Are Urantians ready now, morally and socially, to implement …

Home Forums Urantia Book General Discussions Are Urantians ready now, morally and socially, to implement …

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    emanny3003
    Blocked

This statement I cannot argue against. We can try to lay blame here and there but, ultimately, in the greater scheme of things, it’s a game called survival of the fittest.

Hi BB, If I were pressed to place blame someone or something I would blame “corruption”. The fittest are the corrupt leaders with power that beg for aid from the west and keep it all for themselves. This is oppression at the point of a gun. The populace has not a chance. The people have traded one master for another. It is a disaster.

Brooklyn_born
    Brooklyn_born
    Participant

This statement I cannot argue against. We can try to lay blame here and there but, ultimately, in the greater scheme of things, it’s a game called survival of the fittest.

Hi BB, If I were pressed to place blame someone or something I would blame “corruption”. The fittest are the corrupt leaders with power that beg for aid from the west and keep it all for themselves. This is oppression at the point of a gun. The populace has not a chance. The people have traded one master for another. It is a disaster.

Very true.

BB

Keryn
    Participant

I was just reading a very interesting history of eugenics and a rather positive perspective on what can be done.  I had never thought of the concept of ‘negative eugenics’ and ‘positive eugenics’ but it is interesting to ponder the difference between limiting the power of procreation vs. increasing the quality of the gene pool via strategic and scientific selection.

http://www.damninteresting.com/eugenics-and-you/

EXCERPT:

“Historian Daniel Kevles from Yale University suggests that eugenics is akin to the conservation of natural resources; both can be practiced horribly so as to abuse individual rights, but both can be practiced wisely for the betterment of society. There is no doubt that the forced sterilizations in the name of eugenics were an indefensible trespass upon the rights of individuals; but considering the value of programs like Dor Yeshorim, and the potential of ideas such as the Repository for Germinal Choice, one must be careful not to throw out the superbaby with the bathwater.”

nelsong
    Participant

At least some are thinking about it.

i like the simple and very primitive approach highlighted indirectly in TUB in reference to the Andonites when some of them damaged progress of the human race when they mated with inferior primates. What were they thinking? What were the Andonites thinking that did not mate with primates?

the impact on humanity was powerful in both directions.

i worry less about these primitives than Yale professors of the 21st century

emanny3003
    Blocked

I can see it now,”MensaMatch.com”. Only IQs greater than 140 need apply. No pictures allowed, please. Glasses a plus. Instructions on the sexual mechanics provided free of charge. Social skills optional.

HaHa

nelsong
    Participant

:-) :-) :-) :-) :-) Lol

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.