The Ultimate Goal; From Jesus

Home Forums Urantia Book General Discussions The Ultimate Goal; From Jesus

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Mark Kurtz
    Participant

This is why we read the Fifth Epochal Revelation.  From Jesus,

“The ultimate goal of human progress is the reverent recognition of the fatherhood of God and the loving materialization of the brotherhood of man.”  143:1.4

This statement is included in his remarks in response to Apostles’ reports of Greek and Roman mockery of teachings.  They reported people said the teachings would make weaklings and society cannot tolerate such.  Jesus reminded them of why he sent them out to teach and reminded them of why his earth mission.  He asked them if they thought John (The Baptist) was a weakling, thereby asking them to define weakling.

For today, this statement summarizes the FEF justification for further upgrading mortals.  The “reverent recognition of the fatherhood of God” and resultant worldwide brotherhood of man will upgrade life quality, lead to better governments, societies, culture, world trade, work ethics— human relationships of all aspects.  It will bring real and lasting peace!!!!!!!!  Knowing Jesus, the human and Jesus the divine Lord will bring us closer to the desired worldwide brotherhood.  This is why we read to study and know the Revelation.  Much, much more could be said!

What say all?

Mara
    Mara
    Participant
    Mark Kurtz wrote:  “The ultimate goal of human progress is the reverent recognition of the fatherhood of God and the loving materialization of the brotherhood of man.” 143:1.4
    For several days we’ve been talking about fatherhood and brotherhood over  HERE. under the topic “What is spiritual brotherhood?”  The worldwide brotherhood is in our distant future.  It will be the fruit of a future age, though as individuals we know the spiritual joy of it and experience this divine fellowship as faith-sons of the living God.
    179:5:2 )  […] The old Passover commemorated the emergence of their fathers from a state of racial slavery into individual freedom; now the Master was instituting a new remembrance supper as a symbol of the new dispensation wherein the enslaved individual emerges from the bondage of ceremonialism and selfishness into the spiritual joy of the brotherhood and fellowship of the liberated faith sons of the living God.
    Jesus has shown the way to the immediate attainment of spiritual brotherhood, as his mission was and is to the individual.  One 0n one.  Him and you.
    52:6:2 )  Even on normal evolutionary worlds the realization of the world-wide brotherhood of man is not an easy accomplishment. On a confused and disordered planet like Urantia such an achievement requires a much longer time and necessitates far greater effort. Unaided social evolution can hardly achieve such happy results on a spiritually isolated sphere. Religious revelation is essential to the realization of brotherhood on Urantia. While Jesus has shown the way to the immediate attainment of spiritual brotherhood, the realization of social brotherhood on your world depends much on the achievement of the following personal transformations and planetary adjustments:
    Religious revelation is essential and because our world lags behind, we need more time than usual.  A lot more time.  Imagine this – a football stadium full of people at night with the stadium lights turned off and maybe some 20 odd number of people out of the thousands who are present are holding lighted candles.  We need the whole stadium lit.
    Mark Kurtz
    Participant

Very nice, Mara.  Indeed you are involved in a great and significant discussion of the brotherhood of man.  This goal the Master identified in this topic struck a nice chord with me as it summaries so nicely of why all this effort in Nebadon to upgrade each planet.  And yes, Urantia will need a lot more time than normal worlds.  We read the UB to understand more of Michael’s challenges and his plans for our personal and planetary upgrade and growth.  This is a prime and principle purpose for the FEF!

Thanks.

Mara
    Mara
    Participant

I found something interesting.  Goes like this: Jesus answers one of Peter’s questions.

( 176:2:3 )   “Why do you still look for the Son of Man to sit upon the throne of David and expect that the material dreams of the Jews will be fulfilled? Have I not told you all these years that my kingdom is not of this world? The things which you now look down upon are coming to an end, but this will be a new beginning out of which the gospel of the kingdom will go to all the world and this salvation will spread to all peoples. And when the kingdom shall have come to its full fruition, be assured that the Father in heaven will not fail to visit you with an enlarged revelation of truth and an enhanced demonstration of righteousness, even as he has already bestowed upon this world him who became the prince of darkness, and then Adam, who was followed by Melchizedek, and in these days, the Son of Man. And so will my Father continue to manifest his mercy and show forth his love, even to this dark and evil world. So also will I, after my Father has invested me with all power and authority, continue to follow your fortunes and to guide in the affairs of the kingdom by the presence of my spirit, who shall shortly be poured out upon all flesh. […]

The point so fascinating to me in his promise is that “. . .when the kingdom shall have come to its full fruition, be assured that the Father in heaven will not fail to visit you with an enlarged revelation of truth and an enhanced demonstration of righteousness. . . .”  Even after the full fruition, more truth, beauty and goodness will follow!  Wow!  More will be revealed to us.

On one hand we have personal revelation, and personal revelation is continuous.  On the other we have epochal revelation which is periodic.  Jesus revealed God as the Father in heaven, The Father of every individual.

142:3:8The Father in heaven. And now do we know God as our Father in heaven. Our teaching provides a religion wherein the believer is a son of God. That is the good news of the gospel of the kingdom of heaven. Coexistent with the Father are the Son and the Spirit, and the revelation of the nature and ministry of these Paradise Deities will continue to enlarge and brighten throughout the endless ages of the eternal spiritual progression of the ascending sons of God. At all times and during all ages the true worship of any human being–as concerns individual spiritual progress–is recognized by the indwelling spirit as homage rendered to the Father in heaven.

He speaks of how the revelation of the nature and ministry of the Father, the Son and the Spirit will enlarge and brighten for endless ages for the individual who is Paradise bound.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.