Melchizedek teachings

Home Forums Urantia Book General Discussions Melchizedek teachings

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Gene
    Participant

Paper 93:3-4 it caught my eye that Melchizedek revealed “advanced truth, embracing the conduct and organization of the local universe” to “some” who were receptive. Very few I believe.

i realize we are told “the local universe” but where did the Hindus get this?

then when reading about Jesus and Ganid studies in Alexandria and Ganids writing about the worlds religions I found paper 131:4-5 of the Hindue religion ” our God wears the heavens as a mantle, he also inhabits the other six wide-spreading universes”

makes me want to take a closer look at Hinduism.

If I were a bright youngster like Ganid it would have been a great opportunity to talk about this.

also, I can’t recall but it appears that these studies was Jesus way of revealing Melchizedeks teaching to Ganid? Can’t recall direct conversations between them.

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

Greetings Gene….have you tried the next Paper – Paper 94?  I think any detailed study of Hinduism would be time consuming and without much fruit to glean compared to the UB which also restates, far more clearly, Big Mac’s teachings.  Hindu’s certainly convoluted the Salem teachings into mostly unrecognizable gibberish….not that it is not fascinating gibberish of primitive and pagan myths mostly….at least so now.

94:0.1 (1027.1) THE early teachers of the Salem religion penetrated to the remotest tribes of Africa and Eurasia, ever preaching Machiventa’s gospel of man’s faith and trust in the one universal God as the only price of obtaining divine favor. Melchizedek’s covenant with Abraham was the pattern for all the early propaganda that went out from Salem and other centers. Urantia has never had more enthusiastic and aggressive missionaries of any religion than these noble men and women who carried the teachings of Melchizedek over the entire Eastern Hemisphere. These missionaries were recruited from many peoples and races, and they largely spread their teachings through the medium of native converts. They established training centers in different parts of the world where they taught the natives the Salem religion and then commissioned these pupils to function as teachers among their own people.

94:1.6 (1028.2) The rejection of the Melchizedek gospel of trust in God and salvation through faith marked a vital turning point for India. The Salem missionaries had contributed much to the loss of faith in all the ancient Vedic gods, but the leaders, the priests of Vedism, refused to accept the Melchizedek teaching of one God and one simple faith.

94:1.7 (1028.3) The Brahmans culled the sacred writings of their day in an effort to combat the Salem teachers, and this compilation, as later revised, has come on down to modern times as the Rig-Veda, one of the most ancient of sacred books. The second, third, and fourth Vedas followed as the Brahmans sought to crystallize, formalize, and fix their rituals of worship and sacrifice upon the peoples of those days. Taken at their best, these writings are the equal of any other body of similar character in beauty of concept and truth of discernment. But as this superior religion became contaminated with the thousands upon thousands of superstitions, cults, and rituals of southern India, it progressively metamorphosed into the most variegated system of theology ever developed by mortal man. An examination of the Vedas will disclose some of the highest and some of the most debased concepts of Deity ever to be conceived.

Gene
    Participant

Thank you Brad,

i did read paper 94 but it was Ganids notes on the worlds religion (Hindus included) that when summarized in his words brought the teachings of Big Mac into focus or made it more interesting because of the common theam that ran through them all – mainly one God. What a great history lesson and a revelation within itself of sorts. Left Ganid with a perspective that few people have.

Also Mac deciding to teach advanced truth to some. I really didn’t catch who that “some” were and the only thing I could find was in Ganids notes about Hindus where “the other six expanding universes” were noted. dont know if some of the Salem missionaries were told about the 7 superiniverses and took what they remembered to india or ?? Just interesting to think about.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant
    Gene wrote:  Also Mac deciding to teach advanced truth to some.

That shouldn’t come as a big surprise.  They tell us over and over again about the capacity of receptivity and to teach to the level of the learner.  I don’t think the universe operates on a one-size-fits-all mentality.  Isn’t that what the social justice crowd wants us to believe, one-size-fits-all?  And we know where that’s taking us, straight into the heart of mediocrity.

92:4.1 Always must the religion of revelation be limited by man’s capacity of receptivity.

Melchizedek, like all good teachers, geared his lessons to the learner’s capacity to receive them.  Jesus did this too.

133:4.2 Said Jesus: “Give the milk of truth to those who are babes in spiritual perception. In your living and loving ministry serve spiritual food in attractive form and suited to the capacity of receptivity of each of your inquirers.”

Remember when he gave Nathaniel the inside info concerning the Hebrew scriptures?  He explained their true history and nature to Nathaniel because he was ready to hear it, but Jesus also told him not to share the info because others weren’t ready to hear it, they hadn’t attained the capacity for receptivity of  that knowledge.  That’s the sign of a really good teacher.

159:4.2 “Nathaniel, you have rightly judged; I do not regard the Scriptures as do the rabbis. I will talk with you about this matter on condition that you do not relate these things to your brethren, who are not all prepared to receive this teaching.

Incidentally, Melchizedek chose Palestine because it was the best place for Michael to incarnate, but also because of the presence of people with the capacity for receptivity.

93:5.2 At the time of the incarnation of Melchizedek there were many families on earth just as well prepared to receive the doctrine of Salem as was that of Abraham. There were equally endowed families among the red men, the yellow men, and the descendants of the Andites to the west and north. But, again, none of these localities were so favorably situated for Michael’s subsequent appearance on earth as was the eastern shore of the Mediterranean Sea.

Gene
    Participant

do you think that Ganids summary of the worlds religions constitutes proof of Mac’s teachings and incarnation?

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

Melchizedek is mentioned in the Book of Genesis and in the Psalms as the king of Salem and the priest of El Elyon.  I think that’s proof of his existence for Jews, Christians and most historians.  He is also mentioned in the Dead Sea Scrolls as a divine being, which is really interesting.  But, proof of his teachings?  I’m not sure what you mean by that. TUB is good enough evidence for me that his teachings spread throughout most of the world.  I’ve always thought that Ganid’s collection of Melchezidek’s teachings in the world’s religions are worth a rigorous study.  I think Jesus was trying to show Ganid the similarities between the truth in all religions, and that they all have a common root in that truth, which came from Melchizedek’s epochal revelation to the world.

131:01 Ganid employed more than threescore learned translators in the making of this abstract of the religious doctrines of the world concerning the Deities. And it should be made plain in this record that all these teachings portraying monotheism were largely derived, directly or indirectly, from the preachments of the missionaries of Machiventa Melchizedek, who went forth from their Salem headquarters to spread the doctrine of one God – the Most High – to the ends of the earth.

I find it interesting that Judaism and Cynicism held the closest to Melchizedek’s teachings, which is why Jesus incarnated as a Jew.  But what about Cynicism?  What happened to it?  I think it got absorbed into Christianity, although today it’s become a bad word.  Back in Jesus’ day it was a philosophy.  Odd that a philosophy, rather than a religion, held onto Melchizedek’s original teachings so well.  If you read the description of it in 131:1, it sounds absolutely fabulous.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.