Science & Religion – where to start?

Home Forums Science & History Science & Religion – where to start?

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Caligastia, your apostate Planetary Prince, is still free on Urantia to prosecute his nefarious designs, but he has absolutely no power to enter the minds of men, neither can he draw near to their souls to tempt or corrupt them unless they really desire to be cursed with his wicked presence.

53:8.6 (610.2) The last act of Michael before leaving Urantia was to offer mercy to Caligastia and Daligastia, but they spurned his tender proffer. Caligastia, your apostate Planetary Prince, is still free on Urantia to prosecute his nefarious designs, but he has absolutely no power to enter the minds of men, neither can he draw near to their souls to tempt or corrupt them unless they really desire to be cursed with his wicked presence.

“I’m rereading John’s apocalypse (the period we’re living in lends itself well to it!) and I still wonder if we wouldn’t be right in it. Although this book is a bit complicated, the fact remains that it is interesting given that it talks about Michael’s return. Do you think there are still fallen spirits who are free to influence the decisions of some humans, or are they really all locked up on the No. 7 satellite of the Father of Satania?”

jean
    Participant

Salut Bradly

Ne t’inquiète pas pour moi mon ami, je suis un lecteur assidu du LU, ma question en fait, était de savoir si il y avait encore des rebelles en liberté.

“Caligastia, votre Prince Planétaire apostat, est toujours libre sur Urantia de poursuivre ses desseins infâmes, mais il n’a absolument aucun pouvoir d’entrer dans l’esprit des hommes, il ne peut pas non plus s’approcher de leurs âmes pour les tenter ou les corrompre à moins qu’ils ne désirent vraiment être maudits avec sa présence méchante.”

Personnellement je ne crois pas non plus en une apocalypse comme décrite dans la bible, bien que les guerres peuvent y ressembler.

Jean

Mara
    Mara
    Participant
    Ne t’inquiète pas pour moi mon ami, je suis un lecteur assidu du LU, ma question en fait, était de savoir si il y avait encore des rebelles en liberté.
    Thanks for your comments. I think you have an answer to which I will add this:
    77:7.8 [Part III]
    The entire group of rebel midwayers is at present held prisoner by order of the Most Highs of Edentia. No more do they roam this world on mischief bent. Regardless of the presence of the Thought Adjusters, the pouring out of the Spirit of Truth upon all flesh forever made it impossible for disloyal spirits of any sort or description ever again to invade even the most feeble of human minds. Since the day of Pentecost there never again can be such a thing as demoniacal possession.
    Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

Jean – So good to hear.  Translation is difficult and software lacks nuance apparently.

You posted:

Personnellement je ne crois pas non plus en une apocalypse comme décrite dans la bible, bien que les guerres peuvent y ressembler.”

Translates to:

“Personally I also don’t believe in an apocalypse as described in the Bible, although wars can look like it.”

Me here:  Yes.  Nationalism is becoming more irrational.   The Dalai Lama recently said “War is outdated.”  Ukrainians suffer under the bootheel of a madman but the poor Russians will regret the certain consequences and repercussions of war.

Armageddonists welcome war as one of their “signs” of the return of Jesus.  Simpletons and blind lemmings who refuse the Jesusonian Gospel of our global and universal family, and who deny and retard our social progress and perpetuate primitive superstition.

Our national war machine and military industrial complex in the USA are not effective to deliver peace or positive change either.  Fighting over borders and ideas must be abandoned in  favor of peace and the best interest of all – the greater good for the greatest number.

Perhaps climate change will unite science and religion and politics into a more unified global response to common problems and resolutions?  Perhaps.

:good:

Mara
    Mara
    Participant

Perhaps climate change will unite science and religion and politics into a more unified global response to common problems and resolutions?

I enjoy your comments. Rather than going into climate change or war, I’d rather  look at a *bigger* scope – the interrelationship of science and religion.  In thinking about this I was reminded of this reference about civilizations – the *bigger* scope.

16:9.5 [Part I]
    Civilizations are unstable because they are not cosmic; they are not innate in the individuals of the races. They must be nurtured by the combined contributions of the constitutive factors of man — science, morality, and religion. Civilizations come and go, but science, morality, and religion always survive the crash.
    Here’s an historical bit that informs us that planetary mortals, primitives so to speak, evolve their mind derived religions (superstitions, etc.) first, before science comes along, before civilizations develop.  They remind us that religion is optional.  No God nor man has power to force religion – religious experience – upon a person against his will.
    5:5.5 [Part I]
    Evolutionary religion is the mother of the science, art, and philosophy which elevated man to the level of receptivity to revealed religion, including the bestowal of Adjusters and the coming of the Spirit of Truth. The evolutionary picture of human existence begins and ends with religion, albeit very different qualities of religion, one evolutional and biological, the other revelational and periodical. And so, while religion is normal and natural to man, it is also optional. Man does not have to be religious against his will.
    Revelation helps us logically  correlate religion and science – “these separate but interdependent domains of thought” that we would develop “a well-balanced philosophy of scientific stability and religious certainty.”
    103:7.9 [Part III]
    The science of the material world enables man to control, and to some extent dominate, his physical environment. The religion of the spiritual experience is the source of the fraternity impulse which enables men to live together in the complexities of the civilization of a scientific age. Metaphysics, but more certainly revelation, affords a common meeting ground for the discoveries of both science and religion and makes possible the human attempt logically to correlate these separate but interdependent domains of thought into a well-balanced philosophy of scientific stability and religious certainty.

I think it is fascinating to know that religion was born in the evolutionary cradle of mankind. Now and in the future will religion – as personally borne, experienced and lived by each religionist – be the overarching pursuit of everyone who longs to do the will of God.  It seems to me that religion is at the beginning (our natal origin) and at the end . . . here on planet earth in the eras of light and life (the teachings of Jesus shall not fail), as well as our individual attainment-destiny on Paradise.  I’m sure others might have a *bigger* scope than I do.  :-)

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.