Time Stamp

Home Forums Support & Suggestions Time Stamp

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I have noticed that the time stamp placed on forum posts seems to be set to Pacific Time, or at least 4 hours behind of my Eastern standard time, depending on variations if DST is or is not in effect.  Can these time stamps be posted with their time zone listed based on the server’s location.  If my assumptions are correct, then if I make a post it would show up as X:xx.xx PST.  Assuming that the various other forum country locations would also present the same time stamp, assuming that they are all located on the same server, this would be less confusing, since there is no profile field which can be used to alter the time stamp seem based on member location.

Actually I’m wrong, in that it is not PST but would put the server one hour after GMT.  (where-ever?)

The time stamp of this post is 10:51 PM and my actual time is 6:51 PM.

Thank you in advance.

Kathleen
    Kathleen
    Keymaster

Hi Midi,

Thanks for pointing this out. Good point. I’m looking into this for you.

Kathleen

From Sydney, Australia

Kathleen
    Kathleen
    Keymaster

Hi Midi,

I’ve just determined we’re on UTC (‘Universal Time Coordinated’ which is the new term for the old Greenwich Mean Time – I had to look it up :). However I don’t know yet whether we can make it display that. Still checking it out. Cheers.

Kathleen

From Sydney, Australia

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.