Non-Violent Communication

Home Forums Urantia Book General Discussions Non-Violent Communication

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    emanny3003
    Blocked

A young boy was torn from his parents at the age of three. His large and extended family was in a struggle against Godless authoritarian thugs. Many in the family were imprisoned, tortured, and raped. Some were killed by firing squad in Cabanas at “the wall”.

The crime, opposition.

A four year old in America rushes to the phone whenever it rings to ask the person on the line if they had seen or heard of his mother. He was losing memory of her face and was desperately searching for her. He had a picture of her and studies it so as to never forget.

One day a strange man greets the boy with great familiarity and love. The boy is afraid of the stranger that shows such love. He will never be able to call him ‘Dad’.

This boy becomes obsessed with perfection in hopes that God will not punish him further. Perfect report cards, perfect behavior and perfect attendance record, perfect effort.

This obsessed boy had his first perfect breakdown just before Easter in kindergarden when he become inconsolable crying and whaling. A kind and beautiful teacher asked what was wrong. The boy confessed. He had no clue about how to color Easter eggs. She calmingly reassured the boy that he would be shown how. This same boy got a bad start in the Lutheran kindergarden when “interrogated” earlier in the year at the school office as to whether he was baptized. The boy did not know the word and became afraid that he did not belong there.

At the age of 22, the boy, now a man, was starting clinical rotations after having completed medical didactics and ‘mastering’ the textbooks. This man was confronted with his second breakdown when exposed to the pain and suffering, and death he witness on the ‘wards’. The textbooks and the knowledge acquired in the past 22 years were worthless to him now. It seemed hopeless and he felt helpless as to how he was to make a difference in the lives of these of diseased and suffering people. No one could show him how to color Easter eggs now, except One.

The man gave up the obsession with being perfect and began to pursue ‘perfecting in love’. There was no deadlines now and no test dates. There were no more textbooks. There was no more reading for this task of perfecting in love.

There was only hope, and hope springs eternal. Eternity is the answer to all dis-ease. Thank God we all live in Him.

Moderator-2

Beloved friends and readers of the Fifth Epochal Revelation,

I want to draw your attention to the admonition contained in my first post for this thread. The moderators of this forum have a duty to ensure that all participants adhere to the forum’s rules and guidelines which have been put in place to preserve a spirit of peace, respect, and friendship for participants and observers to this site. We do our best not to be intrusive or heavy-handed but sometimes we have to take disciplinary action when individuals persist in violating those rules even after being given a clear warning concerning their behaviour. This has become necessary over the past 24 hours. Sometimes we are criticised for our tardiness or for not being firm enough. Inevitably we get the balance wrong sometimes.

I also want to acknowledge that some of you have exercised great patience and forbearance in the face of strong provocation and while being subjected to personal attack. In so doing, you have demonstrated that you are disciples of our Master who “treat(s) us all with equal kindness” and “is invariably tender and compassionate”. P.1785:3

It is the moderators’ hope that all who come to this site will truly enjoy their experience as they help one another to gain a greater appreciation and understanding of this extraordinary gift from above.

Blessings to you all!

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

I also want to acknowledge that some of you have exercised great patience and forbearance in the face of strong provocation and while being subjected to personal attack. In so doing, you have demonstrated that you are disciples of our Master who “treat(s) us all with equal kindness” and “is invariably tender and compassionate”. P.1785:3 It is the moderators’ hope that all who come to this site will truly enjoy their experience as they help one another to gain a greater appreciation and understanding of this extraordinary gift from above. Blessings to you all!

Dear Mods…and friends and fellow students,

Just a note of thanks for the work of those who volunteer here to provide this gathering place and for those who support it financially.  For myself, I must confess that standing in the storm of acrimony and chaos is not a bad thing (time to time that is) as it provides opportunity for the exercise of my response-ability in the midst of confusion, consternation, ego-defense, and a whole spectrum of emotion and uncertainty.  If we are to learn to feast and fatten on such fare, then we must be served such a banquet.  Indeed, we are taught two principles for consideration:  first, that the Thought Adjuster and the Guardians literally conspire to place all pilgrims of time and space into situations and circumstances which offer the opportunity for truth discovery and experience in the vicissitudes and edges of conflict for our education and progress in spirit; second, the better we get at our response-ability, new and greater challenges will be presented according to our greater response-ability so learned.

So I think we should all seek out the lessons of opportunity as they present themselves without avoidance or annoyance to “see” and “hear” what is before us and for us in this journey of learning.   We will have further such opportunities here to learn thereby the truth and to be true to our inner guide and according to our citizenship in this glorious and friendly universe.  But I have only myself to manage.  The mods here have a far greater responsibility to the audience and the forum and its diverse group of “owners” and “financiers” and posters and guests.  Not easy.  Their gracious welcome and guidance and moderation are inspiring to me.  Thanks for your service to us all.

And a big thanks for the many examples I have been offered here by other students facing the same edges of conflict.  Your response-ability is a great example and inspiration to me as well.  To see a group harmonize in the midst of contention is a lamp of illumination upon the pilgrim’s path for all others as we journey together.  Peace.

:good:

Mara
    Mara
    Participant

As we share in the fellowship of the Spirit of Truth, let us always bear in mind these words of exhortation from our Master: “Anger is a material manifestation which represents, in a general way, the measure of the failure of the spiritual nature to gain control of the combined intellectual and physical natures. Anger indicates your lack of tolerant brotherly love plus your lack of self-respect and self-control. Anger depletes the health, debases the mind, and handicaps the spirit teacher of man’s soul. Have you not read in the Scriptures that wrath kills the foolish man,’ and that man tears himself in his anger’? That he who is slow of wrath is of great understanding,’ while he who is hasty of temper exalts folly’? You all know that a soft answer turns away wrath,’ and how grievous words stir up anger.’ Discretion defers anger,’ while he who has no control over his own self is like a defenseless city without walls.’ Wrath is cruel and anger is outrageous.’Angry men stir up strife, while the furious multiply their transgressions.’ `Be not hasty in spirit, for anger rests in the bosom of fools.’” Before Jesus ceased speaking, he said further: “Let your hearts be so dominated by love that your spirit guide will have little trouble in delivering you from the tendency to give vent to those outbursts of animal anger which are inconsistent with the status of divine sonship.” P.1673:2

Words, written and spoken, do matter in conveying what a person thinks.  Words convey many flavors of thought.  My grandmother used to say – if you can’t say something nice, don’t say anything at all.  When grown up I set my mind to try to figure out why some people are so disagreeable, but to no avail.  I can’t possibly know the whys and wherefores.  But there is a real motive.

111:7:2   May I admonish you to heed the distant echo of the Adjuster’s faithful call to your soul? The indwelling Adjuster cannot stop or even materially alter your career struggle of time; the Adjuster cannot lessen the hardships of life as you journey on through this world of toil. The divine indweller can only patiently forbear while you fight the battle of life as it is lived on your planet; but you could, if you only would — as you work and worry, as you fight and toil — permit the valiant Adjuster to fight with you and for you. You could be so comforted and inspired, so enthralled and intrigued, if you would only allow the Adjuster constantly to bring forth the pictures of the real motive, the final aim, and the eternal purpose of all this difficult, uphill struggle with the commonplace problems of your present material world.

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.