north to mate with the rapidly expanding Andonic peoples, and such unfortunate unions unfailingly deteriorated the superior stock. Fewer and fewer of the primitive settlements maintained the worship of the Breath Giver. This early dawn civilization was threatened with extinction. [Paper64:1.7, page 719:2]

It is my view one of the reasons permission was granted to include the paper “Government on a Neighbouring Planet” was to emphasis the benefits of population regulation along lines of biologic, and mental fitness—eugenics.

And thus it has ever been on Urantia. Civilizations of great promise have successively deteriorated and have finally been extinguished by the folly of allowing the superior freely to procreate with the inferior. [Paper64:1.8, page 719:3]

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 54 total)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.