Treasured Misconceptions

Home Forums Urantia Book General Discussions Treasured Misconceptions

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Ramblon
    Participant

I believe it was Bradley that posted some some of the reasons that people might feel the need to post here.  I am not here to judge, condemn, or do I expect to change anyone’s mind. People will believe what they choose to believe. Education or 50 years of study of any book does not validate it. As far as Biblical understanding, I seriously doubt that anyone has more than me. I started with the same fundamental belief, began doubting, and then continued through many years researching all other Religions and in college “the history of western civilization”. I posted here because I found many of the basic “truths” that exist within all Theology and History. The Bible itself can keep a researcher busy his or her entire life. I have no doubt the same can be said about the Urantia Book. I now seek simplicity in order to possibly break the “lock” that has most of humanity clinging to whatever explanations that answers the “why are we here” question. Were we “seeded” on Earth by higher intelligence? Probably. Do we really need to know? Probably not. I seek no position of authority, nor do I need more definitions of how we got where we are. I don’t need to know why the human animal is consciously or unconsciously connected to Mind. I do think that many lower animals use different parts of their brains. (migrating birds, sensing oncoming natural disasters, etc). Have we lost some of our function for lack of use? Probably. Will we evolve regardless of understanding? Probably. Will the readers here ever change because of my “treasured misconceptions”? Definitely not , should they consider me a threat of some sort. No. Sure, many might try to correct what they consider my misconceptions. Why not? I have found that many of  the existing Religions and Scholars have discarded the Urantia Book long before I ever examined it or any possible origins. It’s all good. If God wanted mankind to know it’s true origin in regards to reality, He could simply manifest a superhuman, indestructable, representative. I think that day may come. I am amused by the fact that politicians usually claim to be “born again Christians”. Are they? I doubt it. Is it necessary for them to assert that position. Sure, or they would not get elected. We do have provisions in government for separation of church and state. Even so, Americans think we were founded on Christian principles. Principles that they have not researched personally. Does it matter? Not really We have a standard for morality, at least at certain domestic levels. Killing “non Christians” with “drones” is acceptable as is selling weapons to nations that use them on us. We live in a world of misconceptions, a world of opinions, and none of us (except on a personal level) will ever change that.

nelsong
    Participant

If God wanted mankind to know it’s true origin in regards to reality, He could simply manifest a superhuman, indestructable, representative

yeah, simplicity – i have always wanted a god that would make things easy for me. a short cut – why not. and if i dont get what i want god cant be real.

Van Amadon
    Van Amadon
    Participant

I am not here to judge, condemn, or do I expect to change anyone’s mind.

(149:4.2) “Let your hearts be so dominated by love that your spirit guide will have little trouble in delivering you from the tendency to give vent to those outbursts of animal anger which are inconsistent with the status of divine sonship.”

Ramblon, you are here to be changed. Because growth is a treasured expectation.

Ramblon
    Participant

Nelsong,

No that is down right mean. I know, we know, that any such superhuman would take away free will. And perhaps the human opinion “absolute power corrupts absolutely” is true. Hmmmmmm…… Seems like our Bible’s old testament thought it was okay for God to flush the earth. It was okay designate a “Holy Land” to the his chosen people. Problem there is that they had to kill the Cannonites and every Army between them and the designated location. The trip (even on foot, does’t take 40 years)

So desiring simplicity means that God isn’t real. I didn’t know that.

Van,

You could be right.

nelsong
    Participant

Nelsong, No that is down right mean. I know, we know, that any such superhuman would take away free will. And perhaps the human opinion “absolute power corrupts absolutely” is true. Hmmmmmm…… Seems like our Bible’s old testament thought it was okay for God to flush the earth. It was okay designate a “Holy Land” to the his chosen people. Problem there is that they had to kill the Cannonites and every Army between them and the designated location. The trip (even on foot, does’t take 40 years) So desiring simplicity means that God isn’t real. I didn’t know that. Van, You could be right.

your ramblon way over my head, cant make sense of what your saying – sorry.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.