What does "sealed" mean?

Home Forums Urantia Book General Discussions What does "sealed" mean?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Mara
    Mara
    Participant

The other day I began to read Paper 52 again and ran across the word “sealed”, as in this paragraph:

52:1.6  Man’s acquirement of ethical judgment, moral will, is usually coincident with the appearance of early language. Upon attaining the human level, after this emergence of mortal will, these beings become receptive to the temporary indwelling of the divine Adjusters, and upon death many are duly elected as survivors and sealed by the archangels for subsequent resurrection and Spirit fusion. The archangels always accompany the Planetary Princes, and a dispensational adjudication of the realm is simultaneous with the prince’s arrival.
    I’m not asking about the word “sealed” in reference to Jesus’ tomb, or in reference to a sealed message someone recieved, or other material/physical ways to seal up something.  Is anyone curious about the way the revelators use this word?
    Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

Don’t you think it means secured without possibility of reversal?

Mara
    Mara
    Participant

Don’t you think it means secured without possibility of reversal?

Reversal of what?

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

Reversal of what?

The opportunity to survive and experience resurrection.

Mara
    Mara
    Participant

Here is another interesting use of the word “sealed”:

51:6.1   On most of the inhabited worlds the Gardens of Eden remain as superb cultural centers and continue to function as the social patterns of planetary conduct and usage age after age. Even in early times when the violet peoples are relatively segregated, their schools receive suitable candidates from among the world races, while the industrial developments of the garden open up new channels of commercial intercourse. Thus do the Adams and Eves and their progeny contribute to the sudden expansion of culture and to the rapid improvement of the evolutionary races of their worlds. And all of these relationships are augmented and sealed by the amalgamation of the evolutionary races and the sons of Adam, resulting in the immediate upstepping of biologic status, the quickening of intellectual potential, and the enhancement of spiritual receptivity.
    Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

Greetings Mara!

I think the first use of ‘sealed’ you note above can be equated to the sealing of court records….that which is sealed may not be unsealed by any party except that which originally sealed the file/case/record.  No other agent or person or entity may unseal that which is sealed.  I find it to be a reference to the inviolate security of the survivorship record and soul/TA memory record and all sacred contents and selfhood of every survivor for future awakening.

Similarly in the second example, once the Adamic genetic inputs are amalgamated among the evolutionary races, that biologic result has been ‘sealed’ into the blood stream of humanity, never to be lost to the future of that world…signed, sealed, and delivered!

Here’s another:

27:7.8 [Part I]
    After the attainment of the supreme satisfaction of the fullness of worship, you are qualified for admission to the Corps of the Finality. The ascendant career is well-nigh finished, and the seventh jubilee prepares for celebration. The first jubilee marked the mortal agreement with the Thought Adjuster when the purpose to survive was sealed; the second was the awakening in the morontia life; the third was the fusion with the Thought Adjuster; the fourth was the awakening in Havona; the fifth celebrated the finding of the Universal Father; and the sixth jubilee was the occasion of the Paradise awakening from the final transit slumber of time. The seventh jubilee marks entrance into the mortal finaliter corps and the beginning of the eternity service. The attainment of the seventh stage of spirit realization by a finaliter will probably signalize the celebration of the first of the jubilees of eternity.

André
    André
    Participant
    Hi Mara,
    Revelation 7:4

And there came to my ears the number of those who had the mark on their brows, a hundred and forty-four thousand, who were marked out of every tribe of the people of Israel.

sealed : synonyms

beyond doubt, cinched, clear-cut, clinched, confirmed, decided, definite, dependable, ensured, fixed, assured, guaranteed, in the bag, indubitable, insured, irrefutable, made certain, nailed down, pronounced, racked, bound for, secure, set, settled, sewed up, sure, surefire, undoubted, unquestionable

André

Mara
    Mara
    Participant

synonyms. . . .

Thanks.

…that which is sealed may not be unsealed by any party except that which originally sealed the file/case/record.

Good analogy Bradly.  Here’s an interesting one referring to the Jerusem circles where the residential reservations of the major groups of universe life are located.

46:5.32   7. The circles of the finaliters have a unique structure at the center. And this same vacant temple is found on every system headquarters world throughout Nebadon. This edifice on Jerusem is sealed with the insignia of Michael, and it bears this inscription: “Undedicated to the seventh stage of spirit — to the eternal assignment.” Gabriel placed the seal on this temple of mystery, and none but Michael can or may break the seal of sovereignty affixed by the Bright and Morning Star. Some day you shall look upon this silent temple, even though you may not penetrate its mystery.

Gene
    Participant

Your fate is sealed – if

Mara
    Mara
    Participant

Your fate is sealed – if

I like your idea about one’s fate being *sealed – if*.  The *if* part has everything to do with whether or not the individual has, as Bonita said:

The opportunity to survive and experience resurrection.

The opportunity to survive is open *if* what? If there is a faint flicker of faith, for example.

The word *fate* means something else.  See this link  FATE .

The idea of *fate* sort of reminds me of providence – the sustaining, guiding, comforting care of God.

118:10.1 Providence does not mean that God has decided all things for us and in advance. God loves us too much to do that, for that would be nothing short of cosmic tyranny. Man does have relative powers of choice. Neither is the divine love that shortsighted affection which would pamper and spoil the children of men.
    Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

The word sealed, as I use it, and as I think TUB uses it in this context means “NO IFS”. It’s already happened and there’s no going back.

Gene
    Participant

The word sealed, as I use it, and as I think TUB uses it in this context means “NO IFS”. It’s already happened and there’s no going back.

on this one I’m not certain if I agree or not, however- I believe that the authors of the revelation sometimes are very specific with their use of words and at other times a bit more generalized. The challenge to me at times is to figure out which as they don’t really tell us.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.