What would Jesus do?

Home Forums Urantia Book General Discussions What would Jesus do?

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Mara
    Mara
    Participant
    Mara wrote:. . . at prayer circle. . . .
    A week has passed.  I have not seen my neighbor.  We pray for her at prayer circle.  I think of my neighbor a lot.  She is in my personal prayers.  The heat and humidity are oppressive and the water is turned off next door.  Today is trash collection day but I’ve never seen a trash bin on the street there.  My prayer circle friends say it is a mental illness.  I don’t know anything about mental illness.  Over the years I’ve known several UB readers who were afflicted with something, but who managed their lives and served the UB community anyway.  My neighbor is a believer.  Maybe over time with the spiritual uplift my neighbor receives, just like me, there will be a softer attitude  to me.  Anger is such a mental poison.  (110:1:5)  Was I angry? Yes, because my environment has become a rat haven.  To me it is a comfort to know that even believers with mental dis-harmonies can be cured.  (47:4:8)
    Last night the security light was activated a number of times.  I thought, coyote, opossum, rat, person? . . I did not hear the sound of the rat trap dragging.  Something got caught in it and dragged it off.  I looked around the property and could not find it this morning.  Seems to be missing.  I baited it with a drop of peanut butter topped with a single sunflower seed.
    Mara
    Mara
    Participant

Thoughts to ponder for our mutual edification.

127:6:12   Jesus is rapidly becoming a man, not just a young man but an adult. He has learned well to bear responsibility. He knows how to carry on in the face of disappointment. He bears up bravely when his plans are thwarted and his purposes temporarily defeated. He has learned how to be fair and just even in the face of injustice. He is learning how to adjust his ideals of spiritual living to the practical demands of earthly existence. He is learning how to plan for the achievement of a higher and distant goal of idealism while he toils earnestly for the attainment of a nearer and immediate goal of necessity. He is steadily acquiring the art of adjusting his aspirations to the commonplace demands of the human occasion. He has very nearly mastered the technique of utilizing the energy of the spiritual drive to turn the mechanism of material achievement. He is slowly learning how to live the heavenly life while he continues on with the earthly existence. More and more he depends upon the ultimate guidance of his heavenly Father while he assumes the fatherly role of guiding and directing the children of his earth family. He is becoming experienced in the skillful wresting of victory from the very jaws of defeat; he is learning how to transform the difficulties of time into the triumphs of eternity.
    Andy
    Andy
    Participant

This is great, Mara. I want to do likewise.

The eternal God is our refuge.
    He is a faithful Creator.

Mara
    Mara
    Participant
    Andy wrote:  I want to do likewise.
    Me too, Andy.
    Last night I viewed the harvest moon and lunar eclipse from my street and encountered my neighbor.  We spoke together for an hour or so while together we watched the moon and sky.  Mostly I listened while my neighbor talked.  My neighbor confided in me about recent and personal difficulties of such a nature as to need the assistance of law enforcement.  What happened in short is that my neighbor befriended a person who perpetrated a fraud.  The essence of the situation concerns loss of money, but more personally the betrayal of trust in a friendship that went out into the weeds of criminality.  This just happened over the weekend and my neighbor is stricken with disbelief and emotional upset in trying to come to terms with the fraud that was perpetrated.  I call it elder abuse.  My neighbor is trying to figure out what went wrong, as though he/she could have prevented it in the first place.
    67:1:3  And of all forms of evil, none are more destructive of personality status than betrayal of trust and disloyalty to one’s confiding friends.
    138:8:9  The disciples early learned that the Master had a profound respect and sympathetic regard for every human being he met, and they were tremendously impressed by this uniform and unvarying consideration which he so consistently gave to all sorts of men, women, and children. He would pause in the midst of a profound discourse that he might go out in the road to speak good cheer to a passing woman laden with her burden of body and soul. He would interrupt a serious conference with his apostles to fraternize with an intruding child. Nothing ever seemed so important to Jesus as the individual human who chanced to be in his immediate presence. He was master and teacher, but he was more — he was also a friend and neighbor, an understanding comrade.
Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.