Tennessee church sign: ‘Remember, Satan was the first to demand equal rights’

Home Forums Urantia Book General Discussions Tennessee church sign: ‘Remember, Satan was the first to demand equal rights’

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Brooklyn_born
    Brooklyn_born
    Participant

Did Lucifer petition for equal rights before the celestial authorities? I find it very interesting this pastor would draw parallels between  civil rights and Satan  demanding equal rights.  What do you think? Any bearing on TUB? Are there parallels between the two? I look forward to your thoughts.

Retrieved from:

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2015/03/tennessee-church-sign-remember-satan-was-the-first-to-demand-equal-rights/

BB

nelsong
    Participant

If the sign read satan was first to demand equal opportunity everyone would know immediately it was not his character.

wanting equality where equality does not exist is what I would expect from his character

just my humble opinion

Brooklyn_born
    Brooklyn_born
    Participant

If the sign read satan was first to demand equal opportunity everyone would know immediately it was not his character. wanting equality where equality does not exist is what I would expect from his character just my humble opinion

Very interesting response! So how we run things here isn’t exactly what we will find in the after-life. thanks for sharing, nelson.

BB

Anonymous
    Inactive

If the sign read satan was first to demand equal opportunity everyone would know immediately it was not his character.

wanting equality where equality does not exist is what I would expect from his character

just my humble opinion

Just curious Nelsong, I understand your first sentence above but I’m not sure about your second sentence [highlighted in blue]?  Are, you indicating that there is no equality here on Urantia, and “wanting equality” would be a futile attempt in wanting?  And then are you referring to Satan, when you state “what I would expect from his character”, or where you referring to the subsequent article which followed the picture of the sign, which B.B. had presented?

It was interesting that the poster of the sign took on a different tone when so many people were offended, even one indicated that the sign was in reference to the Gay community, and then it expanded to many other possibilities.

nelsong
    Participant

Yes, no equality on Urantia. With the exception that God sees us as equals. Also we have equal opportunity to choose to do his will. Where do you see equality?

yes, reference to satin who demands unnatural things – it suits his character.

Why would people desire equality? And in what context? It is far more realistic to enjoy and appreciate our differences imho

It’s typical these days for people to retract opinions in fear of being labeled something – it makes me ill. Too much political correctness. Something else that satan would identify with.

Mara
    Mara
    Participant

It’s a matter of interpretation isn’t it?  I think some people conflate their ideas of Lucifer, Satan and the like with their political views.  It’s all mixed up: political opinions and religious opinions all gummed up in the same cudball.  Who is it who is against civil rights and human rights?  But some people (maybe a lot of them) are looking for the signs of the end of the world and would interpret the fight for civil rights as a sign. I would say we live in as much a sign-seeking century as it was when Jesus walked the earth as a man.  People have their jaws locked onto signs of the end times.  People point to civil rights struggles and human rights struggles as what? something evil?  How ludicrous!

Humans are unequal in everything but the gift of God – his spirit spark- and his other primary and unique gift: the personality (no 2 are alike).  With those two things we are equal, but we are unequal in every other respect.

70:9:1   Nature confers no rights on man, only life and a world in which to live it. Nature does not even confer the right to live, as might be deduced by considering what would likely happen if an unarmed man met a hungry tiger face to face in the primitive forest. Society’s prime gift to man is security.
    On earth Jesus dealt with Satan and Lucifer to the extent he could, and he handed the case up to the higher courts of Uversa.
    53:8:4  The Son of Man was confident of success, and he knew that his triumph on your world would forever settle the status of his agelong enemies, not only in Satania but also in the other two systems where sin had entered. There was survival for mortals and security for angels when your Master, in reply to the Lucifer proposals, calmly and with divine assurance replied, “Get you behind me, Satan.” That was, in principle, the real end of the Lucifer rebellion. True, the Uversa tribunals have not yet rendered the executive decision regarding the appeal of Gabriel praying for the destruction of the rebels, but such a decree will, no doubt, be forthcoming in the fullness of time since the first step in the hearing of this case has already been taken.

Caligastia was recognized by the Son of Man as the technical Prince of Urantia up to near the time of his death. Said Jesus: “Now is the judgment of this world; now shall the prince of this world be cast down.” And then still nearer the completion of his lifework he announced, “The prince of this world is judged.” And it is this same dethroned and discredited Prince who was once termed “God of Urantia.”

The last act of Michael before leaving Urantia was to offer mercy to Caligastia and Daligastia, but they spurned his tender proffer. Caligastia, your apostate Planetary Prince, is still free on Urantia to prosecute his nefarious designs, but he has absolutely no power to enter the minds of men, neither can he draw near to their souls to tempt or corrupt them unless they really desire to be cursed with his wicked presence.

Keryn
    Participant

I agree it is a matter of interpretation.  One possible interpretation of the billboard is that ‘equal rights’ refers to minority groups wishing to be afforded the same treatment as majority groups (gay marriage, women’s right to fair wage, etc.)  So the billboard is casting aspersions on those who advocate for equal rights for minority groups by saying that Satan was the first to demand equal rights – although I have no clue where they draw the parallel with Satan for this particular interpretation.

My interpretation of TUB is that Satan demanded equal freedoms as are given to those who have earned personal liberty as a result of earning it by wisdom gained by experience.  So, in that sense and according to my interpretation, there could be a loosely interpreted truth that Satan was one of the earliest to demand equal rights (personal liberties).

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.