Are Urantians ready now, morally and socially, to implement …

Home Forums Urantia Book General Discussions Are Urantians ready now, morally and socially, to implement …

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Brooklyn_born
    Brooklyn_born
    Participant

… biologic renovation of descendants of the original Urantia races?

It looks like we are  going to implement designer breeding of humans full steam ahead. What say you? Are we ready?

http://www.bbc.com/news/health-30742774

BB

nelsong
    Participant

You mean practicing eugenics.

some individuals are ready but as for our politically driven/funded scientific community I say no and it scares me.

if our governments do not impress me as having the fortitude and wholehearted desire to improve our country then improving the human race and/or racial strains throws up all red flags for me.

But it is happening none the less.

Eugenics is a tool that we can use to improve human race but I just don’t see the wisdom out there that would be so necessary for such a thing.

Brooklyn_born
    Brooklyn_born
    Participant

You mean practicing eugenics. some individuals are ready but as for our politically driven/funded scientific community I say no and it scares me. if our governments do not impress me as having the fortitude and wholehearted desire to improve our country then improving the human race and/or racial strains throws up all red flags for me. But it is happening none the less. Eugenics is a tool that we can use to improve human race but I just don’t see the wisdom out there that would be so necessary for such a thing.

Yes, “eugenics.” I had intended to use the word but decided not because of the negative baggage it carries. It is weird that we are trying to implement some of the default programs set forth by the seeders of this planet while in spiritual quarantine. It probably would prove disastrous with all the lingering effects of the rebellion on our planet.

BB

nelsong
    Participant

Negative baggage only means it was tried and demonized by those who were offended by the idea. We hear much about that but little about real results.

I agree about your quarantine  reservations but on an individual level very simple things can be done like just not producing children if you have known genetic disorder.

Equal to quarantine disadvantage is the notion of politicians getting involved.

When urantians get real concerned about improving the human race eugenics will happen

Richard E Warren
    Richard E Warren
    Participant

More likely gene therapy will emerge first, eugenics is a dead subject and method. People, thru education, will soon begin to realize that we can, if we only will, begin eliminating the diseased genes we all carry and transmit to our babies (3500 of them!). Shouldn’t it be a basic human right to start life with a good set of genes? What could be more compassionate??

Richard E Warren

emanny3003
    Blocked

Well, I agree that eugenics is occurring now and is wide spread. It is called abortion. There is an explosion of prenatal genetic tests that can diagnose gene problems and abortion provides the means to eliminate such people before they are born. The defectives are destroyed in the uterus. This is not gene therapy. We won’t fix it, we will just destroy it. It is easier and legal and the debate on the ethics and morality is over. Eugenics is here and thriving.

Regards, Manny

Brooklyn_born
    Brooklyn_born
    Participant

More likely gene therapy will emerge first, eugenics is a dead subject and method. People, thru education, will soon begin to realize that we can, if we only will, begin eliminating the diseased genes we all carry and transmit to our babies (3500 of them!). Shouldn’t it be a basic human right to start life with a good set of genes? What could be more compassionate??

I agree, it should be a basic human right to start life with good set of genes.

BB

Brooklyn_born
    Brooklyn_born
    Participant

Well, I agree that eugenics is occurring now and is wide spread. It is called abortion. There is an explosion of prenatal genetic tests that can diagnose gene problems and abortion provides the means to eliminate such people before they are born. The defectives are destroyed in the uterus. This is not gene therapy. We won’t fix it, we will just destroy it. It is easier and legal and the debate on the ethics and morality is over. Eugenics is here and thriving. Regards, Manny

This is true indeed.

BB

nelsong
    Participant

So given the wisdom contained in the Urantia revelation, anybody want to propose a eugenic plan of action?

emanny3003
    Blocked

But the plan is already in place and being implemented. Subsidize abortions for the poor and abort defective fetuses. And leave poor countries like those in Africa to self destruct with disease and hunger. Allow warring factions to kill each other. What more is necessary?

Regards, Manny

Brooklyn_born
    Brooklyn_born
    Participant

And leave poor countries like those in Africa to self destruct with disease and hunger. Allow warring factions to kill each other. What more is necessary? Regards, Manny

Ouch! That is a bit harsh and extreme, don’t you think? :-(

BB

emanny3003
    Blocked

I just call it as I see it. Not my plan, just my observations. I make no judgments on the plan, just see the signs of the times.

I do not say that this should be the plan only that this is what I see happening. A conspiracy? Don’t know.

Regards, Manny

Brooklyn_born
    Brooklyn_born
    Participant

I just call it as I see it. Not my plan, just my observations. I make no judgments on the plan, just see the signs of the times. I do not say that this should be the plane only that this is what I see happening. A conspiracy? Don’t know. Regards, Manny

If there was no history of foreign powers meddling in the affairs of third world countries, I would readily agree with you. But sadly the West has had a major hand in giving rise to the socio-political and economic climate we find in these places.  Remember, during the late 19th and early 20th  century Western countries colonized the Middle East and Africa. What you see today in those regions arguably are lingering effects of colonialism; so the West has culpability to some extent. I think we should factor in those variables also before resigning those countries to the forces of  natural selection, IMO.

BB

emanny3003
    Blocked

If there was no history of foreign powers meddling in the affairs of third world countries, I would readily agree with you. But sadly the West has had a major hand in giving rise to the socio-political and economic climate we find in these places.  Remember, during the late 19th and early 20th  century Western countries colonized the Middle East and Africa. What you see today in those regions arguably are lingering effects of colonialism; so the West has culpability to some extent. I think we should factor in those variables also before resigning those countries to the forces of  natural selection, IMO.

It has always been the case that the stronger will take advantage of the weaker. The weaker, being in greater numbers will rebel.

Those that been colonized will eventually be free of their masters but will suffer from the lack of experience in governing. Perhaps the only one that has avoided much of this result is India. Perhaps it was Gandhi’s influence.

The west must resign those countries to their own doing because they want nothing from the west now except aid. They want the fish, not the fishing handbook. This is tragic indeed. You may place blame wherever you wish but it will not change the present reality.

Regards, Manny

Brooklyn_born
    Brooklyn_born
    Participant
     You may place blame wherever you wish but it will not change the present reality. Regards, Manny
    This statement I cannot argue against. We can try to lay blame here and there but, ultimately, in the greater scheme of things, it’s a game called survival of the fittest.

BB

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.