Missing posts?

Home Forums Support & Suggestions Missing posts?

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Moderator-2

Hi Nigel,

I have restored both your posts which I found under “pending” again. This obviously shouldn’t be happening but we’re still waiting on the webmaster to fix the problem. Apologies once again!

Mod 2

Nigel Nunn
    Participant

Moderator-2 wrote:

Hi Nigel, I have restored both your posts which I found under “pending” again. This obviously shouldn’t be happening but we’re still waiting on the webmaster to fix the problem. Apologies once again! Mod 2

Thanks… and the plot thickens.  My post was visible, so I made a small edit to punctuation, and it disappeared again.

Possible cause? I recently reformatted and reinstalled my PC, so details stored by the website about my registration may have changed. Could this be triggering the forum insecurity system to shift posts to need moderator approval? Just a thought.

Thanks for assisting our tech-team to sort this out  :good:

Nigel

PS: Test 1 – this post appears to have appeared!! Could the issue be with some default setting applied to particular sub-forums??

PPS: Test 2 – the above post was posted from [Text] mode. This will be posted from [Visual] mode…

PPPS:  Test 3 – seems to be working here;  but still need help with my disappearing reply to rock over here:

https://urantia-association.org/forums/topic/revisionist-cosmology/

thanks – Nigel

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

I also have a lost post now in “Reincarnation”.

This site causes my computer and phone to freeze up when posting or editing.  Only forum of 3 that does so.  Things are very unstable here.

Time for the webmaster to fix…or find one who can.  This is not good and has gone on waaaayyyy too long now.

Nigel Nunn
    Participant

Bradly wrote:

“This site causes my computer and phone to freeze up when posting or editing”

Just a thought: Please ask webmaster to check if some “insecurity check” is checking whether a post comes from a machine different to the one used by the user for registration. This may be causing posts to be “held for moderation” ?

Nigel

Kathleen
    Kathleen
    Keymaster

Hi Folks,

It’s been a busy festive season here… The webmaster did try something a couple of weeks back that required monitoring. Everything seemed ok until these recent reports over Christmas. I’ll bring all of your recent reports to her attention this week. Again, apologies for the frustrations. Keep letting us know so we can restore the posts that go mising.

Happy New Year!!

Cheers,

Kathleen

From Sydney, Australia

Moderator-1
    Moderator-1

Keep letting us know. . . .

1. The *freshness* function of “Support and Suggestions” is not working.

2. Some replies are landing in the *pending* folder when an individual submits his/her reply. This should not happen. The disappearance prevents the individual from editing the reply.

Kathleen
    Kathleen
    Keymaster

Dear Friends,

The webmaster has tried a few more things to attempt to fix these issues. Here’s what she’s said:

For the missing forum posts, I disabled another spam filter. It’s also possible your comment moderation settings have been affecting the forum, so I made a change to them – since Nigel said his posts went into pending after some details like IP address changed, it’s possible the comment setting was having an effect. If you’re really eager to lower the chance this happens again, I could also disable the last spam filter – Akismet. Akismet does put things in pending if their server doesn’t respond or a paid account lapses. However, in my experience this is pretty rare, and disabling Akismet would be opening the floodgates. So my default tactic is to be cautious. If even disabling Akismet doesn’t work, I’ll just have to do a lot more troubleshooting and research, which will take time.

For the other issues of freshness and things showing up or disappearing, I disabled a bunch of caching. I should warn you that this might slow the forums down for people. Please have them report back on whether this is an improvement. If the latest poster notices still aren’t current, I could do more troubleshooting. Again, I do low hanging fruit first, and time intensive things as a last resort.

I’m supportive of her tactics. I’m not keen to see the last spam filter removed so if things improve that will be a relief. I’m also in favour of her tackling the “low hanging fruit” first as her time is our money! All we can do is keep monitoring things. Please keep your error reports coming to this thread.

Cheers,
    Kathleen

From Sydney, Australia

Moderator-1
    Moderator-1

keep monitoring things

I agree with your conclusion to leave Askismet in place.  Replies are still being diverted to the pending folder.  I am retoring them as soon as I can.  I restored one by Rick Warren today.  After taking that action, I tried to view it on the public forum.  I clicked on  his now-restored- reply and got this page:

It looks like nothing was found at this location. Maybe try one of the links below or a search?”

I performed this action several times and continue to get this oops page.  The only way I can read Rick’s most recent reply is by clicking on *general discussions* to find the freshest reply for a topic and by clicking on that.  The *freshness* function works fine within this layer of the forum.

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

Another missing post today in Reincarnation.   Oh dear…

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

Another lost post in “Reincarnation” this morning……

Hi!

Looks like the missing posts problem is still around – got the message that it posted but it didn’t…

Also, I cannot edit my own profile – none of the features are working…

Thanks!

Moderator-1
    Moderator-1

the missing posts problem is still around

It happens from time to time.  Your post has been restored.

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

Heads up….

It appears that Nameless has a new post stuck in the spam folder… or wherever they go instead of where they’re supposed to go…

;-)

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.