Mystery, mark and image…

Home Forums Urantia Book General Discussions Mystery, mark and image…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    Brooklyn_born
    Brooklyn_born
    Participant

I find it fascinating that the revelators use terms mentioned in the Book of Revelation specifically to describe the unholy trinity.  Those terms are mystery, mark, and image:

108:6.3 The Mystery Monitors […]  The Adjuster is the mark of divinity, the presence of God. The “Image of God” […]

And what we find in the Book of Revelation is:

Rev 17:5 “And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT

Rev 19:20 “And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.”

Rev 13:15 “And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.”

• Mark of the Beast = Mark of Divinity
    • Mystery, Babylon the Great = Mystery Monitors
    • Image of the Beast = Image of God.

Did the revelators want to draw parallels between the two revelations?

BB

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

P1555:7, 139:4.14 When in temporary exile on Patmos, John wrote the Book of Revelation, which you now have in greatly abridged and distorted form. This Book of Revelation contains the surviving fragments of a great revelation, large portions of which were lost, other portions of which were removed, subsequent to John’s writing. It is preserved in only fragmentary and adulterated form.

Why would TUB authors want to draw parallels to abridged, distorted, fragmentary and adulterated text?

Brooklyn_born
    Brooklyn_born
    Participant

P1555:7, 139:4.14 When in temporary exile on Patmos, John wrote the Book of Revelation, which you now have in greatly abridged and distorted form. This Book of Revelation contains the surviving fragments of a great revelation, large portions of which were lost, other portions of which were removed, subsequent to John’s writing. It is preserved in only fragmentary and adulterated form.

Why would TUB authors want to draw parallels to abridged, distorted, fragmentary and adulterated text?

And are not the TA’s fragmentary? Would you discard yours because of it?

3:1.9  […]  Thought Adjusters, the indwelling fragments of God, in the hearts of his
    creature children.

Are not the one-brained races inferior to the two- and three-brained orders yet find equal spiritual standing before Father in the greater scheme of things?

49:5.8 While the terrestrial attainments of the one-brained races are slightly limited in comparison with the two-brained orders, the older planets of the three-brained group exhibit civilizations that would astound Urantians, and which would somewhat shame yours by comparison. In mechanical development and material civilization, even in intellectual progress, the two-brained mortal worlds are able to equal the three-brained spheres. But in the higher control of mind and development of intellectual and spiritual reciprocation, you are somewhat inferior.

And what about distortion?

115:3.1 […] Man, a finite creature in an infinite cosmos, must content himself with distorted reflections and attenuated conceptions of that limitless, boundless, never-beginning, never-ending existence the comprehension of which is really beyond his ability.

I am sure you have heard of this idiom:

“Don’t throw the baby out with the bathwater”

:good:

BB

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant
    WHAT’S REALLY IN TUB:

And are not the TA fragmentary?

Adjusters are complete fragments.  They contain everything the Father contains in regards to personality – UNDILUTED, UNMIXED, UNATTENUATED.  What does unattenuated mean?  It means not reduced in any way, not in force, effect or value.  They are God himself.

107:1.2 Though there are diverse opinions regarding the mode of the bestowal of Thought Adjusters, there exist no such differences concerning their origin; all are agreed that they proceed direct from the Universal Father, the First Source and Center. They are not created beings; they are fragmentized entities constituting the factual presence of the infinite God. Together with their many unrevealed associates, the Adjusters are undiluted and unmixed divinity, unqualified and unattenuated parts of Deity; they are of God, and as far as we are able to discern, they are God.

Brooklyn_born
    Brooklyn_born
    Participant
    WHAT’S REALLY IN TUB:

And are not the TA fragmentary?

Adjusters are complete fragments. They contain everything the Father contains in regards to personality – UNDILUTED, UNMIXED, UNATTENUATED. What does unattenuated mean? It means not reduced in any way, not in force, effect or value. They are God himself.

107:1.2 Though there are diverse opinions regarding the mode of the bestowal of Thought Adjusters, there exist no such differences concerning their origin; all are agreed that they proceed direct from the Universal Father, the First Source and Center. They are not created beings; they are fragmentized entities constituting the factual presence of the infinite God. Together with their many unrevealed associates, the Adjusters are undiluted and unmixed divinity, unqualified and unattenuated parts of Deity; they are of God, and as far as we are able to discern, they are God.

“complete fragments” = inherent contradiction =  complete is antithesis to fragment.  You can have a fragment that is undiluted, unmixed and unattenuated and yet incomplete or partial without the whole; hence, the use of the term ‘fragment.’ Additionally, your quote does not support your claim.

:-(

BB

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

107:1.2 . . . as far as we are able to discern, they are God.

Brooklyn_born
    Brooklyn_born
    Participant

107:1.2 . . . as far as we are able to discern, they are God.

The revelator is cautious to qualify his statement: “AS FAR as we ABLE TO DISCERN. ”  It is conditioned by his degree of discernment.

BB

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

Mystery, Babylon the Great = Mystery Monitors

My version of the Bible has Rev 17:5 as the following

And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.

How is the Mystery Monitor the mother of harlots and abominations of the earth?????????????

Here’s the Rev 17:1-8 in context:

One of the seven angels who had the seven bowls came and said to me, “Come, I will show you the punishment of the great prostitute, who sits by many waters.

With her the kings of the earth committed adultery, and the inhabitants of the earth were intoxicated with the wine of her adulteries.”

Then the angel carried me away in the Spirit into a wilderness. There I saw a woman sitting on a scarlet beast that was covered with blasphemous names and had seven heads and ten horns.

The woman was dressed in purple and scarlet, and was glittering with gold, precious stones and pearls. She held a golden cup in her hand, filled with abominable things and the filth of her adulteries.

The name written on her forehead was a mystery:

babylon the great

the mother of prostitutes

and of the abominations of the earth.

I saw that the woman was drunk with the blood of God’s holy people, the blood of those who bore testimony to Jesus.When I saw her, I was greatly astonished.

Then the angel said to me: “Why are you astonished? I will explain to you the mystery of the woman and of the beast she rides, which has the seven heads and ten horns.

The beast, which you saw, once was, now is not, and yet will come up out of the Abyss and go to its destruction. The inhabitants of the earth whose names have not been written in the book of life from the creation of the world will be astonished when they see the beast, because it once was, now is not, and yet will come.

So . . . . the Adjusters, WHO ARE GOD, are prostitutes and adulterers, drunk with the blood of God’s holy people . . . JUMPIN JIMINY, talk about error!!

Brooklyn_born
    Brooklyn_born
    Participant

Mystery, Babylon the Great = Mystery Monitors

My version of the Bible has Rev 17:5 as the following

And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.

How is the Mystery Monitor the mother of harlots and abominations of the earth????????????? Here’s the Rev 17:1-8 in context:

One of the seven angels who had the seven bowls came and said to me, “Come, I will show you the punishment of the great prostitute, who sits by many waters. With her the kings of the earth committed adultery, and the inhabitants of the earth were intoxicated with the wine of her adulteries.” Then the angel carried me away in the Spirit into a wilderness. There I saw a woman sitting on a scarlet beast that was covered with blasphemous names and had seven heads and ten horns. The woman was dressed in purple and scarlet, and was glittering with gold, precious stones and pearls. She held a golden cup in her hand, filled with abominable things and the filth of her adulteries. The name written on her forehead was a mystery:

babylon the great the mother of prostitutes and of the abominations of the earth.

I saw that the woman was drunk with the blood of God’s holy people, the blood of those who bore testimony to Jesus.When I saw her, I was greatly astonished.

Then the angel said to me: “Why are you astonished? I will explain to you the mystery of the woman and of the beast she rides, which has the seven heads and ten horns.

The beast, which you saw, once was, now is not, and yet will come up out of the Abyss and go to its destruction. The inhabitants of the earth whose names have not been written in the book of life from the creation of the world will be astonished when they see the beast, because it once was, now is not, and yet will come.

So . . . . the Adjusters, WHO ARE GOD, are prostitutes and adulterers, drunk with the blood of God’s holy people . . . JUMPIN JIMINY, talk about error!!

I am not going to argue with you, Bonita. You disagree with the post, therefore we can agree to disagree. Let’s keep it moving.

:-)

BB

Van Amadon
    Van Amadon
    Participant

So . . . . the Adjusters, WHO ARE GOD, are prostitutes and adulterers, drunk with the blood of God’s holy people . . .

BB didn’t say that Bonita. But you did. Is that necessary?

Brooklyn_born
    Brooklyn_born
    Participant

So . . . . the Adjusters, WHO ARE GOD, are prostitutes and adulterers, drunk with the blood of God’s holy people . . .

Don’t even sweat that, Van Amadon. Let it ride.

BB

Mara
    Mara
    Participant

I like your attitude BB.

Anonymous
    Inactive

This is fascinating, where how “they are God” becomes “who is God” when referencing the fragments known as Thought Adjusters, presupposition or inference to imply assignment to transverse meaning.

(1177.3) 107:1.2 Though there are diverse opinions regarding the mode of the bestowal of Thought Adjusters,
    there exist no such differences concerning their origin; all are agreed that they proceed direct from the
    Universal Father, the First Source and Center. They are not created beings; they are fragmentized entities
    constituting the factual presence of the infinite God. Together with their many unrevealed associates, the
    Adjusters are undiluted and unmixed divinity, unqualified and unattenuated parts of Deity; they are of God,
    and as far as we are able to discern, they are God.

The implication of “they are God”, indicates that the total sum of “fragments” is God, not that each fragment is God.  However, when referred to as “who are God”, implies an individualization where a part of the whole cannot become the whole without assuming duplication and miniaturization of the whole.  Thereby, implying that no Thought Adjuster could be unique, also not being able to be pre-personal or personal.  Also, the use of “fragmentized entities”, where “entities” implies or is defined as “being or existence, especially when considered as distinct, independent, or self-contained“.

(1180.4) 107:4.1 To say that a Thought Adjuster is divine is merely to recognize the nature of origin. It is highly probable that such purity of divinity embraces the essence of the potential of all attributes of Deity which can be contained within such a fragment of the absolute essence of the universal presence of the eternal and infinite Paradise Father.

Brooklyn_born
    Brooklyn_born
    Participant
    Nice catch, Midi! I overlooked  in revelation the consolidation of TAs to = God, while the individual TAs are fragments of the whole.  I have always held the view each individual personality holds a key in their TA and it takes all humanity to come together to catch the fullness of the vision of God.

This is fascinating, where how “they are God” becomes “who is God” when referencing the fragments known as Thought Adjusters, presupposition or inference to imply assignment to transverse meaning.

(1177.3) 107:1.2 Though there are diverse opinions regarding the mode of the bestowal of Thought Adjusters, there exist no such differences concerning their origin; all are agreed that they proceed direct from the Universal Father, the First Source and Center. They are not created beings; they are fragmentized entities constituting the factual presence of the infinite God. Together with their many unrevealed associates, the Adjusters are undiluted and unmixed divinity, unqualified and unattenuated parts of Deity; they are of God, and as far as we are able to discern, they are God.

The implication of “they are God”, indicates that the total sum of “fragments” is God, not that each fragment is God. However, when referred to as “who are God”, implies an individualization where a part of the whole cannot become the whole without assuming duplication and miniaturization of the whole. Thereby, implying that no Thought Adjuster could be unique, also not being able to be pre-personal or personal. Also, the use of “fragmentized entities”, where “entities” implies or is defined as “being or existence, especially when considered as distinct, independent, or self-contained“.

(1180.4) 107:4.1 To say that a Thought Adjuster is divine is merely to recognize the nature of origin. It is highly probable that such purity of divinity embraces the essence of the potential of all attributes of Deity which can be contained within such a fragment of the absolute essence of the universal presence of the eternal and infinite Paradise Father.

BB

Brooklyn_born
    Brooklyn_born
    Participant

I like your attitude BB.

:good:

BB

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.