More mind

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Gene
    Participant

do you think that adjutants have any involvement with our ability to sense time?

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

Well, since time is perceived by the intellect, it seems that the adjutants would play a role in altering that perception.  Psychic circle mastery results in lengthening of the time unit, which makes sense since the soul has a different level of mind, a different intellect, and a different way of viewing time.  As we progress the psychic circles, the adjutants get left behind.  The time unit will obviously grow with circle progress since the goal is infinity, which is timeless.  In other words, lengthening the time unit requires wisdom, which would obviously involve the higher adjutants and eventually the superadjutant soul.

118:1.3-4  There is a direct relationship between maturity and the unit of time consciousness in any given intellect. The time unit may be a day, a year, or a longer period, but inevitably it is the criterion by which the conscious self evaluates the circumstances of life, and by which the conceiving intellect measures and evaluates the facts of temporal existence.

Experience, wisdom, and judgment are the concomitants of the lengthening of the time unit in mortal experience. As the human mind reckons backward into the past, it is evaluating past experience for the purpose of bringing it to bear on a present situation. As mind reaches out into the future, it is attempting to evaluate the future significance of possible action. And having thus reckoned with both experience and wisdom, the human will exercises judgment-decision in the present, and the plan of action thus born of the past and the future becomes existent.

There’s another interesting thing about time.  Personality has its own time sense.  This is something I find fascinating.  Of course, personality is not aware of its own time sense without mind, but it requires the presence of God (another personality) within it.

12:5.7-9  

1. Mind-perceived time—consciousness of sequence, motion, and a sense of duration.

2. Spirit-perceived time—insight into motion Godward and the awareness of the motion of ascent to levels of increasing divinity.

3. Personality creates a unique time sense out of insight into Reality plus a consciousness of presence and an awareness of duration.

Gene
    Participant

I suspect that our animal cousins have some limited sense of time. Many animal activities are governed by time.  Possibly lower Adjutants at work here?

on a different note: TUB does not get into time and space in a way that would support Einsteins theory that links time space gravity inseparably. Einstein was the science of the time the revelation was happening.

we are told that time is perceived in relation to stationary paradise.

we are also told that space is not responsive to gravity.

makes me think that time is more of a perception thing rather than a reality.

no mention in TUB about time being responsive to gravity that I recall.

your 3 at the end 12.5.7-9

all involve perception, the senses. Nothing real to address other than that.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant
    Gene wrote: Many animal activities are governed by time.

That doesn’t mean that they actually comprehend the passage of time.  It means that they have an internal clock or a light/dark sensor of some kind.  Animals can also learn patterns of time, such as dogs knowing when it’s walk time, dinner time or nap time due to repeated experiences from the past.  There’s also sequence organization ability of mind, such as “this always comes after that”.   I guess it depends on what kind of time sensitivity you’re talking about.  Here’s a TUB quote about animal time:

p135:9 12:5.10 Unspiritual animals know only the past and live in the present. Spirit-indwelt man has powers of prevision (insight); he may visualize the future.

At one time I collected all the quotes in TUB concerning time.  It seems that time is perceived differently on different levels of existence.  On the absolute level, the moment of the present also contains all the past and all the future.  But, they say that in space/time, time comes by virtue of motion.  So I guess that as long as we’re moving, we will sense time.  Does that make it unreal?  I don’t think so.  Even if motion stopped, mind itself has an innate awareness of sequentiality which would give us an understanding of progression and order.  Mind is unity, so it makes sense that it does this.  Then personality also has its own time ability, to perceive duration.

12:5.1 Like space, time is a bestowal of Paradise, but not in the same sense, only indirectly. Time comes by virtue of motion and because mind is inherently aware of sequentiality. From a practical viewpoint, motion is essential to time, but there is no universal time unit based on motion except in so far as the Paradise-Havona standard day is arbitrarily so recognized. The totality of space respiration destroys its local value as a time source.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.